Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,903 comments
... somewhen, in the near future, a group of old successful Japanese business men reminisce about a time... forgot... lost to the past.
Together, out on a nature hike in the old mountain forests, the ancient road slowly revealed itself...

pieces of tarmac...
a guardrail... a gleaming marker in the folliage...

this was a special place, long ago. A place of legends, fantasy, lore, tales of speed and competition... of life.

The men decided then, there, to bring back this magical place...
After years of reconstruction and technical innovation they finally stood before their great achievement, amazed, the goal...
accomplished.

upload_2020-12-18_11-56-27.jpeg

Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_rmi_idss_usuicircuitearly_15-12-120-8-53-22.jpg

This is the famed "Usui touge", or what is left of it... now a little loop, a piece of touge from the past... alive again.
Welcome.

Initial D. Street Stage - Usui Circuit ( :) holiday edition)

- 2 pit/start for tandem running
- AI/CSP
Download: https://sharemods.com/kf079zf4ou3f/rmi_idss_usuicircuitearly_-_v0.filemissing.7z.html

Camera files attached.

Attachments

• rmi_idss_usuicircuitearly-cams.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
It is way too bright to me. Screenshot taken at 4:30 PM with "Few Clouds", SOL 2.0, CSP 0.1.68.

View attachment 978951
Try a different filter maybe? I have never seen it that bright, but maybe thats just me. I have tested quite abit at that time (most sunset/sunrise hours also). Try a stock filter such as natural or photographic

I noticed after switching to SOL2.0 that things were very bright on all tracks for me. Going to my "dawn2dusk-a" filter fixed everything for me... it is included in my "ShaftPP" ppfilter set.

Attachments

• ShaftPP.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Try a different filter maybe? I have never seen it that bright, but maybe thats just me. I have tested quite abit at that time (most sunset/sunrise hours also). Try a stock filter such as natural or photographic

I noticed after switching to SOL2.0 that things were very bright on all tracks for me. Going to my "dawn2dusk-a" filter fixed everything for me... it is included in my "ShaftPP" ppfilter set.
I normally use "__Sol_Extra", I tried "dawn2dusk-a", but it didn't change anything, unfortunately. For comparison, here is Okutama with the exact same parameters :

Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_acu_okutama-circuit_18-11-120-11-9-54.jpg

I normally use "__Sol_Extra", I tried "dawn2dusk-a", but it didn't change anything, unfortunately. For comparison, here is Okutama with the exact same parameters :

View attachment 978955
There should be a HUGE difference between those filters... HUGE

as a test try this:
content\tracks\rmi_loch-rannoch\normal\data
rename lighting-.ini to lighting.ini

If that does not help, I will simply add a CSP entry... but it wont look right IMHO.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited:
There should be a HUGE difference between those filters... HUGE

as a test try this:
content\tracks\rmi_loch-rannoch\normal\data
rename lighting-.ini to lighting.ini

If that does not help, I will simply add a CSP entry... but it wont look right IMHO.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Nope, no change. Maybe I set a wrong setting in CSP somewhere, I just don't know what.

Edit: What it looks like with CSP disabled:
Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_rmi_loch-rannoch_18-12-120-11-47-58.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, no change. Maybe I set a wrong setting in CSP somewhere, I just don't know what.

Edit: What it looks like with CSP disabled:
View attachment 978958
I just tested at 16:30, due to it being winter... its dark.
The issue is related to SOL, or your SOL settings (since PP filter changes nothing for you)

screen no CSP/SOL
upload_2020-12-18_12-56-8.jpeg

it is a little bright, and plain AC does not take into account time of year. So you are at the height of glare at 16:30 for that track
(midday summer northern climate)

If you want it darker in CSP, add this to the top of ext_config.ini
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= darker
MATERIALS = ??
PROP_0 = ksDiffuse, 0.25
PROP_1 = ksAmbient, 0.20

Last edited:

I am using dawn2dusk-a exclusively for all my races/testing etc. Found out after SOL 2.0 some tracks to be too dark. As an example I 've tried Spa at 14:00 few clouds - no seasonal adjustments - it is always summer in Greece :) . All areas with shadows are pretty dark. Maybe it needs some tweaking for SOL 2.0? Have a check please @RMi_wood

Last edited:
skin Nissan ARTA ZEXEL for the GTR GT-500
oyAI1ke.jpg
M0bFSbY.jpg
3ix6HFB.jpg
HJIpdRV.jpg

A complete skin with driver and crews suit, gloves, helmet, and some extras
FIXING MY MISTAKE FOR THE SKIN
go to skins/arta_zexel_2 and open the ext_config.ini with a text editor tool like the notepad. Go down to [material_CarPaint]
and change the "FresnelMax = 0"

Skin: https://sharemods.com/a4x4erj0gomq/arta_zexel_skin.rar.html
Car:https://chivas-autoart.wixsite.com/home

I have written how to fix the mistake that I make on the skin

... somewhen, in the near future, a group of old successful Japanese business men reminisce about a time... forgot... lost to the past.
Together, out on a nature hike in the old mountain forests, the ancient road slowly revealed itself...

pieces of tarmac...

this was a special place, long ago. A place of legends, fantasy, lore, tales of speed and competition... of life.

