1000039354.jpg
1000039356.jpg
1000039357.jpg
1000039358.jpg
1000039359.jpg
1000039360.jpg
1000039361.jpg
1000039362.jpg

Assuming all the models in this image are cars coming to the game, it looks like we're getting the Tyrrell P34, as well as what I think is the Ferrari F1-2000, 642, 156 Sharknose, Honda RA272 and the Eagle T1G. Everything else there aside the Giulia ofc (If I'm not mistaken) is a returning car from the first game (Lotus 25, 49, Ferrari 312T, etc.)
Screenshot_20241001-110905_YouTube.jpg

Hard to tell for sure but it looks like the trees are 3d now, rather than planar Y-trees.
1:29 in the video seems to suggest this.
Hopefully they're much better than the CSP ones, in looks and performance.
Even the trees as far as realistic action, go to a circuit in ACC lined with trees and watch the branches in a breeze and it looks plenty real.
I think graphically overall we have been treated to some acceptable games for a while now.

The biggest issues is the draw distance of the game at racing speeds when combined with trying to keep the pc able to smoothly stay at higher frame rates.

I feel now they more have to decide where to distribute the computer processing power to quit doing eye candy and instead start to focus more on the physics and operating side of the game.

I would rather now see the teams working on a better AI, better physics and driving/grip characteristics of the cars, better FF along with a better implementation of VR that does not even struggle and does not need the graphic settings cut back a bit to maintain a good playable FPS when using even the top PC hardware one can even buy.

When I am racing I pay less attention to the detail of off-track scenery than I do to the on-track stuff.

I know a lot of people want a "career" mode but I would be pleased for a well implemented "racing season" mode for different classes that may even shuffle the circuits a bit.

Just like the AI it would be nice to be able to set the AI with a slidable bar to run a changeable percentage above the players actual on track pace or lap times for the fastest and percentage below for the slowest with the middle cars falling within that range so EVERY racer could get the competitive level racing they deserved or wanted.

Another thing is when I used to play Gran Turismo one thing I loved was the paint/decal shop implemented into that game and would love to see something similar within the new AC Evo.

I know many focus on the online racing aspects but honestly I think as far as the racing community goes there are more players who would rather the focus be on the single player racing experience as that is what they prefer.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you buy another AC on console?

AC and ACC are still two of my most played sims on PS5
I'm not the person you asked the question of, but to give my experience:

Ever since MS announced that all their Xbox console games would also be released on PC, I've been pretty much PC only. I bought a PS4 to play Gran Turismo Sport, and have played GT7 on it, too, but I'm not getting a PS5 just to play GT7.

Once you've experienced current PC gaming and just how much more capable they are than consoles, you'll never go back. Even though FM is one of the worst performing PC games ever, it's still light years better than playing GT7 on a PS4. Consoles just have gigantic input lag and horrible frame rates compared to PC. 120fps is still regarded as something special on consoles when on PC it's a frame rate you put up with if you really have to because the game performs horribly. In games where frame rate and input lag matter more, such as Rocket League, people find their rank increases significantly if they move from console to PC. I'm around top 2% standard in Rocket League playing on PC, and I've tried running it on PS4 just to see what it's like, and I can barely hit the ball, it's just such an absolutely horrible experience.

I was a console gamer for a very long time. I've had PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Nintendo Game Boy and DS, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox One X. They used to offer a rock solid fixed platform where games ran perfectly. Before consoles, you had a similar experience with e.g. the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 and Amiga, as while they were sold as general purpose computers, games were written for those specific computers and while the game might have been a port, the product you were buying had been written for that specific hardware. Those days are long gone, due to the cross generation support and multiple hardware configs within the same platform. Console players are increasingly being given quality and performance trade off options, and games are running at variable lower than display resolutions, and often not even hitting the very low monitor refresh rate, hidden to some extent by variable refresh rates. You might as well just play on PC now. The hardware cost is higher, but you'll save the cost of playstation plus, making the cost closer than it might first appear.

Another thing is that if you buy games on PC, you'll probably still be able to play them to some extent for a very long time, without having to rely on a console maker providing backwards compatibility support. If I bought a PS5, my copy of GT7 would only be a PS4 copy, I'd have to buy an upgrade to the PS5 version. If you buy on PC, you just have a PC copy and don't need to buy a new version when you buy better hardware in the future. I'm looking forward to being able to play FH4 at 4k 360fps some day.

