Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Hi all, a little atempt to make a 1992-1993 magny-cours f1 skin layout, far to perfect, but it's make the job ;)
i release it here when it's ready :)
Screenshot_f1_1992_benetton_magny_cours_2-12-119-17-24-44.png

Screenshot_f1_1992_benetton_magny_cours_2-12-119-17-27-40.png

Screenshot_f1_1992_benetton_magny_cours_2-12-119-17-29-8.png

I have asked a couple of times for the screen shot of how to swap physics from cars over and no one has got back to me. I'll try again.
It was posted up about which files to leave and which to swap and cant find it at all via search anywhere?
Rename;
car.ini
brakes.ini
suspensions.ini
tyre.ini
to *_old.ini

Keep;
ambient_shadows.ini
analog_instruments.ini
blurred_objects.ini
damage.ini
digital_instruments.ini
flames_presets.ini
flames.ini
lights.ini
lods.ini
mirrors.ini
proview_nodes.ini
suspension_graphics.ini

Delete or overwrite everything else with the data from the donor car

Compare the *_old.ini'sthe new versions
Change the cars name in car.ini
Change the brake glow objects in brakes.ini
Change the tyre sizes in tyres.ini (later use CM to check these sizes match the model)
Change the wheelbase and track in suspensions.ini (also [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS])
Take the difference in tyre radius, if the tyre radius is smaller than the donated one then subtract
from 'BASEY=' found in suspensions ini. And vice versa (Careful, 'BASEY=' is usually negative so mind
your algebra)
Use CM showroom, align using data, and fiddle with 'GRAPHICS_OFFSET=' inside car.ini to place the car back over
its wheels.
Use CM showroom, align using data, and fiddle with 'TRACK=' inside suspensions.ini along with
[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS] to fine tune the wheel's positions. Note that CM doesn't handle the offsets properly and you will
need to check these ingame, using the dev suspensions app. (Enable Dev apps in CM, activate ingame and use numpad 1,2,3,4 to show the wheels.)

Hey does assetto have the ability to make odd suspentions other than wish bone or struts? i watched a documentary on buggatis and really wanted to work on a Type 51 some time. i dont have much knowledge on classics let alone a car from 1930's so i bet i cant do the car accurately at all meaning it wouldnt be released ever. but i figure it would be a cool side project to learn on. and the car is just sexy, apparently it just strait up dominated back in its time.

9550524-3x2-340x227.jpg

I've done a small update of the ford MKIIb,
Basically, I've deleted all the previous skins and redid the same than the Kunos GT40.

I've redone some material setting, with the same setting than the Gt40 and replaced the awefull goodyear texture by Firestone one.
And More important, the aspec7878.com done in 3d is gone ,and the template include a shadow layer.
If someone want to have it.
Next could be the MKIV

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!LIgRXIJR!cdqJYPE_QnKzOdDQHKMFFS8p9FHPzlWjpVODM7l_Bfs

Leave comments

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1575310454.png
    __custom_showroom_1575310454.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 59
  • __custom_showroom_1575310650.png
    __custom_showroom_1575310650.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Basically, I've deleted all the previous skins and redid the same than the Kunos GT40.

I've redone some material setting, with the same setting than the Gt40 and replaced the awefull goodyear texture by Firestone one.
And More important, the aspec7878.com done in 3d is gone ,and the template include a shadow layer.
Thank you so much brother, it looks good. Where's my brother this beautiful car?

Are there 1966 Le Mans skins?

Your works are very beautiful:tup:👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful man, maybe someone came into the forum to say that you don't have the rights to share your content... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Original conversion by Rainmaker, i guess haven’t any problem to post my skin here, in the past i have done a re-skin of is imola 1988 layout to 1994 layout available on RD... so if i credit the right person, nobody came here to blame me for the release :gtpflag:

Not worth it. Those are old Chivas cars. He's nearly done with the new stuff.
edit, was some of that polish for missing tires and rims at times? :D
No fortunately we didnt make any of those cars, the lexus was by simdream and RTM, the skins worth with both and several other guys seemed to tweak the car.

