Anyone else having issues with fanatec actually shipping or communicating?

England
England
I've recently purchased a GT DD with a load cell...paid for it and received an email saying my UPS tracker number would be available by monday...its now friday and still nothing...anyone else having issues?

I've recently purchased a GT DD with a load cell...paid for it and received an email saying my UPS tracker number would be available by monday...its now friday and still nothing...anyone else having issues?
They're still having issues. I ordered the QR2 bundle on 26th September, suffered with missing customs paperwork, no response from Fanatec support etc until it was finally delivered after a month.
Sometimes you can't see the tracking number using a mobile browser so use a laptop to double check. You can also try the UPS track by reference number option. Use your Fanatec order number as the shipment reference, select UK from the dropdown and enter your postcode without a space. I found my tracking number this way before it appeared on the order page.

Last edited:
I ordered the Fanatec CSL DD Universal hub bundle along with a QR1 about a month ago and everything was just fine. No delays of any kind. The only negative I can say is that they sent each component in a separate box which to me made no sense. It would have been so easy for one of the smaller boxes to have gotten lost along the way. To me it should have all been shipped in one box.

I ordered the Fanatec CSL DD Universal hub bundle along with a QR1 about a month ago and everything was just fine. No delays of any kind. The only negative I can say is that they sent each component in a separate box which to me made no sense. It would have been so easy for one of the smaller boxes to have gotten lost along the way. To me it should have all been shipped in one box.
It's a different situation in the US as you have your own warehouse there. For the UK and Europe everything ships from Germany, and all orders to here need customs paperwork which they've not been adding to shipments. The problems have been going on for a couple of months now.

Last edited:
Fanatec are a complete shambles at the moment with shipping and communications - they are swamped with a backlog of delayed orders (their move to a new shipping supplier has been disastrous) and swamped with the resulting backlog of emails etc from annoyed customers.

I guess all we can say is that they will probably eventually get this sorted - hopefully before Christmas.

Fanatec are a complete shambles at the moment with shipping and communications - they are swamped with a backlog of delayed orders (their move to a new shipping supplier has been disastrous) and swamped with the resulting backlog of emails etc from annoyed customers.

I guess all we can say is that they will probably eventually get this sorted - hopefully before Christmas.
Considering they are partnered now with polyphony and GT it's an utter disgrace that this company takes your money and can't be bothered to put up a warning on thier website to forewarn you of any possible delays.
From what I hear they start your warranty from the date they say its been full shipped..for me that was 2 days after I ordered it...so if I don't actually receive my goods for 3 months that's 3 months less warranty I have...its a con.and I'm not impressed

Considering they are partnered now with polyphony and GT it's an utter disgrace that this company takes your money and can't be bothered to put up a warning on thier website to forewarn you of any possible delays.
From what I hear they start your warranty from the date they say its been full shipped..for me that was 2 days after I ordered it...so if I don't actually receive my goods for 3 months that's 3 months less warranty I have...its a con.and I'm not impressed
They will honour your warranty from delivery date - stated on their official announcements on their forums.

it's an utter disgrace that this company takes your money and can't be bothered to put up a warning on thier website to forewarn you of any possible delays.
You mean like this?

1699882170605.png

Nice to be vague I guess.
Like when I received the email from them saying on a Friday that on the Monday I would receive the tracking number...yet a full week later and still no tracking
number... so yeah still not impressed
No, you were being incorrect, not vague. You stated that there wasn't a warning on their website to inform that delays were possible. I showed that there is such a warning.

I could swear that the second warning is always displayed... At least I saw it when the gt dd pro came out and I ordered it :D
Yeah, it's been there a while (since COVID IIRC.)

Does anyone have any rough estimates how long orders from Fanatec in Europe are taking to get through right now? Just looking to get an idea of what to expect given the problems they're facing.

I ordered some pedals last Monday as my CSL Elite V1s have developed some persistent spiking/sticking problems that cleaning the potentiometers doesn't seem to be solving anymore, so I figured I'd make the move to Hall sensor pedals and hopefully leave the problem behind permanently.

I saw the warnings about shipping delays when I placed my order so I was expecting to wait a while, but it's now gone past the estimate with no sign of a tracking number yet.

Does anyone have any rough estimates how long orders from Fanatec in Europe are taking to get through right now? Just looking to get an idea of what to expect given the problems they're facing.

I ordered some pedals last Monday as my CSL Elite V1s have developed some persistent spiking/sticking problems that cleaning the potentiometers doesn't seem to be solving anymore, so I figured I'd make the move to Hall sensor pedals and hopefully leave the problem behind permanently.

I saw the warnings about shipping delays when I placed my order so I was expecting to wait a while, but it's now gone past the estimate with no sign of a tracking number yet.
Order from the 26th Oct came yesterday, so about 20 days for me. I also have an order from the 10th Nov that doesn't have a tracking number yet.

My QR2 order took just over a month. When it did arrive it was totally random - I never got any delivery notification or was ever issued a tracking number. The package just arrived one day.

My QR2 order took just over a month. When it did arrive it was totally random - I never got any delivery notification or was ever issued a tracking number. The package just arrived one day.
Your order just turned up without any advance warning? 😬 That's good to know.

I do a mixture of working from home and the office each week so hopefully I'll be at home if my order just turns up, but that's worrying.

UPS contacted me to handle UK import fees prior to delivery last time I ordered from Fanatec earlier in the year, so hopefully that would serve as an advance warning at least. If not, I can imagine things getting a bit awkward!

