Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,904 comments
I have and just drove that one and it's better than GRID one. Pretty good actually.

A different asphalt road texture would be cool though.
The track is far too inaccurate on some turns, which greatly affects how you drive it.
While a lidar version would be the dream, I'd settle for a version that at least gets the turns right so that you set up for them in the same way you would on the real track.

You'd think a team as good as Guerilla claim they are would have sorted this issue by now and not have to rely on GTP members to sort their mod problems out for them

With regards to the GT4 windscreens:
I downloaded the cars and had a look at the Aston, the file in question was INTERNAL_glass.dds of which i just took a screengrab in 1024x1024 and dropped it into photoshop, let CM calculate the AO which showed me where the seperate glass panels were, with those two layers and a bit of playing around i managed to cobble together a new DDS which still has some dirt but i think it's reduced by a lot.
A completely black showroom is an extreme example to highlight the difference:
McPGcxU.png

kL5xZno.png

I attached the file for the Aston Martin Vantage, you'd have to drop it into the skin of your choice and see if it's any better. It's possible to further reduce it by playing with the alpha layer.

This would obviously be a lot easier if the fine lads (and ladies?) from guerilla mods would give us the actual files to play with.
This works great, thanks a ton!

Love the sunglare effect with dirty windshields, looks much more realistic than turning dirt completely off in CM... but always wondered why dirty windshields don't have clean sections where the windshield wipers would have cleaned... like any normal person would do when driving a car with a really dirty windshield 🤷‍♂️

Hi Mate, great work. To help a little, I added all the marshalls and marshall stands to the track. I added it to your 2.0 grandstands kn5 if interested.
Nice. Have you given some thoughts about adding flags. There are none atm, and so many empty poles...

Hi Mate, great work. To help a little, I added all the marshalls and marshall stands to the track. I added it to your 2.0 grandstands kn5 if interested.

Nice. Have you given some thoughts about adding flags. There are none atm, and so many empty poles...
I guess the best way to work with that is to create separate kn5 and a "secondary" ext_config to load it like I did ;)

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-zandvoort2020.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

I really hope some day Content Manager will permit to do this like it does with skins, that would be so much easier... 🙏

Last edited:
I don't think we'll have pescara for assettocorsa. 25.8km...

Btw having the rest would be awesome!!
@Italotracks - the gentleman who made the SUPERB Napoli street circuit (https://italotracks.sellfy.store/ if you don't have it) was working on a version of Pescara; he posted a WIP of the mesh on RD - not sure if he's still going and, if he is, which circuits he's working on at the moment, but there is at least one talented trackmodder with that dream!

Might be worth an ask in his thread, he's always very courteous: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/italotracks-payware-thread-napoli-1934-57-released.201893/

@Italotracks - the gentleman who made the SUPERB Napoli street circuit (https://italotracks.sellfy.store/ if you don't have it) was working on a version of Pescara; he posted a WIP of the mesh on RD - not sure if he's still going and, if he is, which circuits he's working on at the moment, but there is at least one talented trackmodder with that dream!

Might be worth an ask in his thread, he's always very courteous: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/italotracks-payware-thread-napoli-1934-57-released.201893/
Found this version a while back (cant remember where though) - Definitely needs some TLC

Last edited:
I guess the best way to work with that is to create separate kn5 and a "secondary" ext_config to load it like I did ;)

[INCLUDE: ext_config-pyyer-zandvoort2020.ini]
ACTIVE = 1

I really hope some day Content Manager will permit to do this like it does with skins, that would be so much easier... 🙏
Ok, so, I added all Marshall stands, Marshalls and Cranes. I will look at the flags next. Pyyer - I will send to you so you can release update. I put quality into the details, rotations, location, depth placement etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_dj_gts_t_zandvoort2020_5-8-121-16-56-43.jpg
    Screenshot_dj_gts_t_zandvoort2020_5-8-121-16-56-43.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Ok, so, I added all Marshall stands, Marshalls and Cranes. I will look at the flags next. Pyyer - I will send to you so you can release update. I put quality into the details, rotations, location, depth placement etc.
At this point @Pyyer feel free to use my ext_config and cams for your next update, so we can have a only-final version of this track if you want and maybe if you can, try to fix the semaphore texture (with my config i removed a metal plate placed in front of the lights) but the lights itself have a material name identical with the wall on the top of the pitlane building, so once fixed one texture, also the wall have the same texture as the lights.

Last edited:
Hello, why does it sometimes happen (at least to me) that at the start of a race, a car deliberately crashes into the wall, withdrawing from the race?😥

Zandvoort 2020 - Pyyer extension "grandstands2021 file" update - I updated the grandstands2021.kn5 file that came with Pyyer's 2.1 update. You can just replace the file in the track extension folder. This update will add Marshall Stands, Marshalls, Cranes and Basic Flags on the Start Finish Temp Stands.

My hope is for Pyyer to release this in his next update. I probably will end my updates here. You can use in the meantime until he release it.

Attachments

• grandstands2021.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 113
This works great, thanks a ton!

Love the sunglare effect with dirty windshields, looks much more realistic than turning dirt completely off in CM... but always wondered why dirty windshields don't have clean sections where the windshield wipers would have cleaned... like any normal person would do when driving a car with a really dirty windshield 🤷‍♂️
Maybe because windshield wipers weren't a thing initially (?), those internal glass textures were there to simulate the reflections of the dash in the windshield but obviously could have had cleaner area so who knows - i wonder whether this could be added via CSP, dirt buildup, removeable with the wipers etc

Anyways ... i checked the other cars and i'm relatively confident that the file from the Aston should work well enough for most of them apart from:
  • AMG (different location of panels, flipped right side, dirt was coming from the back)
  • Supra (for no reason the panels are rotated by 90° so don't match the texture file at all, even their standard one isn't adjusted for that)
  • Cayman (flipped right side window)

Attachments

• internal_glass.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Maybe because windshield wipers weren't a thing initially (?), those internal glass textures were there to simulate the reflections of the dash in the windshield but obviously could have had cleaner area so who knows - i wonder whether this could be added via CSP, dirt buildup, removeable with the wipers etc

Anyways ... i checked the other cars and i'm relatively confident that the file from the Aston should work well enough for most of them apart from:
  • AMG (different location of panels, flipped right side, dirt was coming from the back)
  • Supra (for no reason the panels are rotated by 90° so don't match the texture file at all, even their standard one isn't adjusted for that)
  • Cayman (flipped right side window)
Def works for the M4 and R8 as well 👍
KS cars have the perfect amount of dashboard/dirt reflection IMO

Does anyone know if and how we can change the times that track lights stay lit? Sol configurator allows changing when headlights turn on and off, does this also effect track lights? I want to keep track lights on for like an hour or so after they seem to normally go out, how would I configure this?

anybody have a link for the Porsche 959 street mod?
It was posted roughly a day ago!

This little magnifier in the upper right corner with the text "Search" besides is a really helpful tool, my friend. :cheers:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if and how we can change the times that track lights stay lit? Sol configurator allows changing when headlights turn on and off, does this also effect track lights? I want to keep track lights on for like an hour or so after they seem to normally go out, how would I configure this?
Yes, you have to set up a "condition" with the sun angle. Maybe look at the Toban raceway update ext_config for inspiration (I'm 1500km away from my pc) although that setting is to go the other way and turn off earlier i believe.

Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.03 - 21.05.06.83.png

Hello friends! Can someone help me what needs to be done so that this window does not appear when loading?
The track works fine, but this window appears when loading. Thanks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back