America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,689 comments
:lol:

Amazing.

🌽 🌽 🌽 🌽 🌽

Is there something in your water, America, or are we now finally seeing the results of building on top of Indian burial grounds?

a8q3oxZ_460s.jpg

cat%20facepalm.gif
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Also consider the possibility that the sellout is just as fake as the scarcity of the product.

Last edited:
Can someone share what the current results are? Don't have Twitter, clearly never will at this rate.

What Elon did here was put himself in a lose/lose situation. He either allows his plane to be tracked and broadcast, which he hates, or he looks like a huge hypocrite on the entire twitter argument. It's a masterful effort of stupidity.

So what does he do? He makes a poll for people to comment. "What should I do?" Elon wants to know. Well Elon, you shouldn't have gotten yourself into this mess to begin with. It's not my responsibility to help you out of it. You're in a lose/lose position. None of your options are good, and making a poll doesn't make that anyone else's fault.

Last edited:
What Elon did here was put himself in a lose/lose situation. He either allows his plane to be tracked and broadcast, which he hates, or he looks like a huge hypocrite on the entire twitter argument. It's a masterful effort of stupidity.

So what does he do? He makes a poll for people to comment. "What should I do?" Elon wants to know. Well Elon, you shouldn't have gotten yourself into this mess to begin with. It's not my responsibility to help you out of it. You're in a lose/lose position. None of your options are good, and making a poll doesn't make that anyone else's fault.
I apparently have more to say about this.

This is psychological manipulation. What Elon is trying to do is get people to be less critical of him by presenting them with a poll showing you his options. If you have a strong opinion about what he should do, you then have choice affirmation bias if he does what you selected in the poll - and that makes you like him more. Not only did he do what you wanted, but his choice is now your choice. As a result, you lose some of your resistance to all of the nonsense that led up to this. If he doesn't do what you wanted him to do, you might not like it, but maybe you had some trouble picking an option. Maybe you felt like... gosh, this is hard, how do I decide which one he should do? And that lets you forgive him, because his position is a tough one.

So for example, let's say you choose that he should unsuspend the account. You've now tacitly agreed with his "free speech" nonsense about how twitter shouldn't moderate. And if he does it, the choice is then yours and you've bought essentially all of his nonsense. If he doesn't do it, then he can argue that he's doing what the public wanted, and you still kinda bought into the idea that he shouldn't be moderating content.

On the flip side, let's say you choose that he should not unsuspend the account. Now you've tacitly agreed to his hypocritical position, and so his hypocrisy kinda becomes yours. This let's him off the hook as well. Then if doesn't unsuspend the account, that was your choice. But if he does, he can still argue that he's doing what the public wanted, and you still kinda bought into the idea that he should take a hypocritical position.

The only right answer here is to rightly point out that he's in a mess of his own making, and that he's lost the game and it's entirely his fault.

This is a familiar kind of game because Trump plays this manipulation crap all the time.

Spend $44 billion by mistake for no other reason than to silence your critics.

Oh, things you should do...
Build time machine so Musk could prevent himself from buying Twitter.

Oh no... that won't work.

lol

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of reach. Hateful tweets will be max deboosted.

Cohen is acting on behalf of fired Twitter employees who he alleges are not being paid the full severance promised. As Cohen writes, “you’ve been attempting to tap-dance your way out of Twitter’s binding obligations to its employees.”

Ruh roh, looks like Elon's Twitter meltdown is starting to get to the people who he should be listening to.
Tesla investors are starting to wonder if CEO Elon Musk is still the right man to lead the company. With much of Musk’s attention focused on Twitter, which he’s shaking up following his $44 billion takeover in late October, doubts are increasing about his ability to effectively lead the electric-vehicle maker.
On Wednesday, Leo Koguan, one of Tesla’s largest individual shareholders, called for a leadership change, tweeting: “Elon abandoned Tesla and Tesla has no working CEO. Tesla needs and deserves to have working full time CEO.”

Leo said someone more focused on the operational side of the company, similar to Tim Cook at Apple, should take over the company. Cook became Apple CEO after the death of co-founder Steve Jobs, who like Musk was strong on the visionary side.

“Elon is a mere hired hands,” Leo added. “He is our employee…Elon was the proud father, Tesla has grown up. An executioner, Tim Cook-like is needed, not Elon.”
Ives believes Musk overpaid for Twitter by about $20 billion and needed to tap into his Tesla shares to pay for the acquisition.

“One of investors’ bigger concerns is that Musk is using Tesla as an ATM machine,” Ives said. “That has been a massive overhang on Tesla’s stock.”

