Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,857 comments
106411586-318516715830898-1100972968175445495-o.jpg

Sorry for the post OT but I wanted to share this news , when you switch from driving a virtual car to reality .

So could simply add a smoke bomb at silverstone with that?
Yes so if for example you ever wondered why the guy standing at the end of the pits was holding his buttocks like this..
14va.jpg

if you add something like this to config:

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION = -156.28, -1.66, 14.78
DIRECTION = 2, 0, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 0.1, 1.5, 0.1, 1
SPREAD = 8
INTENSITY = 1

You can now see that it is clearly because he ate something bad and has a terrible wind problem today.

6ryg.jpg

You can just use object inspector to click somewhere and find desired location.

Sorry for that imbecile example guys and girls :)
(not actually sorry at all)

Sharing if anyone else is/was struggling like I was for over six months with frame rate.
For no other reason, frame rate hovered around 80 for months when it used to cruise at 150-180 (max everything), ks car/track.

Did everything feasible. All the shaders released and going back, versions of SOL, every setting cm has to the Nvidia control panel (global and AC). Earlier tonight, I tried again. (why, just doing the same stuff).
Turned everything possible off/minimal in cm settings/ac. Global, MSAA, rendering frequencies etc. Went straight to 240 fps - from 80 (ks car/track). :dunce:

Flipped everything back to max the way it was when stuck at 80fps. Now back to 150-180.
So for whatever reason, turning everything off and back on, one of those settings needed a reset. No idea which one it was.
It may just apply to you. :lol::mad:

Last edited:
Yes so if for example you ever wondered why the guy standing at the end of the pits was holding his buttocks like this..
14va.jpg

[SMOKE_...]
DIRECTION = 2, 0, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 0.1, 1.5, 0.1, 1
SPREAD = 8
INTENSITY = 1

You can now see that it is clearly because he ate something bad and has a terrible wind problem today.

6ryg.jpg

That is actually fantastic!
Spat my coffee out over that!

Hello all,

I've managed to break the sounds for every car (Kunos + mods) and I don't quite know how. All I did was update the RSS FH 2017 S1's sounds using the F1 megapack, I go to use the car, and it has no sound. I try another, and another. Same issue.

Any solutions to this?

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP

*PROBLEM NOW SOLVED*

Last edited:
Sharing if anyone else is/was struggling like I was for over six months with frame rate.
For no other reason, frame rate hovered around 80 for months when it used to cruise at 150-180 (max everything), ks car/track.

Did everything feasible. All the shaders released and going back, versions of SOL, every setting cm has to the Nvidia control panel (global and AC). Earlier tonight, I tried again. (why, just doing the same stuff).
Turned everything possible off/minimal in cm settings/ac. Global, MSAA, rendering frequencies etc. Went straight to 240 fps - from 80 (ks car/track). :dunce:

Flipped everything back to max the way it was when stuck at 80fps. Now back to 150-180.
So for whatever reason, turning everything off and back on, one of those settings needed a reset. No idea which one it was.

I use presets on CSP which has grown to like 10 now! With various changes on or off....
So i wonder if a preset with nothing clicked on then might work as a "reset" then go back to preferred preset and carry on?
Because i agree with what you are saying as i have had this same situation by using fallguys preset, then back to mine.... weird.

hmmmm.

TYW
Anybody knows if there's a Tokyo Expressway track somewhere that has AI lines for racing?

I asume you mean the Shutoko Revival Project (Version 0.9.0) from here: https://discord.com/channels/500246817833877505/500247010184527873 or maybe the Shuto Expressway C1 (Version rev6 12.06.16) from here: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/shuto-expressway-c1.html
Yes, there are AI-solutions for both layouts. Even several different. But it is not that easy to install. So please read the instructions carefully.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2-way-traffic-layout-for-shuto-expressway-c1.28976/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/traffic-addon-for-shutoko-revival-project-beta-v0-9.31148/

or this (DL in video description):

I posted a little while ago about horrendous loss of performance and how I solved it by simply deactivating CSP then reactivating it again. Might be a similar 'reset' solution to yours.

Hi Teddie. Good idea. I have done that for several tracks for myself aleady. B U T

Unfortunately some drift track modders prefer to enter their tracks from the pit. So they dont put a starting line on their tracks. Therefore it is impossible to race those tracks even when you create a AI-line. A few weeks ago HexorMod (aka Marcus) did post a new big freeroam track named "Hafen" (german for harbour) on his FB-channel. This map is really big, big enough for several track layouts. But he didnt include a starting line. So I did asked him for it. And he did answer, that this is a drift track - no need for racing. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Here is the track:

Here are several hundert drift tracks (click on the "Track List" tab): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-970#post-13061066

@mrtomcat66, let me know which ones you think are good for racing but lack start dummies, etc. I can add those. I have a few drift tracks I added stuff needed for racing, because as I said, there are some really nice drift tracks out there, but only set up for online drifting. ergggg meh. :) I'll see if I can find the ones I did up and post them. This will be a kind of fun side-project, yeah?

