Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,504 comments
Here's the reworked Audi V8 DTM if someone would like to test it and report.
View attachment 926489
Reworked:
Steering response/ratio
Gear ratios adjusted closer with adjustable final
Differential adjusted for better rotation while keeping stability
Minor suspension adjustments for better rotation
Tyre pressures adjusted
AI reworked
RPM Limiter adjust to real spec
Car is BoP'd to the Kunos 90's Touring cars. Power is now around original spec and weight is around original spec although I slightly adjusted to BoP.

Let me know if it's too fast. The original was fairly dominant. Skins are large so it's a big file. Got rid of unneeded textures in texture folder. I like the feel of this car. Not surprisingly it feels a bit like the Skyline R32 Group A I redid.

**This will not overwrite the original car so you can try them side by side

Thank you, gonna download right now :dopey:

Hi,

Anyone knows if I can fix this in CM Showroom? (Both doors missing).

o4k0.png

Cheers
Excuse me Paulo, could you tell me what is the track please? thanks in advance ;)

Nice! I'll let you know how that track is from the pack I bought @JOCA

[EDIT] @JOCA, I just had a fun run on the Gambarie track. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the track, but wow, it is definitely well done. Great visuals and great little details. Maybe you can contact him and ask if you can just purchase the one track, since it's your local hillclimb. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

it reflects reality enough, I know well who made it, many years ago I had started to create it

That Audi V8 DTM is an absolute delight to drive. Well done.
Time for my weekly daft question : is it possible to turn down / disable the Sol rain sound ? Bit too loud and distracting... Especially when there's no rain visible ahah.

Ok ok... im not the best skinner by a long shot, there are many very talented people out there doing some great stuff, but this is way below standard. Ive tried to contact the author to offer help with authentic Australian skins with no reply so far.. but this is a joke. Beta or not.
trtte.jpg

yyyye.jpg

uuuuture.jpg

Really had high hopes for this mod, but stuff like this leaves me gutted.
I´m sorry but that mod is just utter garbage. The model itself is so full of holes that theres is no way a painting would go right...
garbage.jpg

Thank you, it's a mega job you did there, thecar really seem to be a kunos vanilla car.

Just 2-3 things, on the first skins, the driver name on the rear glass is rorhl, even if it's Biela, or Stuck,It's not a big deal by the way.
Second maybe you should consider adding a description text, maybe copy and paste wikipedia, it's a detail but to be more vanilla content.

It's secondary, the job you achieved is mega!

The first 3 or 4 skins that have no year in the skin name can be deleted. These are skins from the very first attempts.

Here's the reworked Audi V8 DTM if someone would like to test it and report.
View attachment 926489
Reworked:
Steering response/ratio
Gear ratios adjusted closer with adjustable final
Differential adjusted for better rotation while keeping stability
Minor suspension adjustments for better rotation
Tyre pressures adjusted
AI reworked
RPM Limiter adjust to real spec
Car is BoP'd to the Kunos 90's Touring cars. Power is now around original spec and weight is around original spec although I slightly adjusted to BoP.

Let me know if it's too fast. The original was fairly dominant. Skins are large so it's a big file. Got rid of unneeded textures in texture folder. I like the feel of this car. Not surprisingly it feels a bit like the Skyline R32 Group A I redid.

**This will not overwrite the original car so you can try them side by side

Thanks for your effort. 👍 :cheers:

Ok ok... im not the best skinner by a long shot, there are many very talented people out there doing some great stuff, but this is way below standard. Ive tried to contact the author to offer help with authentic Australian skins with no reply so far.. but this is a joke. Beta or not.
trtte.jpg

yyyye.jpg

uuuuture.jpg

Really had high hopes for this mod, but stuff like this leaves me gutted.

Is this the ATCC mod (sorry not been awake long and haven't had my 1st cup of tea yet) I'll take a quick look at it. Can't promise when it'll be sorted but as with everything it'll get added to the list of things to finish

Another EDIT: I see the model has really bad mapping according to @Nuno Borges so it probably won't be easy - I'll still check it out though.

That Audi V8 DTM is an absolute delight to drive. Well done.
Time for my weekly daft question : is it possible to turn down / disable the Sol rain sound ? Bit too loud and distracting... Especially when there's no rain visible ahah.

Out of my memory: go into extension\sfx folder and open the guids.txt file (only possibly for CSP versions < 0.1.57) and then search for the lines which have "rain" included. There you can delete each line which is not up to your liking and the sound is gone.

