Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
I just purchased the MSF F1 2004 mod, its a very decent effort, but one thing that is quite distracting is the shiny textures of the cars...is there anything i can do about this? I have tried adding a dark alpha channel in photoshop which just made the colours a bit richer and darker...it did not remove the plastic appearance of the cars. If it wasnt for this there isnt much wrong with it at all. Other than the £13 price tag.

Attachments

• 20220227204311_1.jpg
    20220227204311_1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi guys, does anyone know where to find the button or section in the content manager to operate the car windscreen wipers?

Last edited:
I just purchased the MSF F1 2004 mod, its a very decent effort, but one thing that is quite distracting is the shiny textures of the cars...is there anything i can do about this? I have tried adding a dark alpha channel in photoshop which just made the colours a bit richer and darker...it did not remove the plastic appearance of the cars. If it wasnt for this there isnt much wrong with it at all. Other than the £13 price tag.
ask them for a fix? For almost 16€... come on... it's the minimum they can do to find a fix for it.

You sure you use the last version of the cars? They were really "skatey" in beta versions, but last final versions drive much better. Really nice actually. Surprised how nice they feel. Not used to that from asr in the past (especially the mclaren). And I did compare the lap times of 100% AI with real results, and they were on par with top lap times in race pace almost everywhere. Of course this is 5 to 8 seconds slower than lap times in real life qualifying. I don't remember that far back what the deal was, and why every race pace was 5 and more seconds slower than qualy pace, but that's how it was. But anyway if you want to make them faster, you need better tyres, with more grip. The RSS V12 90 has much gripier tyres, so you should try replacing the cars tyres with those. That what I was doing for beta asr cars, when they were even 5 seconds slower than last versions. But as said, don't see the need for that now.
Excuse me, i'm probably doing something wrong, but i can't change the tires to RSS V12 90
Screenshot_1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 11
Easy to do in Content Manager. CM Showroom, Paintshop, then adjust reflectons in there.
Remember to save.
Screenshot (17).png

£13 for a F2004 mod??? :boggled::boggled::boggled: It must be the greatest car mod ever made considering the Kunos F2004 is already incredible!

Last edited:
It's got serious LOD issues in the wheels. Check out Luca Ponz preview video on it. They're popping in and out like crazy!
Change the lod distance. Mine:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=25

[LOD_0]
FILE=gp_2022_f175.kn5
IN=0
OUT=2500

[LOD_1]
IN=2500
OUT=4500
FILE=gp_2022_f175_lod_b.kn5

[LOD_2]
IN=4500
OUT=20000
FILE=gp_2022_f175_lod_c.kn5

Last edited:
Anyone else seen these payware mods yet?

It's the team behind that Alfa Giulia Super Ti that went up on Racedepartment last year. Some interesting choices in terms of race cars being modelled such as the Renault 504, Falcon Sprint and Fiat 1500 which look really interesting.

Anyone know if they are scratch made or at least have permission if not?

Bad news is even though I would be interested in buying quite a few of these, at £25 per car the prices are ridiculous! Can't see that many people buying these at that price which is a shame as the quality looks alright judging by the screenshots, but I could never justify that price for 1 car and no scratch made audio either. The Alfa they released for free was decent, but was way too overpowered so took real data from someone else to fix.

View attachment 1118083
Can someone confirm how much these are?
I cant see a price and dont fancy clicking the paypal link.
I'll purchase some of these if under £15.

Hey guys, hopefully somebody can help me. I got a problem in VR. It was running perfectly, now I have the following problem:

When I start a race and the race menu appears on the left side of the screen, everything seems alright and I click the first left button to start driving the session. But when I pause the game to go back to pits or I try to go into the setup options the small yellow dot which normally shows where the "mouse" is pointing at in the VR screen is now way off to the left and I cannot select anything. Also I am not able to see the app menu when you go to the right of the screen.
Thanks for your help.

Using a Reverb G2 btw.
Is AC window maximised and active (top of the pile of windows) on the desktop view? Sometimes i unknowingly have steamvr settings or realheadmotion window on top of AC window on desktop view, so the computer thinks I am moving the mouse over those windows and doesn't track the mouse movement with the yellow dot in the vr view of AC so I can't move or click in vr view. Alt-tab and minimising anything in the way of AC window on the desktop fixes the problem for me. Maybe similar for you?

Hi guys, does anyone know where to find the button or section in the content manager to operate the car windscreen wipers?

It’s been a minute but I’m pretty sure you can select wiper control method (auto, manual)in the SOL planner app in game.

View attachment 1118080
I know it's not your mod, but possibly you can still help me out. In the speedometer, there is a value at the marked spot that keeps fluctuating (up and down) as you drive. I guess it is usually supposed to represent the mileage. Do you know if i can quickly correct this myself in some ini?
This looks like a fuel estimation, try increase/lower your amount of fuel in the pits and see if the number changes - if it's this, it's realistic that it fluctuates.