After years of reconstruction and technical innovation they finally stood before their great achievement, amazed, the goal...
accomplished.

View attachment 978952

This is the famed "Usui touge", or what is left of it... now a little loop, a piece of touge from the past... alive again.
Welcome.

- AI/CSP
Download: https://sharemods.com/kf079zf4ou3f/rmi_idss_usuicircuitearly_-_v0.filemissing.7z.html
Camera files: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/rmi_idss_usuicircuitearly-zip.977868/
camera files = error links
error.JPG

Last edited:
camera files = error links
View attachment 978960
link updated (attached)

I am using dawn2dusk-a exclusively for all my races/testing etc. Found out after SOL 2.0 some tracks to be too dark. As an example I 've tried Spa at 14:00 few clouds - no seasonal adjustments - it is always summer in Greece :) . All areas with shadows are pretty dark. Maybe it needs some tweaking for SOL 2.0? Have a check please @RMi_wood

I will see about updating it, thank you.
Switching from _Sol filters to dawn2dusk-a fixed the horrible new SOL2.0 glare, but might be a wee bit dark now, agreed.

Last edited:
link updated (attached)

I will see about updating it, thank you.
Switching from _Sol filters to dawn2dusk-a fixed the horrible new SOL2.0 glare, but might be a wee bit dark now, agreed.

On the other hand CSP 0.168 might be responsible for all these glares and shadows - I am not sure that it is a SOL "bug" or "malfunction"

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that taillights and exhaust flames no longer cast light on the ground? I'm not sure if this is a result of either CSP or Sol.

Another team to have fun at Le Mans, when my G27 is ready. The B.S.Cunningham Team (Corvette V8) from 1960. I took the skins that someone posted here from the Corvette of the Sebring Race (cabriolet), and adapted it on the Corvette that I downloaded on another site, but with "hood". It's going to be fun, but I don't know how to remove the front and rear "plates", so it doesn't look like a passenger car. I leave it to someone who knows how to handle a 3d program.
By 'other site' don't you mean velosmodsworkshop.com.mx?

people! good day! it occurred to me to experiment with cars! I grabbed the base of the ETC Fiat Turbo from Brazil, which was quite unmanageable, remove the turbo, and put together some physics similar to the Turismo Pista Class 1 from Argentina. I leave the credits to whom it corresponds! It has a single skin and if someone wants to try it, and create a template, or whatever, it is freely available. Thank you very much, try and enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/ls422T7B#dzp5rV6uo_LBJ4wtw53BND9qs5aj0Q6XIz-iH0xISLg

I clarify that it is my first time with a car and that I did everything in my power! I accept criticism and feel free to modify it to your liking!

Thanks!!!

pieces of tarmac...

accomplished.

View attachment 978952

Welcome.

- AI/CSP

Camera files attached.

Really enjoyed a couple of laps around this track. Thanks for setting it up to use in AC.

My 1/2 a cent... and I know you're aware of these issues.

1. Road mesh needs some smoothing/remodeling, as you can feel the "blockiness" of the lower poly-count, especially through lower dips in the road and over crests.

2. Not sure about the glowing, pulsating road-surface markers. Maybe this comes from its' original version. IMWO, for me, a little too "arcadey."

3. This would be another good track to "re-master" if someone had time to edit the models and improve the textures and add normal maps (so wish I did have time right now).

Of course, thanks again for all your work and contributions.

Pretty nice mod if you like sporty Audi sedans...

From Fecebook...

Aldin Pezo
Assetto Corsa Mod Central

6M_uzxNCcNI.png

Rising Star
· 18h ·

Release!!! Release!!! Release!!!
-------Audi RS7 C7 2016-------
-3D Model = GTA SA
-Physics = Based on Audi RS6 C6, reworked
-Animations = Wiper, Wing (speed, that can you raise manualy like in the kunos r8), DoorL, DoorR,(DoorRR,DoorLR and trunk you can only open in cm showroom),Hood,Blinkers, Display.
-Sound = Mcleran 650S.
- Csp warning lights (tyre, engine damage, tc off, tc warning,steering damage,...).
-Fully animated turn signals.
-Steering wheel is from Audi rs6 c6 (the orginal one had the old/low quality r8 steering wheel).
-Also has fuel and rpm leds that i made (the rpm led also act as shift lights. It is not OEM but nice).
-Screenshots =
Reiner Heinrich
Luka Zou
and me.
-Test Driver =
Jasper Opperman
and
Reiner Heinrich
-Encryption = No
Attention: If you want to work on the car PM me.
Big thx to
Jasper Opperman
and
Buja Gili
for helping me with the problems i had with it.
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/25xQUYqD#Em3ysC01IPGXp5xb2t23MhAAuMlgwWEzNx90qTaeyvs

131893780_1064805117277432_6892660904324275920_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have with some cars this error message when I want to start a session (practice for example), someone could help me to understand how to solve it ?
(I have this also sometimes when I quit a session ...)
Sans titre-2.png
Sans titre-1.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back