Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
My very infrequent contribution to AC modding below:

1. A fictional six-car skin pack for @JK1977 (F302's) Lamborghini Gallardo ST which didn't have any.
Initially inspired by having these liveries, they look awesome btw! 👍 Then realised I didn't have the mod, and could not find it... Not on this thread or the usual places...

Then a kind & humorous member of this community @Perico Lospa found it @ assettoworld - thanks for doing that. 👍
Btw: that name is way too long, so CM doesn't record 'total driven' and 'speed achieved' data.
Iirc 32 characters is the max...
And then, like Fana did, realised the file-name was ridiculously too long and was missing out on the lap time stats within CM, etc... :yuck:

After tinkering with it for a while - as we do here - remade a new version that is now CM compatible - hence we now have lap time results...:D

Took it on the Las Vegas Boulevard strip to test it's top speed and got 290km/h out of it before running out of road on turn 14.

Also took a quick look at the body map for some potential liveries to be made and found that it's a rather complex and crappy layout - see for yourselves... Kudos to @MisterWaffles for taking on the job and sharing his fictional liveries!

Currently in the process of attempting to do same but keeping them simple for the time being... And a bunch of stock colours which are easier to do of course.

1701287775652.png
1701287821965.png

Who would have thought that a spag-bowl could look like this.

1701287941147.png

preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Work remains WIP and really hope to deliver before Xmas.

Last edited:
For those who are 'purists' like me, I share a small pack for Sergio Loro´s Formula Juniors Cars. What is inside?

• Real Badges and names for all the cars (Stanguellini, Mitter and Elva)
  • Real pilots

Even though most of the liveries don't really match the ones the drivers used in the races, I think this is a good way to give the races a 'real touch', as I doubt anyone will make real skins for these cars. But the drivers are in the cars they actually used in the races (that is, whoever drove a Mitter, has their name on the Mitter, and etc.)

The names portray some of the drivers who raced between 1959/60 in European Formula Junior races. The same goes for the Mecanica Nacional Argentina skins: all the car names depict drivers who actually competed in single-seaters races in the country, between 1960/62.

CREDITS

John B. Ellis - Sergio Loro Formula Junior UI Real Names and Badges (Stanguellini and Mitter)
Parrilla - Mitter-DKW and Modena Formula Junior Mecanica Nacional skinpacks
Me - Research of the names, fixing UIs, JSON´s and Badges

FOR THE EXTRA UPDATE MADE BY ANDREVR, GO TO:

Last edited:
So since our dear friend Peter Crill isn't going to update the cars in alpha and beta state from last year I decided to take a stab at one that deffo should've been released - the MX5 Super20. And there's a lil problem with the speed tach : the needle goes in the wrong direction.

The faster you go, the slower it goes on the tach. Where could I edit it so it goes in the right direction ? Never encountered that bit before lol.

Assetto Corsa 29-11-23 21_26_27.png

Hi Forum!
Can someone makes a camera facing for acu yas marina old layout with chicane?
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to do it!

So since our dear friend Peter Crill isn't going to update the cars in alpha and beta state from last year...
There is an effort underway to address this, but it will be slow progress. Some WIP cars have also been released by other modders in the meantime, so those ones probably could wither on the vine.

Those zebra/camo/prototype disguise wraps are always fugly as feck.
They're the first skins I delete after anything pink or purple.
Eh... I like the Green Tiger livery from Coach McKenzie, but not this one for the Gallardo. the one for the Huracan GT3 looks way better and i made this livery with support from the foliage company, who has done the job. they gave me a lot of photos from their work on the car.
__custom_showroom_1527446852.jpg

Interlagos 1975 Updated - Autódromo José Carlos Pace 1975

v1.15 updates by Poppa Woody & The Ghost Of Momma Bongos:
  • Changed all trackside flags to CSP flag shader, and added 16 animated flag-waving spectators.
  • Changed all spectators to cam-facing meshes.
  • Remapped and rebranded the adboard textures and normal maps.
  • Retextured various trackside objects, cars, buses & vans.
  • Added a new physical road mesh for better feel/force feedback.
  • Added Interlagos track logo to the start/finish gantry and fixed a s/f line mesh error.
  • Added a Hughes animated patrolling helicopter.
  • Updated the two balloons to flare their burners and light up, and updated their skins.
  • Added a series of distant airliners.
  • Merged the track folder ext_config and external tracks/loaded config (due to renamed track folder), set it to ignore other configs.
  • New grass, trees, bushes and road textures, including a pit exit line and groove.
  • Added AC Crew details to pit boxes.
  • Renamed the track folder and main kn5 so it will install as a new track, preserving Terra/Jim's original.
  • Hid two small 3D adboards that were using a cropped texture, and a rogue airborne fence post.
  • New AI files by TITI to fix the start-line pileup and other issues.

