Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
e67bfd_b52eac9fadd84ec1b9f6093550ea6d1d_mv2.png

I remember this car was shared here some time ago, but the link seems expired. Anyone got this floating around their drives? Thanks

Ok gang. Last update before release. @KevinK2 has redone the AI and its so much better. They can now effectively race and not crash into the three walls. This was a big hurdle because if the cars couldnt actually complete more then 3 laps before writing themselves off it would make the track effectively useless. Huge thanks to Kevin. I did some laps with 30 cars last night and it was awesome.

@CrisT86 has redone the config a few times and fixed the flags.

The last hurdle is i do need to redo the groove to the new ai line so i would expect it to be late next weekend as I have to travel for work a bit this week.
Thanks to Cris and Kevin for all the help.

cVMWwuW.jpg

SE9C6tS.jpg

Sorry. F50GT Again...
It is Final Version. I hope So.

v1.2
Change Logs

1. Improved Carpaint AOs
2. Added Brake Califers AO
3. Improved Interior AOs
---> Big Thanks to UolterUait regarding Advice and Good Tutorials
4. Fixed Ambient Shadows
5. Fixed Roll_Cages_Mapping
6. Fixed Shadows of Cockpit, Especially Rear Bulkhead of Cockpit
7. Physics Updated
1) Reduce the Downforce to 1,327kg@320Kmh , V1.1 was too much.
-. According to the mulsanne corner's datas show us
F1 GTR LT : 996Kg@320kmh , Panoz GTR-1 : 1,335kg@320kmh, 333sp daytona setup : 1,340kg@320kmh,
Toyota GT One '99 : 1,594kg@320kmh, So I need to balance with FIA GT1 Contenders
2) Increase Brake Torque 3,100kg to 3,200kg
3) Top Speed is 375.7(376)kmh, It is same with Ferrari's Claim
4) 0 to 100kmh is about 2.9s
5) Increse Front Downforce from 18 ~ 20% to 38% ~ 42%, I think Understeer is Fixed.
6) A.I takes About 3m 41s to lap at sx-lemans. pre-Version took under 3m 40s.
7) Differential and Shift Timing is changed.
8. Extension config in Car Data Folder as someone's
9. Fixed Wobblying of Exhaust.
10. Lots of PBR Effect with CSP Config by UolterUait
1) Carpaint, External Carbon, External Parts and so on
2) Interior Metal, Chrome, Plastic etc.
3) Rims & Glass

Link is in the description of video.

Thank you Everyone~

Happy Race!

Some requests of modders....

I really appreciate all the work modders do and (usually) give away, but there are a few things that would make it so much easier to manage AC content:

• Name your files like Legion does, for example, "legion_lotus_51b_20210605.zip". That tells me who did the mod, what the car (or track) is, and, most importantly, what version I have.
  • Put a README file in the archive with info about the sources, tools, updates, etc. you used. Not essential, but very nice to have.
  • Proved contact info (doesn't have to be your real ID). This makes it easier for people to suggest changes, ask permission to use your work, etc.
  • Add a license. Anything from "I don't care" to "only download from..." is better than nothing, but I suggest using one of the Creative Commons licenses.

Some questions about force feedback and car mods.

I don't know anything about the mechanics of modelling and modding in AC, but I'm curios. I have noticed that some cars have good FFB and some don't. When you create a mod, are there specific FFB parameters that are part of the mod, or does bad FFB come from the physics modelling?

Thanks for considering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some requests of modders....

I really appreciate all the work modders do and (usually) give away, but there are a few things that would make it so much easier to manage AC content:

• Name your files like Legion does, for example, "legion_lotus_51b_20210605.zip". That tells me who did the mod, what the car (or track) is, and, most importantly, what version I have.
  • Put a README file in the archive with info about the sources, tools, updates, etc. you used. Not essential, but very nice to have.
  • Proved contact info (doesn't have to be your real ID). This makes it easier for people to suggest changes, ask permission to use your work, etc.
  • Add a license. Anything from "I don't care" to "only download from..." is better than nothing, but I suggest using one of the Creative Commons licenses.

Thanks for considering.
Thanks, JP. Also, in the UI files there are fields for "Author." It'd be nice if the mod's provenance was recorded there.

Last edited:
A simple question. I'm going through and fixing the missing digital readouts for the F1 2011 mod after the last update from TabsGaming. Something struck me as I was copying the updated .kn5 files to a folder to send to him if he wants them. None of the cars in this pack have Lod files in their car folder.

Should I create them and if so, where can I learn how? Now mind you, I was lucky I figured out how to get the digital readouts back since it was the first time I ever really used 3DSimEd so I know nothing about making lods. If they are not important, then I won't spend the time trying to learn how. It literally took me all day just to do the simple edits on these 12 cars when it was probably a half hours worth of work for someone who knows what they are doing..

View attachment 1109576
Content Manager has a built in LOD Generator (might have to enable developer mode) which all it needs is a free Simplygon licence. I use it all the time and it works perfectly fine imo

But if you want to do it manually, I believe the ks pipeline has some instructions on how to do so assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev

And yes, they are very important :)

Some questions about force feedback and car mods.

