///AMN Performance - Closed.

• Thread starter Watchman
  • 147 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking garage! :) It gives me an excuse to buy another M5!! :) Actually, I think I'll probably test out your M3 GTR tune first, as I knew the M3 had serious potential but needed tuning. I'm looking forward to testing it out right after I finish the Nurburgring 4 hours that I'm currently racing in my M5. ;) -kevin

I really enjoyed the M3 GTR! After some time on the Nurburgring with the performance package I was able to get a 6:04.xx. I had a 6:02.xx, but I touched the wall maybe twice during that run so I'm not counting it. I did not use the NOS, but of course I had the R5 tires. I'm sure I can get below 6:00 when I go back to the Ring. It's setup wonderfully for that track. The only issue I ever had during my (hours long :)) test was on tracks other than the Ring, upon really hard braking while slightly turning to setup for a turn the rear end can get loose. This can actually help, like at the last turn of Tsukuba, but at the end of Circuit De La Sarthe's Mulsanne straight you have to adjust your braking. Just do the majority of braking before you start turning in and you'll be fine. Like I said, it's only an issue on a small number of turns in the game, but for the sake of being thorough, I had to point that out. Next up will be the NSX, but for a later time, because like I said, I was just driving for hours! :ill: :)-kevin

Nice looking garage! :) It gives me an excuse to buy another M5!! :) Actually, I think I'll probably test out your M3 GTR tune first, as I knew the M3 had serious potential but needed tuning. I'm looking forward to testing it out right after I finish the Nurburgring 4 hours that I'm currently racing in my M5. ;) -kevin

Thanks for the kindly spoken words, kevinm!

I really enjoyed the M3 GTR! After some time on the Nurburgring with the performance package I was able to get a 6:04.xx. I had a 6:02.xx, but I touched the wall maybe twice during that run so I'm not counting it. I did not use the NOS, but of course I had the R5 tires. I'm sure I can get below 6:00 when I go back to the Ring. It's setup wonderfully for that track. The only issue I ever had during my (hours long :)) test was on tracks other than the Ring, upon really hard braking while slightly turning to setup for a turn the rear end can get loose. This can actually help, like at the last turn of Tsukuba, but at the end of Circuit De La Sarthe's Mulsanne straight you have to adjust your braking. Just do the majority of braking before you start turning in and you'll be fine. Like I said, it's only an issue on a small number of turns in the game, but for the sake of being thorough, I had to point that out. Next up will be the NSX, but for a later time, because like I said, I was just driving for hours! :ill: :)-kevin

Thanks for the review! The M3 GTR has always been one of the best cars out there. It's stock performance is not good as the performance of cars in its class, but when tuned properly, it blows away even cars from better classes. About the brakes: You can brake and turn at the same time. If you go fully on the brakes, steering won't be that good, but it's enough for most corners of the tracks in GT4, like you said. But: Let's take the right corner after the long straight at Circuit de la Sarthe as an example. When you want to brake for that turn, don't go fully onto the brakes (of course late ;)), but hit them to about 60-70% and you will still be able to steer like if you aren't even braking. If you brake 100%, the steering response is not that good, but as said, try to not brake 100% (for that corner) and you will do fine. Your laptime could easily be dropped to under 6 minutes around Nürburgring. Even without NOS, you can clock fast laptimes. If you go for NOS, set it at max. amount and you will do fine. Make sure to use it when accelerating out of corners, heading a straight. And about the rear getting loose: It's a good thing. When you, for example, brake for Nürburgring's (or other tracks') tight corners, you can brake very late and then hit the throttle to get even more oversteer and accelerate out of the corner faster than you would normally do. You just need to practise and you will get the hang of it.