Finalized a 1969 F1 mod, based on the Lotus 49C model (by Legion), plus a Matra MS80, I don't know where I downloaded it, I used the skins of a friend who made it available at RaceDepartment. What I did: I downloaded the friend's skins, but created a folder for each team in question, and changed the files "ui.car" by Ferrari and BRM. Ferrari (+ power, - torque), BRM (- power, + torque), according to reliable F1 sites. In addition, I put a "real team logo" in place of Lotus. You can see the prints, one from each team. The skins available are from all the main drivers of the season.I also added some (driver_suit), by Legion. The next step, and try to do the 1968, also with cars by Legion. Whoever wished them could create some other variations of the Lotus 49B, such as that of Monaco. Honda I will make from Ferrari available, the others I will see what I can do. A few more days I finish the 50-60 days, for everyone's enjoyment. Up until.
Do you have some news to share of your WIP, i'm so impatient! ^^

Out of my memory: go into extension\sfx folder and open the guids.txt file (only possibly for CSP versions < 0.1.57) and then search for the lines which have "rain" included. There you can delete each line which is not up to your liking and the sound is gone.

Cheers mate works like a charm.

Guys, @ales100i and other folks good at creating mixed mod grids; I love taking different mods that have classes that can go together in a grid. One thing that has always escaped me is how to get their starting fuel and usage to be the same or similar. I know there is the fuel section of the car.ini and also the setup.ini. But for whatever reason, no matter what I put in there, some cars are still starting with 120 when I'm trying to set them to 30, for instance. Can anyone point me in the right direction if what I'm trying is possible?

Many thanks to you and @SLD1893 for a great job bringing this to us. Just a wonderful addition!

Thank you, but the biggest thanks go to @ NeilB1971 who created a racing car from the series car.
I only created the skins.
The new data from @ Beezer215 makes the MOD good. Thanks for that

If I have time I will create a reduced 2k skin quality for the Audi V8 DTM.

Last edited:
Guys, @ales100i and other folks good at creating mixed mod grids; I love taking different mods that have classes that can go together in a grid. One thing that has always escaped me is how to get their starting fuel and usage to be the same or similar. I know there is the fuel section of the car.ini and also the setup.ini. But for whatever reason, no matter what I put in there, some cars are still starting with 120 when I'm trying to set them to 30, for instance. Can anyone point me in the right direction if what I'm trying is possible?
Did you try creating the default_ai setup for each car? This is a setup that the ai will use. Then you can mix-match the different cars levels of fuel and tyres used to be more even. Only problem I can see is that if you want to run the car in it's original group, you'll have to go in and rename the default_ai so that it doesn't pick it up again.

Thank you, but the biggest thanks go to @ NeilB1971 who created a racing car from the series car.
I only created the skins.
The new data from @ Beezer215 makes the MOD good. Thanks for that

If I have time I will create a reduced 2k skin quality for the Audi V8 DTM.
Skins are very important, don't sell yourself short. I haven't made a single skin for a car yet so I appreciate that work and time just as much as making a 3D model or making a car drive well.

We're going to improve the car with the help of @ales100i and the community and get it as perfect as we can. I just did a quick fix last night so that it can run better BoP'd to the group as well as some minor changes for loosening the car up and feel. More data will be added to get real life attributes into it.

Something a bit different from me for the GT4 Toyota GT86 from @Beezer215 & @MisterWaffles (and @GzeroD for the original mod) Which you can find here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-965#post-13059602 if you haven't already got it.
I did these a few weeks back and finally got round to putting proper GT4 number boards on so I thought I'd drop em here if anyone wants to add a bit of colour (and maybe wobbly vision) to their GT4 races.
Grab em here https://mega.nz/file/WbR2iaDa#pDL-RP21VtuAj3iHbsi1lhe8rSPMhUl61JMecgfB7uk

View attachment 926294
@MrB00, any reason why your images always seem to be taken really far away, and at night..?
Are you hiding in the bushes when you photograph them?
;)

Yes this is achiveable in two ways, with two hacks, but both are dirty hacks and not optimal solutions, but they work to an extent.

1. The amount of fuel you specify in the tank in a setup or data folder are only for you, the human driver. The AI don't use this value, as they calculate the consumption according to available data and put in as much fuel as they need to drive as many laps as they need or want to drive. Now when you boot into the race screen, the actual driving data is not available to the AI, so he takes the estimated fuel consumption from the fuel_cons.ini file, which looks something like this:

[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=0.604527

this file is not always present and if it is not, the AI takes the generic value of i believe 3.0 km per liter. This is his base. But after running i think 3 laps (might be even sooner), he recalculates the fuel consumption based on actual driving experience. And then he uses this new obtained data until the end of the race, or/and for this session and all that follow in the race weekend. So, if you run a quick race, then you can alter the fuel_cons.ini to trick the AI into lower consumption by increasing the value (to 1.2 in our example). Now the AI will think he needs half of the fuel he actually needs and will put only half the fuel in. Now when AI "realises" te mistake, it will pit and add fuel for the rest of the race. This can be after one lap, or 3, or 5, i don't know how he decides this. I didn't figure it out yet. But this is dirty fix 1. If the file does not exist, you can always create it.

