Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,522 comments
Friends, over the weekend I tried again to mimic IMSA and do some practice with 53'ish cars with their real-life skins at Road Atlanta, but the '99% cpu' message and lag seems to always be there regardless of what I turn down. I race in VR and have an i7-9700/32GB/3080ti but my question is, will throwing more hardware make this problem go away, or will there always be "99% cpu" issues trying to run 50+ cars? Same thing happens at Le Mans.
I'm not sure any current CPU could cope with 50+ cars and VR with a smooth experience

I also have the i7-9700k/3080, you would definitely see an improvement upgrading your CPU, but would mean new Motherboard and ram too

Not even sure a 4090 teamed with the best CPU would be enough?

this problem only gets worst since AC is a terribly optimized game (as everyone knows). If you want to play with that many cars with it you would probably need a NASA computer or downgrade a little your graphics (especially things like lights and shadows).
You're only partly right, my friend.

The problem with AC isnt the power of a modern GPU, the problem is the CPU. AC has a veeeeery old engine, dont forget it was released in 2014 and it was necessary that it didnt require the latest hardware. Due to that the engine calculates everthing related to physics at one core of the CPU, all the others are bored to hell, just working on regular background tasks.

So if you want a big grid in AC offline, you require a decent GPU but more important you require a CPU with an incredible good singlecore performance.

Just as an example, I'm currently running a 4070Ti at 3440x1440 and 70% power target, combined with a 5600x, graphics is nearly maxed out, no FSR or TAA in use. The version of the Nords I'm using is heavily modded too, with a (reworked) extension from Pyyer, my own additions and 8k textures. I'm still able to put 37 different (!) cars on track to max out this one core, with constant 90+ fps. Except at the exit of the parking lot, there is always a drop to ~70fps, but watching the render stats clearly states this is related to the CPU too.

Dont forget, the Nords is per se very heavy on both CPU and GPU.

Until this summer I've used a 1070, non Ti, and I was able to archive 60 fps at 1920x1080, same amount of cars and same optimisations of the Nords. So imho AC isnt that bad optimised, with the 1070 I personally had more problems in ACC ... which is according to some collegues really bad optimised to play with VR.

Friends, over the weekend I tried again to mimic IMSA and do some practice with 53'ish cars with their real-life skins at Road Atlanta, but the '99% cpu' message and lag seems to always be there regardless of what I turn down. I race in VR and have an i7-9700/32GB/3080ti but my question is, will throwing more hardware make this problem go away, or will there always be "99% cpu" issues trying to run 50+ cars? Same thing happens at Le Mans.
I'm not sure any current CPU could cope with 50+ cars and VR with a smooth experience

I also have the i7-9700k/3080, you would definitely see an improvement upgrading your CPU, but would mean new Motherboard and ram too

Not even sure a 4090 teamed with the best CPU would be enough?
Car mod optimization is a major factor too. I enjoyed large grid racing, but I'm gaming on a ancient potato PC (i7-4790k/1070ti) so I will go out of my way to optimize any modded cars I download. (and why I'm heavily against encrypted mods...) There's a huge laundry list of things you need to do to properly optimize modded cars, but for now I will show you how to analyze cars, so you can see for yourself how poor optimized cars can heavily effect your gameplay.

First you need to enable developer mode in content manager. On the top right side click "About" below "Content Manager" you'll see a version number. Spam-click the version number until a prompted ask to turn on developer mode. (Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think you need a paid version of Content Manager) Once development mode is enabled, go to the car list in the "Content" menu you see analyze button has appeared on the bottom. Click on it will show a list of statistic such as Numbers of triangles, LOD's, textures size, skin size, etc, and color grading system so to show how optimized the car is.

The Goal here?... You want nothing less than all green A rating for smoother gameplay. (although the "COCKPIT_HR is missing" may be ignored. I don't have much problem with it personally.) Another good way to test if this true is to fill the grid with all kunos cars vs your current modded car, since all kunos cars are optimized.

1697526296634.png

As for optimizing modded cars? Well you may wanna put aside a hour or so because as I mentioned earlier it involves many steps, such as going into CM showroom to "Unpack LOD KN5" so you can downsized each dds images, which can be done by using a free paint editor such as Gimp. afterward you'll have to imported the car model and save it over with ksEditor.

You may to use CM's LOD generator, but first you need to download Simplygon. (it's not pretty looking, but it gets the job done plus it has many adjustable settings) and for some odd reason many modders like to create 4K skin textures (Cool for replays, but not good for gameplay!) so you may want to downsize each 4k skins to 2k at least. I may give a proper tutorial one day, but at least this will give you a general idea.

