Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
Mine is in the AC root folder. I simply added an entry in Steam, works perfect, never an issue.
note: I do not add/remove mods via CM. Only manual or via JSGME. All SOL and CSP previews are via JSGME exclusively.

maybe these tips help others.

Hi, so in the file where the CSP dwrite.dl thing is?
steamapps/common/assettocorsa
yes, da, si, oui, kyla

Last edited:
NeilB1971's Pescarolo 01 evo physics rework Ver0.21
__custom_showroom_1608582559.jpg

https://mega.nz/file/6DhmCYIS#Pj4P8Gv2B9Zv1ck9LAjNVxmJXLpYEigEO3lkLStfX4k

Finally, after plethora of trials and errors, I have ended up with 4 engine versions for Pescarolo evo.

- Judd GV5.5-S2 V10/72° 4v 5496 cc N/A LMP1
- Mazda MZR-R/AER L4 4v DOHC 1997 cc 1xGarrett LMP2
- Judd DB V8/90° 4v 3397 cc N/A LMP2
- Nissan VK45DE V8/90° 4v DOHC 4494 cc N/A LMP2

I have made new aero solution, tweaked brakes, suspension... these things stay the same for all variants. I also have tried do do some BoP on LMP2 engines.
Please, let me know what do You think about this. I might do more reworks like this one in the future, but i need to know if I'm going into right direction with it.

I also ask good drivers to test it around Le Mans if its possible to break 3:30 time with LMP1 and 3:40 with LMP2.

Last edited:
NeilB1971's Pescarolo 01 evo physics rework Ver0.2
View attachment 979742
https://mega.nz/file/bGBFBSrA#3ERH-MnDXZOlofConCCu9x5yYkX9wydCLUteE1Esb3s

Finally, after plethora of trials and errors, I have ended up with 4 engine versions for Pescarolo evo.

I have made new aero solution, tweaked brakes, suspension... these things stay the same for all variants. I also have tried do do some BoP on LMP2 engines.
Please, let me know what do You think about this. I might do more reworks like this one in the future, but i need to know if I'm going into right direction with it.

I also ask good drivers to test it around Le Mans if its possible to break 3:30 time with LMP1 and 3:40 with LMP2.
This car really existing in this 4 engines ?

Hi guys do you know if the 1990 version of the hockenheimring circuit has been converted for AC, I remember that the one in RF1 was spectacular.

Some of us either don't 3d model, or cant (in my case). The most I can do is separate a mesh and cut a few faces in 3dSimed.
To do this I MUST use a TOE to press the CTL key and my ONE and ONLY hand to move the mouse.

Sorry I cant meet this standard for you, but I do thank you for your contributions.
Have you tried using a MMO mouse for daily desktop computing? I use quite a few of the shortcut keys on my Razer Naga to avoid having to touch the keyboard while editing videos, so I could definitely imagine it helping someone with one hand.

Thankfully, Assetto Corsa and its community do: here it is.

Laguna Seca RainFX

Also, as per the other member's reference of wet springs in the area, I recommend adding Mascot's Lush Green skin, available here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lush-green-laguna-seca-skin.30736/

Enjoy your Christmas in California spring!

View attachment 979692 View attachment 979693
This looks so beautiful that I think I'll only be driving there in the rain now. Who needs realistic weather patterns :cheers:

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I've done a Bentley 2018 conversion from ACC. Visually nice, Interior not fully finished.
Don't know if it should be released here, let me know. Also help with Physics and Interior (Dash) recommend.
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Safe and Merry Christmas!

Yes pleasssseee! I personally don't really mind if it's not perfect, I'd just love to have it in the game :D
Even more importantly: you have a very merry Christmas yourself too!

This car really existing in this 4 engines ?

You betcha and it's good to see an actual overhaul of this car now.

Also time to ask y'all anybody know how to fix the Williams fw08B looking all black (latest CSP and sol)

And also also

the P1/01 is finally coming a real good one

Attachments

• Screenshot_legion_williams_fw08b_spa_21-11-120-23-21-9.jpg
    Screenshot_legion_williams_fw08b_spa_21-11-120-23-21-9.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
View attachment 979742

And i'd like to point out great job on the overhaul I think you should do more of these overhauls of neil's LMP pack in the future it'll be interesting to see the other engines that were used in the other cars like the Mazda, Honda, AER etc. in the lola. (and the judd oreca 03 ;))

In light on a few comment on mod car quality or lack off, I recently read in this pages, One perfect example of the "perfect" mod is highlighted in an other great video from @SimRacing604
A mod car mentioned from @Aphidgod shows how hard work, passion and talent can bring exceptional content to AC, showing how great a SIM AC can be, but also demonstrate how many mods we encounter fall short, both in graphic accuracy and physic, but mostly physic. I am, and we should all be, grateful we have access to those lesser mods, but at the same time not forget, the myriads of outstanding mods we have available to us trough the years.
Now might be a good time, in those pages, to nominated our AC mod car and track of the year, maybe enabling all of us to retry (or even try) some outstanding mods we have had the privilege to encounter this year.

