Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
Hello,
I like this A4 DTM - 2004, however the engine sounds (interior as well as exterior) do sound non-DTM (to me at least. Sounds "American V8" to be honest. I can be wrong whether sounds should fit this A4 DTM, but might have to look for changing some stuff on the audi_a4_r9_dtm.bank here.

BUT, thanks very much for providing the mod! Apreciated!
yeh i see what you mean. luckily changing sounds over is pretty simple (if using CM). i am glad you are enjoying it though, the credit goes to someone.......just not sure who!

... and also I have the slight suspicion that this version of the mod have something "toxic", (or at least, the one I downloaded, I don't remember exactly where): when I installed the car, the apps (speed and gear, lap time, display map, etc) that I have on screen had disappeared, so I had to reconfigure them...

Since I'm not an expert, I can't say for sure that the reason for these problems is what I've said, but it's happened to me before, especially when installing mods of dubious quality... that's why I always install and test them one by one; this way lets you know which mod is screwing everything up...
i do exactly the same, i download and test first to see if i want to keep it, otherwise i end up hoarding crap. personally i haven't had any issue with lua's version but it is encrypted so i guess it was never going to end well. and like i said f302's version just feels a tad nicer to use and certainly does not look any worse

Let´s Raceroom
__custom_showroom_1689275996.jpg

hey guys, I have the small issue

one of the modcars I downloaded has a windshield-banner, which does reflect the curbs and the texture of the road from the bottom "through" the car. I drive with cockpit camera, so its veeery dictracting,
so I want this reflections disabled.

(all reflections settings I already tried from content manager, didnt do anything (or do they? I couldnt find it)).

Im kind of hoping that this is easy to fix. But I have no idea. The rest of the car is really nice, so Id like to keep it, and drive it.
Have you any idea how this can be tweaked and solved? I hoped maybe I only need to find the config file and change the parameters for the reflextion of the banner. But I dont know.. Im not owning Photoshop, and I hope
this can be solved without such (paid) software?

Appreciate your feedback! Thanks and regards, Dave
I know what you mean, and as it happens, just the other day at @Pfalzdriver´s tuned Scirocco, I fixed that for myself. But unfortunately, I didn't have the time to test it. That's why I haven't published it here yet.

But the basic part works imo, and should also work for other cars with name adjustments. On the other hand, I´m more familiar with tracks than with cars. So, maybe someone will post a better solution.
At least this worked for me:
INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Ext_Glass_Banner
SHADER= ksPerPixel

Add this to the ext_config.ini of a car. Rename "Ext_Glass_Banner" to a name you get when you click on a specific car banner. In the showroom or on the track with the Object Inspector switched on.

Released :Jaguar XJR-9 LM Spec V. 1.0
Converted from GT6 By F302
-Working Wipers (animeted)
-Interior Light
-interior AO (carbon parts only)
-interior new mapping (carbon parts and alcantara)
-extension Folder(wipers)
-add lods
hope u enjoy the Car

View attachment 1272411ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
please give your opinion on the car
what is good and what is less good!

tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download:
Superb car, really like it. Small flicker around the area of the Castrol badge on the front as the car comes towards you on F3 reply and again when the cat is going away from you the the XJR9 and v12 badges on the rear flicker again with the F3 view. Otherwise perfect. I'm using csp 0.1.80-preview218

Regards

Mark

I know what you mean, and as it happens, just the other day at @Pfalzdriver´s tuned Scirocco, I fixed that for myself. But unfortunately, I didn't have the time to test it. That's why I haven't published it here yet.

But the basic part works imo, and should also work for other cars with name adjustments. On the other hand, I´m more familiar with tracks than with cars. So, maybe someone will post a better solution.
INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
SHADER= ksPerPixel

Add this to the ext_config.ini of a car. Rename "Ext_Glass_Banner" to a name you get when you click on a specific car banner. In the showroom or on the track with the Object Inspector switched on.
Yep, confirmed as working - this morning I did this for the Scirocco tuned version, the one with the banner, to remove the road reflections:

Code:
;to remove road reflection from internal windscreen banner
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
SHADER= ksPerPixel

Last edited:
hey guys, I have the small issue

one of the modcars I downloaded has a windshield-banner, which does reflect the curbs and the texture of the road from the bottom "through" the car. I drive with cockpit camera, so its veeery dictracting,
so I want this reflections disabled.