Whilst I agree, I appreciate that things like these could take a lot of work, so I can understand not undertaking this.
The only problem I have with Montreal is the ai line through the fast sweepers after the hairpin.
The ai cars lift off the gas there(maybe even hit the brakes!), when it should be comfortably flat-out.
I created an AI that does not slow down on the corner after the hairpin you are talking about. Please try it out. It is not perfect.

Attachments

• asr_owc_1992_round_07_ai.zip
    968.3 KB · Views: 24
Car mod optimization is a major factor too. I enjoyed large grid racing, but I'm gaming on a ancient potato PC (i7-4790k/1070ti) so I will go out of my way to optimize any modded cars I download. (and why I'm heavily against encrypted mods...) There's a huge laundry list of things you need to do to properly optimize modded cars, but for now I will show you how to analyze cars, so you can see for yourself how poor optimized cars can heavily effect your gameplay.

First you need to enable developer mode in content manager. On the top right side click "About" below "Content Manager" you'll see a version number. Spam-click the version number until a prompted ask to turn on developer mode. (Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think you need a paid version of Content Manager) Once development mode is enabled, go to the car list in the "Content" menu you see analyze button has appeared on the bottom. Click on it will show a list of statistic such as Numbers of triangles, LOD's, textures size, skin size, etc, and color grading system so to show how optimized the car is.

The Goal here?... You want nothing less than all green A rating for smoother gameplay. (although the "COCKPIT_HR is missing" may be ignored. I don't have much problem with it personally.) Another good way to test if this true is to fill the grid with all kunos cars vs your current modded car, since all kunos cars are optimized.

View attachment 1295883

As for optimizing modded cars? Well you may wanna put aside a hour or so because as I mentioned earlier it involves many steps, such as going into CM showroom to "Unpack LOD KN5" so you can downsized each dds images, which can be done by using a free paint editor such as Gimp. afterward you'll have to imported the car model and save it over with ksEditor.

You may to use CM's LOD generator, but first you need to download Simplygon. (it's not pretty looking, but it gets the job done plus it has many adjustable settings) and for some odd reason many modders like to create 4K skin textures (Cool for replays, but not good for gameplay!) so you may want to downsize each 4k skins to 2k at least. I may give a proper tutorial one day, but at least this will give you a general idea.
1697545938588.png

Furthermore, it is always a good idea to take a look at the optimization settings in Custom Shaders Patch > General Patch Settings :cheers:

(Fun fact: I built my PC in 2020, completely ignoring how AC interacts with the CPU cores 😂)

Ps: Does anyone know where I can find these rims? or at least what model are they?

1697547131711.png

Last edited:
I would like to start a discussion around rallying in AC.
My rally passion started one day on late 1999 (4 years), visiting a private test of Carlos Sainz in his first attempt in the Ford Focus WRC, this day I had the luck to meet Luis Moya and Carlos too, to talk with them and even take a photo, that also was published in AutoHebdo Sport magazine of that month.

photo1683892878.jpeg

Since then, I've been playing Colin Mcrae's PS games, V-Rally 1&2, WRC official ps2 games until Evolved and after that, I remained stuck in ps2 WRC4 almost until 2022, when I first downladed AC. Years ago I tried RBR from my friend's house and I just freaked out that moment. Between 2016-2022 I had been an amateur codriver, so I enjoyed that sport so much. So when I first tried rally mods of AC, I found RallyWorld and AssettoRallyGr.B cars, that for me were enough to join a first experience in stages of Targa Florio or that hungarian and french stages conversions for free in one of mentioned pages.

But later I discovered paying mods, small comunities that were growing by doing proper rally cars and stages modding and they started to share them sometimes for free, sometimes few money, almost ever well paid. To mention some; Simtraxx, Superstage.net, Verdes Garage, N&FModding and Kronos Simracing. Patrick Brunner and his CoDriver also worth to be named.

After all, I think nowadays theres a HQ rally mods there, those people has made a HUGE work (and still) and there's a lot of content there to join a proper rally experience in AC. Every day there's more and better ingredients to get the best rally experience possible in simracing I think. Check out that stage (paying mod) https://www.patreon.com/user/shop/riudecanyes-duesaigues-full-stage-32605?u=29148203 With a car from any of the mentioned teams and tell here what do you think about.
I believe that simple combination is enough to objectify my arguments.

Screenshot_acme_ford_puma_rally1_22_gravel_dr_sweed_9-10-122-20-9-52.jpg

Screenshot_sr_skoda_fabia_rs_rally2_tierra_2023_sr_shakedown_iberica_2022_11-7-123-2-20-23.jpg
Screenshot_acme_toyota_corolla_wrc_simtraxx_drazgose_4-0-123-18-30-33.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to start a discussion around rallying in AC.
My rally passion started one day on late 1999 (4 years), visiting a private test of Carlos Sainz in his first attempt in the Ford Focus WRC, this day I had the luck to meet Luis Moya and Carlos too, to talk with them and even take a photo, that also was published in AutoHebdo Sport magazine of that month.

