Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,729 comments
hi , I didn't edit it no, and it's not 2.4GB for the one file , it's ALL files with that extension combined (in ALL my car folders ) that amount to 2.4GB...
(as you see in the screenshot that 1 file is approx 22 MB)

I would like to know for sure that these are 100% not used by any mod before I go and do a mass delete of these files.. :)
As said, i'm pretty sure is a not-properly-saved .dds file leaved for mistake in the folder. Can you DM me the source of that particular car so i can see (if is possible to find and download it) have the same issue on my side too? Anyway, i'm pretty sure about what i said above

As said, i'm pretty sure is a not-properly-saved .dds file leaved for mistake in the folder. Can you DM me the source of that particular car so i can see (if is possible to find and download it) have the same issue on my side too? Anyway, i'm pretty sure about what i said above
here a copy of that mod, you can find the weird dds~ file in skin "01" ...

thanks already for wanting to double-check!

EDIT : if it can help , here a list with all such weird dds~ files I found on my AC folder

Last edited:
Hi guys,

some of you might remember my posts concerning the history of all 964 Carrera RSR chassis represented by their skins race by race. The skins have not been released since then and are done for the 964 Carrera RSR made by zOffty, Javs and me. We all took nearly a whole year off the project, as real life needed our attention.

Good news, the project is still alive. The 964 RSR will be a car with a lot of configurable extensions, which allow us to represent all the variants which raced since 1993 in IMSA, BPR, ADAC GT Cup, Italian GT Cup, LM24 etc.

More news will follow.....

Daniel

Amazing, thanks.

So many 993 mods, so few 964's. Two coolest Porsches ever created. Last hand built masterpieces.

Doug DeMuro agrees.

Published a Python script that makes it easy to create a track file for RaceTrackBuilder, directly from lidar data: https://acrallycentral.com/lidar-data-tools-for-rtb/
You have to create a .gpx file of your track & download the lidar data, the script does the rest.
The result is a .csv file with coordinate points at (default) 2m interval with precise elevation data, ready for importing in RTB.

Now it shouldn't be too hard to create an RTB height plugin (substituting Google Earth data) using the same elements.
Except I'm crap at C# and can't figure out how to use the required libraries 😝
So if anyone with C# skills is interested, do get in touch

gpx_python_script2.png
gpx-mardore-height-profile.png
GPX_tracks.jpg

Last edited:
If someone is interessed, Tommy78 has released a BMW 635CSI DTM :

View attachment 1385385
It's often discussed that people make the same cars over and over again, instead of doing the cars that nobody else has done. Tommy kind of does just that - makes the cars that nobody has done. They are a bit steeply priced, but they're not encrypted or anything, and are usually quite good. His 1989 BTCC Golf is cool, and rumour has it that he'll be doing the group A Volvo 240 Turbo next. :)

BMW 635CSI DTM

It's often discussed that people make the same cars over and over again, instead of doing the cars that nobody else has done. Tommy kind of does just that - makes the cars that nobody has done. They are a bit steeply priced, but they're not encrypted or anything, and are usually quite good. His 1989 BTCC Golf is cool, and rumour has it that he'll be doing the group A Volvo 240 Turbo next. :)
Only thing i dislike about ALL of the DTM he put out are the "injection mold marks" (?) he put on EVERY ONE OF THEM!!
See actual 1984 635CSi DTM:

1725050247852.png

Hi everyone, can someone help me understand the problems I'm having with these 2 circuits Bharain 2020 and Portimao 2023?
On the first one I have black and transparent areas and on the second one I always have a winter season with snow, but I don't have any skin activated. I've already tried to delete and copy again. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-30 223537.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 223537.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-08-30 223740.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 223740.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone, can someone help me understand the problems I'm having with these 2 circuits Bharain 2020 and Portimao 2023?
On the first one I have black and transparent areas and on the second one I always have a winter season with snow, but I don't have any skin activated. I've already tried to delete and copy again. Thanks in advance
For winter issue, simply you have setup wrong the seasonal adjustment in CM (is a common issue that hundreds of users had).
On bahrain no idea, probably you have a wrong/bad updated config or something that have compromised the package causing that issue.