What would need to be changed in a cars data files, a formula car in particular to prevent accidentally downshifting into neutral? I noticed some cars will not allow that to happen but others will.

Last edited:
This looks like a fuel estimation, try increase/lower your amount of fuel in the pits and see if the number changes - if it's this, it's realistic that it fluctuates.
You were right. I tested your tip and it was indeed the case that the value changed depending on the filling level. Thanks for your help. 🙋‍♂️ I might have guessed that the value was supposed to be the remaining range if it had fluctuated a bit more realistically. :D

I think I've found a treasure here...Quite a bunch of recycled stuff but also some Inédit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-141258_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228-141258_Facebook.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 21
Hello, hope the community can help me. I want to balance the LMH cars in Le Mans in terms of fuel consumption. I have tested with the GR010 and it uses only 4.0 l per lap which is too low for Le Mans. So I changed the value in car.ini and now it takes 7.2 l per lap which is perfect. But my problem is the AI always uses about 10% more fuel than me in the same car. So I checked the log.ini under documents and when every AI car calculates its laps there is a "with mult=1.100000" behind, which would corospond to my 10%. Do you know how to get this multiplier to 1.0?
Regards hilde86

Last edited:
Hello, hope the community can help me. I want to balance the LMH cars in Le Mans in terms of fuel consumption. I have tested with the GR010 and it uses only 4.0 l per lap which is too low for Le Mans. So I changed the value in car.ini and now it takes 7.2 l per lap which is perfect. But my problem is the AI always uses about 10% more fuel than me in the same car. So I checked the log.ini under documents and when every AI car calculates its laps there is a "with mult=1.100000" behind, which would corospond to my 10%. Do you know how to get this multiplier to 1.0?
Regards hilde86
IMO, those 10% are due to the ai.ini file, have a look at this parameter:
GASGAIN=1.7
Unfortunatly, every modification will alter the perfs of all the ai

DoWiRu

Last edited:
Easy to do in Content Manager. CM Showroom, Paintshop, then adjust reflectons in there.
Remember to save.View attachment 1118216
Thanks for that tip by the way, it worked a treat. From speaking to someone over at RD it might actually be something to do with my pp filter. He has also bought the mod by doesn't have those issues. It could just be that maybe we are running different CSP versions? Anyways, thanks, I now have normal shaded cars.

Excuse me, i'm probably doing something wrong, but i can't change the tires to RSS V12 90
You can't do it with CM. You have to edit the data.acd file. Here, i've replaced the tyres on McLaren and Benetton for you to try. Also reduced the weight as others said. Both cars are now aproximatly 3-5 seconds a lap faster depending on the track. In 1991 qualy pace was 5 seconds faster than race pace, so this will put cars closer to qualy pace (depending on track, somwhere even exactly at that pace), but the cars are now too fast for race pace. As you wish. If you don't like it, I included original data.acd file in seperate folder so you can go back. If this is something that you like, I can make all the other cars for you. Remove .txt behind the file and extract to correct folder.

This a test qualy at Spa 1993 (Bennetton and Mclaren on RSS tyres, Senna and Piquet had some traffic I guess, but you can still see the difference):

spa-1993.png

and this actual race from wiki:

spa2.png

Attachments

• asr-new-tyes-mcl-ben.zip.txt
    174.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hi. Maybe somebody is interested. I've done small skinpack for TCR Eastern Europe.

00.jpg

Full grid for 2021 TCR Eastern Europe Series. Pack includes:

#1 Bartosz Groszek (Audi RS3 LMS TCR by WSC)
1.jpg

#38 Radim Adamek (Audi RS3 LMS TCR by WSC)
38.jpg

#2 Tomasz Rzepecki (Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR by Tamas Pongracz)
2.jpg

#3 Giacomo Ghermandi (Cupra Leon Competición 2020 by TM-modding)
3.jpg

#11 Tomas Pekar (Cupra Leon Competición 2020 by TM-modding)
11.jpg

#23 Sebastian Steibel (Cupra Leon Competición 2020 by TM-modding)
23.jpg

#31 Milovan Vesnic (Audi RS3 LMS TCR by WSC)
31.jpg

#33 Sanel Cehic (Audi RS3 LMS TCR by WSC)
33.jpg
#53 Lukasz Stolarczyk (Audi RS3 LMS TCR by WSC)
53.jpg

#74 Zarko Knego (Cupra Leon Competición 2020 by TM-modding)
74.jpg
Big thanks to TM-modding for fantastic Cupra car includes liveries for:
#76 Petr Cizek
#22 Carol Wittke
#96 Petr Fulin

Also recommend livery by jirka2951
#44 Michal Makes

With that 4 skins we have full grid of this serie!

Tyres by nsss

0.jpg

Here is download link:
DOWNLOAD - TCR EE 2021 by walczu

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back