When I am racing I pay less attention to the detail of off-track scenery than I do to the on-track stuff.
See, they said they focused on how the graphics look when moving for the latest FM, and all that happened is that people take still images in photo mode where they look at individual bits with a microscope and complain that the game looks like it's from two console generations back.

Last edited:
I would rather now see the teams working on a better...
We all have our priorities, what does not matter to flat screen user might be crucial to a VR user as an example.
When I am racing I pay less attention to the detail of off-track scenery
Good for you, and I hope AC Evo will be all that you desire, but in case it is not, which is what I hope, since we seem to have very different priorities, you or I, might have to play something else, that is closer to what our heart desire.
Lucky for us, plenty of fish in the sea, no shortage of choices, on PC at least.
In Jan 2025, we will have our answer and either save some money or spend it on a new piece of software to fuel our SIM passion. :cheers:

In Jan 2025, we will have our answer and either save some money or spend it on a new piece of software to fuel our SIM passion. :cheers:
In January 2025 we will get a glimpse of certain aspects of the game but nowhere near what the finished product may or may not be including what may actually be included.

Depending on just how far along Kunos is on EVO and what they consider to be adequate to garner moving to a full release status I expect at the soonest PC full launch to be very late 2025 or more than likely early 2026.

I'm not the person you asked the question of, but to give my experience:

Ever since MS announced that all their Xbox console games would also be released on PC, I've been pretty much PC only. I bought a PS4 to play Gran Turismo Sport, and have played GT7 on it, too, but I'm not getting a PS5 just to play GT7.

Once you've experienced current PC gaming and just how much more capable they are than consoles, you'll never go back. Even though FM is one of the worst performing PC games ever, it's still light years better than playing GT7 on a PS4. Consoles just have gigantic input lag and horrible frame rates compared to PC. 120fps is still regarded as something special on consoles when on PC it's a frame rate you put up with if you really have to because the game performs horribly. In games where frame rate and input lag matter more, such as Rocket League, people find their rank increases significantly if they move from console to PC. I'm around top 2% standard in Rocket League playing on PC, and I've tried running it on PS4 just to see what it's like, and I can barely hit the ball, it's just such an absolutely horrible experience.

I was a console gamer for a very long time. I've had PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Nintendo Game Boy and DS, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox One X. They used to offer a rock solid fixed platform where games ran perfectly. Before consoles, you had a similar experience with e.g. the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 and Amiga, as while they were sold as general purpose computers, games were written for those specific computers and while the game might have been a port, the product you were buying had been written for that specific hardware. Those days are long gone, due to the cross generation support and multiple hardware configs within the same platform. Console players are increasingly being given quality and performance trade off options, and games are running at variable lower than display resolutions, and often not even hitting the very low monitor refresh rate, hidden to some extent by variable refresh rates. You might as well just play on PC now. The hardware cost is higher, but you'll save the cost of playstation plus, making the cost closer than it might first appear.

Another thing is that if you buy games on PC, you'll probably still be able to play them to some extent for a very long time, without having to rely on a console maker providing backwards compatibility support. If I bought a PS5, my copy of GT7 would only be a PS4 copy, I'd have to buy an upgrade to the PS5 version. If you buy on PC, you just have a PC copy and don't need to buy a new version when you buy better hardware in the future. I'm looking forward to being able to play FH4 at 4k 360fps some day.

See, they said they focused on how the graphics look when moving for the latest FM, and all that happened is that people take still images in photo mode where they look at individual bits with a microscope and complain that the game looks like it's from two console generations back.
All.good points. I don't buy games on PC so it's easy for me. In fact, I've deliberately avoided buying a gaming PC to avoid going down the missing rabbit hole.

I think AC EVO might change that though... 🙈

Pc would be the way to go for ac evo in my opinion, the first ac was a mess on consoles, and i would not go to pc just for perfomence and graphics act, i would still play on 60 Hz screen, but the game will proably only get mod support on pc, and sometime like the first ac youngot more features on pc, one e.x was drag strips witch was not avaialble on the comsole version,

I am intrested to see how vr will work, i will be playing with my psvr2 headset on pc with that adapter, i doubt vr will be avaialble on consoles,

Big question is will this be more playable on a controller than ac1.

The traffic and free roam maps got me quite excited in the trailer maybe the will have other suprices in the coming momths,

I am not counting on more cars than in 150-200 region for the base game.

Back