Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
Very appreciated. I always used and loved @shi conversion (have you a plan for a competitive AI for this version?). Now I try this your gabenhood fixed version. Thanks.

Edit: is it possible increase people on the stand? And what is this?

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2023_hanoi_f12020_31-6-123-6-33-22.jpg

Last edited:
How hard would it be to make a alternate track layout for the RT Bathurst track which cuts out the Chase/kink on the main straight?

If anyone could do that for me I'd happily pay them for their efforts.

Very appreciated. I always used and loved @shi conversion (have you a plan for a competitive AI for this version?). Now I try this your gabenhood fixed version. Thanks.

Edit: is it possible increase people on the stand? And what is this?

View attachment 1276411
Here you go. Yesterday I had issue with FPS adding more spectators but today it was OK.

No plans for the shi version I liked the GabenHood more. I don't have this strange link to the sky. Reinstall helps?

Ford RS200 Group B (Blaze) update Shokeus Act80's V1.01a ,

it would be shorter to say what I didn’t change than the reverse...., I took the same physics as the "Pack Voitures de Rallye Gr.B" (Act80's)

View attachment 1276311

there are still some bugs with the driver and these animations, I see if I have time but I didn’t want to spend so much time on it...

Link : https://mega.nz/file/105WmC6I#DqCxmb2MzVOHzIMVCRQvMXV2keGDqUIeSqpUR7X7rWE

Enjoy !
There's hardly any gap between the bottom of the steering wheel and the front of the seat, which will always cause a problem with the driver posture and animation. Not sure if Forza's model is at fault or if you replaced the seats and set them a little too high? The top of the seat back is almost touching the roof liner.
I suspect Forza's cockpit model might be at fault as the footwell seems quite shallow.
A quick improvement to the driver and shifting can be made by adding and repositioning the steer.ksanim and shift.ksanim from RSS's 360 Modena, but the driver is still submerged in the seat with his feet clipping through the footwell.

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic, but after suffering this incident, an epiphany has revealed to me, which I'm going to proclaim to the wind...

View attachment 1276313

Currently, in Assetto Corsa, quite acceptable damage can be included in the cars, also crowds like the ones in the image, quite realistic (not like those cardboard characters used sometimes...). I remember some tracks with marshals talking and moving, even another with photographers taking pictures... there's moving objects like poles, cones, brake markers, people waving flags, external traffic, trains, roller coasters, ambient sounds...

I know that some of those lesser used features (which help a lot with immersion) must be difficult and laborious to implement, but... wouldn't it be wonderful if they were included more frequently (like the usual rain, grass or lights fx) to keep improving all kinds of tracks and cars? If so, who would need another sim besides Assetto Corsa, that has almost everything?

Well, I'll keep daydreaming...

(I think these dream thoughts have been produced by the concussion I suffered in the crash, because of how realistic this game can be...) 😵
I was actually thinking the same thing for the past 2 months, when I was playing PGR4, I've noticed how immersive it felt compared to AC. PGR4 had flags waving, very good models of people with animations and light flashings from cameras and I like the minor detail of some people giving the "Ooh he crashed, that's not good!" jester of them backing up a bit and covering their mouths with their hands, super cool minor detail! In AC, models of people do vary from the 2D sprites or what you call it "cardboard people" move and some don't, to 3D models that don't move most of the time or do move, but rarely. A good example of that is Goodwoods hillclimb HQ layout. I do like the screen animations of the projectors that we've got in a lot of tracks, like the ones in GT7.
pb_camaro_con_06_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_05_18_30.jpg

Also I love the Easter eggs, like the shadow man changes form and positions every session.
pb_camaro_con_06_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_05_19_12.jpg
pb_camaro_con_06_g333_goodwood_hillclimb_05_20_08.jpg

And umm, this.... 🤣

rss_gt_vortex_v10_circuit_sebring2021_09_20_07.jpg

And I agree with you on the ambient sounds too, PGR4 has really good immersive noise, the crowd noises, horns blasting and the clapping and cheering. In AC sometimes it does depend on the track. Some tracks actually have announcers, crowd cheering, LOUD tire changing sounds and all around decent pit ambiance too, like the recent Sainte Croix mod. With other tracks it's just nature ambiance, birds chirping and wind noise, that's it.

I understand if AC has some limitations on these features and some wouldn't be able to experience these features due to their hardware limitations, but still.

New test versions of the Marcos Mantis and Gillet Vertigo v2.01:

Gillet Vertigo
v2.01 (Test version, car is still W.I.P.)

View attachment 1276045

Download:
  • no LODS
  • only 3 skins for now (more will come with final release)
  • physics and BoP is still w.i.p.
Changelog:
  • new rollcage
  • optimised shader settings
  • tires not floating anymore
  • edited interior on drivers side
  • optimised driver animation
  • replaced pedals
  • added new sound
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos Mantis GT3 v2.01 (Test version, car is still W.I.P.)
View attachment 1276046

Download:
known bugs or need to be fixed:

• only 3 skins for now (more will come with final release)
  • no LODS
  • physics and BoP is still w.i.p.
Changelog:
  • optimised circular hood apertures
  • optimised shader settings
  • changed to six-speed gear Box
  • internal windshield Banner is mirrored now
Thanks for the updates, both cars are a blast.
I think the 6-speed gearbox on the Mantis is a sequential Hollinger (which matches the shifter and animation better) but the car is still currently set up with gated manual shifting, not sequential.