For winter issue, simply you have setup wrong the seasonal adjustment in CM (is a common issue that hundreds of users had).
On bahrain no idea, probably you have a wrong/bad updated config or something that have compromised the package causing that issue.
Thank you so much...Portimao I solved thanks to your tip. I will try again for Bahrain

Cool thing BUT at least in my case his cars become useless as soon i moved to a direct drive wheel. The physics/ffb are just broken. It seems he addapts the physics to older wheels. Earlier with a T300 everything was ok. It´s the one and only case where a DD wheel works that weird

Cool thing BUT at least in my case his cars become useless as soon i moved to a direct drive wheel. The physics/ffb are just broken. It seems he addapts the physics to older wheels. Earlier with a T300 everything was ok. It´s the one and only case where a DD wheel works that weird
Surprised to hear that. Never had issues with my Simucube DD wheel when driving Tommy's cars.

Made my 4th skin (4th and 5th?). I think I'm improving, at least I'm getting better with gimp. lol

Feel free to give suggestions and pointers. I'm still learning. Making curves is still a struggle.

Owens / Corning Corvettes #6 & #7 @ 1970 Daytona 24h

acl 69 vette

__custom_showroom_1724725004.jpg
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2024.08.26 - 21.25.57.68.png

How strange to post this and then reply to someone else and have the two completely unrelated posts merged into one..because "it's what the multiquote feature is for", when I literally used the multiquote feature to reply to the other post.

Attachments

• Owens-Cornin-6+7Pack-1969Vette.zip
    4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Surprised to hear that. Never had issues with my Simucube DD wheel when driving Tommy's cars
Ok maybe its too generalized. At least the whole DTM 1989 pack, whoch i liked before is no more driveable with my Fanatec. In fact i did not drive his other cars since the wheel change..

Only thing i dislike about ALL of the DTM he put out are the "injection mold marks" (?) he put on EVERY ONE OF THEM!!
See actual 1984 635CSi DTM:

Not sure if I know what you mean? Is it the "made by tommy" emblems on the dashboard you mean? If so, they can easily be skinned away.

I know. It can pretty much be solved by editing car.ini and setting STEER_ASSIST=1 and FFMULT=1. Don't know why he uses odd values for these, probably as you say, to make it feel ok on weaker wheels.

here a copy of that mod, you can find the weird dds~ file in skin "01" ...

thanks already for wanting to double-check!

EDIT : if it can help , here a list with all such weird dds~ files I found on my AC folder
As far as I can see, those are both valid DDS files. The guy with the ~ added is a bit larger and has been saved in a DXGI format not supported by GIMP. After a rename, it does however open correctly in Paint.NET which has wider support for DXGI formats. Both 4k (in the case of f85_main_aomp.dds). The DDS~ files are date-stamped 2022 and the DDS are 2024. My guess is, recent updates were "let's do this in a compatible format" or "I'm using GIMP now, so lets redo these".

I reckon it's safe to mass delete *.DDS~ and reclaim the squatted land :)

Last edited:
Opel Calibra small fix
I have rendered the internal windows and everything should now be fine, just overwrite the kn5 file with the new one
This fixes nothing?
Drive into low sun (after raising ksDiffuse on the internal glass to 0.4, so it can actually be seen) and it's obvious that the dirty glass texture is still mirrored down the middle of the windscreen and the side windows are still just frosted glass.
Third time lucky and at the risk of repeating myself once again: the texture needs remapping.

Screenshot_f302_opel_calibra_touringcar_gt_sainte_croix_31-7-124-9-25-58.png

Last edited:
I know. It can pretty much be solved by editing car.ini and setting STEER_ASSIST=1 and FFMULT=1. Don't know why he uses odd values for these, probably as you say, to make it feel ok on weaker wheels.
Hey good to know, thx will give it a try. :)

If i succed i get the BMW. Do someone know if his BTCC VW Golf fits preformance wise vs his 89s`cars?