View attachment 1307031 View attachment 1307032 View attachment 1307033 View attachment 1307034 View attachment 1307035 View attachment 1307036 View attachment 1307037 View attachment 1307038

One of the most beautiful track mods for AC imo, flash lights, lights on the horizon, everything feels so immersive and real, a great track, thank you very much!

P.s As a negative example, I always think of Nuke's routes, they always stutter like hell and are packed with all sorts of things and yet they have zero atmosphere and feel cold imo
This is how it's done, take an example from it!

Those zebra/camo/prototype disguise wraps are always fugly as feck.
They're the first skins I delete after anything pink or purple.
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Last edited:
One of the most beautiful track mods for AC imo, flash lights, lights on the horizon, everything feels so immersive and real, a great track, thank you very much!

P.s As a negative example, I always think of Nuke's routes, they always stutter like hell and are packed with all sorts of things and yet they have zero atmosphere and feel cold imo
This is how it's done, take an example from it!
Agreed. It's one the most beautiful tracks i've seen in AC so far. Everything just fits together perfectly.

Interlagos is one of my all time favorite tracks to drive. So underrated. It has that longish high speed uphill straight, then those two slower curves and then the long straight and fast curve. Amazing feeling. I have to create a 70's F1 championship one of these days.

Never been a great fan of the old Hockenheimring and Monza although they're fast tracks too. Estoril and Suzuka are much nicer to drive.

ASR 1992 Kyalami is also amazing. There's even the engine echo when you drive past the stands.

Interlagos 1975 Updated - Autódromo José Carlos Pace 1975

v1.15 updates by Poppa Woody & The Ghost Of Momma Bongos:
  • Changed all trackside flags to CSP flag shader, and added 16 animated flag-waving spectators.
  • Changed all spectators to cam-facing meshes.
  • Remapped and rebranded the adboard textures and normal maps.
  • Retextured various trackside objects, cars, buses & vans.
  • Added a new physical road mesh for better feel/force feedback.
  • Added Interlagos track logo to the start/finish gantry and fixed a s/f line mesh error.
  • Added a Hughes animated patrolling helicopter.
  • Updated the two balloons to flare their burners and light up, and updated their skins.
  • Added a series of distant airliners.
  • Merged the track folder ext_config and external tracks/loaded config (due to renamed track folder), set it to ignore other configs.
  • New grass, trees, bushes and road textures, including a pit exit line and groove.
  • Added AC Crew details to pit boxes.
  • Renamed the track folder and main kn5 so it will install as a new track, preserving Terra/Jim's original.
  • Hid two small 3D adboards that were using a cropped texture, and a rogue airborne fence post.
  • New AI files by TITI to fix the start-line pileup and other issues.

View attachment 1307031 View attachment 1307032 View attachment 1307033 View attachment 1307034 View attachment 1307035 View attachment 1307036 View attachment 1307037 View attachment 1307038

Appreciate the updates to this one, but copied the old AI over as this one is crazy slow in any of the first three corners and some of the other medium-fast ones, they go nowhere near an apex in the low downforce cars I was testing with.

what has been done so far should ideally be collated and sorted with a quick update patch.

but either way the work is appreciated
You just said you weren't going to do that. But you and I have both been requested by several not-technically-savy community members to do so. If you aren't going to donate your time to rehost it with the latest updates, then please let someone else do it instead.

Personally, I want to keep continuously improving the car, so being able to host it on a place like GTP's new file sharing that allows for updates would be very beneficial.

if you feel so strongly about this car i suggest you learn to edit the kn5 as to make the small physical fixes (aerial, clamsp etc) required

also with its extensive racing history surely itd make more sense as to paint some actual real-life skins rather than fantasy ones
I would like to add those details at a later date, or find someone who can in the meantime. But the KN5 editor has never even opened for me before, so I have a long way to go. Although I did reinstall AC completely a few months ago and it seems fine now. Not sure why it was like that before.

Also I would make real skins, and there's a few I would like to do, but the mapping for the car is screwed up so it makes it difficult to produce skins with significant detail around the rear wheel arches or the b-pillars. So I need to find ones without that or just leave out those details altogether. So fictional skins have been a stopgap for now.

Last edited:
Appreciate the updates to this one, but copied the old AI over as this one is crazy slow in any of the first three corners and some of the other medium-fast ones, they go nowhere near an apex in the low downforce cars I was testing with.
Noticed this too.
The AI on the previous Interlagos '75 had lots of vintage GTs flying down the second curve when racing with high aggression, but it was fast enough.

good day all !

What software do you use to enhance low quality images (maybe using nvidia's dlss ai powers)?

