Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,524 comments
Just a little something I'm working on trying to get in game. The Tatuus FT-60 as used in the Toyota Racing series in NZ.
Currently working on the skin of the 2021 NZ GP winner, Shane Van Gisbergen.. for those that dont know, he started from pit lane after being on Pole, but set off the fire extinguisher accidently and missing the pit exit to go to the grid. A determined drive got him the win.
Progress at this stage, car loads in CM showroom, but not yet been able to get it to load in game.
View attachment 1216793

Hey guys.

Where color grading LUT's are located in AC root folder and how i can create or use my own LUT's to use with ppfilters? Are there anything like opacity to adjust the volume of the color grading i want?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get rid of the awful noise that plays through this site when you use this Christmas Tree Emoji in the "Like" section? --> 🎄 Sounds as though some banshee must have stepped on a lego.
Had to use the poo emoji to see if it would play the same crappy Mariah bloody Carey song as the Christmas tree emoji but no such luck.
Whoever decided this was a good idea needs putting on top of the worlds tallest Christmas tree with a load of christmas lights and this tune playing on loop through some headphones

Does anyone know how to get rid of the awful noise that plays through this site when you use this Christmas Tree Emoji in the "Like" section? --> 🎄 Sounds as though some banshee must have stepped on a lego.
It's part of a game this site plays every year - originally "Whamageddon" (and if you've heard of that, GTPlanet is actually credited as the known origin though it was actually brought here from another unknown forum; there's simply no earlier record on the internet of it than GTPlanet) but now the ApoCareypse. It's been going on for over a decade now. Here's a summary:

Whoever decided this was a good idea needs putting on top of the worlds tallest Christmas tree with a load of christmas lights and this tune playing on loop through some headphones
That would be the site owner, @Jordan

1998 Nissan Motorsport (Test Pack)​

View attachment 1216748View attachment 1216749View attachment 1216750View attachment 1216751
Test liveries... RD

Think I can scrap mine if you're making the rest then :)

r3902.png

Just a little something I'm working on trying to get in game. The Tatuus FT-60 as used in the Toyota Racing series in NZ.
Currently working on the skin of the 2021 NZ GP winner, Shane Van Gisbergen.. for those that dont know, he started from pit lane after being on Pole, but set off the fire extinguisher accidently and missing the pit exit to go to the grid. A determined drive got him the win.
Progress at this stage, car loads in CM showroom, but not yet been able to get it to load in game.
View attachment 1216793
Cant wait for it, i've been looking for this car for soo long

It's part of a game this site plays every year - originally "Whamageddon" (and if you've heard of that, GTPlanet is actually credited as the known origin though it was actually brought here from another unknown forum; there's simply no earlier record on the internet of it than GTPlanet) but now the ApoCareypse. It's been going on for over a decade now. Here's a summary:

That would be the site owner, @Jordan

1671458776546.png

Surely the only mention of GTPlanet on Wikipedia?

View attachment 1216824
Surely the only mention of GTPlanet on Wikipedia?
Well, there is a Wikipedia page for GTPlanet, and we crop up cited as references in a horrifying number of pages for games.

Obviously Gran Turismo a lot, but here's one for @AudiMan2011's article on the next Forza Motorsport game:
1671459290049.png

Also, more on-topic (although not entirely!), ACC:
1671459417212.png

Last edited:
VW Golf Mk1 'Littlebird' release.
The Littlebird. Stiffly sprung and highly strung. Harsher curb stomps than American History X. Sticks like **** to a blanket.
This is not a serious car... but it is serious fun.
Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this bat**** crazy pocket rocket.
Note: some previous skins have been purged for consistency and to keep the file size reasonable. There are 45 fictional skins included. Add the others from the previous car if you want.
This car is slightly slower than its Club Track doner, but needs more driving, more finessing. But don't worry - it's still wonderfully brutal.

