Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,506 comments
HONDA NSX 15’ UPDATE

First time posting a “mod” here. I say mod but it’s more of an update of the Honda/Acura NSX 15’. I’ve looked at some random Youtube clips and realized it’s quite a cool car and I wanted to drive it in AC. Unfortunately the experience was not what I expected so I decided to fix it a bit. First of all thanks to Assettogarage who put the car in AC in the first place!

Full changelog:
· Corrected gear ratios
· Corrected car mass
· Corrected weight balance
· Adjusted grip levels for street and semislicks
· Set street tire as standard
· Increased brake torque
· Adjusted F6 cameras
· Lowered fuel consumption
· Changed fuel capacity
· Changed ABS ratio limit
· Adjusted exhaust flames from sides to centre exhaust
· Lowered LED light intensity
· Lowered taillights intensity
· Adjusted ARB and camber
· Adjusted colours to better match real life
· Changed infotainment screen and made it backlit
· Adjusted instrument panel and made it backlit
· Adjusted interior materials
· Adjusted exterior materials
· Adjusted collider slightly (still not good)

I am sure there are some bugs and stuff on it that needs fixing (sounds for instance) but I did this to make it a bit more realistic with my time and skillset! Hope you all like it!

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://mega.nz/file/iREmVTAS#gyp8S_MBWFswc1SAULcpRX9T2q7PU2GUGgmfveXtauQ

upload_2020-10-19_21-1-30.png

I think rf2 Sebring was a DLC, I have it and it is encrypted with a new encoding key, sorry (from me)

Bannochbrae is another story... sit down boys and girls, listen to what Mr. Wood has to say...

I have pulled the sources myself, the mystical track can be built for AC... it is, however, abit of a puzzle

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

THE PROBLEM: it is a jigsaw to match the TEXTURES to the OBS.
OBS have the proper names for textures, but the textures are random named dds.
SOMEONE will need to match these, and the specular and the normal maps by hand.
ALSO, OBJs like trees need to be outputted to separate sub-kn5 as the whole track is too big
for 3dSimed to handle export to FBX or KN5.

Thus I am giving YOU the sources and my howto :)

my sources:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqlz81rszxg53c5/Bannochbrae.7z/file
1. open 3dsimed
2. import as objects (NFS .meb), select ALL
3. map is now visible
4. click on object, find material you THINK might be right visually, apply
5. repeat, repeat, repeat.

enjoy your mission :gtplanet:

note: As always, should you or any of your GTP Force be caught or killed, the Secretary and Mr. Wood will disavow any knowledge of your actions.
Good luck
had a quick look at this, hard to see whats going on in 3dsimed so opened up in blender, sadly the geometry is haywire i think the positional XYZ data of the models gets lost in translation or 3dsimed does not know how to handle the pcars2 data properly. if you delete away all the terrain geometry the main components are under it all jumbled up like this, scaling and rotation is also haywire, bridge is 40X bigger than road, fences are at 90 degrees, some road sections massive, some so tiny you have to zoom beyond blenders near plane capacity to see them etc.
upload_2020-10-20_6-12-8.png

(what I did learn though is that if that can be solved, the track is far smaller than it appears to be, each terrain mesh has 4 LODS replicated over each other, and many of the other roadside objetcs 2-4 LODS

Last edited:
Troubleshooting quick question. I set up a JDM track day (25 AI) on Jim's Suzuka converted from ACC. The sim was running at my desired framerate but it was slowed down to like 0.25%. With the same grid on Lilski's Road America, the sim was running fine. Is that a track related problem or I have something set up wrong in the gazillion CSP settings? Thanks for any advice, really... :D

Edit: Just tried on Red Bull Ring, Jim's Bathurst, no issues whatsoever, but Suzuka is still doing this. Tagging @Jimlloyd (thanks for the track though, it's awesome, this is the first issue I have with it). Additional feedback: during the slow-mo driving the cars create some kind of rainy smokey effect. Not sure if related. I am on CSP 0.1.66. Tried with 0.1.60 as well.

Last edited:
Cv1 in this moment isnt a good option for VR... its the true. For example, Reverb G1 with 180 supersampling is awesome. Its like comparing PS2 and PS4. But you need at least a 2080s.

Waiting for G2.

Last edited:
Thank you for the review, you are the second Quest2 user that feels that Quest2, even in its early stage, is a great upgrade over the CV1.
At the price, plus the additional stand alone features, makes it very appealing. I guess for what we are using it for, 99% sim racing, 64GB is more than enough.
have you ever tried the wifi connection with a SIM?

