Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,610 comments
i posted how to fix but maybe you choose to ignore. so yup its broke and out of date

I didn't choose to ignore anything. I was simply answering a question from someone else. If they choose to use your fix, that's up to them. My Mugello GrassFX config works fine, because I already had the correct files for it to work. I just don't think they're downloadable through Content Manager at this point.

nothing is broken like you stated and how can it be if you have the correct files ? cm dowmloads just fine.

Well, obviously not everyone is using the same builds for starters. And not everyone has the same config either. What I have works fine with the versions of CSP/CM I'm running, but this is what I read on the discord and why I posted the comment, which is not the only one saying the same thing.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.07.00 pm.jpg

Anyway, I'm not interested in discussing this any more. Thanks.

i said how to fix it, you must feel great bringing up a problem posted a couple of weeks ago, did you not scroll down and get the fix ? lmfao

full

Last edited:
i said how to fix it, you must feel great bringing up a problem posted a couple of weeks ago lol, did you not scroll down and get the fix ? lmfao

You can laugh all you like, but as I already told you, MINE WORKS JUST FINE. Now please stop creating a hassle for absolutely no reason, or just grow a brain.

Honestly, grab a copy of Blender (free), and poke around youtube a bit, and take a shot at building a track, the videos make it look complex but like everything once you got the jist of it, its starts filling in place quickly. Learning a new thing is both frustrating and rewarding at teh same time, and will kill hundreds of hours! I wish I never started because sometimes I open a track to just "tweak" a thing, nek minnit, 5 hours later me missus is busting me about having to go to bed.

there are HEAPS of resources for trackside objects, free fbx resources etc.

So I have blender and a vague knowledge of it so far just fiddling with cars. (oh and making a donut and a low poly tree!!)

But I take it something this would be pretty simple then? All i want to do is get some more short ovals in the game.

Amman Valley.jpg

the problem is you saying that its broken when its not

Just for the record, this was the question I responded to. If you're capable of not being an idiot for just a moment, you'll see it was posted yesterday - and due to timezone differences, I read it this morning.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1712#post-13241387

So... No. I didn't "feel great bringing up a problem posted a couple of weeks ago lol".

I won't be reading any more of your trolling crap, so bye now! Have a good life, if that's actually possible with your attitude.

(EDIT: Daan, I'd be really happy for you to delete everything to do with this "conversation", if you can call it that. It's just bad vibe clutter on the thread anyway. I was merely trying to help someone, then somehow, I got caught up in a drive-by trolling which I had/have no interest in participating in.)

Last edited:
the problem is you saying that its broken when its not

Just looked, changed all 7 days, grass grows just fine, moves too.
One thing that isn't working from Mugello is the Christmas lights :lol: Went through every day in December, no bueno.

cfg shows last and new, christmas lights by atrip3
really old pic
z5la.jpg

I was thinking about something this morning, with the release of Mafia Definitive Edition in mind, is it possible to convert cars from these games? Mafia 2 and the now released Mafia DE ? Because there would be some nice cars..

I have no grass at Mugello either and tried this fix but I have no track ini configs in my Documents\Assetto Corsa folder

you'll find an extension folder in your, documents folder, assetto corsa, cfg, extension, delete the track configs. for some reason it reads from there, i had the same problem.

Could someone post a working config file for Mugello? Thanks

I have no grass at Mugello either and tried this fix but I have no track ini configs in my Documents\Assetto Corsa folder
Could someone post a working config file for Mugello? Thanks

Not sure why all the talk with Mugello and cfg's. In CM> settings / custom shader patch / tracks config. Mugello will say 'yes' in green or 'old'. Right click / update.
Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur etc all change grass height.

Or - all emissive, flags, christmas etc and ini are below.
Copy the contents and paste in> AC / extension / config / tracks / loaded.
Overwrite if asked. Then make sure theres no Mugello files in config / tracks.

https://mega.nz/file/Mg903KLa#pa10NJMhYZ4KzNhayWAMOUJ2tNrW2ziAHxGFoittiaU

Not sure why all the talk with Mugello and cfg's. In CM> settings / custom shader patch / tracks config. Mugello will say 'yes' in green or 'old'. Right click / update.
Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur etc all change grass height.