If someone is interessed, Tommy78 has released a BMW 635CSI DTM :

View attachment 1385385
Also three rather nice BTCC '89 cars, all of which unfortunately suffer from bad sunlight entry into the cockpit around object joints and seams.
Easy fix (albeit a shame that modders often don't check this themselves), just add these to the end of the relevant configs:

Sierra RS500:
Code:
;stop sun getting places it shouldn't
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = RS500_EXT_PAINT, RS500_BLACK_PLASTIC, RS500_BLACK
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

Golf GTI:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = GTI_EXT_PAINT, GTI_BLACK_PLASTIC, GTI_BLACK
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

Astra GTE:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = GTE_EXT_PAINT, GTE_BLACK, GTE_BLRUBBER
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

This fixes nothing?
Drive into low sun (after raising ksDiffuse on the internal glass to 0.4, so it can actually be seen) and it's obvious that the dirty glass texture is still mirrored down the middle of the windscreen and the side windows are still just frosted glass.
Third time lucky and at the risk of repeating myself once again: the texture needs remapping.

View attachment 1385544
Unbenannt.jpg
20240831-141438-spa-f302_opel_calibra_touringcar.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, it's not your fault, but the German beer brand is called “HASSERÖDER”. It uses the “broken Gothic” font from the 1930s, which makes S look like L.
Thanks for the correction, i had another chap correct me on the discusasion page of the skin. I literally had NOOOOOOOOO idea that was an "S" loooooooooool

you learn something new each and every day :gtpflag:

Hey good to know, thx will give it a try. :)

If i succed i get the BMW. Do someone know if his BTCC VW Golf fits preformance wise vs his 89s`cars?

I think they are matched, but haven't really tested. The Kadett GSi is the rotten apple in the pack, in my opinion. It's borderline undrivable because of a bad rear suspension. I have tinkered with a more decent one, but I'm no engineer, so it's all a load of guesswork. But I have managed to make a new suspension.ini for it that feels pretty good.

Also three rather nice BTCC '89 cars, all of which unfortunately suffer from bad sunlight entry into the cockpit around object joints and seams.
Easy fix (albeit a shame that modders often don't check this themselves), just add these to the end of the relevant configs:

Sierra RS500:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = RS500_EXT_PAINT, RS500_BLACK_PLASTIC, RS500_BLACK
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

Golf GTI:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = GTI_EXT_PAINT, GTI_BLACK_PLASTIC, GTI_BLACK
CAST_SHADOWS = 1

Astra GTE:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = GTE_EXT_PAINT, GTE_BLACK, GTE_BLRUBBER
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
Yes! This, among other things, are details that kind of holds Tommy's mods back. Which is a shame, because the models themselves are pretty good. And a shame that he doesn't take the time to lift his cars from decent to excellent. Not really a fan of having to tinker with paymods to make them work, but I've always made an exception for Tommy. Because he makes the cars I love, that nobody else makes.

I think they are matched, but haven't really tested. The Kadett GSi is the rotten apple in the pack, in my opinion. It's borderline undrivable because of a bad rear suspension. I have tinkered with a more decent one, but I'm no engineer, so it's all a load of guesswork. But I have managed to make a new suspension.ini for it that feels pretty good.

Yes! This, among other things, are details that kind of holds Tommy's mods back. Which is a shame, because the models themselves are pretty good. And a shame that he doesn't take the time to lift his cars from decent to excellent. Not really a fan of having to tinker with paymods to make them work, but I've always made an exception for Tommy. Because he makes the cars I love, that nobody else makes.
Unfortunately as soon i change the data (with AC Tuner) no CM user here, the car (tested on Supra) is kind falling through the track. :confused:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back