For some cars that have lowres interior I want to start improving them...
(now I have a Quest3 and everything is even more readable, things like these gauges bother me more even :
1701337678948.png

curious to hear what you use/recommend for this kind of job... :cheers:

For those who are 'purists' like me, I share a small pack for Sergio Loro´s Formula Juniors Cars. What is inside?

• Real Badges and names for all the cars (Stanguellini, Mitter and Elva)
  • Real pilots

Even though most of the liveries don't really match the ones the drivers used in the races, I think this is a good way to give the races a 'real touch', as I doubt anyone will make real skins for these cars. But the drivers are in the cars they actually used in the races (that is, whoever drove a Mitter, has their name on the Mitter, and etc.)

The names portray some of the drivers who raced between 1959/60 in European Formula Junior races. The same goes for the Mecanica Nacional Argentina skins: all the car names depict drivers who actually competed in single-seaters races in the country, between 1960/62.

CREDITS

John B. Ellis - Sergio Loro Formula Junior UI Real Names and Badges (Stanguellini and Mitter)
Parrilla - Mitter-DKW and Modena Formula Junior Mecanica Nacional skinpacks
Me - Research of the names, fixing UIs, JSON´s and Badges

I did try the Miker, but I do miss the real 2-stroke sound, listen when he is entering a track bend.

Last edited:
@jac0

I have used PicWish and Free Photo enhancer to sharpen up images. The images that I enhance are different though (in my profession)... I have no idea how they'd work with car images though.

UTdQ9h0.png

Those free versions create a watermark though. If someone has better options, I'd love to hear it too.

Last edited:
We were getting odd behaviour at the start with the old AI, with the two lead cars stopping almost immediately and causing a pile-up. Some other changes were then made which might have compromised things for different cars.
I'm guessing you're not seeing the same pile-up at the start?
If not, can you please upload your full data folder from the old track (which I no longer have) and we'll do more testing.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I did try the Miker, but I do miss the real 2-stroke sound, listen when he is entering a track bend.

Latest updated version from Sergio's Sellfy page has custom 2 stroke sounds developed I think by Historic Sim Studios, spot on to a DKW triple to my ears!

Last edited:
@DaWallace, a thin sliver of road can be seen through the carbon louvres on your Ford Mustang GT4 from the cockpit view, but can be fixed with:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = ext_carbon
CULL_MODE=DOUBLESIDED

Of course, any and all improvements are very welcome :)
Thanks...

Alternative ext_config for @Masscot updated Interlagos 1975 track. It adds @Quikslvr rain_fx addition as well as a tweak to the light settings to have them turn on when it rains. I included the original config in case I screwed something up.

On another note, I tried the latest CSP and Pure versions last night (was still using 1.80preview9 and Pure 0.193) and the grass_fx looks really weird. Did something change with it in the latest CSP and\or Pure versions or has anyone else noticed a difference? It almost looked blue and was really bright. I'd post a pic, but I already went back to what I was using.

Attachments

• interlagos_1975_updated_ext_config.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
MDRS update
v1.22
-changed Losail 2021 to Losail 2023 in download catalogue, removed the obsolete fix, thanks to Zen Pat for reporting
NOTE: If you have issues with the COTA version by Fenryr you can download the v1.2 in the History tab at Racedepartment and install the old Cozy version.

or here:
anyone have the latest files of these? all links are down. having issues with the stock car brasil mods.

Last edited:
A small Bridgehampton mod I threw together for myself last night because the sand areas were nuclear on my system. Could be ppfilter related, but I figured i'd share it none the less in case anyone else feels the sand areas are too bright as well. It's nothing more than some shader adjustments in the ext_config and a few optional skins, which i'll explain in a minute. All the shader adjustments are at the bottom of the config in the SHADER STUFF section so you can adjust anything I changed to better fit your eye. If you already have a extension folder in your track directory, you can copy the shader stuff section into your existing ext_config file instead of using the one I provided. I'm not even sure where the one I used came from. I just added my changes to it.

I kept all the skins in separate categories so you can pick and choose what you want to use. If you find a combo you like, just lump them all into one folder so you only need one skin active at a time.

Skins description:
-- Grass - simply adds a little more green tint to the grass.
-- Sand skins - darkens the sand areas even more beyond the shader adjustment. Each Sand skin just gets progressively darker as per the skin names.
-- Trees - takes some of the highlights out of the bright areas on the tree leaves.

Bridgehampton mod
One last small tweak to this mod. Use the link in the original post.

-- Adjusted light settings to turn on when it rains.
-- Fixed some missing shadows.
-- Added my vao patch. Optional so you don't have to use it.
-- Added an optional addition to make the tire walls and embeded tires collidable. Just extract and overwrite the files in the Optional folder to try it out. It adds a kn5 file and replaces the original models.ini file, but I included the original so you can easily revert back.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back