I don't know anything about the mechanics of modelling and modding in AC, but I'm curios. I have noticed that some cars have good FFB and some don't. When you create a mod, are there specific FFB parameters that are part of the mod, or does bad FFB come from the physics modelling?
FFB is controlled by a few things. Main one is suspension geo, in car.ini under the [CONTROLS] tab there are parameters for adjusting ffb/steering, and I believe in tyres.ini there are 2 values that also contribute to ffb (I might be misremembering so take that with a grain of salt)

Hi All. Is any body running a Reverb G2 with a Nvidia GTX 1080 card. I use a Oculus Rift S at the moment but want to upgrade. Many thanks.

Content Manager has a built in LOD Generator (might have to enable developer mode) which all it needs is a free Simplygon licence. I use it all the time and it works perfectly fine imo

But if you want to do it manually, I believe the ks pipeline has some instructions on how to do so assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev

And yes, they are very important :)
Will look into that. I sent the updated kn5 files off to TabsGaming to see if he likes them. If he does, his update won't include LODs. Maybe i'll try and make them and see if he wants to do another update. Thanks...

The new Jacarepagua mod is awesome, but man the grass... Bit weird uh ? Only happens with that specific track. Is there a way to fix that ashen look ? Even the 'greener' skin doesn't change anything. Still washed out.

Assetto Corsa 31_01_2022 21_18_42.png

The new Jacarepagua mod is awesome, but man the grass... Bit weird uh ? Only happens with that specific track. Is there a way to fix that ashen look ? Even the 'greener' skin doesn't change anything. Still washed out.

View attachment 1109726
did you changed the season to summer instead winter? In Brasil is almost impossible to see the snow (but never say never like happened in 2021)

I mean, winter there, which is our summer in europe and viceversa.

Last edited:
Sorry. F50GT Again...

v1.2
Change Logs

7. Physics Updated
F1 GTR LT : 996Kg@320kmh , Panoz GTR-1 : 1,335kg@320kmh, 333sp daytona setup : 1,340kg@320kmh,
Toyota GT One '99 : 1,594kg@320kmh, So I need to balance with FIA GT1 Contenders
Just a comment, since this is an exercise in fantasy IMO, the "reduced" number still seems high. F50GT doesn't have the overhang aero surface the F1 Longtail to work with, and it doesn't have the bespoke prototype packaging of the 333SP. It seems unlikely it would have the kind of downforce figure either one of those will have....

Hey guys!

Alpine A364 F3 updated to v1.0

full

I have added a cockpit LR to the model and arranged the objects better. Also improved the LODs now the wing does not disappear in later CSPs. Also included skins by @TonyBarracuda for more variety.

Original post is updated but also here is the link to the new version.

Download - Alpine A364 F3

Please enjoy and if you find any problems then let me know
-FaB
hello can these be useful?
preview.jpg
preview2.jpg
preview3.jpg
preview5.jpg
preview6.jpg
preview7.jpg

Sorry. F50GT Again...

v1.2
Change Logs

1. Improved Carpaint AOs
2. Added Brake Califers AO
3. Improved Interior AOs
---> Big Thanks to UolterUait regarding Advice and Good Tutorials
4. Fixed Ambient Shadows
5. Fixed Roll_Cages_Mapping
6. Fixed Shadows of Cockpit, Especially Rear Bulkhead of Cockpit
7. Physics Updated
2) Increase Brake Torque 3,100kg to 3,200kg
3) Top Speed is 375.7(376)kmh, It is same with Ferrari's Claim
4) 0 to 100kmh is about 2.9s
5) Increse Front Downforce from 18 ~ 20% to 38% ~ 42%, I think Understeer is Fixed.
6) A.I takes About 3m 41s to lap at sx-lemans. pre-Version took under 3m 40s.
7) Differential and Shift Timing is changed.
8. Extension config in Car Data Folder as someone's
9. Fixed Wobblying of Exhaust.
10. Lots of PBR Effect with CSP Config by UolterUait
1) Carpaint, External Carbon, External Parts and so on
2) Interior Metal, Chrome, Plastic etc.
3) Rims & Glass

Link is in the description of video.

Thank you Everyone~

Happy Race!

Looks good, except in VR, the wiper arm is distorted and looks like an upside down V. It's right in front of the driver's position, and it moves around and distorts more as the car is driven. It doesn't look like that in 2D, but only in VR. Can't drive it, or I'll become cross-eyed. :boggled:

did you changed the season to summer instead winter? In Brasil is almost impossible to see the snow (but never say never like happened in 2021)

I mean, winter there, which is our summer in europe and viceversa.
Then why is your track the only one affected ? VheEth's Brazilian tracks are fine... And the date stays the same.

Bah, it's alright. I'll figure it out.

My question to you would be: define bad FFB?
I usually test new downloads at Goodwood. The car that inspired my question had excessive wheel rattling at the end of the start/finish straight. That's a slightly bumpy stretch, but in a good mod the you feel the bumps but the wheel doensn't jump around. Despite the excessive "road feel" in the problem car, it also had a lack of feel while cornering and a sloppy center dead zone. There are many, many mods that don't have these issues.

Note: I have a G29. It's not a DD but I'm generally happy with it; what I'm talking about here is the difference in FFB between different cars.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back