Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
RSS Formula 1986 | Williams FW11 Skin by Marco17
So and now, Marco17 got some "hidden exclusivity" on the Formula 86 !?

I’m astonished that a talented skinner like "shadow118" didn’t deliver even one painting (for free) for this car.

To add to this, the Williams skins by Marco17 have only been released through his Patreon page.

On Discord, there is WIP in place for skins for the Brabham and Zakspeed (West - called 'Vost' in defaults) liveries. I have been playing about with updating the skin for a Ferrari, but it is too crude for release as car-skinning is new to me. Results so far are acceptable to me, but can be much better.

View attachment 1270950
Hey, that's a great start, and it looks better than the default red car.

until we can finish the a/b/c lods for the Le Mans 2023 package, too bad if I post the V0.3a without ....

Capture d’écran (708).png

Think the whole Content Manager is become a fat complex piece of software. So many adjustments that can be conflicting to each other’s and have eventually a negative impact on your graphical eye candy and frametimes.
Less is more.
i see a problem with content manager, i hope people hear me out and don't freak out because it is my opinion and only my opinion if someone has an opposing view to my argument please let me no.

i see a major issue with how content manager is set up, think about the person/s who made CM

your going to want to keep your patreons happy to be able to keep the jutification of people donating to you every month, the problem i see with that is there will come a time where your just adding stuff to keep those donations rolling in, that doesn't mean that those changes or addons were needed.

content manager is fantastic make no mistake, and the person/s involved creating it deserve the fruits of there labour i am not here to argue that. but there will come a time when its just pure overkill and i think we are creeping towards that time.

i see a problem with content manager, i hope people hear me out and don't freak out because it is my opinion and only my opinion if someone has an opposing view to my argument please let me no.

i see a major issue with how content manager is set up, think about the person/s who made CM

your going to want to keep your patreons happy to be able to keep the jutification of people donating to you every month, the problem i see with that is there will come a time where your just adding stuff to keep those donations rolling in, that doesn't mean that those changes or addons were needed.

content manager is fantastic make no mistake, and the person/s involved creating it deserve the fruits of there labour i am not here to argue that. but there will come a time when its just pure overkill and i think we are creeping towards that time.
fully agree with you and let’s not forget that all encrypted mods will fall into oblivion with!! Especially that 99% are just a convert (useful of course)!! here’s how to kill this games!! (people prefer to see their nose rather than the future without understanding that he shoots himself in the foot ...)

Last edited:
Hey! This is my first post here, but I've been keeping an eye on the forums since I started playing AC back in January. You've been always a great source of help, but now it's my time to ask :D

I wanted to ask if there's a way to make car previews using CSP for the renders to achieve a similar look to what ClearGT does.

This is how it looks like without the CSP setting checked

The same preview with the CSP Final Render checkbox activated

It doesn't looks good at all, and I'm currently using that preview for non-encrypted cars and the Dynamic one for the ones encrypted or that use extensions. But, is there a way to make that preview look good with CSP render (and if possible, matching the Dark theme)?

Thank you all in advance!

Hello xEnzo98,
Excuse me but can you explain me how do you manage to generate preview picture like Kunos for encrypted cars in CM? You said you are using Dynamic preview? What is that?
Thanks in advance.

Hello xEnzo98,
Excuse me but can you explain me how do you manage to generate preview picture like Kunos for encrypted cars in CM? You said you are using Dynamic preview? What is that?
Thanks in advance.
Settings > Content Manager > Custom Showroom > Use CSP for final preview renders.

With that option enabled every preview you generate will use CSP and encrypted cars and extension will be visible

It would be awesome, but some years ago, when i tried to open the tracks, something always messed up, like the object in 0,0,0 in position , no mapping etc.

So sadly I don't think if we will be able to convert tracks from Forza 3-4, it would be awesome.
A proper Road Atlanta, a proper Le Mans (for historical races)
Camino Viejo... Bernese Alps... Maple Valley... Prague... all say hi.

Last edited:
Think the whole Content Manager is become a fat complex piece of software. So many adjustments that can be conflicting to each other’s and have eventually a negative impact on your graphical eye candy and frametimes.
Less is more.
Don’t wanna sound like a ****** wise guy but that’s one reason I avoid CM

I install everything manually and control everything through the csp ini. Files.

