Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,525 comments
Afterthought, I'll give a shoutout to Abulzz Targa Florio '73 track that is coming along nicely and costs me 1GBP on Patreon.
The latest version is Dec but I did a vid showing how it was coming along (Nov version) a couple of weeks ago.
The Dec update has increased the resolution of the terrain textures by x4 and added lots more trees. He's looking at adding the new 3d trees soon.
The December update is really excellent, the resolution upgrade is more than welcome (goodbye ugly mountains and fields).

Free and shameful advert: my server is always set to the latest Patreon version currently with some cars from the AC Legends pack.

No damage/fuel rate to help with learning the track. Teleportation points every 6 km max, there are quickly made but they work (looking at you LAC, I love you but those buggy teleport points...).

Search for "Lost Highway".

Last edited:
Spa Vintage Track Updates:

These are my updates to all three versions of the Spa Vintage tracks. They are all full stand alone tracks because it was suggested that I do it this way instead of config\track skin mods.

All versions now have a vao patch, animated flags, working clock tower and new grass and tree textures. They also have two additional track skins that get a progressively bluer tint and less saturation. The skins also have only the files I altered from the original so you can edit them to make a skin that fits your liking. There are also new ext_configs for each track that add seasonal changes, some shader adjustments and a few other things.

Explanation about each one so you know which one to download. They each represent a specific version of the track:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938

-- Based on the Spa_Faux_Pre_War version. All credits for the track go to Legion.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus removal of floating flag poles that had no flags and scaling of flag poles that were floating off the ground. Plus I added collision physics to most of the haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

Spa Francorchamps 1966

-- Based on the Spa_1966 version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus collision physics to most haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. Also included the Spa 1966 AI done by Parri. The original AI is still included in the ai_original and data_original folders. Just rename them to ai and data to revert back to the original AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 1966:

Spa Francorchamps 1934 & 66

-- Based on the Spa_THR version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team and Waffles for the THR updates.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus a new AI line for the 1934 layout done by me. The original AI was unusable. It was my first attempt at an AI line so don't expect perfection. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Please point out any and all mistakes. I'm sure there are a few. Was kind of hard managing three versions of the same track. I was never sure if I made the same changes on all three tracks.

View attachment 1216445
Links updated with new versions. One last set of small updates before I can put these to bed for awhile. You don't need these updates unless any of the changes interest you.

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

-- GrassFX correction to fix missing grass on some areas.
-- Added crowds file from other version to get people in the stands. Looked so empty going down the front stretch.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

-- New version of my 1934 AI. Recorded a whole new set of lines. This version is pretty fast, may be too fast. I figured it was better to make them too fast than too slow since you can't raise the AI above 100%. Original slower AI is still included. Just copy the folders from the Original_AI directory to go back.

This should be the last update. I think I finally got everything worked out. Only thing I might do down the road is record some new cams, but i'll release those separate.

And thanks to @puckle @vwcharger69 and everyone else for the positive feedback. Makes it worth the time and effort to know it's appreciated.

Last edited:
Links updated with new versions. One last set of small updates before I can put these to bed for awhile. You don't need these updates unless any of the changes interest you.

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

-- Added crowds file from other version to get people in the stands. Looked so empty going down the front stretch.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

-- New version of my 1934 AI. Recorded a whole new set of lines. This version is pretty fast, may be too fast. I figured it was better to make them too fast than too slow since you can't raise the AI above 100%. Original slower AI is still included. Just copy the folders from the Original_AI directory to go back.

This should be the last update. I think I finally got everything worked out. Only thing I might do down the road is record some new cams, but i'll release those separate.

And thanks to @puckle @vwcharger69 and everyone else for the positive feedback. Makes it worth the time and effort to know it's appreciated.
Screenshot_mercedes_w125_spa_thr_18-11-122-14-43-54 (2).jpg

Not sure which part of the track its called but as you come out of the loop and head back up the hill the background hill appears to have a hole it which you can see the sky through any chance of a fix ? This is on the 1938-1966 track.

