Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Advice needed..........

What program do you guys think is the easiest way to make skins for a car? Basically my most favorite car in AC , has one skin and that's it. I thought maybe I would try to do some extra skins for it this winter while I'm bored.
i use gimp, its free and you find all tutorials for it online. you just need to a dds plugin

Hi guys! Does anyone remember the link previously laid out VRC Auriel 8 / Audi R8 LMP? This mod is old enough, I would like to test it. I would be very grateful :)

Hi guys! Does anyone remember the link previously laid out VRC Auriel 8 / Audi R8 LMP? This mod is old enough, I would like to test it. I would be very grateful :)

Sorry man , but you'll have to pay for it just like everyone else. We support " legit " modder's here. The guys who create these mods from the ground up , are the ones we support. The other modded stuff you see floating around is mostly from ripped content that some of the guys here take , and make it better , and then share it.

Edit : Thanks Gladbecker ! I'll look into getting Gimp.

ok sry if spamming but this is with proper LOD settings:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tl9kr...leife__2layouts_touristopen_enduranceopenE.7z

and this is still a separate file: only with TIME_0_L/R, so you have no splits, but it counts every s/f crossing; unpack to "assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_nordschleife", includes "666.kn5" with only TIME_0_L/R and a changed "models_endurance_nowall.ini" http://www.mediafire.com/file/jva41wpl7sf87j2/ks_nordschleife_endu_onetimegate666.7z

I'm in doubt here:
I installed the stuff from the first link.
Then the 66.kn5 of the second link, but them I'm asked if I want to overwrite the models_endurance_nowall.ini (04/08/2019 08:45) with the same file from 04/08/2019 00:06) ?
What action to take ?

EDIT: I tried both.
The 00:06 version works as intended. You leave the pits (red time obviously), drive a warm up lap at the GP circuit and the valid time starts was crossing the S/F line.
You can then immediately start a hotlap on the GP/Nordschleife combined.
When crossing the S/F after one lap Nords, the timer starts again.
That is exactly what I had in mind.
A GP lap to get tires/brakes on temp and then a lap GP/Nords, without having to do a very long 'unnecessary' Nords lap
Thanks 👍

Last edited:
It was car models that were stolen from RRE and GT Sport, which is in fact against RD's ToS, and has no place in any modding community.
You might be in the wrong thread. I want as many quality mods in my game as possible, ports from other games or updates to other people's mods which improve them are more than welcome, hence mod.

@gladbecker82 does an awesome job, had lots of hours of fun thanks to him.

Please tell me that someone has something like this.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

It was car models that were stolen from RRE and GT Sport, which is in fact against RD's ToS, and has no place in any modding community.
fact remains, i never uploaded them there. just gave a readme. and its 1000% someone spam reporting all my stuff. cause it was old stuff even with links to proper scratch made mods that were free and basically have been abandoned, URD CLR for example

If anyone from here is looking for Nascar stuff there's a Facebook group called Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod. It's a public group.

They've released a few different car sets as well and seem to be continuing to do so.

On a side note I'd just like to thank the whole Assetto Corsa modding community as you guys are great.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want don't want to see low-quality rips going around.

And that's a reason to prevent everyone else from enjoying the simple pleasures of sim racing with stuff that others post with absolutely no malice intended?

We're not talking about the sites that rip massive amounts of cars, add a few skins, then try to sell them for ridiculous amounts here. We're just talking about a bunch of ordinary enthusaists sharing their hobby with other like-minded people. That's why we're on this forum FFS.

If you want to 'wave a flag for what you believe in', make it something worthwhile. Go after big pharma opioid manufacturers, or serial human-rights violators. Don't just spoil other people's harmless fun.

Just sayin'....

You know how hard it is to make a scratch made model? Where is the problem with using models from billion dollar companies if you dont make money of them? You dont have to download these mods but why report them? Many other people dont mind driving mods with ripped models as long as they have good physics so dont make it harder for them to download mods they like. Why dont you use your time in a more efficent way and report all the websites which stream movies and series for free? Those guys "hurt" the companies and not one guy who wants to drive a car in a videogame. I would advise you to leave this forum because EVERY person here as far as I know shares my opinion. Bye

You know how hard it is to make a scratch made model? Where is the problem with using models from billion dollar companies if you dont make money of them? You dont have to download these mods but why report them? Many other people dont mind driving mods with ripped models as long as they have good physics so dont make it harder for them to download mods they like. Why dont you use your time in a more efficent way and report all the websites which stream movies and series for free? Those guys "hurt" the companies and not one guy who wants to drive a car in a videogame. I would advise you to leave this forum because EVERY person here as far as I know shares my opinion. Bye

So, you support theft?

Personally I see it more as borrowing, especially if the modder points out who made the original physical model of a car. If they don't claim it as their own and/or say "oh yeah I did eeeeevery little thing on this car, 100% mine in every way", then who are they hurting? Absolutely nobody.

So, you support theft?
no but I support sharing. I dont know where you come from but in Germany (and I think in like alomst every other country) it is legal to use something from someone else as long as you give credit and dont make money of it.

In my eyes you cant "own" something that is completley virtual

and you didnt even answer a single question.... great response

Last edited:
no but I support sharing. I dont know where you come from but in Germany (and I think in like alomst every other country) it is legal to use something from someone else as long as you give credit and dont make money of it.

In my eyes you cant "own" something that is completley virtual

and you didnt even answer a single question.... great response

In my view, it's stealing unless you have permission from the original creator.

Thank you guys for presenting me with, and allowing me to download at my discretion, dozens of mods of varying degrees of awesome. The last thing we need is a self-appointed Hero protecting us from the evil mods that don't meet some arbitrary quality barrier. Thanks Hero, thanks for protecting us from our own free-will.

Can I ask, why did you even join this forum? Judging by the tone of your first eight posts, it seems you didn't come here because you're a sim-racing enthusiast.

I for one would appreciate it if you would kindly save your sanctimonious decrees for another forum. I come here to escape dictatorial human politics, not to hear more of it.

You shouldn’t be here. People who break the good vibes in the forum should be ban.
This people here work a lot in that mods and share it for free, you’re not the right person to decide if their work is legal or not.
If someone has to say anything is the author of the original mod/model, not you.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back