Or - all emissive, flags, christmas etc and ini are below.
Copy the contents and paste in> AC / extension / config / tracks / loaded.
Overwrite if asked. Then make sure theres no Mugello files in config / tracks.

https://mega.nz/file/Mg903KLa#pa10NJMhYZ4KzNhayWAMOUJ2tNrW2ziAHxGFoittiaU

but none of this will work is csp is reading from assetto in your documents folder because thats where it looks first

Clark International Speedway v0.95

This track is an original creation by Teddie Tapawan and is based on the real-life CIS race track in the Philippines.

Additional Credits and Thanks:
* Shared X-Packs by Tyrone and Gutbomb
* Grass textures by Mike08
* Multiple reference photos provided by members of the Assetto Corsa Philippines group on Facebook
* SPECIAL thanks to my son Brandon for modeling many of the objects in this track for me in Blender

(Please do not copy or modify without author's permission. Contact teddabod@funrealtournament to report bugs or to request track changes and/or features.)

Many updates to the track are planned for a future version release.

View attachment 960386

DOWNLOAD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ted-clark-international-speedway.36198/

YES! AMAZING. I really want to see more Philippine tracks represented in games, Cant wait to try GT1s here

So I have blender and a vague knowledge of it so far just fiddling with cars. (oh and making a donut and a low poly tree!!)

But I take it something this would be pretty simple then? All i want to do is get some more short ovals in the game.

View attachment 960412
yup, the first tutorial that comes up is actually an oval. the learning curve is a bit steep, but once you got ythe knack its quite fun.

this is a bit old now, but covers the basics

i said how to fix it, you must feel great bringing up a problem posted a couple of weeks ago, did you not scroll down and get the fix ? lmfao

full

@chocolatecake

I dont have a tracks folder in my documents / assetto corsa / extension folder, so its not reading from there? (pic attached)

I have CSP latest patch, i have all my files in CSP updated and showing green "yes" for being up to date and correct versions? (pic attached)

I have correct files in AC/Extension/Loaded Folder (pic attached)

I have dates set to thursday (and have tried other days)

I have other tracks working perfect.
Other people do appear to have the same issue with Mugello.

My Mugello shows old 2D grass no matter what!

While this fix may have worked for you, i dont think its quite as simple as you are portraying.
It seems that there could be more than just 1 issue at play here, and while we are glad this fix worked for your issue, it seems that this fix does not appear to work for everyone.

There is somethig conflicting with Mugello for sure, anf for many, but what this may be? I have no idea? Any help is very much welcomed.

Attachments

• Documents.PNG
    Documents.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 19
  • CM.PNG
    CM.PNG
    1.1 KB · Views: 21
  • AC Loaded.PNG
    AC Loaded.PNG
    3.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
@chocolatecake

I dont have a tracks folder in my documents / assetto corsa / extension folder, so its not reading from there? (pic attached)
I have CSP latest patch, i have all my files in CSP updated and showing green "yes" for being up to date and correct versions? (pic attached)
I have other tracks working perfect?
Others do appear to have the same issue?

But my mugello shows old 2D grass no matter what?

While this fix may have worked for you, i dont think its working for everyone, seems like there could be more than just 1 issue at play here.

so why not start again, delete all mugello stuff in you extension tracks folder and the loaded folder then download again. have attached what i have in my loaded folder. also check you dont have an extension folder in you mugello track folder ?

Attachments

• loaded.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
so why not start again, delete all mugello stuff in you extension tracks folder and the loaded folder then download again. have attached what i have in my loaded folder. also check you dont have an extension folder in you mugello track folder ?

I deleted the files, redownloaded them via CM and did all the usual suspectes before i posted, this was of course the first thing i did before posting here.
I also have no extension folder in the track folder its self. (pic attached)

I also watched a few videos of mugello on youtube, recent ones and if you notice (in 4k / 1440p) some of the vidoes exhibit no grass FX either.

