Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Oops, looks like URD have been making the same car...

That's a bit unfortunate, when there are so many other options

thats always a thing i don’t understand.. i know they may be not talking to each other .. but.. if you know that rss is making some gt3s why go and also make gt3s?
i would love to see urd go for some lmp3 or mid 2000 cars.. something wich hasent been done yet..
same dilemma with the upcoming hypercars.. vrc and rss are making.

thats always a thing i don’t understand.. i know they may be not talking to each other .. but.. if you know that rss is making some gt3s why go and also make gt3s?
i would love to see urd go for some lmp3 or mid 2000 cars.. something wich hasent been done yet..
I read a comment on URD's discord saying "the competition is good". No it isn't lol, not for a game that has a year in it left and is getting duplicate mods out the wazoo in the last year or two. We want variety before AC's end-of-life when AC2 comes out an all the modding teams abandon this game for that one.

Last edited:

No issues with the same class of car, but there are so many options for GT3s it's a shame they don't coordinate which ones they are doing IMO.

Maybe one (or both) of them has been making the car for another studio (AMS2?) and release for AC as a byproduct?

I read a comment on URD's discord saying "the competition is good". No it isn't lol, not for a game that has a year in it left and is getting duplicate mods out the wazoo in the last year or two. We want variety before AC's end-of-life when AC2 comes out an all the modders abandon this game for that one.

There's a lot of assumptions you're making about AC2's moddability there. I suspect it'll be a lot more locked down, though hopefully at least open to the studios like these guys. But will such completely unlicenced content fly?

Last edited:
Probably they are preparing for 2024 WEC LMGT3 regulations so they have most of the GT3 grid, and GT3 are cars that everyone likes so i see it as a win win for them

Checked all my tracks with my new wheel for road meshes. Generally good feel. Here are the ones that I wanted to improve:

4 track updates, all with reworked road meshes

... male more sense to male...
c64297cdf635ef07bbe79b0ab21a5739.jpg

(God bless the spellchecker for allowing us to have a laugh from time to time... 🤭)

Last edited:
yeah but would male more sense to male the 296 or the new Ford Mustang GT3 in that case..

To be fair, Lexus is expected to be in WEC GT class next year. I'm happy to see them both working on modern GT3 cars, because they're a mainstay of some of the biggest races for the next few years and have great variety. Just a pity they're both releasing the same one (and the split of skins between them). I guess they were in a race with each other to release and RSS has won through here.

End of the day though, enough grumbling - we've got 2x fantastic new scratch made GT3 cars! And that's much better than having 0.

I doubt there's enough detail about the not-yet-homologated Ford and Corvette, but I'm sure one or the other will be working on the 296 this year. LP Design is working on a Ford also, though that's obviously not quite the same (would be great if he'd create a 'normal' store).

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have any skins for the Alfa Romeo 155 by Jens Kapischke, aka F302? Car's folder name is "f302_alfa_romeo_155_ts_fwd" and it only comes with a single skin.

I tried looking everywhere but I can't seem to find any. Thanks in advance!

I wonder how they decide what projects to start. Perhaps it's just that GT3 and F1 etc sell better. But I must admit that it's not very exciting...

Surprised/disappointed that nobody's taken a crack at mid-90s JGTC. You can't say there wouldn't be interest in those cars.
Kids these days think modern digital cars are interesting because they didn't live through the glory days of analogue motorsport, when things were actually exciting and unpredictable, where driver skill was more important than technology.
The next generation will probably think that EVs are the dog's bollocks.
But yeah, these URD and RSS cars are even more puzzling when we already have a plethora of excellent 1:1 ports of the actual brands from ACC... while 80s/90s/00s Touring Cars remain woefully under-represented.

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have any skins for the Alfa Romeo 155 by Jens Kapischke, aka F302? Car's folder name is "f302_alfa_romeo_155_ts_fwd" and it only comes with a single skin.

I tried looking everywhere but I can't seem to find any. Thanks in advance!
I quickly added 6 plain skins, and was able to find 2 more race skins (from a v0.1 from F302 / Shokeus ACT80's )

1696160760278.png
1696160776119.png

1696160796505.png
1696160817528.png
1696160839520.png
1696160857056.png
1696160873690.png
1696160899740.png

You can fetch them here (for me the car was named f302_alfa_romeo_155_ts without the _fwd) so you should not drag&drop but just copy the skin folders manually into the car folder.

If you want you can put the time in and with the Paint app make some extra race skins (add decals , sponser logo's and numbers)...
I don't find it worth it to put more effort in it as the instruments view are blocked by the wheel (and thus I preffer other cars where I can actually see the dashboard instruments)

cheers and enjoy!

Last edited:
I read a comment on URD's discord saying "the competition is good". No it isn't lol, not for a game that has a year in it left and is getting duplicate mods out the wazoo in the last year or two. We want variety before AC's end-of-life when AC2 comes out an all the modding teams abandon this game for that one.
We've talked about this a long time ago #70,903 these duplicates are getting out of hand at this point... Though, it is great to see a better version of the car, I'd say the ACC converted Lexus is fine for me. Plenty of liveries and sound mods by the community to get it up to standards. Heck, I even put the most miles into that ACC version in my garage.