v1.70 (Released as a new 'Littlebird' car December 2022, replacing the old Golf Mk1 Club Track, which can now be deleted. Or kept).
Drivetrain swapped from FWD to RWD; Offside wing mirror added; Cockpit AO added (previous VAO patch deleted); Exterior paint parameters corrected; Steering animation tweaked; Shaking exhaust added; Glass tweaked; Aero updated; Rear side window trim fixed; Collider updated; Wheel blur fixed; Steering wheel improved; LODs optimised, rebuilt by hand; Petronas, Burger King, Fanta, NOS, Liqui Moly, Esso, Cadbury, Durex, Littlebird, BioBizz, Uniqlo, Yo! Sushi, Iame, Hot Wheels, Skittles, Domino's, Castrol GTX, Atomq, Lego, Rubik's G-Shock, Adidas, and Sumo Power skins added; MOMO driver kit removed from all skin folders and replaced with skin.ini, except for MOMO car (saving ~12MB per skin folder); Various data updates; UI info updated; 'Littlebird' moniker added because this car chirps, it flies... and will crap on you from a great height if you're not careful.

Screenshot (193).png

Download: https://we.tl/t-1ucmFAB7at

Well, there is a Wikipedia page for GTPlanet, and we crop up cited as references in a horrifying number of pages for games.

Obviously Gran Turismo a lot, but here's one for @AudiMan2011's article on the next Forza Motorsport game:
View attachment 1216825

Also, more on-topic (although not entirely!), ACC:
View attachment 1216826

Officially more trustworthy than The Daily Mail. With good reason.

Another AI question for an AI expert. Can you use the hints file to get the ai to brake less in a certain area?

I thought the BRAKEHINT could do it, but in my testing, it seems to tell the AI to use the brakes if the recorded line doesn't use them at that point. I'm trying to overcome a faulty recording by getting them off the brakes or at least a little less braking. Or maybe i'm just not using the BRAKEHINT properly. Could use some advice.

Might as well ask this also. How does the frequency and distortion impact a flag when using the ksFlagsFX_tessellation shader? I've been playing with the numbers and the flag always seems to wave the same way no matter what settings I use.
I'm not an expert, but if you can send me the ai hints file I'll take a quick look.

The Littlebird. Stiffly sprung and highly strung. Harsher curb stomps than American History X. Sticks like **** to a blanket.
Note: some previous skins have been purged for consistency and to keep the file size reasonable. There are 45 fictional skins included. Add the others from the previous car if you want.
This car is slightly slower than its Club Track doner, but needs more driving, more finessing. But don't worry - it's still wonderfully brutal.

v1.70 (Released as a new 'Littlebird' car December 2022, replacing the old Golf Mk1 Club Track, which can now be deleted. Or kept).
Drivetrain swapped from FWD to RWD; Offside wing mirror added; Cockpit AO added (previous VAO patch deleted); Exterior paint parameters corrected; Steering animation tweaked; Shaking exhaust added; Glass tweaked; Aero updated; Rear side window trim fixed; Collider updated; Wheel blur fixed; Steering wheel improved; LODs optimised, rebuilt by hand; Petronas, Burger King, Fanta, NOS, Liqui Moly, Esso, Cadbury, Durex, Littlebird, BioBizz, Uniqlo, Yo! Sushi, Iame, Hot Wheels, Skittles, Domino's, Castrol GTX, Atomq, Lego, Rubik's G-Shock, Adidas, and Sumo Power skins added; MOMO driver kit removed from all skin folders and replaced with skin.ini, except for MOMO car (saving ~12MB per skin folder); Various data updates; UI info updated; 'Littlebird' moniker added because this car chirps, it flies... and will crap on you from a great height if you're not careful.

View attachment 1216901

Such a wonderful work, thank you very much

View attachment 1216901

My design genius couldn't be understood by such low class folks, so my drivers declined the offer to join their league and split ways, away of this grotesque patchwork... Or at least that's how history will remember it (I hope).

(they'll still participate in the unofficial events, at least on my side. Hell, I didn't work for nothing haha)

STCC.2010.v0.9.GTR2

Another AI question for an AI expert. Can you use the hints file to get the ai to brake less in a certain area?