Once again, thank you for the review. Now you're allowed to ask for two cars to be tuned to your likings. 👍

Make sure you put on R3s when testing the Landshark. It was tuned on R3s, but we had to put on R1s to meet TGC's requirements. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right about being to able to brake 60-70% instead of 100% on certain turns. The only problem is when the AI is behind you at the end of the Mulsanne straight! I'll just pull over to the side and let them blow past me and fly into the sand trap, instead of being rear ended at 200+! :D

I was going to ask for a 2002 Turbo to be tuned, but I think I want to try to do that one myself. I'll find something for ya'll to tune, though. ;) -kevin

Last edited:
You're right about being to able to brake 60-70% instead of 100% on certain turns. The only problem is when the AI is behind you at the end of the Mulsanne straight! I'll just pull over to the side and let them blow past me and fly into the sand trap, instead of being rear ended at 200+! :D

I was going to ask for a 2002 Turbo to be tuned, but I think I want to try to do that one myself. I'll find something for ya'll to tune, though. ;) -kevin

Yeah, I know how it is to see the AI in the rear mirror thinking "If I brake now, he will crash into me without braking. They will end up in the sand trap anyways, so let's better let them pass." :D

Remember that you're allowed to ask for two cars to be tuned for you. ;)

Alright, how about an extremely fast Vanquish. I don't want it to be on a razor's edge; I want tons of grip and downforce. Keep the manners and class of an Aston, but I don't want a slouch in the corners. Keep the wheelspin to a minimum. Moderate oversteer. So basically a very stable, powerful and grippy car. R5 tires, please! ;) -kevin

Alright, how about an extremely fast Vanquish. I don't want it to be on a razor's edge; I want tons of grip and downforce. Keep the manners and class of an Aston, but I don't want a slouch in the corners. Keep the wheelspin to a minimum. Moderate oversteer. So basically a very stable, powerful and grippy car. R5 tires, please! ;) -kevin

Alright, good choice. 👍 Should it be fully tuned or just to a specific amount of horsepower? Downforce? - No, problem, I'll add a wing. Not sure about the R5 tyres. I'll give it a go on R3s and see if I can make it handle well, then you can put on R5s and test it with those tyres, too. ;)

Ahem. I call plagarism! You'll hear from my attorneys, you scabarous thieves.

:sly:

:lol:!!! Actually, I was the one who came up with that name...

Anyways, why not give our cars a test drive and give a review if you would love to ;)

///AMN Performance™ has reached another milestone.

We've broken our previous M5 Hurricane+ '10 Nürburgring lap record by more than 1.5 seconds and ended up with an impressive final lap time of 5'51.309. You don't believe us? - Watch this:

Just in case you couldn't see the final lap time:

AMNPerformanceM5Hurricane10RecordLa.png

© ///AMN Performance™ All Rights Reserved.

Hang on...at the beginning of the video, it shows an Impreza. Is this a sign of things to come, Nenad? :sly:

Impressive!!!!!!

Is the transmission theoritical? Couldn't tune my first few gears that short. But awesome handling. Damn good work.

Impressive!!!!!!

Is the transmission theoritical? Couldn't tune my first few gears that short. But awesome handling. Damn good work.

I think it's the "Tranny Trick"...It's a glitch in the game that allows you to set Gear Ratios super-short whilst having a useable powerband for the engine. I don't know how to do it myself, otherwise i'd have tested and reviewed quite a few cars here!

Impressive!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. :) About the transmission... Read on:

I think it's the "Tranny Trick"...It's a glitch in the game that allows you to set Gear Ratios super-short whilst having a useable powerband for the engine. I don't know how to do it myself, otherwise i'd have tested and reviewed quite a few cars here!

It's not the tranny trick. I'll fire up my PS2 right now and edit this post (and the Hurricane setup) with how to get those gear ratios.

EDIT: I reset the gearbox and come up to the following order to get all gear ratios as they are listed in the setup: First Final to 2.500, then Auto to 19, then the individual gear ratios.

EDIT 2: Transmission (M3 FireStorm): !Attention: First Final to 3.000, Auto left at 13, then the individual gear ratios.

EDIT 3: Transmission (NSX LandShark): !Attention: First Final to 2.500, then Auto to 19, then the individual gear ratios.

