Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,846 comments
I'm working on a graphic overhaul of the Jerez 2017 track found on RD. Thanks to @Fall Guy for helping me get sorted.

The track sits on a google satellite image that's filled with low-rez splotchy images of trees seen from overhead. It's an incredibly tedious and time consuming task of trial and error, but I'm repainting the entire track one corner at a time. There's a long list of other things to improve as well including all of the sand traps, grass edges, crowds, trees...

View attachment 914385

Question
The trees are in a png image instead of a dds. Is this why the trees dont seem to take on the shadows of other objects. They are always just kind of lit, if that makes sense. Is there any way around this? Thanks

You are working on a new skin? i understand skins carry dds images to replace the active textures by these new ones... maybe adding also new textures (dds ones) for trees can solve this issue?

This car is a blast, but when I watch the replay or go to do screenshots the rims aren't there. Watching the replay back they do pop in from time to time, but mostly not there. Maybe something I have set wrong on my end?

BZgRXW4.jpg

This car is a blast, but when I watch the replay or go to do screenshots the rims aren't there. Watching the replay back they do pop in from time to time, but mostly not there. Maybe something I have set wrong on my end?

You are not alone. I've just tested the car right now and found out that if the car is over 60 km/h, the rims become invisible in normal gameplay and replay.

invisible_rims.png

Last edited:
Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP

Well done man!

Waiting on someone to acquire F1 2005 season from the dream team that shall not be named.... eerhmm.

Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP

Thank you for compelling me to upgrade my MEGA account to Pro Lite. I will assure those 5 euros i've spent will be worth the money.

Damn this thread moved 30 pages in a week :crazy: RIP my weekend free time :lol: It took us 6 years to reach 1000 pages, but at this rate the next thousand will whiz by in just over 31 weeks :eek:

Also, @K E N N E T H I tried your Bugatti EB110. Comparing to the ACRework version, I think your model looks slightly better, but the driving physics is weird IMO. For starters, why is a road car riding on racing slicks? Also the behaviour when losing grip (especially oversteer) is just so sudden and non progressive. I know you like to have your modding group exclusive, but might be worth getting someone else to do the physics for your cars (preferably someone old enough who actually has a driving licence) because this is a trend I noticed with a lot of DK mods. I think you have a lot of potential, just needs a bit of polish here and there. Cheers :cheers:

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP
what it needs now (aside from accurate sounds) is accurate driver helmets & suits (especially 1984)

However, the gear ratios for the 8-speed PDK transmission are WAAAAY to long. This is geared like an older generation 6-speed--like they noticed the two additional gears after the fact and threw some additional ratios in that the engine and car could never use unless going down a steep 5-mile downhill with a strong tailwind. On the Nordschleife, on the last straight, you just get into 6th, when you should get to 7th, and maybe just start 8th (which is a "highway" gear).

There's a legitimate reason manufacturers are adding gears to performance transmissions, as it improves handling and control, and actually reduces strain on the drivetrain (but does add a few more parts that could fail).

BTW, there is now a 7-speed gated manual for this car, which was a surprise, but the semi automatic/paddle shift transmissions are now becoming the better choice. I love gated manuals, that's what I drive every day, but these new 7 and 8-speed dual clutch transmissions are causing me to rethink my preference on the track.

Are you any good at tweaking gear ratios too (see above)?

Hi, first post here, but I've been following the thread for a while.
I've looked at the gear ratios in the drivetrain file after unpacking the data, and the ratios seem correct according to a post on Rennlist. The guy says the ratios come from Porsche documentation. But the gears do feel too long..

ygvWJpK

Very nice Mercedes AMG E63 Brabus 800 by Guillaume Rousseau (from FB).
Default cockpit cam needs moving back to the cockpit with the 'driver position' side app.
Remember, this is a big, heavy, powerful car..!

94179160_1864781236985492_1437960672812990464_o.jpg

94594756_1864781216985494_6299196673528692736_o.jpg

Is there a normal E63S AMG version of this?
This is an actually good model, since it's a Forza model, unlike that other one.

The first 992 to be released for AC, by MLSXLD.
992 Carrera S
https://sharemods.com/jvv3elfb9bxg/Porsche_992_carreras___40_1.0__41__by_MLSXLD.rar

View attachment 914535 View attachment 914536

Edit: and it's bloody good too. Trying to work out why the number plate won't display properly though. Any ideas? The DDS and NM are in the skin folders.

This crashes when I try to drive it. Works in the 3D showroom.

EDIT: Nevermind he was using the collider.kn5 from the Porsche DLC which I don't have.

Last edited:
Just wondering if someone could post a screenshot of their complete TCL lineup? I feel that I've fallen way behind. I know I could search this thread, but searching "TCL" brings up tons of results. It would be easier to filter those results if I knew exactly what to search for ;) Thanks in advance!

Hi, first post here, but I've been following the thread for a while.
I've looked at the gear ratios in the drivetrain file after unpacking the data, and the ratios seem correct according to a post on Rennlist. The guy says the ratios come from Porsche documentation. But the gears do feel too long..

ygvWJpK

The data sources I use also confirm these ratios. I think this is just your typical emissions/mpg cheating setup from Porsche, designed to have a couple of overdrive gears that sit barely above tick over at all normal speeds to give the best readings. Porsche in general are also notorious for their long gear ratios, just ask anyone that's driven a Cayman on public roads.

Thank you for mega link with too many year of F1, i love it!!!

The next are another years that i have, i dont promiss if i will can remember the link...
F1 1937
F1 1938

F1 1950-54 (Mixed years -->50-51-54) (Perhaps 54 put out here and make new brand with 54-55-56)
F1 1955-60 (Mixed years -->55-56-58-59-60) (Perhaps divided in two)

F1 1962
F1 1967
F1 1994
F1 1998
F1 2000
F1 2004
F1 2009
F1 2013
F1 2014
F1 2015
F1 2016
F1 2017
F1 2018
F1 2019

I have another years compound with one only model and twenty skins for each year--> 1963-1979-1991-2002-2007

BZgRXW4.jpg
Hey that's new. I'm sure in the previous version it was ok. Now indeed the wheelcovers disappear when you start driving? I tried to disable several wheel related features in CSP but the result remains the same.

Go to the skins folder and open the number plate in whatever paint software you use...rename it to white.png and it'll magically appear.
Just discovered that renaming (without the need of opening in paint software) Plate_D.dds into white.png does the trick too. ;)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back