America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,707 comments
Gerry Adams is complaining after being barred from entering the White House for Paddie's Craig.

To my mind... once a terrorist always a terrorist. It's sickening enough to see the head of the Bloody Sunday IRA cell (who also fired the first shot) as "Education Minister" without watching his boss ponce around at cocktail parties with real politicians. Adams says he "won't sit at the back of the bus for anyone". Must be a British Army bus.

Technically not "barred" - he was awaiting clearance but left himself after waiting for an hour and a half. Maybe he "accidentally" didn't bring his invitation/ID with him......

“It is obvious that there remain some within the US administration who seek to treat Sinn Féin differently.”

While Adams was declined entry to the get-together, his party deputy leader, Mary Lou McDonald, and Sinn Féin’s Northern Ireland deputy first minister, Martin McGuinness, were both admitted.

Poor Gerry, think it's just no one wants him around anymore (not even SF much) :lol:

I could be wrong because I really don't keep up with this stuff, but I don't think the majority of those people have a problem with immigration, it is illegal immigration that is the problem. Huge difference.

And the Pilgrim fathers and the like weren't illegal immigrants on Mahican, Quinnipac, Massachusett and Nipmuc land?

It doesn't detract from the man's point and however you cut it, it's an interesting perspective.

I could be wrong because I really don't keep up with this stuff, but I don't think the majority of those people have a problem with immigration, it is illegal immigration that is the problem. Huge difference.

ISIS want to claim the land in the name of their own, they want to eradicate the existence and history of those who don't believe and they intend to do so without any respect for the laws or cultures of the lands they invade.

That's so different from the European invasion of the American continent that... oh, hang on.

And the Pilgrim fathers and the like weren't illegal immigrants on Mahican, Quinnipac, Massachusett and Nipmuc land?

It doesn't detract from the man's point and however you cut it, it's an interesting perspective.

ISIS want to claim the land in the name of their own, they want to eradicate the existence and history of those who don't believe and they intend to do so without any respect for the laws or cultures of the lands they invade.

That's so different from the European invasion of the American continent that... oh, hang on.

Are you guys so wracked with guilt - over European colonization hundreds of years ago, no less - that today you are paralyzed in response to the problems of immigration to Europe today?? NO, you're not!!

However, you are paralyzed and your are consumed with guilt. But it's not over what your ancestors did centuries ago. You two beloved friends need to get to the couch and be administered some much needed therapy. :);)

Are you guys so wracked with guilt - over European colonization hundreds of years ago, no less, that today you are paralyzed in response to the problems of immigration to Europe today?? NO, you're not!!

Believe you me, in my expereince there are people from some unnamed European countries *cough*ireland*cough*wales*cough*slovakia*cough*greece*cough*russia who have very, very long memories.

Like I said above, that video offers an interesting perspective. One that might make you pause for a moment and think "Hmm, well now that I think about it..." and then you can go on with your day. It wasn't supposed to be a complete laceration or deconstruction of the European colonisation of the Americas.

I liked the "We didn't invite you!" line. Fair play to him, he got the crowd to disperse.

ISIS is counting on the likes of you to stir up some guilt on the part of the natives. You should become a politician, you make a great apologist.

They'd have you believe the sky is falling lol, it's nothing more than an expectation of gaining power through fear.

Clearly Fusion don't believe in freedom of association or private property:

http://fusion.net/story/286592/mississippi-hb1523-discriminates-lgbt/

Oh look, pointless and vague laws that protect certain industries. And a law that essentially poop smears that whole "church and state" separation. How in the heck is one "sincerely held belief" more important than another to be argued in court?

Look, you enter into a contract, and you either agree or disagree with it, or you choose to amicably modify it. If you break the contract, then that's when a law is violated. A law allowing arbitrary refusal and protections (for certain industries) for violating said contract law as an escape clause is an ultimately lazy form of theft.

So are theft, laziness, and government oversight are suddenly conservative values? Must have missed that.

Last edited:
Oh look, pointless and vague laws that protect certain industries. And a law that essentially poop smears that whole "church and state" separation. How in the heck is one "sincerely held belief" more important than another to be argued in court?

Look, you enter into a contract, and you either agree or disagree with it, or you choose to amicably modify it. If you break the contract, then that's when you modify it. A law allowing arbitrary refusal and protections (for certain industries) for violating said contract law as an escape clause is an ultimately lazy form of theft.

So are theft, laziness, and government oversight are suddenly conservative values? Must have missed that.
There is a saying, "beware of one hand clapping."

If a homosexual couple want to have their nuptials, there is nothing, legally, that is stopping them from doing so. They can go before a Justice of the Peace and it will be recognized legally. The issue at hand comes is when said couple wants to force a church into housing the ceremony. Just to be clear, the ruling that allowed gays to marry did NOT consider the first amendment at all in the ruling. Why? It is the concept of "church and state", that liberals, and other hard leaning leftists, like to hold up to bash Christians, was not used as a measure of protection for the churches who do not wish to participate in the nuptials. This ruling is the reason why my father, who is a Baptist minister, refuses to officiate any weddings anymore.

There is a saying, "beware of one hand clapping."

If a homosexual couple want to have their nuptials, there is nothing, legally, that is stopping them from doing so. They can go before a Justice of the Peace and it will be recognized legally. The issue at hand comes is when said couple wants to force a church into housing the ceremony. Just to be clear, the ruling that allowed gays to marry did NOT consider the first amendment at all in the ruling. Why? It is the concept of "church and state", that liberals, and other hard leaning leftists, like to hold up to bash Christians, was not used as a measure of protection for the churches who do not wish to participate in the nuptials. This ruling is the reason why my father, who is a Baptist minister, refuses to officiate any weddings anymore.

You didn't really read the law, then.

You didn't really read the law, then.
Really? Then please explain to me why someone (i.e. my father) should be forced into a contract that they didn't agree to? This is essentially what the liberals want in the end run.

iURfBEP.jpg

There would be no need for the law if people would just stfu.

Could you expand on this a bit?

Last edited:
Really? Then please explain to me why someone (i.e. my father) should be forced into a contract that they didn't agree to?

He isn't and won't ever be. Once he doesn't feel that he could/should uphold his contract to register marriages in the eyes of the law then he can stop doing so. From what you said he's already made the choice that he doesn't agree with the law. I'd guess that, as a minister, he knows quite a bit about the law and its fluid nature - changes and evolutions therein will have been no surprise to him.

I applaud him feeling empowered in his choices and I'm happy that we live in a world where he can make those choices in an unforced way.

This is essentially what the liberals want in the end run.

Bollocks. Source required :)

Back