Any news on Gran Turismo 8?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 202 comments
Which is bad for us customers.
Cross gen means making 2 games (as said before) - in the same time they usually would do 1 game.
This comes at the cost of quality, or will put development time at a much larger delay making unhappy investors and then creating pressue to release sooner, which again costs quaility.
I am very critical against it, just as I am towards any "pro console" of the same generation, I do believe having a single piece of hardware to develope on produces better games for the simple fact that it is easier to do.
Not exactly. New game engines are very good at scaling. Sometimes it isn't that much effort to port game for other console.

Also what you written doesn't reflect in reality. GT7 is much more polished game than next gen only Forza?
Horizon Forbidden West is one of the most beautifull titles this generation despite having PS4 release
God Of War Ragnarok was extremly well polished and optimised

It is just the differences between generations are smaller and smaller with each generation. This is just the way it is.

There is no way a GT8 is coming "soon".
My guess would be 2026, but even then I would prefer they sell a DLC with more events, tracks, and cars.
Since GT7 is kind of a live service game, they can improve and add more substantial content.
Also, a GT8 at this stage would not really improve much from GT7, such as the car models that will probably be the same.

Cross gen is a horrible waste of time.

Gt8 will release when we have a psvr3 whose stats will be > legit 4k+ and HDR, 120 fov or more, native 120 fps

Also, and this is important, Sony (pd) really need to get on the ffb regarding wheels. Now that Vr is a thing this long heavy rubber band thing corner feel, needs to go. Vr affects real world responses. It just does, accept it. Subsequently, creating patterned responses which will kill me out on the back roads, is less than desirable.

Didn’t really matter for flat. The brain didn’t care at all as flat becomes just another game of rote memorization…but VR, which is where the fun is…its relevant.

The PSVR2 has been somewhat of a flop so I doubt it has much relevance to future GTs.
Agree to disagree.

Its the only reason im still gaming. That and the secret service jamming up all of the carriage roads around here, preventing my normal ritual of stress release.

Besides, it feels like the older portion of genX are the ones who are most resistant and frankly no one should listen to them about anything, ever..

I wouldn't expect GT8 to even be teased within the next five years. The PS5 is going to remain a relevant platform for a long time and the structure of GT7 is something that can be continually improved as they've been doing. GT7 is probably going to be the only iteration for PS5 and that's probably fine.

I wouldn't expect GT8 to even be teased within the next five years. The PS5 is going to remain a relevant platform for a long time and the structure of GT7 is something that can be continually improved as they've been doing. GT7 is probably going to be the only iteration for PS5 and that's probably fine.
I dont think we see gt8 in a long time, but it will be teased within 5 years thats for sure, i would not be supriced if we get a tease of what gt8 could bring between 2025-2026

I DO NOT see a PS6 ever coming out before 2028 and if it does, it'll be so expensive nobody will want it
This comment coming relatively soon after many people paid scalpers almost double MSRP (sometimes more) for a PS5 and also in a time where plenty of people spend upwards of $1,500 for gaming PCs and not think much of it.

I doubt many people will give up their hobbies or favorite pastimes because the next gen consoles might cost as much as $800-$900. Though I doubt they’ll cost that much as companies price consoles knowing full well they’ll lose money on them for at least the first 1-2 years, but they have to price them low enough so that people will buy them in order to sell games and also buy accessories, subscriptions, DLCs etc. as well which is where they really make their money.

Maybe when Kaz says they maxed out what they can do on the PS5. Can't recall reading him saying that, in any interview, so far.
Either that or when PS6 comes out, Sony says "we ain't doing that double hardware dip again.".

This comment coming relatively soon after many people paid scalpers almost double MSRP (sometimes more) for a PS5 and also in a time where plenty of people spend upwards of $1,500 for gaming PCs and not think much of it.

I doubt many people will give up their hobbies or favorite pastimes because the next gen consoles might cost as much as $800-$900. Though I doubt they’ll cost that much as companies price consoles knowing full well they’ll lose money on them for at least the first 1-2 years, but they have to price them low enough so that people will buy them in order to sell games and also buy accessories, subscriptions, DLCs etc. as well which is where they really make their money.
Over here that $800 is more like 1200... at that price forget it. Some people will always have money to throw at scalper, you're forgetting that not all scalpers are living it up like they thought they would when it comes to the PS5 situation.. many have not got the buyers and are forced to sell just to break even.

Also, a PC is NOTHING like a console. They're not comparable.

GT8 = PS8

... and available for the ÂŁ3000+ gaming PC master race
Interesting thought experiment, but I don't think a theoretical PS8 will be launching with GT8... If it somehow did, I doubt the Emulatiors available will be any good at the game's launch. So no you wouldn't be able to play it on PC when it launches.

They started on development of GT8 as soon as GT7 was released. That’s how game development works. Doesn’t mean it comes any time soon though.
Does that mean No PS6 and no GT Sport 2? Not that anyone would like a theoretical GT Sport 2...

Last edited:
Seeing as GT7 works well on PS4 I don’t see owning one and not a PS5 is a current issue.Yes you could increase trackside graphics, but do you really notice what’s trackside while hammering down the track at 160 mph?Improvement in the quality of graphics even with a PS5 gets to a point where it doesn’t get noticed especially with younger gamers,us older gamers with dodgy eyes probably won’t notice the difference in graphics quality that much.Given the appalling cost of living people probably won’t have nearly £500 loafing about looking for a home at present. I think GT7 has a long life ahead of it. The arrival of the next PlayStation will be some years yet depending on advances in chips and technology.Will there be that much difference in appearance of games with the next PlayStation over the PS5?Racing games by their very nature are restricted to the track and environment,whereas an Open World game needs a lot more processing power than the former.You can only do so much with that restriction,maybe with the PS5 we are already at a point where there isn’t much more to improve?Certainly the physics can improve but there again there becomes a point where you are at the limit.

It’s far more than that, it’s already being worked on. Kaz already acknowledged that.
too bad for us players..I really don't need" 5 games in 10 years" to get "FAVOURITE CARS TRACKS " to play with.....
at one point I was so angry on ps that I wanted to buy xbox just to play with hoonigan cars...
now I saw leaked list for FM..showing amr pro and mcmutry spierling...I am so pissed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
because I know gt will never have those..

too bad for us players..I really don't need" 5 games in 10 years" to get "FAVOURITE CARS TRACKS " to play with.....
at one point I was so angry on ps that I wanted to buy xbox just to play with hoonigan cars...
now I saw leaked list for FM..showing amr pro and mcmutry spierling...I am so pissed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
because I know gt will never have those..
GTP is primarily an English-language board, just saying....

Kaz hasn’t disclosed “a theme” for it, or any real details that I’ve seen, he's only acknowledged that development has already begun on GT8.
All he said was he had a theme and I kinda feel like that was PR talk.

“Actually, there is a theme,” he said. “I'm starting to run towards the next one, but I can't tell you yet. It's a pity that I can't talk much.”

Just like how Rockstar was "working on" GTA 6 until that online money started rolling in.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back