Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,428 comments
Oh, I wasn't criticising the overall track, it is very nice indeed, especially considering its source. Rainmaker knows how much I appreciate his conversions from the earliest days of AC.
Treewalls are pretty easily fixed and can have a big effect on the overall look of a track.
Has this newer and better version you mention definitely been confirmed for a public release? If not, the wait might be in vain.
It'll be done, but it's not the first cab off the rank

It'll be done, but it's not the first cab off the rank
That's good to hear, but do you have a little more info? Is it effectively a private commission for AC that's going to be officially released publicly, or (like a recent Polycode track) one that's leaked? Or is it being converted to AC from a non-AC source?
Your mention was the first I heard about it, so I'm wondering why it seems shrouded in secrecy. Is there a Discord or FB Group with info updates?

That's good to hear, but do you have a little more info? Is it effectively a private commission for AC that's going to be officially released publicly, or (like a recent Polycode track) one that's leaked? Or is it being converted to AC from a non-AC source?
Your mention was the first I heard about it, so I'm wondering why it seems shrouded in secrecy. Is there a Discord or FB Group with info updates?
No. discord or fb, just a private venture that will be coming. I've outlined where this came from previously. That's more than enough info for now.

Are there any videos of the 1982 TMW cars? I've found a few YouTube videos with '82 cars in them, but I suspect it might be Simdreams '82 mod. I'm just debating about whether to join their Patreon but can't see the quality of their work.
these are basicly sim dream cars.. tmw just reworked them.. but still using kunos lotus 98 physics..
not worth the money he charges..

you can probably find this for free..

Here's the link for the Mini Pack (1980-1981), some prints of the cars and a preview of the Mini Pack (1979, we already have the Lotus 79 and the Ferrari 312 T4), for those who just want to have a little fun, don't mind with the perfection of official games.

They are just "simple" conversions, just some parts of the cars, that we have in other simulators but that Assetto Corsa gives a different "face" by virtue of being more current than rFactor and GTR2.

Is it possible to get it uploaded again?

Sorry just not into repeating myself
But you haven't previously answered what I asked or given any salient information for discussion, here on this discussion board. It's all a little bit clickbaity so far, like a viral campaign for a paymod.
You started this by revealing you had insider information about a brand-new Ruapuna converted from a fly-through presentation model developed for NZTV, but the fuzzy video you posted is pretty unclear and it's hard to tell what the quality is like.
It'd be interesting to know how the model was sourced from NZTV, whether it's based on laser scanning or lidar, the track-making pedigree of the people converting it to AC, whether there's any collaboration with the track owners/operators, what other tracks the dev team have released etc etc.
Hardly 'more than enough info for now', as you said.
Lots of promises are made in AC modding so it's always useful if any claims are backed up with detail rather than vagueness. I don't really understand the secrecy, unless it's papering over cracks. And if you can't talk about it because you're not supposed to talk about it... why mention it in the first place on a public forum?

But you haven't previously answered what I asked or given any salient information for discussion, here on this discussion board. It's all a little bit clickbaity so far, like a viral campaign for a paymod.
You started this by revealing you had insider information about a brand-new Ruapuna converted from a fly-through presentation model developed for NZTV, but the fuzzy video you posted is pretty unclear and it's hard to tell what the quality is like.
It'd be interesting to know how the model was sourced from NZTV, whether it's based on laser scanning or lidar, the track-making pedigree of the people converting it to AC, whether there's any collaboration with the track owners/operators, what other tracks the dev team have released etc etc.
Hardly 'more than enough info for now', as you said.
Lots of promises are made in AC modding so it's always useful if any claims are backed up with detail rather than vagueness. I don't really understand the secrecy, unless it's papering over cracks. And if you can't talk about it because you're not supposed to talk about it... why mention it in the first place on a public forum?
Guess you don't read readme files if you dont know Danman. And I told the source. The video was a teaser from nz TV, it's all I can share. You're pleading like I have to give you more. I've given all the info I'm able to give, not my problem if that isn't acceptable to you. Only you mention paymod. It'll be released for free.

Last edited:
Guess you don't read readme files if you dont know Danman. And I told the source. The video was a teaser from nz TV, it's all I can share. You're pleading like I have to give you more. I've given all the info I'm able to give, not my problem if that isn't acceptable to you. Only you mention paymod. It'll be released for free.
I'm not pleading, I'm discussing. I thought you were too. This is a discussion board. I don't understand why you're being so defensive.
I also don't understand your first sentence above but I just realised that video is 13 years old.