Don't have to tell why this fix is dirty and inapropriate. If you run qualy and/or practice, he will go out the first time with to little fuel for what he wanted to do (instead of fuel for 3 laps, he will put in fuel for only 1,5 lap). But after he does this run, he will know how much he needs and will put correct amounth for the rest of the session and the race. This as said is only useful for quick races.

Knowing about this file is very important for another reason. Very often, when people create mods, they adjust the fuel consuption, but don't edit this file to correct data, or don't create the file at all. And then we have cars going to pits for no apparent reason. The Audi 90 from Dan Bucsa has this problem for example, as most of you have probably already experienced it when running out of fuel after 3 laps.

2. this one is even less technical and even more dirty, but i haven't found a solution that works better. I ended not using it at all, as it is too much of a hastle for me. You can change the size of the tank for fuel. You lower it so it only holds the amount for a wanted number of laps. Yes i know it's not really a nice solution, but it works. If someone knows of a better one, please let me know. To change the size of the tank, you edit the max fuel in car.ini:

[FUEL]
CONSUMPTION=0.0044
FUEL=60
MAX_FUEL=120

Or leave the tank as is, but increase the consuption multiplier in CM, so that a full tank won't last you and AI the full race.

I know dirty hacks, but AC AI is too smart for anything else. I ended up just giving up on piting altogether.

Did you try creating the default_ai setup for each car? This is a setup that the ai will use. Then you can mix-match the different cars levels of fuel and tyres used to be more even. Only problem I can see is that if you want to run the car in it's original group, you'll have to go in and rename the default_ai so that it doesn't pick it up again.
Thanks Beezer215. I was looking up some additional information on your solution. Do I need to create a default_ai setup file for a specific car for 'every' track? And if so, is there a way to have the game automatically use the defaul_ai setup file for any new tracks I add?

[EDIT] @ales100i , I notice you responded while I was typing this message. Thanks for your response. I'll take some time to read in a bit.

Read it, thanks. Man, I really wish there was just a mandatory pitstop setting... I'm trying to think if I actually want to do this. ergg.

Last edited:
ACU Istanbul Park Billboard / Grass update

I recently discovered the great ACU version of Istanbul park and wasn´t delighted with the 2010 F1 sponsoring all over the place so I decided to give the track a new overhaul. I nearly removed all sponsorboards and only left out some current one which are used nowadays. The track now is branded by Intercity and there are some billboards along with Porsche and Bridgestone. I also added grassfx. Since I am too stupid to do a light config maybe we find some volunteers who can do it?

Removed:

- Vodafone / Panasonic / Assetto Corsa / DHL sponsors
- LCD jumbotron AC branding

Added:

- Porsche brake markers / Bridgestone ads / Intercity Istanbul Park ads
- grassFX

Link is up for 7 days:

https://we.tl/t-Qk2kpwZda3

View attachment 926217 View attachment 926218 View attachment 926219 View attachment 926220 View attachment 926221

Screenies show the track without the grassfx (except the first one)

Put the file into your acu_istanbul-park folder. It is mandatory to use the ext_config.ini file otherwise it won´t work properly (CSP is mandatory!).
Have fun.

please update all the ACU TRACKS with the grass fx etc that would be very cool

@MrB00, any reason why your images always seem to be taken really far away, and at night..?
Are you hiding in the bushes when you photograph them?
;)

EDITING because I was quick to jump on masscot for bringing up this issue and went off on one for no reason...sorry!!

Have adjusted my showroom to hopefully show a bit more of the car and less dark bush photography :D

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1591116701.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1591116701.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Since in the past few weeks I've done countless laps during testing and racing at the new Daytona track, and I've really began to enjoy oval racing with nascar mods! So I have a request @LiquidSkyMan, can you possibly look at the AI for the Charlotte oval when you get the chance? With full grid, some AI cars don't start and there's a few crashes in qualifying. With all of AC's limits to oval racing, it still sure as hell is fun!

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mountain-peak-charlotte-speedway.164316/

ACU Istanbul Park Billboard / Grass update

I recently discovered the great ACU version of Istanbul park and wasn´t delighted with the 2010 F1 sponsoring all over the place so I decided to give the track a new overhaul. I nearly removed all sponsorboards and only left out some current one which are used nowadays. The track now is branded by Intercity and there are some billboards along with Porsche and Bridgestone. I also added grassfx. Since I am too stupid to do a light config maybe we find some volunteers who can do it?

