Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,805 comments
does anyone know how to fix it?thanks
Screenshot_brabham_bt62_okayama_13-5-120-16-20-10.png

Downloaded that 996 GT3 on the other page. Good mod but I feel like the tyres have too much grip. Which file would I edit to decrease tyre grip?
You are not driving hard enough?

Of course that people have different ways to drive, in my case it drives very well. If I push it over the edge, lost the perfect control.
There are mods that are ridiculous, concerning how easy the cars lost grip at controlable situations.
Anyway, what is good or perfect for me, could not be for other people and vice-versa.

So it's a SOL151/CSP155 bug? It only happens at sunset time, around 19:30 h with any track, any car, any ppfilter.
This has to be something on your end. I would uninstall SOL and reinstall. Not just overwrite it but delete the folders and then put them back in. Especially if you tried out that 1.6 beta that had a little bit of a different folder structure.
If you can't reset SOL and get it back to square one, then that should be your issue I would guess.

I am having trouble with this car, it is showing up in game but when I go to load up a track it kicks me back to the main menu. Does this car a specific version of the CSP to work or CM?
It should work fine. Latest version of CSP works. This is an issue somewhere else.

The lack of R390 GT1-98 in AC is... Rather disappointing. PC2 has it but I don't know if you can convert cars from that game (a thing I can't do anyway) so I tried to make my own version with Legions (and that well known Russian scammer) model, basically virtually welding the back end of the R390 Road car to the R390 GT1.

Gentlemen, behold... The worst attempt at modding you'll see today (and this month, year, decade) :

TVHOIr8.png

(looks alright so far)
(looks like proper ***** now - like summit you could find in an abandoned garage, a project car gone wrong).

The list of (graphical and technical) issues is longer than the lockdown so I'll just leave it to more talented and patient modders.

Shouldnae have bought 3DsimED3.
If you need some help taking away the wing and tow hooks, I could help. Your dismay for the entity you've created is hilarious though.
(Edit: If you can wait a little bit, I can share an RTM road version I've done a bit of work to to make it usable.)

Last edited:
@Beezer215 I found some godrays at last - set my time to 7.30pm went to Deutschlandring and there they were trying to poke their way through the trees...not quite as mad as before but I now have a starting point to work with. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :cheers:

Which track is this? Some track mods do have a plain black map.png and I think the fix is to update map in CM. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: Also there is a map.ini in the data folder which determines the size.

Hi Sylana,

The track is Vallée du Parc.
What is odd is that in 500 tracks, it is the first time this happens, I believe this black square is there, because the modder wanted it.
Which doest allow us to edit the layout of the track, in the driving screen. tried to update the map outline in CM, but all I get is a white square,
or if I cjose the AI map, the layout is so big, that even shortening to smallest in the options window, it doesnt fit inside the image.

I do like this track, just dont know how to remove that square and in which file I have to tweak.

Cheers

You are not driving hard enough?

Of course that people have different ways to drive, in my case it drives very well. If I push it over the edge, lost the perfect control.
There are mods that are ridiculous, concerning how easy the cars lost grip at controlable situations.
Anyway, what is good or perfect for me, could not be for other people and vice-versa.

Also change the track grip level, there is an 'old' track setting which will give you a feel of iRacing ;).....

For me personally (having not tried that actual mod yet), i doubt very much a road Porsche on a dry track with half decent tyres, wouldn't grip well...

But some are so used to the fake slippy slide of sims that it is the 'normal'....

Thanks for this. Seems like the driver has been shrunk overall to fit the pedal position which is a little weird in VR - it's like being inside a small boy's body like some dark web Jimmy Savile simulator.
The driver's hands don't stay on the steering wheel either - when you turn to the left, his right hand lifts off the wheel at around 12 o'clock.
There are quite a few good F1 mods out there now and all of them do some things better than others. I think @Showmebest66 's version is overall the best for VR as it has the most detailed cockpit and switchgear, but the driver is really cramped in that one and has his legs splayed either side of the steering wheel like an adult sitting on a child's chair, which looks really odd. RTM's driver position looks the most natural from a scale and position perspective but his feet clip through the pedals, which is why I guess you shrunk your driver. I don't know, maybe moving the pedals back six inches or so might have been a better solution than shrinking him?
-
Was away from :gtplanet:for some time/period and missed a lot. May be missed, may be not). Time to check around..
Thank you man, It's more, than possible to expect!
Be heatlhy, keep good..👍

Also change the track grip level, there is an 'old' track setting which will give you a feel of iRacing ;).....

For me personally (having not tried that actual mod yet), i doubt very much a road Porsche on a dry track with half decent tyres, wouldn't grip well...

But some are so used to the fake slippy slide of sims that it is the 'normal'....

You are 100% right. Drive a car on track IRL and you'll be surprised how grippy it is (to a certain point), unless you are on ****** cheap worn tires and driving a damp track.

@Paulo Ribeiro
Go to the normal folder and delete the current map.png and then place my map.png there.
It's not quite perfect but for now it's better than a black square.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 31
@Masscot Hold on but what is this "fun" thing you are talking about??? I thought we were driving a sim and aren't allowed to have fun :D
Also why haven't you spammed the Vallee De Parc thread with your balloons??? Actually, they are well needed for that track as it might take my eyes away from those awful trees.

Porsche 911 966.2 GT3 (2004)

v0.91

- slightly reduced wheel and tyre sizes
- polished wheels a little
- re-mapped and re-textured brake discs
- removed racing slick tyres
- added street and semi-slick tyres, semi slick set as default
- corrected brake caliper shader
- corrected broken wheel blur on rear wheel
- wipers now work on lod_b
- improved LOD's again
- 4 new skins Gulf skins added by racealot

https://mega.nz/file/JIxSRahS#27uKGsGk-O07L_D9Yn_GMPI-J8R1BHu9m1b3whYa1Vc

:cheers:

Hi!)
Do you at CSP or Sol Discord channel?
Wanna to speak about 996.2 GT3 a bit with you. How about?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back