Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Holy moly, I had no idea that you could increase engine sound in the extensions. This is a huge game-changer for me. There are so many cars I'm avoiding racing because I can barely hear the engine.

View attachment 1359484

There are a ton of tracks that I'd like to be touched by masscot (not in a weird way). Always a pleasant improvement, imho.
Idk where this app saves the information, but if you want a quicker in game option for specific cars this has worked well for me

Idk where this app saves the information, but if you want a quicker in game option for specific cars this has worked well for me

alfred, thank you, man! I've really got to work on my search skills. I've looked for something like this and was unable to find it over the last few months. This will be very helpful.

Thanks for the work! But your glass turned out absolutely transparent. It seems that glass is completely absent. There is no milk in my version, but the glass has already appeared :) + I made higher quality banners.

If my version everyone likes it, I can lay out glass for all skins ;)
thats because you are in CM showroom i think. in game my car has a visible glass texture all around just fine including the front screen and back, if i pan the camera around i get the same effect on the front and back screen i just couldn't be bothered to take pics of that. I'm up for some higher quality banners for sure :)

i have had it before when i "de-milk" it does indeed leave it with no glass texture at all, i have found this to be the case on some older mods but these newer ones seem to have a glass texture baked into the model of the car ort something. If what i done left the Merc with no glass texture i would not of released it. I can only go by what my car looks like in my game, however.

can i just confirm something with you @spagna, if you download this car just as is from f302 you dont have milky windows? is that correct? because mine were miiiiiiiiiiillkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Screenshot (565).png

Last edited:
thats because you are in CM showroom i think. in game my car has a visible glass texture all around just fine including the front screen and back, if i pan the camera around i get the same effect on the front and back screen i just couldn't be bothered to take pics of that. I'm up for some higher quality banners for sure :)

i have had it before when i "de-milk" it does indeed leave it with no glass texture at all, i have found this to be the case on some older mods but these newer ones seem to have a glass texture baked into the model of the car ort something. If what i done left the Merc with no glass texture i would not of released it. I can only go by what my car looks like in my game, however.

View attachment 1359496
I checked in the game turning on the F5 camera and twisted it around the car. In this photo of showroom, I also have a feeling of lack of rear glass. In any case, everyone has their own taste ;)

I checked in the game turning on the F5 camera and twisted it around the car. In this photo of showroom, I also have a feeling of lack of rear glass. In any case, everyone has their own taste ;)
absolutely mate sorry it was not exactly to your taste. i like see through windows with a slight texture/reflections thats about where i am happy but like you say it really is all down to personal preference. I have an irk for milky windows though thats for sure

Apologies for the swift update but I think the adjustments help a lot with overall contrast and general aesthetics.
** LINK UPDATED to v1.6 28th May **
VAO patch adjustments for deeper shadows/higher contrast; new grass texture, and saturation adjusted; tree contrast/saturation adjusted; new Germanic balloon skins.
https://sharemods.com/6pbot2cu0k9c/vhe_hockenheim_v1point6.zip.html
I know Rainmaker made an AI for VHE Hockenheim that vastly improves their times and consistency. Did you rework the AI at all? And if not, maybe adding Rainmakers' work in a future version might be worth doing.

Hi, Does Anyone understand how to get Custom emissives working on skins? I'm trying to Replicate the glowing effect on the #4 HRT car at this weekend's N24. And having no luck.

This is the current state of my Ext ini.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    5 KB · Views: 4
other cars from Raceroom...
View attachment 1359502
Wow the Nissan R90 CK...I can't wait...thanks

Some news on the GT1 Matech. On an aesthetic level, some things are still missing but I believe it is in good shape (it will be updated over time anyway). This time this car will be part of a much bigger project and this makes me very enthusiastic.
Hi, do you have any news for this wonderful mod? A thousand thanks

X90
I know Rainmaker made an AI for VHE Hockenheim that vastly improves their times and consistency. Did you rework the AI at all? And if not, maybe adding Rainmakers' work in a future version might be worth doing.
Funnily enough, I was only thinking this afternoon how much I like the default AI on this track. In all the spec races I've run the AI seem to occasionally make serious mistakes leading to some pretty spectacular crashes. It make them look fallible, more human, and therefore more believable. I'd much rather race against unpredictable AI like this than bots who lap perfectly from start to finish.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking this afternoon how much I like the default AI on this track. In all the spec races I've run the AI seem to occasionally make serious mistakes leading to some pretty spectacular crashes. It make them look fallible, more human, and therefore more believable. I'd much rather race against unpredictable AI like this than bots who lap perfectly from start to finish.
example of cars youve driven that has gotten you this experience? settings on aggression and strength?

