Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,610 comments
Tried several times installing, following the instructions. Wasn't succeed. No sound
Made all the SFX changes, but nothing.
If it's only the sound that not working, you can do "replace sound" with Content Manager. If you have a sound mod for your kunos Z4 GT3 you must copy the original .bank, I will do alternatif "GUIDs" for the sounds mods.

RE:KARTS

Here is something I threw together, feedback is mandatory. RFC :gtplanet: only

And on the subject, my Google-Fu has failed me and I can't seem to find the SuperKart anywhere. Linky linky please givee givee.

I've only had a few minutes to test, but I like what I've seen so far. There is something that is bugging me, and it is not specific to your Karts, GzeroD. It has to do with the game hiding drivers pretty close to the player. So since the Karts are so open, it is very very noticible that the drivers are missing in the cars up front (until you get close of course). Would you have any ideas as to what .ini or setting needs to be modified to adjust this? I assume it also affects the Pit guys LOD since they pop in like pop-n-fresh like magic lollipop people being conjured from the sound of my car approaching..

Hi guys!

This is my first post here so I want to share with you some skins I'm working. They're all based on Super Monaco GP game, released for Sega Genesis in 1989 or 1990. I'm also using ASR McLaren MP4/5. :)

View attachment 950657 View attachment 950658 View attachment 950659 View attachment 950660
I like this! I loved the first SMGP on the Megadrive! Imagine if someone made the track from the arcade game...
I saw somewhere recently that someone had made a Crammond GPx mod with authentic low-poly car models and recreated cockpits from F1GP, GP2, & GP3, for AMS1.

Hi guys!

This is my first post here so I want to share with you some skins I'm working. They're all based on Super Monaco GP game, released for Sega Genesis in 1989 or 1990. I'm also using ASR McLaren MP4/5. :)

View attachment 950657 View attachment 950658 View attachment 950659 View attachment 950660
1CD98F43-63BB-4C41-8BF5-FB6CED50BF88.gif

430E7A10-D6EE-4ABA-93DF-CE3B541084BA.jpeg

I've only had a few minutes to test, but I like what I've seen so far. There is something that is bugging me, and it is not specific to your Karts, GzeroD. It has to do with the game hiding drivers pretty close to the player. So since the Karts are so open, it is very very noticible that the drivers are missing in the cars up front (until you get close of course). Would you have any ideas as to what .ini or setting needs to be modified to adjust this? I assume it also affects the Pit guys LOD since they pop in like pop-n-fresh like magic lollipop people being conjured from the sound of my car approaching..

I suffer from the same problem, I've put it down to CSP, but changing the settings there doesn't seem to help. I haven't done any more trouble shooting however, I usually let CSP bugs come out with the wash, but maybe I should try getting to the bottom of it.

If it's only the sound that not working, you can do "replace sound" with Content Manager. If you have a sound mod for your kunos Z4 GT3 you must copy the original .bank, I will do alternatif "GUIDs" for the sounds mods.

Hi manu, obviously last thing I tried was the CM sound change. however even that, did not work.

Basically I'm updating this car mainly the physics.

Ah, ok, thank you.

I have had the car on my hard drive for a couple of years I originally got it on Facebook. But it's the same car basically.
do you remember from where exactly in facebook? im really interested cause the one from assettoland is a little bit weird, it has this gigantic brabus wheels and is way too tall upload_2020-8-19_22-59-3.png

Hey @GIBBONS I've been searching around again for your tire AI but haven't been able to find it. Do you have a working link? I've got some cars that need their tires updated again now that I'm done getting everything set up on my new laptop.

I suffer from the same problem, I've put it down to CSP, but changing the settings there doesn't seem to help. I haven't done any more trouble shooting however, I usually let CSP bugs come out with the wash, but maybe I should try getting to the bottom of it.

Curious question about what both of you see @GzeroD and @Teddie and I see it also.
Does it do it if you disable CSP or go to the original game startup, not Content Manager?

If it does it in the regular game, then it is something in the AC game itself.

Just throwing out ideas.
Dave

I wonder if it has to do with that CSP option that renders low quality cockpit in other cars.