Last edited:
View attachment 1216593

Not sure which part of the track its called but as you come out of the loop and head back up the hill the background hill appears to have a hole it which you can see the sky through any chance of a fix ? This is on the 1938-1966 track.
That's odd. I thought I fixed that. I'll have to check again, but i'm almost certain I did. It was a missing background object and I copied the one from Spa_1938 and placed it in the Spa 34/66 version. Not sure why you are seeing that.

EDIT: Just had a quick check and i'm not seeing that hole on my end. The object I placed to fix it is in there. Could be a rendering distance setting. Maybe my distance is set for a longer range. Is anyone else seeing the same hole? I guess I could try making another treewall that is closer to that part of the track. Might solve the problem if it's a rendering distance issue

Last edited:
That's odd. I thought I fixed that. I'll have to check again, but i'm almost certain I did. It was a missing background object and I copied the one from Spa_1938 and placed it in the Spa 34/66 version. Not sure why you are seeing that.
Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_rj_spa_1966_18-11-122-15-24-41 (2).jpg

Racinjoe013 there is also a hole in the background on the 66 track as well.
They are the only faults/problems I can see. superb job though with the updates. 34 track could do with some news cams 👍

Regards

Mark

View attachment 1216599

Racinjoe013 there is also a hole in the background on the 66 track as well.
They are the only faults/problems I can see. superb job though with the updates. 34 track could do with some news cams 👍

Regards

Mark
Problem is, those holes don't exist for me. I can't check it or know if something I try fixes it since i'm not seeing it.

Last edited:
Problem is, those holes don't exist for me. I can't check it or know if something I try fixes it since i'm not seeing it.
I fixed some other stuff. Don´t know exactly that part what @MARKDENNY is mentioning.
I´m still testing for myself, but here´s what I´ve done so far for Spa 1938:

1671377964624.png
1671377980292.png

But nonetheless, very nice work you´ve done. Thx a lot for it. 👍
I´ll share my changes, if it´s worth and you´re interested and find it useful. ;)
Maybe PM first, before permanent updating from different ones? ;)

Last edited:
Any chance it is related to ‘world details’? If @racinjoe013 has it at maximum and others have it below that mesh may be hidden to them - I remember something similar a year or two ago with Mont Tremblant and the levitating camera operators.

Any chance it is related to ‘world details’? If @racinjoe013 has it at maximum and others have it below that mesh may be hidden to them - I remember something similar a year or two ago with Mont Tremblant and the levitating camera operators.
I've got mine set at max, awaiting a reply from racinjoe to see what setting he has.

I've got mine set at max, awaiting a reply from racinjoe to see what setting he has.
Been so long since I messed with my settings, but I think this this is the option that determines render distance. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong. It's under the CM Graphics Adjustment option.

Image1.png

Before when it was on the FB page, he was trying to make them as close as possible to the real thing, but since he discovered Patreon, seem like each one of them is faster than an F1 on any track :lol:
editing the tire data with bigger grip levels, adding an insane amount of downforce, changing the shaders settings, and calling them "Tuned" does not make him a physics expert lol

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

Here are some real-life sponsorboards, to replace the fake ones.

Attachments

• skin.rar.txt
    3.3 MB · Views: 122
Been so long since I messed with my settings, but I think this this is the option that determines render distance. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong. It's under the CM Graphics Adjustment option.

View attachment 1216646
Thank you for the reply mine was set at 20000,30000 I altered it to your setting and the holes in the hills are still there 😢I also altered the FOV exponent from 2.6 to 0.5.

Thank you for the reply mine was set at 20000,30000 I altered it to your setting and the holes in the hills are still there 😢I also altered the FOV exponent from 2.6 to 0.5.
Don't know what to say then. I know i'm not seeing them. I don't know if anyone else is having the problem, but I haven't heard anything. I wish I could help you, but i'm at a loss as to what could be wrong.

@Fall Guy

Thank you for these. Are they named accurately so that they replace the existing sponsor textures?