14va.jpg

[SMOKE_...]
DIRECTION = 2, 0, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 0.1, 1.5, 0.1, 1
SPREAD = 8
INTENSITY = 1

6ryg.jpg

FFS, simply amazing.
m0130.gif

14va.jpg

[SMOKE_...]
DIRECTION = 2, 0, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 0.1, 1.5, 0.1, 1
SPREAD = 8
INTENSITY = 1

6ryg.jpg

OMg, man... You made me spit out my coffee! lol, good times.

I asume you mean the Shutoko Revival Project (Version 0.9.0) from here: https://discord.com/channels/500246817833877505/500247010184527873 or maybe the Shuto Expressway C1 (Version rev6 12.06.16) from here: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/shuto-expressway-c1.html
Yes, there are AI-solutions for both layouts. Even several different. But it is not that easy to install. So please read the instructions carefully.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2-way-traffic-layout-for-shuto-expressway-c1.28976/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/traffic-addon-for-shutoko-revival-project-beta-v0-9.31148/

or this (DL in video description):

are those AI solutions only for ambient commuter traffic or do those also include AI racing lines? I've always stayed clear of 'traffic' AI because I assumed it is not for racing ?

I use presets on CSP which has grown to like 10 now! With various changes on or off....
So i wonder if a preset with nothing clicked on then might work as a "reset" then go back to preferred preset and carry on?
Because i agree with what you are saying as i have had this same situation by using fallguys preset, then back to mine.... weird.

hmmmm.

Same here, maybe 3-6 presets. But that didn't just happen to flip a switch. That says that one adjustment must have been the same in all presets, so changing them never got a 'reset'.

One of these got the on/off flick that 'reset' itself. Whichever one, I have no idea when they all got turned off and back on at once.
Wanna take a guess? :boggled::P

0rds.png

Ok. I finally managed to buy AC on PC. I am console player and never got chance to try this game on PC. I was afraid about performance. But after discount on Steam I decided to risk some money buy it and try it on my laptop. I was shocked that this SIM is working so great! It went 100FPS on ultra low settings in benchmark mode so I can put some details up to stay on 60 FPS :)

So here is my question. Where i should start with using mods? Any suggestions what should I install first? Or which mods to avoid? How to keep everything clean and tidy and avoid mess with files? Are those dynamic time of day mods very CPU consuming?

I have:
Lenovo Y580 Laptop:
i7-3630QM 2.4 ghz
16GB ram
GeForce 660M GTX

Yes definitely the flow to use even without the need of shader replacement because it seems that kn5 export from 3dsimed got some issues from time to time (shadow that need to be set in a particular order for car, object which disappear on mirror for track ...)

I only know this one for the moment.

Is there a way to see how the materials were originally set up in the track? As soon as I import into 3dsimed, that information is lost.

I would love to be able to open the kn5 in kseditor and see the material setup/information, but the only way to bring it into kseditor is to convert it to fbx. Which I do in 3dsimed, which loses the information. I'm in a catch-22 situation.

Basically, the current material problem I'm running into is a material that has a normal map, regular texture (twice apparently) and then a mask for windows. ( this is a building that has lit windows at night) . Since it changes to T1 in 3dsimed, I really don't know how it should be set up in kseditor.

Thanks much for replying!

Same here, maybe 3-6 presets. But that didn't just happen to flip a switch. That says that one adjustment must have been the same in all presets, so changing them never got a 'reset'.

One of these got the on/off flick that 'reset' itself. Whichever one, I have no idea when they all got turned off and back on at once.
Wanna take a guess? :boggled::P

0rds.png

Plus all the different variations in CSP screens :crazy:

Is there a way to see how the materials were originally set up in the track? As soon as I import into 3dsimed, that information is lost.

I would love to be able to open the kn5 in kseditor and see the material setup/information, but the only way to bring it into kseditor is to convert it to fbx. Which I do in 3dsimed, which loses the information. I'm in a catch-22 situation.

Basically, the current material problem I'm running into is a material that has a normal map, regular texture (twice apparently) and then a mask for windows. ( this is a building that has lit windows at night) . Since it changes to T1 in 3dsimed, I really don't know how it should be set up in kseditor.

Thanks much for replying!
You need to use kn5conv.exe instead of 3DSimed, it makes a persistence file with all material info inside that KSEditor uses. I'll upload it if you can't find it, it's command line only but simple to use.

You need to use kn5conv.exe instead of 3DSimed, it makes a persistence file with all material info inside that KSEditor uses. I'll upload it if you can't find it, it's command line only but simple to use.

Woah, so that converter keeps all the information about the materials? textures used, original shader, order, etc.? Holy hell, man, yes, I need that. Can you post the one you use? Thanks tremendously!

Woah, so that converter keeps all the information about the materials? textures used, original shader, order, etc.? Holy hell, man, yes, I need that. Can you post the one you use? Thanks tremendously!
kn5unpack sorry, just run it from command line, it's basically self explanatory.

EDIT: added missing dll

Attachments

• Kn5Unpack.zip
    288.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
kn5unpack sorry, just run it from command line, it's basically self explanatory.

Thanks norms. Is there another file or file set that's supposed to be included, AcTools?

"
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AcTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Kn5Unpack.Program.Main(String[] args)"

Thanks norms. Is there another file or file set that's supposed to be included, AcTools?

"
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AcTools, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Kn5Unpack.Program.Main(String[] args)"
Yeah sorry, I edited post, you were too quick lol

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back