(all reflections settings I already tried from content manager, didnt do anything (or do they? I couldnt find it)).

Im kind of hoping that this is easy to fix. But I have no idea. The rest of the car is really nice, so Id like to keep it, and drive it.
Have you any idea how this can be tweaked and solved? I hoped maybe I only need to find the config file and change the parameters for the reflextion of the banner. But I dont know.. Im not owning Photoshop, and I hope
this can be solved without such (paid) software?

Appreciate your feedback! Thanks and regards, Dave

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
SHADER= ksPerPixel

Yep, confirmed as working - this morning I did this for the Scirocco tuned version, the one with the banner, to remove the road reflections:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
SHADER= ksPerPixel
You need to move the banner object into the cockpit_hr node. This can also be achieved via ext_config.ini. It's the correct way to do it for lighting and such but anyway if your solution is working then maybe don't bother. Ofcourse stating the obvious but better to report to mod maker if they are reachable.

Random but sometimes the cars don't like traction control being on. Have you tried switching it off? More common in older car mods but does happen every now and again.
yes traction is off, its very odd. I thought someone could teach me how to edit the ini files/data files for the gearbox. Full max throttle is just very slow rev climbs and never reaches 6th gear

View attachment 1272439

Hello all, I am having an issue in this 2022 FW44 where the gears don't climb high enough to full engine potential, it is very slow acceleration.. I max out at around 5th gear. How can I solve this? Appreciate any help thanks!

yes traction is off, its very odd. I thought someone could teach me how to edit the ini files/data files for the gearbox. Full max throttle is just very slow rev climbs and never reaches 6th gear
I usually don't drive modern open wheelers, but you got me curious so I tried the car. On my side nothing wrong. Going fast through all gears. To be sure I also tried the Mercedes, and same there. Both equally fast.
Have you tried reinstalling the car ?

@Rainmaker87

Please tell me, are all the track improvements you released on RD, also to find here? :bowdown:
I am mainly after the 1988s tracks.
I try to DL some on RD and it´s once again a pain.... can last few weeks or somethin ^^
@Rainmaker87 as his mediafire link of all files in his signature (didnt see his reply, but for anyone else who tries to find the same thing)

Last edited:
yep i know

-Acura NSX RM -ingame 95% done
-Lexus ISF Racing Concept ´08 (The DTM Version) ingame -99% done
-TVR Tuscan Speed Six RM´00 ingame- 80% done
-Jaguar ´XJR-9 LM -ingame -100% done
-Bentley Speed 8 ´03 ingame -90% done
-GT by Citoen Race Car´08 ingame -100% done
-Opel Calibra DTM ´94 ingame -50% done
- Nissan Skyline R32 Touringcar ingame -100%done
View attachment 1272561
------------------------
-VW Scirocco GT24
-Lotus Elise RM '96
-Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO Touring
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05
-maybe more

A non-encrypted Silvia would be fantastic! Love the work thus far. Keep it up!

Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 30/06/2023 --> 13/07/2023
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 30/06/2023 --> 13/07/2023

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 14/07/2023 --> TBA
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 14/07/2023 --> TBA

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

INI:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
SHADER= ksPerPixel

Thanks man, tried it, just to be sure tried it with all 3 materials in that area of the windshield, which is the windshield, the inside banner, and the outside banner, didnt work, unless I messed something up? :) this I added in the ext_config

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Banner_int
SHADER= ksPerPixel

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Banner_out
SHADER= ksPerPixel

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = INT_GLASS
SHADER= ksPerPixel

Thanks man, tried it, just to be sure tried it with all 3 materials in that area of the windshield, which is the windshield, the inside banner, and the outside banner, didnt work, unless I messed something up? :) this I added in the ext_config

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Banner_int
SHADER= ksPerPixel

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = Banner_out
SHADER= ksPerPixel

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = INT_GLASS
SHADER= ksPerPixel
On which car do you tried this? I can't say what's wrong, without inspecting it myself. Could you share it? Maybe per PM?