Removed:

- Vodafone / Panasonic / Assetto Corsa / DHL sponsors
- LCD jumbotron AC branding

Added:

- Porsche brake markers / Bridgestone ads / Intercity Istanbul Park ads
- grassFX

Link is up for 7 days:

https://we.tl/t-Qk2kpwZda3

View attachment 926217 View attachment 926218 View attachment 926219 View attachment 926220 View attachment 926221

Screenies show the track without the grassfx (except the first one)

Put the file into your acu_istanbul-park folder. It is mandatory to use the ext_config.ini file otherwise it won´t work properly (CSP is mandatory!).
Have fun.

I hadn't even heard of the Instanbul Park track. Found it(v1.02) and added your skin and it's quite a neat track! Thanks for the great work on the skin!

So much for trying to inject a bit of style in to my images ;) I'll just go back to a boring white background. As for why just this particular image is so far away it was late and i think I might have had blurry vision!!
Is this better?

View attachment 926810

Here's the original for you...can you see it now?
N4jftYt.jpg
I can see it but your cars are always quite small compared to the overall canvas size... that's really what I was trying to say, I probably didn't make myself clear. Lots of unused real estate around the edges. And the cars themselves alway look dull - check the white backgrounds on the car numbers, they are more a mid grey.
Just wondered, that's all. But your settings might be a little off?
Didn't mean to make a big deal of it but it's something I've always noticed. It has zero importance in the grand scheme of things.

Yes this is achiveable in two ways, with two hacks, but both are dirty hacks and not optimal solutions, but they work to an extent.

1. The amount of fuel you specify in the tank in a setup or data folder are only for you, the human driver. The AI don't use this value, as they calculate the consumption according to available data and put in as much fuel as they need to drive as many laps as they need or want to drive. Now when you boot into the race screen, the actual driving data is not available to the AI, so he takes the estimated fuel consumption from the fuel_cons.ini file, which looks something like this:

[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=0.604527

this file is not always present and if it is not, the AI takes the generic value of i believe 3.0 km per liter. This is his base. But after running i think 3 laps (might be even sooner), he recalculates the fuel consumption based on actual driving experience. And then he uses this new obtained data until the end of the race, or/and for this session and all that follow in the race weekend. So, if you run a quick race, then you can alter the fuel_cons.ini to trick the AI into lower consumption by increasing the value (to 1.2 in our example). Now the AI will think he needs half of the fuel he actually needs and will put only half the fuel in. Now when AI "realises" te mistake, it will pit and add fuel for the rest of the race. This can be after one lap, or 3, or 5, i don't know how he decides this. I didn't figure it out yet. But this is dirty fix 1. If the file does not exist, you can always create it.

Don't have to tell why this fix is dirty and inapropriate. If you run qualy and/or practice, he will go out the first time with to little fuel for what he wanted to do (instead of fuel for 3 laps, he will put in fuel for only 1,5 lap). But after he does this run, he will know how much he needs and will put correct amounth for the rest of the session and the race. This as said is only useful for quick races.

Knowing about this file is very important for another reason. Very often, when people create mods, they adjust the fuel consuption, but don't edit this file to correct data, or don't create the file at all. And then we have cars going to pits for no apparent reason. The Audi 90 from Dan Bucsa has this problem for example, as most of you have probably already experienced it when running out of fuel after 3 laps.

2. this one is even less technical and even more dirty, but i haven't found a solution that works better. I ended not using it at all, as it is too much of a hastle for me. You can change the size of the tank for fuel. You lower it so it only holds the amount for a wanted number of laps. Yes i know it's not really a nice solution, but it works. If someone knows of a better one, please let me know. To change the size of the tank, you edit the max fuel in car.ini:

[FUEL]
CONSUMPTION=0.0044
FUEL=60
MAX_FUEL=120

Or leave the tank as is, but increase the consuption multiplier in CM, so that a full tank won't last you and AI the full race.

I know dirty hacks, but AC AI is too smart for anything else. I ended up just giving up on piting altogether.

Interesting, how can i fix the Audi 90 (and other cars with this problem) exactly? Many times the cars go to boxes in the first lap... thanks

I can see it but your cars are always quite small compared to the overall canvas size... that's really what I was trying to say, I probably didn't make myself clear. Lots of unused real estate around the edges. And the cars themselves alway look dull - check the white backgrounds on the car numbers, they are more a mid grey.
Just wondered, that's all. But your settings might be a little off?
Didn't mean to make a big deal of it but it's something I've always noticed. It has zero importance in the grand scheme of things.
Nah it's cool. I do know what you mean as it goes but when I take a pic in the showroom the cars don't look small. Then when I post a pic here they shrink. And also I like to mess about with different settings and I suppose my pics are a little dark - but yeah style over substance in my eyes lol

All good mate and sorry I got a bit humpy over your post lol

I also think it's down to the Custom showroom settings as sometimes the skins look ok and other times they don't. I still need to mess about with settings etc.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back