Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,611 comments
Oh nice, EASY is bored and just released 2.0🤣
I bet he forgot to mention me in the credits😆
Bet won

cRx1cx5wiW.png

....The M1 Procar is one of my very favourite cars in AC and it keeps getting better and better...
Agree, only thing is... isn't too easy (no double meaning, please) to drive?

Obviously I never drove this beast (apart from Scalextric slot car when I was a kid) so I don't know how was the real thing. I expected a little more spicy behaviour for a car of this era, but this version have good manners... almost too good manners.

and he binned all the interior work, because he used the old kn5 file. so, its now again on the same status from 1.65
🤦‍♂️ good work, french toast

oh, ah yes.... he used my new dashboard too. nice. i hate this guy🙄
Btw, on your fresh update lods are black, at least for me. Could you re-check this?

aren't REPSOL skins really sexy......

perspective.JPG

this is my latest addition to the BPR 1994 grid. You can find the skin on racedepartment.

I found the car on assettoworld and the author is "claudio".
A+
Daniel

Why not release it as a new car with its own distinct folder to keep it separate from other ones out there?
excatly what i thought too. but I'm afraid that actk might then take over the same folder name and release it as his version again and with autoupdate in cm too. but i will rename the next version. and as i saw and i got some responds from others, he ****ed up the 2.0 version. he does a quick and dirty patch and didn't checked all the things i changed. someone said it doesnt look good now with his version and downgraded to 1.75 again.

it will take some time for my new patch, because of my job, but i will work as soon as possible on the update.

edit: btw EASY banned me from his discord😂 i didnt wrote anything there, just wrote him a pm that he forgot to mention me for the textures and the new dash he used in his v2.0. oh, and blocked pm now too 🤦‍♂️ 😂

Last edited:
I have updated my ADAC GT Cup 1995 Porsche 964 RSR used by Stadler Motorsport with #33. The car was used in the 1994 BPR season and was bought by Stadler Motorsport to enter it in the 1995 GTCup Season.

I hope you like it :-)

Daniel

CM just gave me that in auto-update...
View attachment 1192269

Should we still wait for an improved version @DaWallace ?

Edit; checked the source from the update, it is directly brought from ACTK....so I wait for your update.
Never did know or noticed, CM did do an auto update on car (&track??) mods. Is there an specific adjustment for this and can a member please show this?
BTW, I’m using the full version of CM.

Last edited:
Never did know or noticed, CM did do an auto update on car (&track??) mods. Is there an specific adjustment for this and can a member please show this?
BTW, I’m using the full version of CM.
Go to settings --> content and make sure this here is properly filled in.

1663010160259.png

Should be in by default I guess. If a modder sends his update to this, CM recognizes it and does the update.

You need to set VERSION = extended-2 for it to work, otherwise it doesn't do anything.

if you really wanna test to make sure it's a car issue, use a kunos track, open rain debug app and set everything to 100%. Then drive around and see
In this case I think it is a car issue. Modified Renault's car.ini and still no real differences in laptime(used Kunos's Redbull Ring this time). Changed to MBNA's M2 and I can barely keep the car in the straight line in the exact same condition......

A quick skin for some Scottish billboards for Misty Loch.

Great work guys.

Nice job! I had a similar one ready a few weeks ago, then lost it when updating one of the many test builds. You just saved me having to redo it. :)

As I'm a little slow, tonight I made a small adaptation on the Ferrari 312B2/71 to create the version of the 1971 British Grand Prix.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 19_59_51.png
    Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 19_59_51.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 20_00_18.png
    Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 20_00_18.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 20_00_33.png
    Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 20_00_33.png
    360 KB · Views: 29
  • Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 20_00_59.png
    Assetto Corsa 12_09_2022 20_00_59.png
    357.6 KB · Views: 30
In this case I think it is a car issue. Modified Renault's car.ini and still no real differences in laptime(used Kunos's Redbull Ring this time). Changed to MBNA's M2 and I can barely keep the car in the straight line in the exact same condition......
Can you even get the renault to work with ex-2 enabled lol (also with data.acd deleted) ? It borkes for me

if you can, can you send the car as it currently is

Hi everyone. Does anyone know if it would be possible to change the font of the Bayro 4 GT3 (M4) dashboard to the original font of the car? The original font for the BMW M4 GT3 is the CPMono_v07 Plain. Font files attached. tks

