Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,610 comments
Great job as always guys . The car looks and feels great . The only thing i would say is that the engine sound is a bit off . In 2000 the northstar V8 had much more of an old school pushrod V8 sound . The 2001 and 2002 cars sounded much closer to the Audi R8 . I'll leave some videos for you to check out ,

was not expecting this with the sounds.

I think they are matched, but haven't really tested. The Kadett GSi is the rotten apple in the pack, in my opinion. It's borderline undrivable because of a bad rear suspension. I have tinkered with a more decent one, but I'm no engineer, so it's all a load of guesswork. But I have managed to make a new suspension.ini for it that feels pretty good.

Yes! This, among other things, are details that kind of holds Tommy's mods back. Which is a shame, because the models themselves are pretty good. And a shame that he doesn't take the time to lift his cars from decent to excellent. Not really a fan of having to tinker with paymods to make them work, but I've always made an exception for Tommy. Because he makes the cars I love, that nobody else makes.
There is a "alternative physic's" upload on RD for Tommy's BTCC Astra by the way. Just incase anyone missed it. I have no idea if it is good or not i just downloaded it for when i make a purchase over at Tommy's website.

oi oiiiiiii!! i just unzipped the physic's for Tommy's BTCC astra and its yooooooooooou @fleskebacon sorry i did not realise it was you

Last edited:
Walt Disney World Speedway 1.0 Release
Download: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/walt-disney-world-speedway.6928/
View attachment 1384543View attachment 1384544
Walt Disney World Speedway held its first race in 1996 and its last in 2000. It hosted both the Indy Racing League and the Nascar Truck series during its time. The Track was torn down starting in 2015.

Credits
Original track was built for NR2003 by John Norton
Converted to Assetto Corsa by FerrariFanatic9/FerrariFan9

-37 pits/Start
-AI with AI Sidelines done
-Cams based on the cameras used during the 98 race by abc/espn

View attachment 1384545
Any chances you can improve the ground mesh by avoiding that the "mickey lake" and "infield" meshes overlap themselves with the "2GRASS" meshes causing (for CSP users) grass spawning everywhere? Thanks anyway for your work, appreciated.

Both track (this and chicago) missing the hotlap spawn point.

Havent seen any 80's DTm with that...
Neither have I, but I was pretty sure I did, until just now... Maybe I dreamt of it. Or saw it on newer restomod cars.
There is a "alternative physic's" upload on RD for Tommy's BTCC Astra by the way. Just incase anyone missed it. I have no idea if it is good or not i just downloaded it for when i make a purchase over at Tommy's website. If anyone wants it i can post it up if people can't find it (if thats allowed, probably not as its not my work)

oi oiiiiiii!! i just unzipped the physic's for Tommy's BTCC astra and its yooooooooooou @fleskebacon sorry i did not realise it was you
Warning: That's a real hackjob and probably makes them way too grippy in the rear, but at least it made the cars driveable for me. I'm on it again now, trying to make them a bit better. They actually had swappable anti-roll bars, but very limited possibilities to adjust toe and camber.

The problem, in my opinion, is Tommy's rather strange decision to use a live rear axle for these cars, which he has also equipped the BTCC Golf with. I'm by no means an expert, but using a dwb setup seems to be a better choice.

The Golf drives nicely for me, but the GTE and even more the GSi are so loose in the rear that it's borderline impossible. And not fun. A fwd car shouldn't really be that tail happy at all, unless something is really wrong.

Neither have I, but I was pretty sure I did, until just now... Maybe I dreamt of it. Or saw it on newer restomod cars.

Warning: That's a real hackjob and probably makes them way too grippy in the rear, but at least it made the cars driveable for me. I'm on it again now, trying to make them a bit better. They actually had swappable anti-roll bars, but very limited possibilities to adjust toe and camber.

The problem, in my opinion, is Tommy's rather strange decision to use a live rear axle for these cars, which he has also equipped the BTCC Golf with. I'm by no means an expert, but using a dwb setup seems to be a better choice.

The Golf drives nicely for me, but the GTE and even more the GSi are so loose in the rear that it's borderline impossible. And not fun. A fwd car shouldn't really be that tail happy at all, unless something is really wrong.
I just purchased the BTCC Astra and lets put it this way, i'm glad there was alternative physics for this thing because you are correct the back end is a bloody pendulum and close to unusable. What you done has made it 100x better

so the Golf is ok? i have not got it yet as i was concerned it would be like the Astra but i will purchase thast aswell

I just purchased the BTCC Astra and lets put it this way, i'm glad there was alternative physics for this thing because you are correct the back end is a bloody pendulum and close to unusable. What you done has made it 100x better

so the Golf is ok? i have not got it yet as i was concerned it would be like the Astra but i will purchase thast aswell
The Golf is very stable, almost boring... :)

The Golf is very stable, almost boring... :)
a stark difference to what the Astra was then :) . Excellent i shall purchase that gooooooof now thanks for the information

Opel Calibra DTM V2

Drag and Drop to install

thats all the conversions done now

Screenshot (650).png

Last edited:
a stark difference to what the Astra was then :) . Excellent i shall purchase that gooooooof now thanks for the information
And pretty much all of Tommy's cars suffer from weird STEER_ASSIST and FFMULT values in car.ini. STEER_ASSIST needs to be 1.0, and FFMULT usually somewhere in the 0.75-1.25 range, depending on preference and car.