I think there is something at play that many haven't actually noticed, but if you go looking for it, you will see all over youtube, many recent Mugello videos of those using CSP dont have 3d grass.

Attachments

• Track .PNG
    Track .PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 21
The thing that I'm finding increasingly difficult to reconcile is that once everyone who makes nice mods (that were previously shared freely) goes to the Patreon model, it means those of us out here who are also suffering from a complete collapse of income due to COVID shutdowns will be left in no man's land, because we're struggling with the same financial situation too.

My own line of work is at a total standstill right now. I'm a freelance contractor and haven't had a paid job in longer than I care to admit – and as much as a might like to, I simply can't afford to sponsor everyone who ever makes a good mod... but I need the 'pleasant distraction' of sim racing more than ever.
I think (well, hope actually) that it generally just means you'll still get the finished mods. It's only the dev builds that are hidden behind a paywall.
You might have to wait a lot longer than previously for the finished mods, but I'm guessing they'll be released eventually.
This is pure conjecture on my part, I guess we need Patreon owners to confirm. It's all a lot more complicated than it used to be.

I deleted the files, redownloaded them via CM and did all the usual suspectes before i posted, this was of course the first thing i did before posting here.
I also have no extension folder in the track folder its self. (pic attached)

I also watched a few videos of mugello on youtube, recent ones and if you notice (in 4k / 1440p) some of the vidoes exhibit no grass FX either.

I think there is something at play that many haven't actually noticed, but if you go looking for it, you will see all over youtube, many recent Mugello videos of those using CSP dont have 3d grass.
try turning on seasons in sol weather plan ;) and i know this is a silly question but you do have grass fx enabled ?

Last edited:
Actually, I do have a paypal.me. HTTP://paypal.me/teddabod69
There a bunch of folks in the Philippines asking how they can donate because I'm doing tracks from the Philippines and some wanted a different route than paypal for some reason. So I started a Patreon. I didn't realize it defaults to monthly. I did it quickly to give folks different a different option to donate, but I don't want to do this monthly thing. Hmmm. I shouldn't posted about my Patreon. I don't need it, but folks have asked me before how they can donate for my time/effort. That's why I figured I'd just give the money to my son for doing the models. I'm really surprised that anyone would donate to me, but figured as much as I've donated to other modders that maybe it was a karma thing. I dunno. My tracks and any mods I do for any game will always be free.

I'm quite embarrassed now to be honest.
Hey, no need at all to be embarrassed mate, it's a bit of a minefield out there. I was just curious why you chose Patreon and you've answered nicely.
Keep doing what you're doing for as long as you're enjoying it - that's the main reason any of us do this, right?

any German or about know what company this logo this is has done skin for a particle car has we are in N24 week.

613xvg.JPG
Any use?

7422566606280098320_1.png

Edit: might also be useful:

6989596528777135120_1.png

Gallade logo 2.png

gallade.jpg

When searching for logos in Google Images it can help to add 'vector', eg 'gallade logo vector' found these.

I'm still culling my mod library and trying to be as brutal as I can, so almost threw this anonymous 991 mod out as it had a lot of problems.
Ended up fixing them instead.
No idea where the original car came from (the author was blank) but the basic model was good (Forza rip maybe?) and it drives nicely, it just needed a bunch of fixes.

Porsche 991 Carrera GTS
v1.1mas 09/2020
- adjusted driver position (he now holds the steering wheel through the rotation)
- fixed opaque brown windscreen
- fixed broken audio
- adjusted hand/wheel steering synch
- adjusted shifting animation timing and preload
- added UI info

View attachment 960207

http://www.mediafire.com/file/737psgb23ozve61/porsche991carrera_gts.7z/file

Masscot thanks a lots for this car it's wonderful!!! Just finished 20 laps on Bikernieki oval with other 15cars similar P/W ratio.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back