Ahmad, please edit the post of the FireStorm and copy paste the attention sentence I've written above. Thanks.

Announcement / News

We've made a new banner for our thread (entire post) and our website. Here is a short explanation of what it represents:

First of all, there is the white text which represents our thoughts. Golden text can be found under it which is in the same colour as the curves. Our new logo is right next to the golden text. The golden text says 'The one and only' and at the same time, the text 'Performance' on our new logo is golden, too. With that said, we are the only tuning garage which delivers good performing cars. Curves seperate us from the plain, uninspired and clueless rest of the tuning world (on the right). At the same time, the curves stand for our ambition to break records with our perfectly tuned cars. With that ambition and thinking we are seperated from the rest, being something special and in the end, the best.

This is our new logo we will keep:

AMNPerformance.png

Last edited:
EDIT: I reset the gearbox and come up to the following order to get all gear ratios as they are listed in the setup: First Final to 2.500, then Auto to 19, then the individual gear ratios.

EDIT 2: Transmission (M3 FireStorm): !Attention: First Final to 3.000, Auto left at 13, then the individual gear ratios.

Sweet!!! Your WAY more responsive than my Toyota mechanic.....

Made the changes. Improved my time ( need less driver input errors and the end of the ring ).

Can't wait for more tunes....///AMN is my first tune shop, and will be the first place I look to for more. Keep up the GREAT work!

Now if only I can get closer to 6mins at the ring. Down to 6'24".xxx but I know I left some time out there. (Glad there is no cost for virtual petrol, or skins).

Sweet!!! Your WAY more responsive than my Toyota mechanic.....

That's how it should always be. :)

FishforRent
Made the changes. Improved my time ( need less driver input errors and the end of the ring ).

Good to see it worked out for you. All setups have been revisited and from now on, instructions on how to get the gear ratios will be included.

FishforRent
Can't wait for more tunes....///AMN is my first tune shop, and will be the first place I look to for more. Keep up the GREAT work!

We will release a new car tomorrow! Make sure you have enough credits to purchase the black monster... At this point, I want to thank you for the trustfulness. It's good to see people are interested in our tunes and in our garage in a whole. :)

FishforRent
Now if only I can get closer to 6mins at the ring. Down to 6'24".xxx but I know I left some time out there. (Glad there is no cost for virtual petrol, or skins).

6'24 is not bad for the beginning. You should adjust your lines to carry as much speed through the corners as possible. If you need help with any aspect driving this car on Nürburgring, feel free to ask here and we will be happy to help you.

Additionally, I want to say that you should remember that 1 review = 2 car requests, means: If you review one of our cars you will be allowed to request two cars, doesn't matter which they are, to be tuned to your own likings (Any other garage will give you only 1 car request for 1 review, but this is not a normal garage... ;)). 👍

With that said, we are the only tuning garage which delivers good performing cars.
Curves seperate us from the plain, uninspired and clueless rest of the tuning world (on the right).
our perfectly tuned cars
With that ambition and thinking we are seperated from the rest, being something special and in the end, the best.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're doing a good job of antagonizing other tuners, and probably also of turning away people who would otherwise be interested. You're making awfully bold and arrogant claims, and I have yet to see any clear evidence that your tunes are so superior to those of everyone else. For example, I tested the NSX Landshark during the Tuning Garage Challenge and was distinctly unimpressed; it was totally joyless to drive, and acted and performed exactly like a JGTC NSX, which, in my mind, sort of renders it pointless. Sure, it was very fast, but it's hardly a challenge to make an NSX go fast because it has so much grip as modeled by PD.

Antagonize? The rest of us? I don't think so. There has been plenty of garages that have come and gone, whereas MFT still stands proudly, relying on it's achievements instead of claims. ;) No peas.. I wish you good guys good luck with the refreshed new garage. Have fun while trying to catch up! :lol:

You're doing a good job of antagonizing other tuners, and probably also of turning away people who would otherwise be interested. You're making awfully bold and arrogant claims, and I have yet to see any clear evidence that your tunes are so superior to those of everyone else. For example, I tested the NSX Landshark during the Tuning Garage Challenge and was distinctly unimpressed; it was totally joyless to drive, and acted and performed exactly like a JGTC NSX, which, in my mind, sort of renders it pointless. Sure, it was very fast, but it's hardly a challenge to make an NSX go fast because it has so much grip as modeled by PD.