1663033411552.png

Attachments

• CPMono_v07 Plain.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 17
These are the only ACTK cars (curently) being auto-updated:
actk_citroen_ax_proto
"1.6"
actk_ferrari_312pb"2.3"
actk_ford_gt40_mk4"1.2"
actk_ford_gt40mk2"1.9"
actk_lancia_stratos_gr4"1.3"
actk_lola_t290"2.1"
actk_mclaren_m1b"2.1"
actk_porsche_911_997_gt3_rsr"3.1"
actk_porsche_924_gtp"2.3"
actk_renault5_turbo_r"1.4"

Last edited:
Btw, on your fresh update lods are black, at least for me. Could you re-check this?
Actually ... that is weird. I've created the LODs last saturday and checked immediately at Muggelo if they are working like they should. And they looked fine to me ... with some adjustments to the switching distance.

Could you do me a favor and recheck at Mugello please?
Obviously I never drove this beast (apart from Scalextric slot car when I was a kid) so I don't know how was the real thing. I expected a little more spicy behaviour for a car of this era, but this version have good manners... almost too good manners.
Fun fact: While I was adjusting the suspension a couple of version ago I let some people drive the car to get some feedback how it feels due to lack of real data. Most of them complained that it was too hard to drive, so I changed some settings to make it a tad more understeering. But some of my testers still thought it is too hard to drive while others thought its fine now. To my personal taste it is too understeering, but you always have to compromise.

As @DaWallace already wrote, the minor problems occured with v1.75 will be fixed and we'll create a new folder for this car which the Frenchy cant update anymore. I fought with myself if I should comment this, bc long time members of this board know his nature of updating cars, but there are always new members which arent in the mood to read 3.566 pages. Kind of understandable but guys, you'll learn a lot if you take the time to read'em. :cheers:

Anyways, lets take a short look at this update to v2.0
Add new skins with dxt5 optimization
Nice, but the car_paint_MAP.dds in skins are now at least twice the size they were before. Recommended file size for a skin is 20MB, which is now a little bit exceeded. To quote one of his updates in the past:
Code:
Update previews in kunos standard
Those standards seem to be fine as long as they fit his needs, beside that they will be obviously ignored.
Code:
Fix tyres.ini
Actually that was a totally minor error I've introduced with v1.61, which didnt effect the physics in any way. Rear tyres just had a second entry SHORT_NAME, which was completely ignored by AC. But for sure this fix was worth to be mentioned.
Code:
Add part of the interior texture of the 1.75
It remains the new dashboard added
So basicly he stole all the work from @DaWallace without even credit him for his work.
Code:
Restore Tranparent Banner
Add colorful shadowing in ext_config.ini
Didnt even notice the banner was broken and another line of code is always worth an update.
Code:
Add main_geometry.vao-patch
To my knowledge and maybe I'm wrong here the file has to be named like the main kn5 of the car, and this file was always included since I decided to give a little bit of love to this car. So maybe I'm wrong and I would be grateful if someone can enlighten me if kn5-name.vao-patch is correct or if using main_geometry.vao-patch is correct.

And to finish this here a little note for the easy one, who has a new account at GTP as we all know: Since you've flooded me with messages in discord and decided to ignore me after my response that we'll fix those minor errors, for blocking @DaWallace you're now also blocked by myself. Have a good life.

wow!! I loved the Stock Car Light back in the rFactor days. Is it available for AC or is it WIP?
Yeah its a bit off from a release, its functional though but needs refining and i want to delve into the series and get a bit of info on power etc, at a guess its basically a silhouette car with some chassis that's used on something else so hopefully relatively simple.

I'll get it as far as i can anyway.
One issue I have had with this mod is the drivers helmet visor disappears until you zoom in on track, and the driver in invisible in CM Showroom, so clearly the glass has borked somewhere.

Guys anyone knows how to change the caster numbers on modded cars in Assetto Corsa?

I can't seem to find it in any of the suspension config files

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back