Another concern is that Musk’s perceived lean toward far-right beliefs on Twitter could translate to left-leaning car buyers avoiding Teslas. They’ll certainly have more options, with more automakers piling into the EV space. S&P Global Mobility recently predicted that Tesla’s market share in the U.S. will drop from 65% this year to below 20% by 2025.

Gary Black, managing partner of the Future Fund and a Tesla shareholder, tweeted on Wednesday about Musk: “He will realize soon (if not already) that his polarizing political views are hurting customer perceptions of $TSLA EVs. Customers don’t want their cars to be controversial. They want to be proud as hell to drive them — not embarrassed.”

Ruh roh, looks like Elon's Twitter meltdown is starting to get to the people who he should be listening to.
Musk is gaining right-wing cred, but losing left-wing Tesla buyers.
YouGov.png

MorningConsult.png

The problem with the right's sudden love for Musk is that they don't buy Teslas. Or any EVs. It's all about rolling coal for them. EVs are simply too effete.

Last edited:
People I understand to be rational and intelligent are questioning the legitimacy of that, even postulating that Musk himself would generate such a fake.

There's just the one screenshot circulating (odd given the scrutiny Musk is under) and it doesn't seem to show up in archives.

Last edited:
People I understand to be rational and intelligent are questioning the legitimacy of that, even postulating that Musk himself would generate such a fake.

There's just the one screenshot circulating (odd given the scrutiny Musk is under) and it doesn't seem to show up in archives.
I was under the impression that he'd deleted it but have no way of verifying this.

Musk has apparently unsuspended the suspended journalists who "doxxed" him (after claiming in the Spaces chat he rage-quit before deleting the entire Spaces function that one had posted his address [which they didn't and which isn't hard to find because it too is public record]) and JoinMastodon, but he's also suspended another journalist.

The latest victim is Linette Lopez, tech reporter for Business Insider, whose final tweet contained absolutely no links of any kind - much less to any ElonJet accounts - but did very recently write a long thread containing all the instances in which Musk was a whiny little piss baby.

Also Maya Musk has now come to her son's defence on Twitter.

lol. lmao.

The latest victim is Linette Lopez, tech reporter for Business Insider, whose final tweet contained absolutely no links of any kind - much less to any ElonJet accounts - but did very recently write a long thread containing all the instances in which Musk was a whiny little piss baby.
Still suspended at the time of this post, Keith Olbermann has since been reinstated while Linette has not. Interestingly, Keith appears to have had his follower list nuked, which...I mean I personally think Keith Olbermann not reaching people is a good thing, but that's me.

I should say that I think Elon and anyone else who owns a private social network avails the service entirely at their discretion and should be permitted to do so without state intervention. Access is a privilege, and indeed may be a conditional privilege if the owner so chooses, rather than a right. Market remedies exist for supposed unfairness, but legal remedies favor privilege over right, thereby violating the rights of those that avail the services.

Not in a million years would I have gotten that.

Also @Jordan is just profoundly cruel. I rarely browse with sound on but I hit the "Christmas" reaction while that clip was playing.
I love it when tangential posts appear in threads like this one. Hence the above post ... ^^^ ... was followed directly by this one
I mean he only started doing mass banning of parody accounts with paid for verification after they started dunking on him. Why would this be any different?
And my immediate thought was obviously to wonder why @Jordan was mass banning parody accounts on GTPlanet and why people were dunking on him 🤔😂😂.

I mean I know that Christmas tree reaction trick was deliciously evil (someone really should send him a white cat to stroke for that one!). But dunking did seem a bit of an overreaction.

Then my tired brain finally realised that @Tornado wasn't talking about :gtpflag:... 😂

I love it when tangential posts appear in threads like this one. Hence the above post ... ^^^ ... was followed directly by this one

And my immediate thought was obviously to wonder why @Jordan was mass banning parody accounts on GTPlanet and why people were dunking on him 🤔😂😂.

I mean I know that Christmas tree reaction trick was deliciously evil (someone really should send him a white cat to stroke for that one!). But dunking did seem a bit of an overreaction.

Then my tired brain finally realised that @Tornado wasn't talking about :gtpflag:... 😂
We are at the supreme leader's mercy! (Pick whichever supreme leader you'd like, that one.)

I’m trying to post a tweet thread here but the link refuses to be put into the text box. Can someone help me out? I’m on mobile.

Dan
I’m trying to post a tweet thread here but the link refuses to be put into the text box. Can someone help me out? I’m on mobile.
It should simply be a case of copy link, paste link.

Also this probably counts as "doxxing" under Elon Musk's bizarre interpretation and Twitter rules, but since he's literally on television right now and GTPlanet isn't Twitter, **** him:
1671381115361.png

Heading to the land of free speech absolutism, I see...

Back