View attachment 1295940

Since then, I've been playing Colin Mcrae's PS games, V-Rally 1&2, WRC official ps2 games until Evolved and after that, I remained stuck in ps2 WRC4 almost until 2022, when I first downladed AC. Years ago I tried RBR from my friend's house and I just freaked out that moment. Between 2016-2022 I had been an amateur codriver, so I enjoyed that sport so much. So when I first tried rally mods of AC, I found RallyWorld and AssettoRallyGr.B cars, that for me were enough to join a first experience in stages of Targa Florio or that hungarian and french stages conversions for free in one of mentioned pages.

But later I discovered paying mods, small comunities that were growing by doing proper rally cars and stages modding and they started to share them sometimes for free, sometimes few money, almost ever well paid. To mention some; Simtraxx, Superstage.net, Verdes Garage, N&FModding and Kronos Simracing. Patrick Brunner and his CoDriver also worth to be named.

After all, I think nowadays theres a HQ rally mods there, those people has made a HUGE work (and still) and there's a lot of content there to join a proper rally experience in AC. Every day there's more and better ingredients to get the best rally experience possible in simracing I think. Check out that stage (paying mod) https://www.patreon.com/user/shop/riudecanyes-duesaigues-full-stage-32605?u=29148203 With a car from any of the mentioned teams and tell here what do you think about.

View attachment 1295946
View attachment 1295949View attachment 1295950
I tried to build a comunity around rallying in assetto, but I came to conclusion that physics wise, and comunity wise, RBR is untouchable.

I tried to build a comunity around rallying in assetto, but I came to conclusion that physics wise, and comunity wise, RBR is untouchable.
I started writing "but RBR has no VR support, so it's a no-go for many who want an immersive experience... " ,
but then I first went to check if that is true, and I found out it is not,
as apparently it does support VR now... according this video here
(and by the looks of it , it's quite intense! seeing how the guy is sweating after a couple of stages ;)

Anyone tried RBR in VR and can vouch it "beats" AC?

View attachment 1295946
View attachment 1295949View attachment 1295950

Yeah rally is truely fascinating esp. group b days …
Sometimes i play DR or WRC earlier RBR with a controller and just enjoy the career mode or championship mode.

Several times I thought about give it a try in my go to game which obviously is AC.
But afaik there is no possibility of driving a rally ? Compete against AI
So driving Single stages just for fun would be a bit pointless to me.

Btw. at RD there is a Thread about AC rallying called Rallypedia or something like that.
I am sure you have already discovered it.

Last edited:
Rallying in AC still looks and handles like something unacceptable to me.

The most important thing that turns me off: the disgusting physics of the suspension when practicing jumps. Only a few car mods can handle this - otherwise the car starts flying head over heels, because the AC engine simply cannot handle this adequately. :)

The same applies to the simulation of gravel, sand and other non-asphalt surfaces: with rare exceptions, it is difficult to select an "car + stage" combo where both are configured and works correctly.

About the fact that you need to collect pacenotes for stages all over the Internet, install extra software for the co-pilot, etc. - you all know, I won’t say anything new.

All this is just beginning to acquire the features of something working, but it is still far from stable performance. In addition, delays in updates, bugfixes and the introduction of new features in the CSP also affect this.

A synonym for rally in AC for me is "Linux": it will all work, one way or another, but there are always (at least now) more specialized and working solutions.

Yeah rally is truely fascinating esp. group b days …
Sometimes i play DR or WRC earlier RBR with a controller and just enjoy the career mode or championship mode.

Several times I thought about give it a try in my go to game which obviously is AC.
But afaik there is no possibility of driving a rally ? Compete against AI
So driving Single stages just for fun would be a bit pointless to me.

Btw. at RD there is a Thread about AC rallying called Rallypedia or something like that.
I am sure you have already discovered it.
Totally true. I found a comunity called Simrally.es that develops online rally championships in AC servers and the format is to meet all drivers in a server and following a starting order, every driver has to check a time control every minute. That's great!

Yeah, in Rallypedia there are also a Pacenotes collection for free and paid stages, which I personally consider quite good, but modified according to my specialized knowns with a tool called Grammar Editor, that allowed me to translate manually Spanish pacenotes to Catalan and add some items, phrases, details and orders.

I know that getting that ultimate rally experience in AC is something eventual when you have lost almost a year and a half of the time you don't have to match the correct CSP config, the stages, the car,s the pacenotes, the set up, the skins, the specific playing mode you want, etc. but I really think that worths the effort. And I bloody like it so much.

Rallying in AC still looks and handles like something unacceptable to me.