In case it's helpful for anyone, Fanatec may be starting to slowly get back on top of things.

With others saying 3-4 weeks above, my order from the 6th picked up a tracking number last night, so about 9 days to hand over to the courier.

It's possible that I've just been fortunate, but just wanted to share in case others have ordered things recently.

Hi,

@Zorz...

I wish I could say the same! Order placed on the 25th of November. A few day later my shipping notification went to "Completely shipped". I have a tracking number now and have had all week. My order appears to be still in the warehouse!

Getting a little concerned now!!!

Regards.

Ian.

Hi,

@Zorz...

I wish I could say the same! Order placed on the 25th of November. A few day later my shipping notification went to "Completely shipped". I have a tracking number now and have had all week. My order appears to be still in the warehouse!

Getting a little concerned now!!!

Regards.

Ian.
Mine is the same, they've had a lot of issues with missing customs paperwork recently so I'm hoping the delay is to ensure everything is correct before dispatch. I wouldn't panic just yet.

Mine is the same, they've had a lot of issues with missing customs paperwork recently so I'm hoping the delay is to ensure everything is correct before dispatch. I wouldn't panic just yet.
Cheers. Not panicking here - Just desperate to get on some new pedals! :) :) :)

Cheers. Not panicking here - Just desperate to get on some new pedals! :) :) :)
Hah, I know that feeling. :lol: If it helps, it ended up being 16 days for me in total as my pedals turned up on the 22nd after I ordered them on the 6th.

Hopefully the Black Friday sales haven't pushed that up again. I can't imagine the system will handle that kind of extra volume well if it was already shaky.

I ordered multiple items over the Black Friday week. Some are in transit but I don’t think I’ll be able to receive them. They selected Direct Signature Required so now I can’t have FedEx Hold at Location for pick up. I’m not sure what to do now.

Edit: So after the first delivery attempt yesterday I was able to have it held for pick up at a FedEx store. 😀

Last edited:
@Zorz part II...

I am also about to order a Club Sport DD+ and a wheel and a QR2. That fills me with fear and dread I can tell you! :-)

Best regards.

Ian.

I ordered multiple items over the Black Friday week. Some are in transit but I don’t think I’ll be able to receive them. They selected Direct Signature Required so now I can’t have FedEx Hold at Location for pick up. I’m not sure what to do now.
Hi,

I am afraid I don't know what that may mean there - In the U.S.

Here in the U.K. It means you have to drive to a depot and sign for your goods there. I wish you the best of luck though. These things are not cheap and they mean a great deal to us!

Regards to you.

Ian.

I placed a large order with Fanatec weeks before Black Friday and dealt with similar. Packages showed as shipped for days with no tracking number when in reality they had not actually shipped from their third party company. Fedex delivered the packages to the wrong house in my subdivision (almost 500 homes) and, since I could not locate the packages I had no choice but to place the credit card charge in dispute. Four days later a neighbor lets me know they have the packages which for the life of me I cannot understand why they accepted them except that they dont speak good English. So I release the dispute since the packages haven't been opened and are all there. I sent messages to Fanatec the whole time with no responses. My credit card company had reached out with no responses. I guess they were just blissfully ignorant of any problems during the entire time. In the future I am not sure I will continue to order their products as I need to work with companies that have some decent level of customer service.

Gisgruntled of Lancashire...

My package has been showing as shipped for weeks. Then I get an email telling me that my package will be delivered on Friday the 22nd of December. Then I check with Fanatec and my package is still in Germany on Friday morning. Then I get an email telling me that my package will be delivered tomorrow (28th December). I arrange for someone to be at the shipping address (work).
Now I have an email telling me that my package is being delivered today. Around 2 hours ago!!! Checking my tracking number, I can see that my package is now re-scheduled for delivery next week - After the holidays!!! Because work was closed due to the holidays

I managed to contact a human being at UPS - After pressing numerous keys on my telephone and listening to several, pointless, options. I have given the very helpful lady all the necessary details to prove its my package. The very very helpful lady has re-arranged my package to delivered to my home address tomorrow. Having gone through all of this and repeated myself several times because she doesn't fully understand her own script / policy / computer screen - I am then told that my request to change the delivery address will take two business days to action it!!!

What a ^%$£@ shambles!

Regards.

Disgruntled of Lancashire.

I placed an order for some Christmas presents for my nephew from Fanatec USA on November 23rd. Everything was in stock. Two days later the order changed to the “completely shipped” status but nothing had really shipped. Then they changed all their orders to show “handover to warehouse” which meant nothing so since nothing had shipped I contacted them around December 8 and wanted to check status of the order. A few days later I got a cut and paste reply explaining how busy they were from Black Friday and they would get orders shipped as soon as possible. Still nothing shipped. Contacted them again on December 19, explained these were Christmas presents and wanted to know what was going on. I also checked the site and everything I ordered was still in stock. A few days later I received another cut and paste email saying again how busy they were and someone would reach out to me regarding the order. Never heard from them again. I have sent three requests to cancel and refund the order but all have gone unanswered. Today the order is 5 weeks old and I have no idea what is going on so I initiated a claim with PayPal for a chargeback.

This will be the last time I ever order anything from Fanatec.

If I were you, I'd reach out to Fanatec's customer support. They should be able to give you more information about your order. They might have encountered unexpected delays or simply forgot to update you on the progress. If you ever need help with commercial movers for long-distance moves, you can check out https://threemovers.com/long-distance-movers/. I've heard a lot of goo about them.

Last edited:
Back