I'm not pleading, I'm discussing. I thought you were too. This is a discussion board. I don't understand why you're being so defensive.
I also don't understand your first sentence above but I just realised that video is 13 years old.
You accuse me of click baiting and were aggressive, and im not allowed to be defensive? End of discussion as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:
You accuse me of click baiting and were aggressive, and im not allowed to be defensive? End of discussion as far as I'm concerned
There was no aggressive intent on my part, so apologies if you were offended.
A discussion has to actually start before it can end, so I guess we're back to where we originally started from.
Looking forward to seeing how the project develops once some details can be shared - it'll be great to have an updated Ruapuna in AC.

1673956510710.jpeg

#53 Scuderia Magnani, LM24 1994 has the correct wing now. GTR2 really is a treasure box :-)

Lola B2k/10 for Assetto Corsa Pack 2

cars

Lola B2K/10 VW

Lola B2K/10 Porsche

Download Pack 2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8pn5loceoisv9fj/Lola_B2K10_Porsche_and_VW.7z/file

Pack 1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wjfd2z3sn18lqek/Lola_B2K10_Pack_1_Judd_and_Ford.7z/file
(Lola B2K/10 Judd and B2K/10 Ford, previously posted on GTPlanet)

Other updated Lemans Prototypes:

Original from Legion

Updated by Peugeot905

physics: Peugeot905

minor scaling/graphical: Peugeot905

sound: Kunos

rework
-New Physics
aero, tires, suspension, setup, ai, brakes, etc
-Update to model(mainly Tyres)
-New sounds for each engine type.
rescaled tires.

Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/Peugeot905

Pics by Miguel Angelo Silva

View attachment 1223465
View attachment 1223466
View attachment 1223467
View attachment 1223468
View attachment 1223469
View attachment 1223470
awkward moment when part 1 fails but part 2 works. Can mediafire make it's mind up. :ill:

Yes we want you to share Gold3n. :-)
Sure 😁

Also some people might ask "where is the corvette c6r skin at?" I'm currently trying to get a hold with @007DBR9 to work on this C6R. I have a big update with the cars materials and skins that I worked on before I stop making skins months ago. I wanted to see if he's working on the car any further, like the shadow on the car is not perfect. He did seem to fix a few things from the previous C6R and made it better. If he doesn't respond I'll upload it.

Changed lights for some liveries to match the skins
Changed front grill
Changed wheel colors for their respective skin
Changed tires for each skin
Grill mesh can be seen through now
Updated skins to 4K
Added AO to each skin
Little bit of a interior material change
The cars wheels are tucked in, like the C6R GT1s from 2010

__custom_showroom_1673980479.png
__custom_showroom_1673980499.png

The ruapuna is from the same era, not newly made The new manfield is directly from the original creator, not a conversion of a conversion of a conversion. I've been shown a sneak peak at Mafield and it's head and shoulders over what is in game currently, and has all layouts, unlike the rfactor2 conversion which only got the long layout which is never used for the national series. The fact the new ruapuna isn't a gpl conversion, even though it's very good for where it came from, I'm pretty confident it'll be another top quality job.

Edit: after thought.
Ai on hillclimb, I've not done it. I only ever did one ai, when I had a play with the Manfeild we have, adding in the grand prix/national layout for person use, I abandoned it when Danman gave his work to my friend.
DRAG MODE does NOT support AI. Period.

You could build a psudo drag start with AI, but it will NOT support DRAG MODE

You might be able to build a camera by hand with a cam-app and F7 for DRAG MODE, but I have doubts it will work because it wont know how to switch to the next position (because each cam view comes into play via the AI distance 0-0.999. Therefore the only option might be to create a camera file with one entry and an overhead view

AI on hillclimb is trivial to do so why mention it?

Last edited:
(NOT MINE)

I didn't saw it shared around, so if anyone of you doesn't like to go to RD :

Whatcha thinkin' ? I think the potential is huge with this, like Fat-Alfie's huge, but right now, the environnement and the trees are more like "meh"
According a RD reading this is his first AC track and I think this is just the start and he will eventually doing updates aslong we all give him the right improvement points at RD. Not possibility to drive right now, I have to wait for the next weekend, but glad to see he as an starter is using 3D spectators and not taking the easy route with those ugly 2D spectators near the tarmac and pits.

