Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,847 comments
That Ford GT90 isn't a bad car once you tone down the garish interior by 99% (ksAmbient all the way down to 0.02 for a lot of materials, lol). Why do so many mods have silly saturation in the cockpits? Kunos recommend ksAmbient 0.4 but that depends on the source material. A lot of modders just use that value even if it looks awful. Those parameters are supposed to be adjusted until it looks right, not just blindly followed.

The Navi version of this car has the spoiler deploying at speed but the original RTM version has it acting like an air brake, which looks a lot cooler.
Wonder which one's correct?

See... no one cares....

Thanks for thinking along.
But I'm guessing it would be easier to keep both versions apart, like @slider666 has done. Lots of things have been added and changed and I believe it will become a mess otherwise.

Edit: I seperated the two tracks and as I suspected it solved the 'issue' I had. Both versions are now taking advantage of the different .ini files.
I've done the same and treated them as two different tracks, using the different ini files posted for each.. that's what's working best for me.

Our small league used the 2019 version posted earlier to rerun the French gp this evening... Different result mind you, #20 KMag won... #55 Carlos Jr (me) 2nd, #27 the Hulk 3rd..... 45 lap race in AC... RSS 2019 hybrid.... We only have 6 on the grid though lol.

RBR ...next weekend, one of my favs.

I did some quick research and RTM were wrong to use the spoiler as an air brake. Your modification where it deploys at speed is the correct way:

"It sports a tinted, laminated glass bubble over the cockpit and a spoiler that rises off the rear deck at high speeds"

https://www.supercars.net/blog/1995-ford-gt90-concept/

yeah i said the car is wrong in the first place. Its being to high and the interior doesnt match up to the real one. I just felt the GT90 couldnt needed some refinement as more people driving it. I felt bad paying so much for not so great car what could have been from the start. There are more things that doenst add up . for example we used 1 turbo instead of the original 4.

I just made it a slight better. with animation uvmapping and correct wheels . (centerthingie)

friend of mine asked me to share this.
He only took the layouts from v097 and did some work to implement them in 2019 version

this is not his work neither mine. Credits are of people who made
- Paul Ricard v097
- Paul Ricard 2019 (in this forum)
- Paul Ricard extension cfg for 2019 version (in this forum)

https://sharemods.com/hg0496cmoebg/PaulRicardv0972019.7z.html
Thank you for the 2019 version.
There is a problem with the curb. "KEY = KERBS" in "surfaces.ini" is incorrect. It has been changed to "KEY = KERBS2".

We are all friends sharing the same passion for AC in particular and all sim in general in this thread, if one or some of us says it is garbage to him, it is because that is what he is unfortunately experiencing and has almost a duty to this group to express his justified concerns. Some time we can help, some time we can’t, but you will never know until you express your concerns.

have to totally agree with this. I love Kunos and racing games in general.

For me it is just sad to see the Team struggeling with Unreal Engine 4 which they said themself is a nightmare to programm a simulation in and what a set back it must be for them to see ACC not performing well after developing it for years and probably years to come.

On the other hand they made false statements like "matchmaking", a in-game skin editor or a Q1 2019 release which they didnt fulfill and then said that they never made these statements in the first place.

I am just surprised that Kunos decided to make a GT3 only game in the first place after AC was such a success and had a completley different focus.
Does someone know if they decided themself to make the game or if Blancpain wanted them to make it in the first place?
I hope that Kunos can move on quickly from ACC because UN4 and being the "official Blancpain game" makes adding different kind of content not really possible.

COPO CAMARO

37611_2.jpg

Now we need some fast AI_lines too :P I made one for the GP layout and GT3 were 1 second faster than the original AI_lines. Can share it tonight when i'm home. Need some work on AI_lines for the BlancPain variation ^^

can you please remove this post? RTM is lurking here and I dont want them to ban this chinese guy when he tries to buy other mods
EDIT:
Please note that dragster666 does not mention you need baidu to download from this guy. If you don't know what Baidu is, Google is your friend :)

same for you because the link is still active in your reply

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back