The complete ///AMN crew and especially Ahmad, who has posted this, never wanted and will never want to say that other GT4 tuners and their tunes are bad. It is just a short description of what the banner stands for. Nothing is directed to anyone on :gtplanet:, it has to be seen more as a 'slogan'. Sorry for the misunderstanding. About the NSX: This car has actually not been tuned on R1s, but on R3s. That change was just made to meet TGC 2.0's requirements and regulations. The tune isn't 100% finished anyways. If you would've looked at the setup a bit, you would've noticed that there is not really a description for it, which in my eyes shows that the setup isn't finished and that the car has been released in a hurry to not miss the deadline. Tell me, what do you have against the copyright? The new logo is ownership of ///AMN.

Antagonize? The rest of us? I don't think so. There has been plenty of garages that have come and gone, whereas MFT still stands proudly, relying on it's achievements instead of claims. ;) No peas.. I wish you good guys good luck with the refreshed new garage. Have fun while trying to catch up! :lol:

Antagonizing anyone here is the last thing we want to do and with that said, I see no reason to take the text (description) from Ahmad as a kind of insult or thelike. As said above, the description is just some slogan and to make everything look better. I see no reason to tell that MFT stands proudly on any archievements. We all know that you guys started this thing, but making other garages down just because they're new and have visions isn't quite good. Well, what do we have to catch up? We release our tunes for the customers, we don't think this is competition. For us, it's releasing cars for other people who don't have the time or can't tune their cars to perform great, giving them the chance to enjoy them, not looking after other garages and doing our own thing. 👍

We ///AMN Performance members, especially me are very sorry for this. The point of the news or whatever to call it has got nothing to do with other tuners. Its all just our philosophy and our believes that we are the best that we have done the perfect (I know nothing in this world is perfect) setups for the cars. The text I posted is more to like a slogan, or ads and nothing to do with me being arrognat.

As said by Nenad above, we tuned the NSX in hurry before the deadline for the TGC 2.0 and it was originally tuned on R3s. Also the description says it all...

We didn't meant to insult any other tuning garage in GTP. As said above, it's our philosophy. We don't need to play catch up, we believe in ourselves that we can do the very best as we can.

Anyways, thanks and good to see you guys step in here but next time, when you see something you think is wrong, just send me or any other members of ///AMN Performance a Visitor Message or a Private Message because in the end, these discussions solve nothing and they just show that we never wanted to hurt or insult anyone.

"antagonizing" To quote an old movie, "..I do not think that word means what you think it means..."

Confidence is bred through bold statements. Professional people throughout this planet (earth) haved accomplished great things in this manner.

True is the statement that iron sharpens iron; however the too materials can also dull each other, if misused. The fact that we may ALLOW ourselves to be shaped by others, is a personal measurement we must make for ourselves.

I make these statements not to defend or offend anyone, only to bring perspective to what the TRUE goal of all should be -

Greatness,

not perfection

As said above, the text was never meant to insult anyone. It was meant to strengthen ourselves and it's rather a slogan or an ad than a post about any unintelligent claims.

i love the fact that you guys are sharing this info so that we can all try those setups.

way to go guys keep up the good work

b spec bob just did his first lap in the m3 gtr at the nurburg ring in 653.391 on setting 3 and his second lap in 650.121 on setting 4 and 644.874 at setting 5. i think that pretty impressive for bob.

i will try the m5 next

ok the M5 with b spec bob at the wheel at the nurburg ring

first lap setting 3 - 645.019
second lap setting 4 - 637.009
third lap setting 5 - 634.084

i also put the tvr speed 12 with some tunning around the track with bob at the wheel and he did it in 700.215

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back