I got wireless working with Virtual Desktop for VR Games, but the way AC launches, it won't work in Virtual Desktop. My testing is limited with wireless as my desktop is only connected via wifi and not LAN, so the latency makes it unplayable. Visual wise, wireless is fine, it looks like its native render, latency is the biggest issue.

Ok, now that's a WHOLE-ass part of my childhood in that circuit right there, i used to waste the hell out of my life with CTTR unlocking everything it had and messing around fusing my car with other CPU ones since it was its main selling point to differentiate itself from other Mario Kart clones which i really loved, including the story mode which had a whole open world part which almost felt like a true Crash Bandicoot game (minus dying, since you always respawn whenever you fall in a pit).

Ok, now that's a WHOLE-ass part of my childhood in that circuit right there, i used to waste the hell out of my life with CTTR unlocking everything it had and messing around fusing my car with other CPU ones since it was its main selling point to differentiate itself from other Mario Kart clones which i really loved, including the story mode which had a whole open world part which almost felt like a true Crash Bandicoot game (minus dying, since you always respawn whenever you fall in a pit).

I only have the 1 C.B track, so please enjoy it. These are just betas to gauge the reaction... do people want these?

Caveats: Road mesh is very rough, only 1 pit (practice only) and I seriously doubt AI can handle that mesh.
IF I can get meshes smooth, a cam or 2 and a simple AI then we could get to v0.90 :)

Mainly I am doing these for THIS COMMUNITY, as many here have children and grandchildren that are "Sim Curious".
This give YOU an opportunity to let them drive your "car game" and not be so serious.

If nobody wants this kind of thing, I wont post them.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Currently we're busy finishing a massive update for AC Legends Pack, bringing it to v3.0. The last half year, all cars have been reworked extensively in model, texture and physics dept. You will be able to do 24 hour races in the wet
icon_e_smile.gif
Besides that a new GTC pack will be introduced in phase 2. This pack will include many of the great GT cars from the 60's.

The update includes:

GT-R pack
Physics from scratch:
- Rebuilt tiremodel
- Rebuilt suspensions from scratch for all cars
- Improved AI
- Improved FFB

Models, lots of upgrades:
- Up to 2020 standards with CSP
- all cars will have (refracting) headlights, wipers, improved shaders
- many 4k skins added
- all cars will have LoD's for better VR/ multiplayer/ big grid AI racing
- Reworked 3d colliders

Later to be released GT-C pack:

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_shelby_mustang_350_rt_daytona_10-6-120-23-15-54.jpg
Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_shelby_mustang_350_sandev_f3ct_8-6-120-22-38-35.jpg

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_shelby_mustang_350_mallory_park_8-6-120-22-27-50.jpg
Screenshot_ac_legends_shelby_mustang_350r_dijon-prenois2016_29-4-120-22-39-29.jpg

GT-R pack:

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_ks_brands_hatch_17-9-120-1-30-8.jpg
Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_sebring_90s_18-9-120-13-45-58.jpg
Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_zw_spielberg1974_11-9-120-20-53-37.jpg

Hi guys,

Currently we're busy finishing a massive update for AC Legends Pack, bringing it to v3.0. The last half year, all cars have been reworked extensively in model, texture and physics dept. You will be able to do 24 hour races in the wet
icon_e_smile.gif
Besides that a new GTC pack will be introduced in phase 2. This pack will include many of the great GT cars from the 60's.
I cant 2x like that post. Your cars are often my "goto" cars for doing tracks and comparing era physics feel. Awesome work!!

Hi guys,

icon_e_smile.gif

The update includes:

GT-R pack
Physics from scratch:
- Rebuilt tiremodel
- Improved AI
- Improved FFB

- many 4k skins added
- Reworked 3d colliders

View attachment 966017 View attachment 966018
View attachment 966016 View attachment 966015

GT-R pack:

View attachment 966010 View attachment 966011 View attachment 966012

Wow It looks really cool, I can't wait to try them out......Cheers Bazza ! :cheers::bowdown:

seems you have a reason to smooth them meshes ;)

this is better, gave it a quick run, but still needs to be run with cars that have soft suspension, maybe rallycross style cars, the wobbly bit has a tendency to chuck you off the track, but, if run a bit slower at least its not as jerky now, will poke at it a bit more and pass to you