Last edited:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
SHADER= ksPerPixel
hey man, I just replied to "slider666" that it didnt work myside, then I came up with the idea, maybe its possible or easier just to remove the banner itself? :) or maybe there is a plan b, I dont know,
but thanks a lot also to you!

The Sciroccos banner is reflecting the road inside of the car? Never noticed myself, but I trust you on that one. :)

Moving the Ext_Window into Cockpit_HR doesnt really make sense tho. The banner is a doublesided part of ext_window. I guess I'll split it into a separate mesh and move this one to Cockpit_HR. Will take care of it next week, this weekend I'm not at home all day long.

BTW, Int_Glass and ksPerPixel doesnt really make sense too, does it?

Last edited:
BTW, Int_Glass and ksPerPixel doesnt really make sense too, does it?
Haha, yeah, many things here doesnt make sense to me
but I rather try, as I dont know what this is meaning anyways (I dont even know what "ksperpixel" stands for, and I wouldnt have to know if it worked, that was the plan)

for now I try to keep the effort to a minimum, its just one anoying banner, if its to complex to solve, then its not worth to be solved ;)
I have enough other cars.

But I am a curious person, so I thought I give it a try

I hate unfinished work.

Can you test this one please: https://mega.nz/file/c8tAibLD#2cleK85GSFpRUoVI5UoTKv6LvVavisVUWZj-nBIOpWs

I made a quick test at the drag strip and Mugello and didnt notice any reflections at the banner. But maybe its because of my csp settings, cant test every single combination. :lol:

Just replace the existing pfa_vwsci_mk1_s1.kn5 with this one. Internal Banner is now a standalone mesh within Cockpit_HR.

If this is working I'll create new LODs and a new VAO this evening and update the car with the already changed stuff yesterday. :)

Any progress on those beauties? I'm still loving the Challenger LM as you can see with my very amateur paintshop skills. (I was originally going for a TA2 look)

View attachment 1272668
View attachment 1272669
I too made a skin for this car, it's on racedepartment, and im working on one atm, can you share these beuties with us?

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15
Yes, although they are not 100% perfect, as well as invented/adapted cars. Until someone decides to do something more correctly I will continue this work.
That's right, I don't intend to be with me as soon as possible (after some tests and adjustments), I hope to "SHARE EVERYTHING" ...
don't worry mate, I'm sure people here understand it's 100% amateur conversion, as for myself, it's no big deal if physics are not spot on: it will be mainly for ai. Because as you say "fill the grid©" is the way to go! ;)

I hate unfinished work.

Can you test this one please: https://mega.nz/file/c8tAibLD#2cleK85GSFpRUoVI5UoTKv6LvVavisVUWZj-nBIOpWs

I made a quick test at the drag strip and Mugello and didnt notice any reflections at the banner. But maybe its because of my csp settings, cant test every single combination. :lol:

Just replace the existing pfa_vwsci_mk1_s1.kn5 with this one. Internal Banner is now a standalone mesh within Cockpit_HR.

If this is working I'll create new LODs and a new VAO this evening and update the car with the already changed stuff yesterday. :)
It works as in it no longer reflects the road, but the green tint completely disappears when facing away from the sun.
I remember having this issue years ago on a car with a similar translucent sunstrip, but can't remember what the solution was.
Paging @norms, our resident sunstrip oracle.

Released :Jaguar XJR-9 LM Spec V. 1.0
Converted from GT6 By F302
-Working Wipers (animeted)
-Interior Light
-interior AO (carbon parts only)
-interior new mapping (carbon parts and alcantara)
-extension Folder(wipers)
-add lods
hope u enjoy the Car

View attachment 1272411ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
please give your opinion on the car
what is good and what is less good!

tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download:
Thanks for releasing the mod.
The decals did not appear to be transparent, so the following was added to ext_config.
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=decal
MATERIALS=hood_castrol,number,body_decal,decal_4
SHADER=ksPerPixel
BLEND_MODE=ALPHA_BLEND
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

but can't remember what the solution was
Switching to ksperpixel seems to solve this ... which makes absolutely no sense. Welcome to AC. ;)

Edit: ksperpixel is the deal, update this evening. And I've inserted Kitty into another node, so she is also visible in LodB.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back