Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,611 comments
I know, it's blasphemy but looks like SD made a pretty decent update to their GP2022 cars.

I like this new CSP addition of a custom driver hand animation. So far I’ve seen the flicking up of the Visor(RSS 1970 V8) and the raised fist here. Someone surely will make a hand wave, a ‘WTF’ gesture like in F1 2022, and of course, the classic David Coulthard ‘other gestures’, from Magny-Cours 2000. :D

Last edited:
On the Pyyer Zandvoort extension, is anyone else getting massive amounts of Z fighting on the billboards? In his video, it does not show it so it seems to be an issue on my end. Possibly a CSP or settings issue??? Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with it as well or knows of a way to fix it.
I'm having the same issue with a few track extensions recently and would also appreciate any tips on how to solve z-fighting on billboards. I find it happens more on distant ones, then as I get closer the flickering on the billboard in question gradually diminishes. I was wondering if it had something to do with the far plane settings? :indiff:

Last edited:
Actually ... that is weird. I've created the LODs last saturday and checked immediately at Muggelo if they are working like they should. And they looked fine to me ... with some adjustments to the switching distance.

Could you do me a favor and recheck at Mugello please?

Fun fact: While I was adjusting the suspension a couple of version ago I let some people drive the car to get some feedback how it feels due to lack of real data. Most of them complained that it was too hard to drive, so I changed some settings to make it a tad more understeering. But some of my testers still thought it is too hard to drive while others thought its fine now. To my personal taste it is too understeering, but you always have to compromise.

As @DaWallace already wrote, the minor problems occured with v1.75 will be fixed and we'll create a new folder for this car which the Frenchy cant update anymore. I fought with myself if I should comment this, bc long time members of this board know his nature of updating cars, but there are always new members which arent in the mood to read 3.566 pages. Kind of understandable but guys, you'll learn a lot if you take the time to read'em. :cheers:

Anyways, lets take a short look at this update to v2.0

Nice, but the car_paint_MAP.dds in skins are now at least twice the size they were before. Recommended file size for a skin is 20MB, which is now a little bit exceeded. To quote one of his updates in the past:
Code:
Update previews in kunos standard
Those standards seem to be fine as long as they fit his needs, beside that they will be obviously ignored.
Code:
Fix tyres.ini
Actually that was a totally minor error I've introduced with v1.61, which didnt effect the physics in any way. Rear tyres just had a second entry SHORT_NAME, which was completely ignored by AC. But for sure this fix was worth to be mentioned.
Code:
Add part of the interior texture of the 1.75
It remains the new dashboard added
So basicly he stole all the work from @DaWallace without even credit him for his work.
Code:
Restore Tranparent Banner
Add colorful shadowing in ext_config.ini
Didnt even notice the banner was broken and another line of code is always worth an update.
Code:
Add main_geometry.vao-patch
To my knowledge and maybe I'm wrong here the file has to be named like the main kn5 of the car, and this file was always included since I decided to give a little bit of love to this car. So maybe I'm wrong and I would be grateful if someone can enlighten me if kn5-name.vao-patch is correct or if using main_geometry.vao-patch is correct.

And to finish this here a little note for the easy one, who has a new account at GTP as we all know: Since you've flooded me with messages in discord and decided to ignore me after my response that we'll fix those minor errors, for blocking @DaWallace you're now also blocked by myself. Have a good life.
I assume the skins from Johnny23 need all be adapted to your latest update then? So please tell me you will include them in your (hopefully) final update now?

I'm having the same issue with a few track extensions recently and would also appreciate any tips on how to solve z-fighting on billboards. I find it happens more on distant ones, then as I get closer the flickering on the billboard in question gradually diminishes. I was wondering if it had something to do with the far plane settings? :indiff:
I've always found playing with 'smart shadow' settings helps me reduce/eliminate z fighting. YMMV.

Hello, I am looking for Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 or any electric mercedes. Does anyone have a link? There was a link in this thread but it expired.

I've always found playing with 'smart shadow' settings helps me reduce/eliminate z fighting. YMMV.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

What is it do you do with your 'Smart Shadow' settings? Do you just turn them off, or do you alter something specific?

Fun fact: While I was adjusting the suspension a couple of version ago I let some people drive the car to get some feedback how it feels due to lack of real data. Most of them complained that it was too hard to drive, so I changed some settings to make it a tad more understeering. But some of my testers still thought it is too hard to drive while others thought its fine now. To my personal taste it is too understeering, but you always have to compromise.
I feel the car is too easy to drive. It is very stable through turns. I would expect this car to have a bit of a bite to it if you do not have proper throttle control.