Last edited:
Porsche Cayman R 2012 Release
Free Download
Comverted From Forza Motorsport 4 By Peter Crill
AO inside and out done
-Dashboard wip
-CSP Settings
-Physics BY VRDRIVING -Working Wipers
-Self Ligth
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@takum1,@Mascot,and others
EXTRA A =FOG FRONT
EXTRA C =HIDE FRONT PLATE

Other mods

Screenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_mirandopolis_17-0-123-19-27-38.jpgScreenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_mirandopolis_17-0-123-19-26-35.jpgScreenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_mirandopolis_17-0-123-19-26-53.jpgScreenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_mirandopolis_17-0-123-19-30-27.jpgScreenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_mirandopolis_17-0-123-19-33-44.jpgScreenshot_porsche_cayman_r_2012_mirandopolis_17-0-123-19-33-54.jpg

1960s Longford

A standalone version of Longford_67 based on the Legion and @slider666 version of the track. All credits for the track go to them. To be honest, there wasn't anything wrong with the track. I just didn't like some missing CSP features and the overall texture brightness and colors. So I made the track look more to my liking. People seem to prefer that I do these as standalone tracks so that's what I did.

1960s Longford

Additions\Changes:

-- Added animated flags on the front stretch and all track flagmen.
-- Texture\shader adjustments to eliminate the washed out look the track had, at least on my system. Very much ppfilter related so you may not like the changes. There are some textures that don't match well, but I can't do anything about it. I don't know what format they were saved in originally, but when I try to change and resave them, they turn into pudding in the game.
-- Two alternative track skins. One gives a burnt out appearance to the grass and trees, more like the original Longford_67 track had. One gives a greener appearance to the grass and trees. I left the grass and trees as separate skins so you can mix and match to get something more to your liking. I.E, you could choose to use the default trees with the greener grass.
-- New collision physics .kn5 file to eliminate the sticky fences. I didn't do all of them for now. I only did the ones I felt might matter. I'll eventually get all of them. Thanks to @pugsang for the instructions on how to do it. Hopefully I did it correctly.
-- New ai lines for the default track. This is a tricky one. How well the ai works on this track is greatly dependent on the car mod. Some mods work well, some struggle. A lot of it has to do with how narrow the track is in some spots and you just can't get wider cars through some areas side by side. If you find my new ai just doesn't work for the cars you are racing, there is an Original_AI folder and an Optional_AI folder you can try instead.
-- New timing .kn5 file to get the cars spread out a little at the start of the race. Helps the AI make it through the first lap.
-- New timing .kn5 file for the reverse layout. The original timing file was an absolute mess. It had the cars line up after the s/f line and in the wrong order at the start of the race and the pit slots were reversed.
-- New sidelines for the reverse layout to help get the ai through the first turn better. They take it a little wide, but I had to do it that way to make it work.
-- A host of new replay cams for both layouts from @CrisT86 , @DaBaeda and one from myself.
-- New ext_config done by @CrisT86. Don't ask me what changes he made. I only know it works well.

Notes about the config:

-- If you want a darker or lighter road surface, open up the ext_config file in Notepad++ Change the ambient and diffuse values for the three entries from line 489 through 505.
-- The base ext_config has no snow days. If you want at least one day of snow to drive in, go to the extension folder and delete or rename the ext_config file. Rename ext_config_with_snow to ext_config and set your date to July 20-22.

As always, please point out any mistakes so I can fix them. I'm not an expert at this stuff.

View attachment 1223459
What can I say? My favourite track just gets better. THANK YOU!

There was no aggressive intent on my part, so apologies if you were offended.
A discussion has to actually start before it can end, so I guess we're back to where we originally started from.
Looking forward to seeing how the project develops once some details can be shared - it'll be great to have an updated Ruapuna in AC.
Maybe AC Reboot team may consider a conversion from PCARS of Ruapuna?!

If someone has some time, could you gve this ai a try for 1960s Longford (or any Longford version) and let me know how it works. I'm having good results with it so far. I'm no longer seeing the ai slam into each other at a couple of the turns like it did with my other ai attempts. Plus I was able to finish a race no cars crashing out using the RSS 1970 V8, which I couldn't do before.

For the record, I ran all my test races with the RSS 1970 V8 and the ACL GTC and GTR mods at 97% strength and 95% aggression. If you find the ai crashes too much in the final turn, delete or rename the ai_hints file and try again.

Thanks for any feedback...

Attachments

• ai.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back