Last edited:
Set it to
120000, 160000, and also check if you have some extra options unticked, like "optimize meshes some more" !!

Don't know what to say then. I know i'm not seeing them. I don't know if anyone else is having the problem, but I haven't heard anything. I wish I could help you, but i'm at a loss as to what could be wrong.

@Fall Guy

Thank you for these. Are they named accurately so that they replace the existing sponsor textures?
Yes they do. Just activate it in CM as a skin.

Last edited:
Tested with 0.1.79 preview5 and 0.1.80 preview1 and still can see it.

Here is my ext_config.ini

Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=rh_arai_helmet_driver_19
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; <---------------- If you don't like this, disable replacing the '1' with '0'
FILE = formula_hybrid_2022_s.kn5

HIDE = DISPLAY_MAIN_MESH_?, GEO_STEER_GLAS, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB1, LED_0, LED_1, LED_2, LED_3, LED_4, LED_5, LED_6, LED_7, LED_8, LED_9, LED_10, PIT_R, PIT_G, PIT_B, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB0, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB5, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB2, GEO_STEER_LABELS, LED_RED_1, LED_WHITE_1, LED_DRS_ACTIVE, LED_BLUE_1, LED_ORANGE_1, GEO_REXING_LOGO, GEO_Rexing_Main_SUB3, LED_GREEN_1

INSERT = mcl36.kn5
INSERT_IN = STEER_HR
; Options to transform inserted model:
SCALE = 1,1,1    ; change size: X, Y and Z axis (for car, X is left-right, Y and up-down)
ROTATION = 0, 0, 0  ; rotate: heading, pitch and roll, in degress
OFFSET = 0,-0.01,0.0625   ; move: X, Y and Z axis, in meters
Hey man, did you manage to fix this? I'm having the same issue with no solution yet.

Set it to
120000, 160000, and also check if you have some extra options unticked, like "optimize meshes some more" !!

Yes they do. Just activate it in CM as a skin.
Great. I may just add them to the actual track file as the default billboard sponsors for the next update if that's okay with you. Or just include them as a skin in case some people would prefer the original billboard textures. Unfortunately there is probably going to be another update. @slider666 also did some great extra config work that i'd like to add in as well.

Last edited:
Here are some real-life sponsorboards, to replace the fake ones.
Legend! I'd just started looking for logos because this was bugging me. Cheers.

Unfortunately there is probably going to be another update. @slider666 did some great extra config work that i'd like to add in.
Unfortunately Joe, you don't know the meaning of the word 'unfortunately'...

This is great news.

yeah we pubicly released the car as peugeot said: back in august, the first one was the Caddie NorthStar 2000 spec (2001 coming soon), and we've been slowly rolling out other LMP900 era cars as well like this one.

hopefully a nice overhaul on the physics from us lot working on it ;) and to bring more Pre LMP1 cars (WSC/LMP900 675 Era)
Where can I find the cars you have released? I'm looking for le Mans 1999 cars. Thanks

Another AI question for an AI expert. Can you use the hints file to get the ai to brake less in a certain area?

I thought the BRAKEHINT could do it, but in my testing, it seems to tell the AI to use the brakes if the recorded line doesn't use them at that point. I'm trying to overcome a faulty recording by getting them off the brakes or at least a little less braking. Or maybe i'm just not using the BRAKEHINT properly. Could use some advice.

Might as well ask this also. How does the frequency and distortion impact a flag when using the ksFlagsFX_tessellation shader? I've been playing with the numbers and the flag always seems to wave the same way no matter what settings I use.

Wave 1/4 of the "SUV Cup" super-low-quality liveries pack for my custom championship is ready. Get it while it's hot.

The rest most likely won't be coming until after christmas. Wave 2 might come before if I have time, but it's looking like it'll be done probably in January. Until then feel free to suggest brands, there are 15 slots left to fill. At the end I'll also post my own championship I'm using these in for others to download and try.

preview-jpg.624450

preview-jpg.624451

preview-jpg.624452

preview-jpg.624453

preview-jpg.624454

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back