Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
you have to agree with me that an AC2 would not have only a third of the daily players of AC after the release

Agreed, absolutely, but ACC is not and was never meant to be AC2. It does not replace AC, it is an addition, more like a super DLC and a laboratory on using UE4 in a controlled environment.

The problem is that AC offers everything that ACC got and so much more

AC is the ultimate sandbox, it is one of a kind. Between original content and mod content and new features, one could stay within AC always and not miss much. But driving at night and/or in the rain in ACC cruelly shows the limitations of shader/sol/etc.. add ons. It is fantastic to have AC go that far and a great improvement over vanilla AC, and we should all be eternally thankful to the genius and hard work of those guys. But ACC with UE4, limited in content as it is, blows AC out of the water graphically.

ACC looks like hot jagged garbage and runs like a broken slide show on my 980ti/6600k combo. I'll maybe revisit it if/when I upgrade my hardware, but for me personally right now it's a technical flustercluck that's not worth my time.

ACC with UE4, limited in content as it is, blows AC out of the water graphically.

On my system (2K Asus MX34VQ + i5 + 1080ti with small oc + 16gb mem + Samsung Evo 970 pro m.2 + stripped ver Win 10) ACC runs @ a locked 100fps and is buttery smooth, visually nothing comes close.... It's jaw dropping for me.

As you say AC + Sol + shaders is good but it's never going to get anywhere near ACC visually, neither's the ffb.

ACC looks like hot jagged garbage and runs like a broken slide show on my 980ti/6600k combo. I'll maybe revisit it if/when I upgrade my hardware, but for me personally right now it's a technical flustercluck that's not worth my time.
I know you would prefer that ACC runs as well for you as it does for me. I wished I could help as I feel sorry for you.
You are not the only one with major issues and I am not the only having it run really nice. Let’s hope one day we will share the same great ACC experience.

I created the new layout(pit entry/exit) of Paul Ricard for 2019 for my league based on Paul Ricard v0.9.7.
Changes:
  • Adjusted asphalt color

Thank you for shared these nice 2019 improvements. Only asphalt color is imho way to dark.
I´d seen the F1 race these afternoon and the road isn´t so dark/black as in your version.
I modified it a little bit and whoever wants can use it too. :)

before:
Paul_Ricard_F1_2019_02_before.jpg

after:
Paul_Ricard_F1_2019_02_after.jpg

original race screenshots:
Paul_Ricard_F1_2019_00.jpg

Paul_Ricard_F1_2019_01.jpg

Extract ini in ..\extensions\config\tracks\

Attachments

• paul_ricard_2019.zip
    872 bytes · Views: 92
btw can you please you guys stop making acc the most garbage game ever
We are all friends sharing the same passion for AC in particular and all sim in general in this thread, if one or some of us says it is garbage to him, it is because that is what he is unfortunately experiencing and has almost a duty to this group to express his justified concerns. Some time we can help, some time we can’t, but you will never know until you express your concerns.

They tried making a GT4 car but accidentally made a GT3 car(in terms of speed), I complained to them and they told me to fix it myself.

Is that a paid car? In that case, I believe they are giving you permission to modify it, and since it becomes your own work as well, to share it.

Last edited:
Thank you for shared these nice 2019 improvements. Only asphalt color is imho way to dark.
I´d seen the F1 race these afternoon and the road isn´t so dark/black as in your version.
I modified it a little bit and whoever wants can use it too. :)

This is indeed closer to RL. Thanks.
Now, before I start messing myself... :D ... is there a way to have the same asphalt colour in the other layouts too.
The paul_ricard.ini file I have in extensions is very brief:
[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT = 1

If I - lets say - change the name of your .ini file to paul_ricard (leaving out the _2019 part), would that do ? 💡
Or is it more complicated than that ?

Edit/ it seems to be more complicated, at least it did not work when I tried that...

Last edited:
That Ford GT90 isn't a bad car once you tone down the garish interior by 99% (ksAmbient all the way down to 0.02 for a lot of materials, lol). Why do so many mods have silly saturation in the cockpits? Kunos recommend ksAmbient 0.4 but that depends on the source material. A lot of modders just use that value even if it looks awful. Those parameters are supposed to be adjusted until it looks right, not just blindly followed.

The Navi version of this car has the spoiler deploying at speed but the original RTM version has it acting like an air brake, which looks a lot cooler.
Wonder which one's correct?

This is indeed closer to RL. Thanks.
Now, before I start messing myself... :D ... is there a way to have the same asphalt colour in the other layouts too.
The paul_ricard.ini file I have in extensions is very brief:
[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT = 1

If I - lets say - change the name of your .ini file to paul_ricard (leaving out the _2019 part), would that do ? 💡
Or is it more complicated than that ?

Edit/ it seems to be more complicated, at least it did not work when I tried that...

Sorry, but I don´t really exactly understand the prob. :)
I have both tracks paul_ricard and paul_ricard_2019 in different folders. The paul_ricard.ini I posted yesterday https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-355#post-12778776 don´t look exactly how the new paul_ricard_2019.ini is, but imho not so far away. I can adjust both to look nearly the same, but as paul_ricard tarmac was to bright and paul_ricard_2019 tarmac imho to dark, both config´s can´t be used obviously with same settings.
The darker one (paul_ricard_2019) should be modified to be brighter and the brighter one (paul_ricard) vice versa. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry, but I don´t really exactly understand the prob. :)

The confusion may originate from here:

I created the new layout(pit entry/exit) of Paul Ricard for 2019 for my league based on Paul Ricard v0.9.7.
If you have the original track you can paste files into the track's folder to have as extra layout.

Which is what I did.
I have Paul Ricard (Strarck3D v.0.9.7) and I just added _2019 as an extra layout.
But the .ini file in post #10687 only worked for the _2019, the others were as bright as they were before. Hence me trying to get the tarmac in all layouts at the same (darker) level and that did not work.

The confusion may originate from here:

Which is what I did.
I have Paul Ricard (Strarck3D v.0.9.7) and I just added _2019 as an extra layout.
But the .ini file in post #10687 only worked for the _2019, the others were as bright as they were before. Hence me trying to get the tarmac in all layouts at the same (darker) level and that did not work.
The .ini file in extension/config/tracks folder is referencing the new KN5 files for Paul Ricard 2019. Try updating the models_blancpain.ini file (and other layouts' model.ini config file) to reference the 2019 KN5 files. Then the paul_ricard_2019.ini file in extension/config/tracks should modify the tarmac in all layouts. Maybe? (Have not tried it myself.)

Last edited:
The .ini file in extension/config/tracks folder is referencing the new KN5 files for Paul Ricard 2019. Try updating the models_blancpain.ini file (and other layouts' model.ini config file) to reference the 2019 KN5 files. Then the paul_ricard_2019.ini file in extension/config/tracks should modify the tarmac in all layouts. Maybe? (Have not tried it myself.)

Thanks for thinking along.
But I'm guessing it would be easier to keep both versions apart, like @slider666 has done. Lots of things have been added and changed and I believe it will become a mess otherwise.

Edit: I seperated the two tracks and as I suspected it solved the 'issue' I had. Both versions are now taking advantage of the different .ini files.

Last edited:
cars that i wish could convert into ac!
bb engineering edonis
DOME 0
rinspeed viper
ruf 996
911 gt2 996
993 gt1 both street and race version
toyota pod
corvette c5 this includes the indy pace car version!
dodge m4s turbo interceptor
holden efijy
weber faster one
ascari kz1
arash af10
koenigsegg jesko
countach lp400 and 25th anniversary
and some others which i didn't mention!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back