Does anyone in the community know if it's possible to compete offline against a.i. on Gabenhood's Pikes Peak Dirty?
I've experimented with several car types and various opponent strengths but it seems that a.i. aren't able to handle this P2P, even though it has 22 pits available. It's a shame, because the mod is pretty incredible, to be honest.
Can anyone advise on whether or not it's possible?
Appreciate this community by the way.
Thanks in advance.
RL

example of cars youve driven that has gotten you this experience? settings on aggression and strength?
One example this evening was a full-grid spec race in the FSR Mercedes AMG DTM 95, with 95% opponent aggression and 95% opponent strength.
Had similar experience with a bunch of other performance/race cars on this track with the same aggression/strength.

Last edited:
Does anyone in the community know if it's possible to compete offline against a.i. on Gabenhood's Pikes Peak Dirty?
I've experimented with several car types and various opponent strengths but it seems that a.i. aren't able to handle this P2P, even though it has 22 pits available. It's a shame, because the mod is pretty incredible, to be honest.
Can anyone advise on whether or not it's possible?
Appreciate this community by the way.
Thanks in advance.
RL
I was just wondering this a few days ago. Neat coincidence. I saw a post on here that had an AI line for pikes, but it didn't work. Actually, you're looking for one for PP Dirty, the one I'm looking for is for the PP tarmac. I don't know if the layout is the same and just different surface? But anyway, the AI line I tried did not work. If you find one, please share it up.

Last edited:
I tend to agree, but I was more asking about lap times than infallibility. I'm in the 1:34 mids in the URD DTMs here, and that's too fast for Rainmaker's AI by about 8 tenths a lap (100% strength).

I suppose I can test both again, but I remember Rainmaker's being faster. I'm not sure on that though.

Last edited:
I was just wondering this a few days ago. Neat coincidence. I saw a post on here that had an AI line for pikes, but it didn't work. Actually, you're looking for one for PP Dirty, the one I'm looking for is for the PP tarmac. I don't know if the layout is the same and just different surface? But anyway, the AI line I tried did not work. If you find one, please share it up.
Hey Teddie . . .
I think only the surfaces are different.
Let's see if the community is aware of a workable AI line or not.
Otherwise, I suppose I'll just have to stick to solo runs for now.

other cars from Raceroom...
View attachment 1359502
Awesome! Ive personally been dying for the gtr1 and gtr2 cars to get ported over to AC some day, so glad to see the RUF! that silvia, vintage touring cars, and prototypes are also great choices! hopefully some day we can get the rest of the gt1 and gt2 cars like the koenigsegg, gumpert appolo, ford gt, or the cadillac ctsv, ruf rt12r, and corvette gt2's =)

I'm having a problem with many P2P/A to B tracks where the AI refuse to cross the finish line, they just stop at the finish line and everyone stops and piles up behind causing only 1 or 2 AI to finish the race and the rest to DNF.

Is anyone else having this issue? Anybody have solutions to this issue? I don't remember them doing that before.

I'm running CSP 0.2.3-preview1

So nobody is mentioning the lack of grip and understeary behaviour of the AMG CLK DTM?

Weird, so the issue must be only on my computer... No offence for the great work off course :P

Wow the Nissan R90 CK...I can't wait...thanks

Hi, do you have any news for this wonderful mod? A thousand thanks
We are still working on it, I will keep you updated. In theory the TVR update should come out first and then the GT1.
However, I must apologize. Recently I have not been able to complete the work on TVR physics as promised due to some rather important personal situations. Version 0.8 with the revised physics will be released later, now (by the end of June) 0.65 will be released which will contain a whole series of works that will fix those incorrect or incomplete aspects of the previous version. The GT1, on the other hand, I don't know exactly when it will be released but it shouldn't be long away anyway. The Viper and F430 are well underway but there is no release planned yet. I can tell you though that the Ferrari should come out before the Viper.

Since mine is a long-term project, I did some calculations. Few cars left to complete a GTR2 grid: BMW Z3, Nissan 350Z, Morgan Aero and Lotus Elise. The first is from BEM and is already quite good as a base. The other three already exist but it would be nice to be able to bring them into 2024 like the others.

Impressive video, this mod is so good, it is like a game withing the game, an other facet of what modding is bringing to AC. Not my personal cup of tea, but glad so many enjoy AC with their own recipe.

Why do so many people insist on advertising their hilariously terrible taste in 'music' by blasting it at high volume over their sim videos?
This whatever-it-is might be the best thing to ever happen to sim racing, but I'll never know because I turned it off in disgust after 0.3 seconds.
The car engines should be all the music you ever need.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back