So i never have trouble that something was updated and do no more work or fit together.

It’s also a good possibility to learn more about what the inis actually do.

On the negative side for sure is that i am always sticking half a year with one CSP version before moving on.

Right now I am on 1.79p..

So I probably always miss some newest stuff but have no troubles on the other side.
A but like “never change a running system”

you guys are doing so great graphic, but due to its physics from vr driving that had so many issues on other cars i barely hope to get something interesing...for DBS i believe suspension is too stiff and way too much downforce. btw why no semislick tyres?
Haven’t had a chance to try the new DBS yet unfortunately (and can’t wait) but just out of curiosity what issues have you had with VR Driving’s cars? I find they’re usually different enough to be enjoyable if not a bit too fast most of the time but that seems to be just about most mods, and Jerry Wei’s are consistently some of the best imho

Settings > Content Manager > Custom Showroom > Use CSP for final preview renders.

With that option enabled every preview you generate will use CSP and encrypted cars and extension will be visible
Thank you for the tipp. I want this alsways for the encryted cars. My first test with that setting was: using my prefered Preset changes the image Qualiy to overexposed. Then i reduced the in the Preset | HDR Settings the Exposure to Minimum, now it looks good for me.

Hey! This is my first post here, but I've been keeping an eye on the forums since I started playing AC back in January. You've been always a great source of help, but now it's my time to ask :D

I wanted to ask if there's a way to make car previews using CSP for the renders to achieve a similar look to what ClearGT does.

View attachment 1270996

View attachment 1270997

It doesn't looks good at all, and I'm currently using that preview for non-encrypted cars and the Dynamic one for the ones encrypted or that use extensions. But, is there a way to make that preview look good with CSP render (and if possible, matching the Dark theme)?

Thank you all in advance!
Technically not possible, no. You even should be glad to achieve that look for encrypted cars at least for now.

hi guys
a request for Mitch9
is it possible to upload le grand circuit 67 with 54 pits and le mans classic start?
Thanks!
U can search it on Breathe´s list here > <

I´m afraid that no one ever did a 54 pit version with Le Mans start type (it only has the regular one). For LM start, there is only the 36 slots option.

I never knew they did that.
Most people don´t know about that as well. Just google for Formula One Indoor Trophy in the internet and you are going to be amazed about it. The last non-championship races of F1 (from my point of view - for others, it might be the 1983 Race of Champions).

I think I asked this before but don't remember if anyone had any solution for it. This happens always with RSS cars, but sometimes others as well but not as consistently. You can see in the shot that the wheels are frozed. I shot this in F5 camera, with slow shutter speed(see the blurred background), but the wheels are just frozed. Sometimes I can get around this issue if I use "motion shot" button and set the duration manually but sometimes it just won't work regardless what time I set it at, or what shutter speed I use. Whats weird is sometimes I can take photo just fine with the same car in the early part of a session, but later on it will just stop working and you just keep getting shots like this

1688671661971.png

To add to this, the Williams skins by Marco17 have only been released through his Patreon page.

On Discord, there is WIP in place for skins for the Brabham and Zakspeed (West - called 'Vost' in defaults) liveries. I have been playing about with updating the skin for a Ferrari, but it is too crude for release as car-skinning is new to me. Results so far are acceptable to me, but can be much better.

View attachment 1270950
I did a quick version of this. Free to download.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    156.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hello everyone! Anyone willing to help me with Legions 917k? I have asked on his page but have not received an answer. The windscreen wiper does not remove the droplets on the windscreen. You can see the rain from the inside but on the outside the windscreen looks completely dry? Anyone know what the error could be? Link to the car

I think I asked this before but don't remember if anyone had any solution for it. This happens always with RSS cars, but sometimes others as well but not as consistently. You can see in the shot that the wheels are frozed. I shot this in F5 camera, with slow shutter speed(see the blurred background), but the wheels are just frozed. Sometimes I can get around this issue if I use "motion shot" button and set the duration manually but sometimes it just won't work regardless what time I set it at, or what shutter speed I use. Whats weird is sometimes I can take photo just fine with the same car in the early part of a session, but later on it will just stop working and you just keep getting shots like this

View attachment 1271068
I find that happens any time I'm using F5 orbital camera, the wheels stop turning during the shot, so I try to avoid the F5 camera.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back