Hello, I am looking for Mercedes-Benz EQS 580 or any electric mercedes. Does anyone have a link? There was a link in this thread but it expired.
hi, do a duckduck search for "site:sharemods.com mercedes_eqs580_2022" et voila... :)

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

What is it do you do with your 'Smart Shadow' settings? Do you just turn them off, or do you alter something specific?
Method usually goes, toggle extension on/off to see if it helps then just general jiggery pokery until I have the best result. Currently, I have lazier updates off, 100m added to fourth cascade and the overhang multiplier set to 50%.

i didn't expect this positive Feedback to our 1.75 version, especially after we/i realized that i forgot to implement some things with my interior rework after release.
Pfalzdriver and i will fix all these things and maybe i can add some more small details to the car.
And i will do a skin package, a tyres package and wheelcover package as separate folder. So everyone can easily change tyres and wheelcovers he wants.

Might be the final update for the Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak. V0.83
Thanks to Raymond Racing, adjustable front to rear power distribution is now available.

Last edited:
Yeah its a bit off from a release, its functional though but needs refining and i want to delve into the series and get a bit of info on power etc, at a guess its basically a silhouette car with some chassis that's used on something else so hopefully relatively simple.

I'll get it as far as i can anyway.
One issue I have had with this mod is the drivers helmet visor disappears until you zoom in on track, and the driver in invisible in CM Showroom, so clearly the glass has borked somewhere.

I hope it helps you.

ive decided to make a SDD W13 halo mod that puts the new halo on the SDD car the mercedes ran in the hungary 2022 grand prix

heres the link:
Credits for the halo: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/bensrac32.323327/#recent-content go check out bensrack32s amazing content

And also thank you to jaygo#1905 for telling me step by step how to do this

Attachments

• fix.png
    fix.png
    303 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
i didn't expect this positive Feedback to our 1.75 version, especially after we/i realized that i forgot to implement some things with my interior rework after release.
Pfalzdriver and i will fix all these things and maybe i can add some more small details to the car.
And i will do a skin package, a tyres package and wheelcover package as separate folder. So everyone can easily change tyres and wheelcovers he wants.
Maybe you don´t know, but there is also a nice soundmod available:

was
Maybe you don´t know, but there is also a nice soundmod available:

It's already included since some or a version before? Added it, but realised it was already in there. If AMA Fmod is not mentioned before, we will give him credit too. Didn't checked all the changelogs before.

Last edited:
He deleted his download button because some people were just following, then downloading and then leaving again. I understand his decision fully.
One of the patreon modders has finally woken up to that then. Hope they all don't. You can pay 2-4 quid and download a whole bunch of mods then cancel, as opposed to each mod being £2. Patreon is a gift. :D

Is there anyway to make a car faster via the Content Manager grid Ballast and Restrictor? It seems we can only add weight & reduce power, but i'd like to do the opposite, without editing the data.acd.

I want to make my ASR F1 1991 Williams FW14 cars faster for my custom 1992 grid, as there's no FW14B yet.

Last edited:
the next Venturi has joined the BPR 1994 grid :-)

View attachment 1192480

I hope you like it.
A+
Daniel
nice livery but unfortinately quality of this mod is very low :-(

The main problem of this mod is, that the model doesn't have the correct size.
It is MONSTER large!!

Any chance to resize the model to bring it to its original size?

Guys anyone knows how to change the caster numbers on modded cars in Assetto Corsa?

I can't seem to find it in any of the suspension config files
I'm no expert, but since no one has answered, let me give it a shot.
I don't believe the castor is directly editable.
Different suspension types do it differently, but if you look in suspensions.ini for a car which uses DWB (Double WishBone) suspension, you'll find (example):

WBCAR_TOP_FRONT=0.4654, 0.1025, 0.045
WBCAR_TOP_REAR=0.3935, 0.0925, -0.21
WBCAR_BOTTOM_FRONT=0.5363, -0.1025, 0.06
WBCAR_BOTTOM_REAR=0.4191, -0.0988, -0.2253
WBTYRE_TOP=0.1229, 0.1425, -0.005
WBTYRE_BOTTOM=0.0753, -0.0825, 0.035

Seems like these values describe the 4x DWB suspension mounting points on the chassis (WBCAR_xxx), and the 2x wheel upright top and bottom (WBTYRE_xxx). The difference between the top and bottom WBTYRE_xxx in the y-axis (front-back) would produce the castor angle. I'm not sure which point they are all in reference to, but for your purpose that's not important. Just remember that in AC the y-axis is positive at the back and negative at the front. So, assuming (!) X,Y,Z then making second value in the WBTYRE_TOP thruple larger (more positive) would create more castor. Smaller (or more negative) would reduce castor. The numbers are in meters judging from other suspension values, so small changes, yes?

Hope that give you a lead to work from. Please make backups.

:cheers:

Daggnabit. Ninja'd by @Beezer215 (and I might be wrong about Y/second)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back