(i dont have any karts in my library but suspect at those speeds will be good)
upload_2020-10-20_7-11-29.png

Last edited:
Hi guys,

icon_e_smile.gif

The update includes:

GT-R pack
Physics from scratch:
- Rebuilt tiremodel
- Improved AI
- Improved FFB

- many 4k skins added
- Reworked 3d colliders

View attachment 966017 View attachment 966018
View attachment 966016 View attachment 966015

GT-R pack:

View attachment 966010 View attachment 966011 View attachment 966012

Cheers Bazza!!! Stoked for this

HONDA NSX 15’ UPDATE

First time posting a “mod” here. I say mod but it’s more of an update of the Honda/Acura NSX 15’. I’ve looked at some random Youtube clips and realized it’s quite a cool car and I wanted to drive it in AC. Unfortunately the experience was not what I expected so I decided to fix it a bit. First of all thanks to Assettogarage who put the car in AC in the first place!

Full changelog:
· Corrected gear ratios
· Corrected car mass
· Corrected weight balance
· Adjusted grip levels for street and semislicks
· Set street tire as standard
· Increased brake torque
· Adjusted F6 cameras
· Lowered fuel consumption
· Changed fuel capacity
· Changed ABS ratio limit
· Adjusted exhaust flames from sides to centre exhaust
· Lowered LED light intensity
· Lowered taillights intensity
· Adjusted ARB and camber
· Adjusted colours to better match real life
· Changed infotainment screen and made it backlit
· Adjusted instrument panel and made it backlit
· Adjusted interior materials
· Adjusted exterior materials
· Adjusted collider slightly (still not good)

I am sure there are some bugs and stuff on it that needs fixing (sounds for instance) but I did this to make it a bit more realistic with my time and skillset! Hope you all like it!

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://mega.nz/file/iREmVTAS#gyp8S_MBWFswc1SAULcpRX9T2q7PU2GUGgmfveXtauQ

View attachment 966003
Nice job but I think you might have chosen a bad base car to start with - there are much better NSX mods out there than the Assettogarage one.
Velo's Acura NSX is a better model https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/acura.html
.. and of course, there's Beto's excellent versions of which this is a sportier FE variant: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5o5zlt6q9vjyrfp/bz_acura_nsx_fe.7z/file

Last edited:
Nice job but I think you might have chosen a bad base car to start with - there are much better NSX mods out there than the Assettogarage one.
Velo's Acura NSX is a better model https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/acura.html
.. and of course, there's Beto's excellent versions of which this is a sportier FE variant: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5o5zlt6q9vjyrfp/bz_acura_nsx_fe.7z/file

Thanks! Yeah i did the best i could with that base model! I agree the model itself is quite bad, especially the interior. I mainly wanted to fix the physics so that it drives better and more realistic.

Did not even think about velos one... Which was stupid :lol: Haven’t tried that one out yet and compared it with the one i released.

Beto's one is not stock as far as i know and that's why I didn't pick that one! Also i probably wouldn't have to fix betos models!

When I invented the different lights levels for BLM Lights I thought it as a way to help people with low end PCs with tracks with many lights (like Le Mans, Nordschleife, Macau... ) so you could have configs from little to all the lights.
I hadn't thought it could be used to load totally different lights configs from different users... great implementation mate!

I haven´t played around with your apps enough but, now that you mention it, could visibility level be used to set different versions of the lights?
Say I put maruto´s version on level 1 then my version on level 2, each level is activated exclusively? I assumed it was additive so didn´t think to set it like that before and currently doing it the long way around, ticking boxes. (asking because I won´t be able to test that today)

Assetto Corsa 19_10_2020 01_54_30 a. m..png

Thanks! Yeah i did the best i could with that base model! I agree the model itself is quite bad, especially the interior. I mainly wanted to fix the physics so that it drives better and more realistic.

Did not even think about velos one... Which was stupid :lol: Haven’t tried that one out yet and compared it with the one i released.

Beto's one is not stock as far as i know and that's why I didn't pick that one! Also i probably wouldn't have to fix betos models!

Just don't drive Beto's NSX at FM7 Rio unless you want the automotive equivalent of a pogo stick.
I didn't used to drive Rio all that much because my old 980ti struggled to get decent framerates there (it's a lot better with my 1080ti) but I don't remember it being so damn bumpy... that car's suspension really doesn't agree with it.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back