Lexus.PNG

URD should just hang it up (IMO). I don't mind duplicates with different configurations like same car, but with a different rear wing, different wheels, one with endurance lights, one doesn't, ones RHD, ones LHD etc, etc. This would be a different story if the Lexus was either a bad convert, has issues or was a car from an old game like GTR2. Honestly, the car is great with no issues what so ever. This happened last time with the new Porsche 992 GT3-R, there was a sim dream version, then a Bonny version and then a URD version. Luckily Bonny stop working on the car for multiple reasons, one being that it gotten leaked.

I don't get why RSS is making GT3 cars (same can be said for URD) that have already looked good and have been worked on well, just make unique cars like that RSS FIA pack and VRC's Pavey Longhood and newly released TA2 Dagger or make fictional cars like what LP design did with their Alfa Romeo GTM and Zagato GT3 cars. We could use another FIA GT pack from them, I like to see something, like a 2007 FIA GT theme pack - Saleen S7.R EVO, the C6.R, F430 GT2/GTC, 997 RSR etc. Just something different from any other modding team.

F1 1992 Track Pack

-CSP recommended
-Includes 16 tracks

(Kyalami, Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Barcelona, Imola, Monaco, Montreal, Magny Cours, Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Spa, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka, Adelaide)

converted/updated by shin956

Please see my patreon post or readme for credits for each Tracks.
Thank you to all involved.

Patreon download link;
ASR Formula website download link;

Enjoy.

02/06/2024 - Imola/ Montreal/ Silverstone updated to v1.01.
04/26/2024 - Included AI updates by Thockard.
https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/authors/thockard.3457888/

Kyalami/ Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez/ Interlagos/ Monaco/ Magny Cours/ Hungaroring updated to v1.01.
Imola/ Montreal updated to v1.02.

06/24/2024 - Estoril/ Suzuka/ Adelaide updated to v1.01.
07/16/2024 - Hockenheimring updated to v1.01. Suzuka updated to v1.02.
09/03/2024 - Spa updated to v1.1.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I need some help with CSP's Smart Mirrors feature. With the Real Mirrors box checked, the rear view camera screens in some cars like yzd_audi_r18_etron_2012 here are useless:
20231001-145010-Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) Day-Audi R18 e-tron quattro.jpg

I used to be able to fix this with the Car Mirrors app but it's gone for some reason. I tried installing it from here but it still doesn't show up in the in-game apps menu or in CM's Python Apps menu. I'm using CSP 0.1.80-preview346. I consider Real Mirrors essential for VR so any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone, I need some help with CSP's Smart Mirrors feature. With the Real Mirrors box checked, the rear view camera screens in some cars like yzd_audi_r18_etron_2012 here are useless:
View attachment 1291760
I used to be able to fix this with the Car Mirrors app but it's gone for some reason. I tried installing it from here but it still doesn't show up in the in-game apps menu or in CM's Python Apps menu. I'm using CSP 0.1.80-preview346. I consider Real Mirrors essential for VR so any help is greatly appreciated.
You can make mirrors into monitors by adding this line to the extension.ini-file:

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
IS_MONITOR=1

Mirror number vary from 0 to 2, but the center mirror is usually number 1.

Last edited:
shi
F1 1992 Track Pack v1.0

-CSP recommended
-Includes 16 tracks

(Kyalami, Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Barcelona, Imola, Monaco, Montreal, Magny Cours, Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Spa, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka, Adelaide)

converted/updated by shin956

Please see my patreon post or readme for credits for each Tracks.
Thank you to all involved.

Patreon download link;
ASR Formula website download link;

Enjoy.

GOATed content, probably the best thing to come out of the AC modding scene this year

View attachment 1291760
Install the mirrors app from the 'app shelf' app in game

As an ai opponent the existing Lexus RC-Fs (including the ACC version) had no balance to the other cars in their class. Attempts to BOP it helped some, but it always seems to be over its limit. I for one am looking forward to the new RSS car, and any other better versions of existing mods (whether for driving or just grid filling). I'm a big fan of GT3 so it's kinda sad to see some people so negative about the new releases. These are awesome works. And reasonably priced! Hey if they bother you, don't buy them. That's all I have to say about that.

Never, Assetto Corsa 2 will have copy protection for 3D models, sound, textures, etc. Plus, they're not stupid at Kunos, they see what potential there is in mods in Assetto Corsa and will want to fill their own pockets.

Assetto Corsa 2 will be even less interesting than ACC when it comes to modding.

Ilja's Encryption is already almost perfect and there will be one in AC2 that is even more perfect, maybe by him too, who knows.

It will be that way because you can make money with it and that's when the friendship always ends.

They'll get RSS and co on board, at least that's what I would do.

It will stay with AC1 and for a very long time.
The one year thing is nonsense, the requirements for AC2 will be enormously higher and only very few people have such a powerful PC, most have medium and low end PCs, which is why there are so many active mod communities for old games.

A platform as open as AC1, which also looks good, will never die and will never exist again.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back