But as far as my knowledge goes, STEER_ASSIST should pretty much always be set to 1.0, for all cars.

For those interested - i have updated my 90s Supertourers "BOP Project" Goal was to improve the VRC cars a bit, especially the newest 2 french ones

For winter issue, simply you have setup wrong the seasonal adjustment in CM (is a common issue that hundreds of users had).
On bahrain no idea, probably you have a wrong/bad updated config or something that have compromised the package causing that issue.
could you remind us of where to find that setting? It's always winter for me at Portimao and Crystal Palace, but I don't know which box to tick or where to find it. Thanks in advance!

WIP WIP WIP VW Scirocco HillClimb 9000RPM 300cv 700kg wip wip wip
__custom_showroom_1725016965.jpg

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1725014981.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725014981.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2
  • __custom_showroom_1725014963.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725014963.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5
  • __custom_showroom_1725007359.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725007359.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 5
  • __custom_showroom_1725007334.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725007334.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 5
  • __custom_showroom_1725007299.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725007299.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 3
  • __custom_showroom_1725007288.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725007288.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 3
  • __custom_showroom_1725007269.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1725007269.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
And pretty much all of Tommy's cars suffer from weird STEER_ASSIST and FFMULT values in car.ini. STEER_ASSIST needs to be 1.0, and FFMULT usually somewhere in the 0.75-1.25 range, depending on preference and car.

But as far as my knowledge goes, STEER_ASSIST should pretty much always be set to 1.0, for all cars.
yeh there was a chap over on RD ( i think maybe AccAkult) or however you spell it he done the Lotus Tiga Esprit

he mentioned exactly the same as what you have mentioned some of the DTM car's had real weird values assigned to them

pretty sure Tommy goes like this:

3d = good enough

physic's = recycle bin (on some car's not all)

The first Ford is from my Hometown, tho they only have their 89' RS500 left in the shop
My Town aint really big but it has 2 Great Racing Teams, one is Ford Ringshausen which raced in the DTM from 85 to 91.
The other one is Schnabl Engineering which is also known as Falken Motorsport in GT3 but also raced the Maseratis in the old GT1 category

Attachments

• Bild_2024-08-31_213122959.png
    Bild_2024-08-31_213122959.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Bild_2024-08-31_212815776.png
    Bild_2024-08-31_212815776.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Bild_2024-08-31_212711600.png
    Bild_2024-08-31_212711600.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Bild_2024-08-31_213302263.png
    Bild_2024-08-31_213302263.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 3
My Town aint really big but it has 2 Great Racing Teams, one is Ford Ringshausen which raced in the DTM from 85 to 91.
The other one is Schnabl Engineering which is also known as Falken Motorsport in GT3 but also raced the Maseratis in the old GT1 category
No race team in my town, but back in 1999 and 2000, we had the FIA Ice Challenge races
1725134931282.png
1725134974441.png
1725135008573.png

Also, notice how none of them have visible hydraulics jacks :lol:

shi
F1 1998 - ROUND 04 - Imola v1.0
The Imola billboard in the Imola 1995-2005 by RMi has been updated to the F1 1998 version.
Some textures and objects from Grand Prix Team's rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack were used.

View attachment 1356148
-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Imola 1995-2005 by @RMi_wood
rFactor F1 1998 Track Pack by Grand Prix Team
-Thanks for giving me permission.

1998 Updated by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
distmarker.dds obtained from F1-97 By @JV82 (skin)
marshall and cameraman by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Hello shi

I have a question

I have the 1998 season Virtua Simulazioni cars installed (which I think are the ones from the video demo), but the camera only shows the nose of the car.
How can I make the camera show it like you have it in the video?

Thanks

Here is an image:

Sin título.png

Any chances you can improve the ground mesh by avoiding that the "mickey lake" and "infield" meshes overlap themselves with the "2GRASS" meshes causing (for CSP users) grass spawning everywhere? Thanks anyway for your work, appreciated.

Both track (this and chicago) missing the hotlap spawn point.
Yeah I should I tried to get rid of that the normal way but for some reason grass kept going through. Thought I disabled grass fx so maybe ill just raise the lake up a bit.

yeh there was a chap over on RD ( i think maybe AccAkult) or however you spell it he done the Lotus Tiga Esprit

he mentioned exactly the same as what you have mentioned some of the DTM car's had real weird values assigned to them

pretty sure Tommy goes like this:

3d = good enough

physic's = recycle bin (on some car's not all)
Thats why I always contact the mod maker by publishing on what I think should or how to be improved after I tested his mod. Pity most do not even care, as if they prefer quantum more then quality.
just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back