Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
That Rainmaker's Zolder is a masterpiece. That guy really, really makes the best vintage tracks. Dijon-Prenois is another masterful work. And whoever made the 1988 tracks is a genius. They're transformed from rFactor2 I believe but the quality is just flawless. They're all great in every possible way and are the main factor the vintage F1 seasons are so good as they are. Only Hungaroring has slow ai, the rest are superb. Not a huge fan of Detroit street circuit as a track but man it's so well done. Very rarely ai even crashes there and it's competitive. It must be tough to make the street circuit ai's,

I have never seen a 80's Brands Hatch version. I have a 90's version that I have used in my vintage F1 seasons. If the 80's Brands is not a pay track and has decent ai, I'd be appreciated if someone shared. Here's the 90's version that I found. Not sure how accurate it is but at least it looks better in my vintage F1 seasosn than the Kunos vanilla version. The ai is probably Kunos.

Yes that Brand's Hatch looks better in a vintage season, but isn't historically accurate. The layout itself on that version is the same as the Kunos/current version (2003 onwards)

Essentially for Brands Hatch (going backwards from the current layout) changes in history are:

2003 - Current : Dingle Dell chicane removed
1999 - 2003 : Graham Hill bend (turn 3) reprofiled to current form
1988 - 1998 : Dingle Dell chicane added, Westfield bend (Turn 6) reprofiled to current form
1976 - 1987 : Paddock Hill bend (turn 1) reprofiled into current form, section after Graham Hill Bend (turn 3) into and including Surtees (turn 4) reprofiled
1960 - 1975 : Original GP layout

Yes. Thanks. That 1976-1987 is the one I'm looking for. Never seen that one.

By the way here is a fixed ai for the Phoenix street circuit pay track (used in 89-91). Paid 25 euros for the track and the ai was totally screwed. Fortunately I have good friends in the community who fixed it.

... Paid 25 euros for the track...
18893730194_d76375db97_o.jpg

Full season skins is available here by Marco_17

It's not that fast compared to other free 2010 mods in terms of top speed but it does have an F-duct animation
which can increase your top speed by 3-5km.

Overall its one of my current favorites to drive but cant say whether its easy or hard. Different from the RSS 2023
in my opinion I would say harder to drive than that car. Have not driven the RSS 2000 in awhile but it probably similar to that.
Did you faced any issue with the AI? I tried to race on Imola, and most of the drivers end fliying arround the track, crashing and stuck on the gravel. Feels like they are not heavy enough and do chicanes on two wheels hahhaaha.

Did you faced any issue with the AI? I tried to race on Imola, and most of the drivers end fliying arround the track, crashing and stuck on the gravel. Feels like they are not heavy enough and do chicanes on two wheels hahhaaha.
No issues so far on the tracks I tested. Did not try at Imola sometimes adjusting Ai strength works when that happens. Mines are 80% strength and 60% aggression.

Will test Imola later today and let you know I experience the same problem.

Indeed as I'm not so keen on the more circuit racing style I had forgotten about Tom's. But the tracks are clearly made with lots of love and care, we'll check again
PS if anyone is interested to help reviewing & adding hillclimbs to the database let me know! If this section grows the search & filtering widget can be added like on the rally tracks

Hi Fuzo, will you continue your work on Most, since the track is under some major re-build during the next months? New pitlane building, new run-off´s etc.?
Well, I know a lot of people who live in Most and would be able to provide me some reference photos but I am quite busy now, I am doing 2 TCR cars currently, then I plan to finish the AccAkut's Oschersleben (he gave me permission to finish it) and then I would like to update Clio visuals for Phase 2 so if I will ever touch Most, it wont be anytime soon :D

Well, I know a lot of people who live in Most and would be able to provide me some reference photos but I am quite busy now, I am doing 2 TCR cars currently, then I plan to finish the AccAkut's Oschersleben (he gave me permission to finish it) and then I would like to update Clio visuals for Phase 2 so if I will ever touch Most, it wont be anytime soon :D
Wow that´s nice to hear you finish his Oschersleben! I sent him some reference pictures some while ago and wondered about it´s progress recently. Did he gave up due to lack of time?

Wow that´s nice to hear you finish his Oschersleben! I sent him some reference pictures some while ago and wondered about it´s progress recently. Did he gave up due to lack of time?
He started modding MS Flight Simulator, or returned to it, not sure...

Found hidden at Legion site, its from a unknown creator, Tripoli upgraded version https://www.mediafire.com/file/rt3w35idaibb12e/1937tripoli.rar/file

And Monza 1930 at RD https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/monza-1930s.270055/#post-3756408
What a great share that Tripoli is. Thank you!
THERE IS A BIPLANE DOING AEROBATICS above the circuit as you drive!!
Seriously though, great update. Light coating of sand on the track, lowers grip and blows up behind the car. All the little details.

I believe the original was a Sergio Loro work for GPL, which he (?) converted for RF2, and then @TheRealCeeBee (who no longer seems to be here?) did a bunch of work on it, and shared it here:

Last edited:
This is a very special pack with 3 presets for you to mix between your laps (press F10 to do it)

Don't forget to use this version of camtool (by ktulu77) for many improvements in performance, quality of life features (as the F10) and bug fixes:

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
2023 NASCAR G56 Camaro released on my patreon:
This is based on a paid mod: if you're the author of the mod and want it removed i'll do it without any problem after you send proof of owning the mod.