As far as track mods go, Fonteny by Fat Alfie would have to be at the top of my list, closely followed by any/all of his other track mods, which are all excellent.

I'll have to ponder longer and harder to work out what car mod to nominate. So much depends on what kind of 'flavour' I'm in the mood for.

As far as track mods go, Fonteny by Fat Alfie would have to be at the top of my list, closely followed by any/all of his other track mods, which are all excellent.

I'll have to ponder longer and harder to work out what car mod to nominate. So much depends on what kind of 'flavour' I'm in the mood for.

Fat Alfie would get my vote too, Deutschlandring to me is the perfect track it just has absolutely everything I want out of sim racing. The digital preservation of a historic track that in this case was never completed, the way it flows between the sections that are completely different to each other and filled with all that detail you expect from him. My most driven track, really really love that one :)

Always hard to choose but I'm always biased to vintage cars, so Pessio's Alfa GTAM & AD3R's Honda S800 RSC could be argued better than Kuno's quality, are both so much fun packages and I really can't choose between the two. Both got overhaul updates this year which I feel really complete them overall in terms of quality.

Last edited:
The day that we have a version of Targa that looks even remotely as good as the amazing LA Canyon mod we will be able to compare. For now I will exchange 20 version of any Targa Florio out there for one version of LA Canyon.
@Phoenix77 did a fantastic job with LA Canyon and we are very fortunate to have it in AC.

I meant in terms of difficulty. LA Canyons (26 miles) features wide, well-maintained roads, built to CalTrans standards and some (not a lot, but some) run-off area. I've driven it IRL and it's miles better than the relatively crude Mulholland Drive. As one can see from the Picolo Madonnie video, the 45-mi. road is in terrible shape, but even if it was brand new, it would still be about half the width of the Angeles Crest Highway and conform to nobody's idea of how a mountainous road (like, for instance, the Nordschleife) should be designed. Who wouldn't rather drive LA Canyons? You have about a 100X less chance of being killed.

Last edited:
Fat Alfie would get my vote too, Deutschlandring to me is the perfect track it just has absolutely everything I want out of sim racing. The digital preservation of a historic track that in this case was never completed, the way it flows between the sections that are completely different to each other and filled with all that detail you expect from him. My most driven track, really really love that one :)

Always hard to choose but I'm always biased to vintage cars, so Pessio's Alfa GTAM & AD3R's Honda S800 RSC could be argued better than Kuno's quality, are both so much fun packages and I really can't choose between the two. Both got overhaul updates this year which I feel really complete them overall in terms of quality.

Fat-Alfie and LilSki are in a league of their own, IMO.

Fat-Alfie and LilSki are in a league of their own, IMO.

100% agree, LilSki & Johnr777 collaborating on Road America got to be one of the best scratch built tracks this year, lidar mesh and loaded with quality trackside detail too. I'm curious as might have missed another up till now, but anyone know if there is any other track mods been made with animated marshals/people trackside?

Last edited:
Can someone link me where the old F1Classic forum moved too? I did mean to create an account at their new forum but never got around to it and the one I have bookmarked: https://www.f1classic.net/ says it has no forums :odd:

I want to check it out in case I'm missing out on some good mods not posted here.

Last edited:
You have about a 100X less chance of being killed.

That might be the issue right there. As dumb as it is, both in irl and AC, I've had much more fun on tight roads with sheer drops on either side.

Can someone link me where the old F1Classic forum moved too? I did mean to create an account at their new forum but never got around to it and the one I have bookmarked: https://www.f1classic.net/ says it has no forums :odd:

I want to check it out in case I'm missing out on some good mods not posted here.
That's the correct website, but last time I looked the forum had been made private. I'm not sure if someone can invite you in (surely they can?)

-- Edit -- It's no longer private, just sign up. I had to go into a private browsing window to do it.

Last edited:

It is now at the URL you listed and there is new content, though it's pretty quiet:
http://www.f1classic.net/

It appears you're already aware, but you do need to make a new membership for it as the details from the previous forum weren't transferred across.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks guys :cheers:. I got some pretty neat mods from there before it was shut down. Between F1Classic, RaceDept and here I felt pretty well covered for mods

Last edited:
View attachment 979742

I personally feel for testing the lap times of Lemans Prototype's the Kuno Spa-Farchomps is the best track for it(If the specific prototype ran at the track). The Lemans versions for Assetto Corsa lap times wise don't seem the most accurate.

I personally feel for testing the lap times of Lemans Prototype's the Kuno Spa-Farchomps is the best track for it(If the specific prototype ran at the track). The Lemans versions for Assetto Corsa lap times wise don't seem the most accurate.
Yes I agree. Ran a trial race weekend last night with 2007 grid and the cars are spot on lap times for that year but 4 seconds slower at Lemans.
If you test at Lemans you should test against a Kunos car to get some sense of BoP.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back