The most important thing that turns me off: the disgusting physics of the suspension when practicing jumps. Only a few car mods can handle this - otherwise the car starts flying head over heels, because the AC engine simply cannot handle this adequately. :)

The same applies to the simulation of gravel, sand and other non-asphalt surfaces: with rare exceptions, it is difficult to select an "car + stage" combo where both are configured and works correctly.
I would like to know if you have tried Kronos&AV Team, Verdes or Luis Ferreira cars, but I figure out that not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know if you have tried Kronos&AV Team, Verdes or Luis Ferreira cars, but I figure out that not really.
I tried mods from Kronos Team - they are mostly focused on asphalt stages. Well, now with the inclusion of rain physics.
They haven't implemented gravel tires yet, nor have they implemented suspension work.

For me there is no true "Rally Heaven" out there - Assetto is for some obvious reasons not really the option if you`re not completly pasionate like maybe puerk0spin.

But all other Rally sim(s) simcades or whatever to call them just fails throught not satisfing enough physics/force feedback.
And RBR ok let´s be honest it´s like last century now.

The best Rally game i enjoyed with my wheel was DirtRally1 with some ffb tweaks (mod), however nowdays i still enjoy normal rally games as mentioned above with chasecam and controller :crazy:

The Goal here?... You want nothing less than all green A rating for smoother gameplay. (although the "COCKPIT_HR is missing" may be ignored. I don't have much problem with it personally.)
Not necessarily, you can still achieve smooth gameplay despite "overstepping" those bounds (not even all kunos cars are perfect greens) and vice versa. AC relies more on material/object count than poly count for instance, so you could have a car show up as green amount of tris but still run poorly because the object count is ridiculously high

hello people I am looking for information on the engine of the Lola-Mazda B12/80 on its diesel engine, as well as the gearbox, if you ever have I thank you ;)
View attachment 1295978
A good starting point?

For clarity, in the B12/80 the diesel variant of the MZR was used, at 2.2-liters, with a compound (multi-stage) turbocharger system.
Power goals were similar.

Last edited:
For me there is no true "Rally Heaven" out there - Assetto is for some obvious reasons not really the option if you`re not completly pasionate like maybe puerk0spin.

But all other Rally sim(s) simcades or whatever to call them just fails throught not satisfing enough physics/force feedback.
And RBR ok let´s be honest it´s like last century now.

The best Rally game i enjoyed with my wheel was DirtRally1 with some ffb tweaks (mod), however nowdays i still enjoy normal rally games as mentioned above with chasecam and controller :crazy:
what's the matter with it being a century old, if it's the best in what it does? (i'm sorry i'm a active player/fan of that game, lol) I don't look for the best visuals, I look for a realistic ezperience,-I'm zorry my keyboard juzt broke- and RBR haz not rival

Last edited:
what's the matter with it being a century old, if it's the best in what it does? (i'm sorry i'm a active player/fan of that ****, lol) I don't look for the best visuals, I look for a realistic ezperience,-I'm zorry my keyboard juzt broke- and RBR haz not rival
I am afraid we are going to far off topic here :guilty:

Well for one it doesn`t matters for other one it does. For me it has to be somewhat of full package - gameplay (physics/ffb), content but also sound and visuals.
Otherwise i wouldn´t be here, using CSP, Pure and stuff. To be honest without it, i wouldn`t spend any more minutes with AC.
I had my time with RBR, rFactor, GTR Series, AMS1 .... but for me personaly they all are outdated and i refuse to go back.

anyone figured out what the odometer error message is about (and how to fix) ?
"Failed to create texture "Odometer font". Creation parameters aren't valid."
for example the "LM - Toyota JZA80 Supra Kei Aizawa Part1" by MacedoSTI v1.0. (lm_toyota_supra_mkiv_kei) does that when launching a session with it.

Also several car mods give me the same error when trying to open them in Showroom w CSP (but then again they launch in-game).

anyone figured out what the odometer error message is about (and how to fix) ?
"Failed to create texture "Odometer font". Creation parameters aren't valid."
for example the "LM - Toyota JZA80 Supra Kei Aizawa Part1" by MacedoSTI v1.0. (lm_toyota_supra_mkiv_kei) does that when launching a session with it.

Also several car mods give me the same error when trying to open them in Showroom w CSP (but then again they launch in-game).
Your missing the font named "odometer font"

Stupid question about a tree on Nords. This tree has driven me nuts for a long time because of how black it is. It bothered me so much that I hid it. I finally figured out a way to to get rid of the black shading so I can unhide it, but now I have a question concerning the tree in the fall. Is this supposed to be some kind of pine tree or is it a deciduous tree that should change colors in the fall? Told you it was a dumb question.

Please don't judge the pictures. I've been tinkering around with a new track skin and this is a very bad set that I forgot to disable.

nordstree1.jpg

nordstree2.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back