Credits: Original mod by Rogue Design and ACNM
ACTK:
Fix tyres.ini
Add COCKPIT_HR in 3d model
Add LODs
Add data to data.acd

AssettoNASCAR (me):
-Car UI
-Skins UI
-Materials
-AO maps
-Textures fixed
-Removed unnecessary files
-Inertia box
-Fixed fuel capacity
-Power curve
-Accurate engine data
-New suspension geometry
-New aero properties
-Gear Ratios
-Cameras
-New starting animation
-Fixed side window transparecy
-Templates

Free mod link: https://www.patreon.com/ScientistExtension98Mods

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1710693453.png
    __custom_showroom_1710693453.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
in CM Content this filter should do the trick :
tag:"#Formula 4"

hi Teddy,

Most obscure Cup mod is of course this one! ;)
View attachment 1337527

another I like very much and can be called obscure is the GAZ 24-10 Volga SMP Historic Cup by SMP Racing (link)
View attachment 1337517

all the best with your mom!

EDIT: O dear, now I've fallen into a rabbit hole by stumbling onto this site ...

it seems to have quite some mods which I don't have yet , so thanks Teddy! (I'll need to buy yet a bigger SSD soon :banghead: )
They also seem to have a good car search and they even have a class "chill" , which brings you to this sofa mod:
View attachment 1337528 :lol:
but you can also search for cool cup mods , and the mods download and install directly into CM with only 2 mouse clicks
(which is a bit faster then first having to click 5 times, then get an archive, then having to drag that file into CM...)

EDIT : hmmm , now I've installed this sofa , and it says in the UI that it's by GUERILLA Mods and
"DO NOT SHARE WITHOUT PERMISSION!"
So this site is not so kosher it seems...

EDIT2 : or is it, some mods show link to pay sites , and they mention this :

View attachment 1337530
Unfortunately just using "#Formula 4" brings up everything that has "Formula" and "4". So I have #Formula 1 '84 showing up for example

2023 NASCAR G56 Camaro released on my patreon:
This is based on a paid mod: if you're the author of the mod and want it removed i'll do it without any problem after you send proof of owning the mod.

Credits: Original mod by Rogue Design and ACNM
ACTK:
Fix tyres.ini
Add COCKPIT_HR in 3d model
Add LODs
Add data to data.acd

AssettoNASCAR (me):
-Car UI
-Skins UI
-Materials
-AO maps
-Textures fixed
-Removed unnecessary files
-Inertia box
-Fixed fuel capacity
-Power curve
-Accurate engine data
-New suspension geometry
-New aero properties
-Gear Ratios
-Cameras
-New starting animation
-Fixed side window transparecy
-Templates

Free mod link: https://www.patreon.com/ScientistExtension98Mods
Btw, you could use FSR's G56, far better and detailed model. :)

Last edited:
Does anybody know what happened to the 'use extended physics' option on the 'Drive' menu of Content Manager? It doesn't appear for me any more.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 180045.png

It's a bit frustrating because it seems like I can't get a bunch of older mods to work if I use a car that uses extended physics - most likely because it's applying that to the entire grid.

Test this for yourself: choose a car with extended physics baked in and then put the BMW 2002 from Bazza's TC Legends on the grid and see what happens.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Does anybody know what happened to the 'use extended physics' option on the 'Drive' menu of Content Manager? It doesn't appear for me any more.
View attachment 1338049
It's a bit frustrating because it seems like I can't get a bunch of older mods to work if I use a car that uses extended physics - most likely because it's applying that to the entire grid.

Test this for yourself: choose a car with extended physics baked in and then put the BMW 2002 from Bazza's TC Legends on the grid and see what happens.

Any ideas?
To see the "use extended physics" option on the 'Drive' menu of Content Manager, you have to go to "Settings/Content Manager/Drive" and activate "Allow to use car's patch data to activate extended physics" under "Quick Drive advanced tweaks".
But I don't know what the option "use extended physics" adds to cars without baked in extended physics. For cars with baked in extended physics, you don't need this option and you can't deactivate the extended physics with this option for those cars.

Yes. Thanks. That 1976-1987 is the one I'm looking for. Never seen that one.

By the way here is a fixed ai for the Phoenix street circuit pay track (used in 89-91). Paid 25 euros for the track and the ai was totally screwed. Fortunately I have good friends in the community who fixed it.

Don't they also come with DLC at this price? 1€ per additional slot? :D

To see the "use extended physics" option on the 'Drive' menu of Content Manager, you have to go to "Settings/Content Manager/Drive" and activate "Allow to use car's patch data to activate extended physics" under "Quick Drive advanced tweaks".
But I don't know what the option "use extended physics" adds to cars without baked in extended physics. For cars with baked in extended physics, you don't need this option and you can't deactivate the extended physics with this option for those cars.
Thank you, you're a star! Who knows when that box was unchecked.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that this was the cause of the problem I've been experiencing!

Would anybody be able to corroborate what I'm experiencing? The affected cars I'm spotting are in the TC Legends and TA Legends pack; if you choose a car with extended physics baked in (I'm using the GADU Alfa Romeo TZ2 for example) with these cars on the grid, then they behave very strangely - their tires generate literally no grip and they just kind of float off the track.

Playing around with CSP versions, they work as intended with pre-0.2 versions. They also still work if you select a car that doesn't have cphys baked in.

I’m confused. What does “use extended physics” do?

You’re saying that it’s not needed for cars without baked in extended physics… and it’s also not needed for cars with baked in extended physics. Huh?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back