Is it possible to convert tracks from Raceroom to AC?

No.

Surely, someone with knowledge and lot of spare time might be able to rip it, but no one seemed interested so far.

Same for R3E cars actually, the few cars converted to AC haven't been ripped, they have been leaked by some ex-S3S dev.

Last edited:
Hello

unfortunately having made a false manipulation I deleted the original file of the game of the first generation of Mercedes Benz AMG GT3 that of the dream pack 3 pack and named ks_mercedes_am_gt3 Is anyone at a link to get this mod again I do not don't want the new 2020 version I already have it thanks

Hi guys!

So cool. I remember this coinop vividly. I'd already gotten into Hard Drivin and Papyrus' Indy 500 when I sat in it, so the game itself didn't wow me, but I remember 3 things. It had a kind of hydraulic seat, that really rammed you around a lot, and this cool gravel kind of feedback so when you ran off it had something hitting the bottom of the seat like a tiny hammer really fast. And it was SO LOUD right down your ears. Even though the game itself was not my cup of tea, the machine really gave you the feeling of that onboard senna lap round monaco.

Sorry if this has been asked but I have searched and can't find the answer. How do I stop weekend sessions just carrying on at the same time of day you are at when finishing the previous session? Used to be that the next session would start at the original time of day again, like next day how it should be. Now if I finish quali in darkness the race starts in darkness. Any help appreciated. Cheers

So cool. I remember this coinop vividly. I'd already gotten into Hard Drivin and Papyrus' Indy 500 when I sat in it, so the game itself didn't wow me, but I remember 3 things. It had a kind of hydraulic seat, that really rammed you around a lot, and this cool gravel kind of feedback so when you ran off it had something hitting the bottom of the seat like a tiny hammer really fast. And it was SO LOUD right down your ears. Even though the game itself was not my cup of tea, the machine really gave you the feeling of that onboard senna lap round monaco.

The arcade version will always be one of my top 5 favourite coin-ops ever.

I remember playing sega's indy 500 and i must say i loved that arcade game. heck if anything with some grids on here you could infact re-create some arcade games. I know about 3 arcade games that can be recreated (2 are sega and one by fuji)

Hello

unfortunately having made a false manipulation I deleted the original file of the game of the first generation of Mercedes Benz AMG GT3 that of the dream pack 3 pack and named ks_mercedes_am_gt3 Is anyone at a link to get this mod again I do not don't want the new 2020 version I already have it thanks

Hello

Uhm, not completely sure, but I *think* you may have asked this already just a few posts above? lol :ouch:

I was trying to do that....Problem is that I am currently making some cars into dirt oval cars, so actually what i am doing is just doubling cars.....

I am deleting any F1 packs, I don't use them and invariably i only need one of them as they are all the same under the skins.

Its not easy getting rid of stuff though.

It was easy when i only used racing cars, but now i have discovered i enjoy road cars like espirits ones and even the kunos ones i never used to touch my collection is just going up and up.

Needs reigning in...
I really should delete any F1 cars after, say, 2000. The old analogue cars can be fun to drive but the new ones just leave me cold, however excellent the mods are.
It's tough and very time consuming going through a big car collection, trying to sort the wheat from the chaff, but I have found some gems that I'd never even driven before. Almost deleted a 325i Touring mod sight unseen yesterday but loaded it up to give it a chance and ended up racing a pack of them around Spa for twenty laps. It turned out to be quite a rewarding car to drive and is definitely a keeper.
Being exclusively a VR racer, cars usually need to have good cockpits to avoid the bin but even then there are some cars (like the Race 07 conversions of the Alfa 156 and 159) that are low poly and low res but are just good solid cars to drive. With them it's more about how they feel than how they look. And hexagonal headlights are good for large grids... ;)
What's bloody annoying is the number of cars that are just minor variations to other mods... exactly the same cars but with very tiny power differences, for example. Trying to keep the 'best' from a bunch of almost-identical models needs almost gynacological forensic investigation.
What I'm not doing any more is keeping utter crap purely as grid fillers. These cars often have such bad paint shaders that even seeing one in a race can be horribly jarring. If it's not good to actually drive it goes straight in the trash.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back