Last edited:
REUPLOAD + UPDATE Detroit Belle Isle 2012

Originally overwritten by the 2017 version by Enders, here is a reupload of the original old track plus update of the track. Just for your collection. I would prefer the 2021 version.

View attachment 1276242View attachment 1276240
View attachment 1276241

No problems here.

View attachment 1276239
In 2012 Indycar drove this layout, not the later one.
I believe there is a sim version of this layout somewhere for GTR2 or rFactor.
1690801444985.png

Ford RS200 Group B (Blaze) update Shokeus Act80's V1.01a ,

it would be shorter to say what I didn’t change than the reverse...., I took the same physics as the "Pack Voitures de Rallye Gr.B" (Act80's)

View attachment 1276311

there are still some bugs with the driver and these animations, I see if I have time but I didn’t want to spend so much time on it...

Link : https://mega.nz/file/105WmC6I#DqCxmb2MzVOHzIMVCRQvMXV2keGDqUIeSqpUR7X7rWE

Enjoy !
Attached is the correct data for the gearbox for the RS200, from the owners manual, and some alternatives options from the homologation papers. I have started to make it, but have yet to test, as still trying to decide if it is better to multiply the final drive or each independent ratios to account for what the drop gears are doing in the rally car. I started by multiplying the final drive, but I think it may be better to make gear sets instead...

rs200 road car.png

rs200 gear ratios.png

rs200 alt gears.png

rs200 final drive.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the off topic, but after suffering this incident, an epiphany has revealed to me, which I'm going to proclaim to the wind...

View attachment 1276313

Currently, in Assetto Corsa, quite acceptable damage can be included in the cars, also crowds like the ones in the image, quite realistic (not like those cardboard characters used sometimes...). I remember some tracks with marshals talking and moving, even another with photographers taking pictures... there's moving objects like poles, cones, brake markers, people waving flags, external traffic, trains, roller coasters, ambient sounds...

I know that some of those lesser used features (which help a lot with immersion) must be difficult and laborious to implement, but... wouldn't it be wonderful if they were included more frequently (like the usual rain, grass or lights fx) to keep improving all kinds of tracks and cars? If so, who would need another sim besides Assetto Corsa, that has almost everything?

Well, I'll keep daydreaming...

(I think these dream thoughts have been produced by the concussion I suffered in the crash, because of how realistic this game can be...) 😵

Like this?

Screenshot_rss_lmp_ferruccio_33_v12_31-6-123-9-15-52.jpg

screenshot_rss_lmp_ferruccio_33_v12_31-6-123-9-14-26-jpg.1276487

Last edited:
It was workiong up until yesterday... with changing weather from quick drive (real weather being selected). Now it wont work! Condition are set to "Ideal" and still not working, I even check the game integrity...
1690813791786.png

Attached is the correct data for the gearbox for the RS200, from the owners manual, and some alternatives options from the homologation papers. I have started to make it, but have yet to test, as still trying to decide if it is better to multiply the final drive or each independent ratios to account for what the drop gears are doing in the rally car. I started by multiplying the final drive, but I think it may be better to make gear sets instead...
IRL Gearing for RS200 (Blaze), tested on the road car only but should work on the full on rally monster as well. Changes to setup.ini to include 2 gearsets, standard and alternative (short), new final drive ratios adjusted to fit the 4 different sets of drop gears from the homologation papers for the RS200. Also changed gear ratios in the drivetrain.ini to fit what was delivered with the road car.

Default setting = what Ford put into the road car. Good for 236kmh / 147mph (drag limited).

How to install:

Download zip file from this post
Unpack the cars data with CM
Rename data.acd to something like data.old (so you can always go back if you don't like the IRL stuff)
Extract files from zip and drop into the data folder (it contains a setup.ini, drivetrain.ini and final.rto)
Hit the track and have fun!

Attachments

• RS200_IRL_Gearing.zip
    3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
alot of track/car combo's that I saved in Single Drive do not boot up, saying AC crashed and written an error log, but the error logs are not readable... This with CSP 0.1.80-preview346. When I revert back to 0.1.79 they work again...
Did you open the crash report with an archived such as WinRAR or something like that? All of the .report files include a few compressed files so it needs to be opened with an extractor, give that a try.
After trying RMi_wood's random Assetto / CSP tip #872 they seem to work again! so indeed it was prob something with old settings values from CSP conflicting w newer CSP version.

EDIT: everyone having issues w CSP should try this first , it's a golden tip (thx RMi ! ).
Everyone should store that post as a favorite, for future troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Ouh yeah, for instance...

Although honestly, what I miss the most is visible damages in cars after a crash. It's not very immersive to give yourself the smack of your life and that the car, after turning some rollovers and several sommersault twists, does not have a single scratch...
Yesterday I was thinking about how can a puncture seem real, as there are different damage depending on how the tyre tears down, sometimes destroying completely the car fibres or loosing pressure slowly. It would be great seeing the car fibres flying over the wheel getting shredded violently.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back