I thought the BRAKEHINT could do it, but in my testing, it seems to tell the AI to use the brakes if the recorded line doesn't use them at that point. I'm trying to overcome a faulty recording by getting them off the brakes or at least a little less braking. Or maybe i'm just not using the BRAKEHINT properly. Could use some advice.

Might as well ask this also. How does the frequency and distortion impact a flag when using the ksFlagsFX_tessellation shader? I've been playing with the numbers and the flag always seems to wave the same way no matter what settings I use.
try with
[AI_HINT]
START=x
END=y
VALUE = 1.10 ;(AI speed 10 % higher then expected)

[BREAKEHINT]
START=x
END=y
VALUE = 0.80 ;(AI brakes 20% less then expected)

x and y could be the same or slightly different in the two sections

try with
[AI_HINT]
START=x
END=y
VALUE = 1.10 ;(AI speed 10 % higher then expected)

[BREAKEHINT]
START=x
END=y
VALUE = 0.80 ;(AI brakes 20% less then expected)

x and y could be the same or slightly different in the two sections
Will try those. Thanks. Do you need to have numbers after each hint? All the other ai_hint files I looked at have numbers after the start of a new entry. I.E., HINT_0 or BRAKEHINT_0. And what is the difference between HINT and AI_HINT?

Last edited:

View attachment 1216901

I'll endure Mariah one more time for this... cheers, dude!

and do someone knowwhy the AI stop in the middle of the road when they are hit, even a slight touch? and never recovery as they would do in any other sims.
this is simply stupid to see plenty of cars parked on the track just stopped

and do someone knowwhy the AI stop in the middle of the road when they are hit, even a slight touch? and never recovery as they would do in any other sims.
this is simply stupid to see plenty of cars parked on the track just stopped
Indeed, try doing dirt oval racing or banger racing with that issue.
So weird they crash and just sit there and if they block the road the rest of the AI just piles in and sits there.
Although its never after a slight touch this, it has to be a big hit.

I'm not an expert, but if you can send me the ai hints file I'll take a quick look.
If you have my most recent Spa 1934 and 1966 track, you already have the hints file. The original THR version did not have a usable ai for the 1934 layout. The lines were all wrong going through Malmedy. So I recorded new lines for that layout to get them through Malmedy. I love everything about it. I'm having some great races against the ai using it, but it has a few issues, mainly the ai over brakes in a couple of spots. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get them off the brakes.

I'm not even sure why they do it. I know for a fact that when I recorded the lines, I did not touch the brakes in those spots. I only lifted off the throttle a tad so I don't know where the braking is coming from. If you can figure anything out, you'd be my hero.

Last edited:
My design genius couldn't be understood by such low class folks, so my drivers declined the offer to join their league and split ways, away of this grotesque patchwork... Or at least that's how history will remember it (I hope).

(they'll still participate in the unofficial events, at least on my side. Hell, I didn't work for nothing haha)
I ran out of steam in the end. Sorry dude! I needed to cut the cord and get this out otherwise I'd still be fiddling with it on Xmas morning.
I temporarily moved all of the skins that I hadn't created myself in order to batch-edit all 45 of my own in PS (which wasn't successful in the end anyway), then started finding some LOD issues with the others due to additional DDS files (wheels, headlights etc), plus a few of them were 21MB DDSes (saved as DXT5, I'm guessing?) but didn't want to edit someone else's skins (and maybe the alpha channel was needed?) so it was easier to leave them out for people to add back in if they wanted to. I also started reworking a few of the originals (Yokohama, Bilstein etc) to get them up to scratch, but again... ran out of time and enthusiasm. There should be enough skins included for massive grids but perhaps someone will be masochistic enough to make additional packs. As you already know, it's not the easiest car to skin for due to the mismatched panels on the template, the lack of flat areas and the scaling that's required to correct the aspect ratio of every single decal (and by different amounts depending on their position on the car). It's torture, really..! :lol:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back