As for the Honda that was by Assettogarage and then RTM re-released the same car for a few euros.

As for the Nissan thats on URD however we are working with URD at the moment so theres a chance that we could do something with that car but it is not likely especially with all the partnerships at the moment and with Charles(konizu) handling everything while the rest of the team is busy with work.

And of course a teaser.

ca8ec183a24a4a6f1951cabece1b76f5.jpg

Ok, safety glass on pitlane seems to be good enough though. :)
So here next fix/update:
https://sharemods.com/nfgceo7n6ar2/melbourne_2019_v1.4.7z.html

Thx @Fanapryde, I corrected track folder now and the pitlane glass on both sides.
Unfortunately I only take a look from the Start/Finish and forgot to look from the pitlane itself. Fanapryde noticed the glass got black from that side. :(
So, I had to take a walk on the dark side to fix that too. ;)
upload_2019-12-2_15-11-19-png.870503

upload_2019-12-2_15-11-43-png.870504

So now the fix from the fix. Hope it´s Ok now.
Sorry for any trouble last version caused. :rolleyes:

Fixed "Pirelli" hole and changed the pitlane glass to be more transparent now.
Other corner with adds fixed to be not "dirty" anymore.

Put original 3D grass kn5 file into archive too. For those ones who didn´t want or can´t use the new Grass FX feature from CSP.
It´s imo quite ugly but you can enable or disable it by changing:
Code:
[MODEL_6]
FILE=
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

to
[MODEL_6]
FILE=erba.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Fixed this 3D grass material to be shown intransparent, but it´s now on some adds, kerbs again, like on the Pirelli add as I leaved it physicaly as it was before. :dunce: :odd:
I wouldn´t recommend this 3D grass, but who knows, maybe someone like it. ;)
By default it isn´t shown for all the other ones. :)

Hope I didn´t messed up something else and you enjoy it! :cheers:
Just wanted to say a big thank you for this track, with your improvements its now my go to F1 track and the fence fix finishes it for me. Cheers

Rename;
car.ini
brakes.ini
suspensions.ini
tyre.ini
to *_old.ini

Keep;
ambient_shadows.ini
analog_instruments.ini
blurred_objects.ini
damage.ini
digital_instruments.ini
flames_presets.ini
flames.ini
lights.ini
lods.ini
mirrors.ini
proview_nodes.ini
suspension_graphics.ini

Delete or overwrite everything else with the data from the donor car

Compare the *_old.ini'sthe new versions
Change the cars name in car.ini
Change the brake glow objects in brakes.ini
Change the tyre sizes in tyres.ini (later use CM to check these sizes match the model)
Change the wheelbase and track in suspensions.ini (also [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS])
Take the difference in tyre radius, if the tyre radius is smaller than the donated one then subtract
from 'BASEY=' found in suspensions ini. And vice versa (Careful, 'BASEY=' is usually negative so mind
your algebra)
Use CM showroom, align using data, and fiddle with 'GRAPHICS_OFFSET=' inside car.ini to place the car back over
its wheels.
Use CM showroom, align using data, and fiddle with 'TRACK=' inside suspensions.ini along with
[GRAPHICS_OFFSETS] to fine tune the wheel's positions. Note that CM doesn't handle the offsets properly and you will
need to check these ingame, using the dev suspensions app. (Enable Dev apps in CM, activate ingame and use numpad 1,2,3,4 to show the wheels.)

Cheers for this!!

First attempt not bad!

Made this really bad Triumph mod by ciracesonline into a car that can compete with some of the TCL cars! Just swapped over the MGA TCL mod. Chuffed.
Not accurate but hell adds another car for the AI.

tri.jpg

Cheers for this!!

First attempt not bad!

Made this really bad Triumph mod by ciracesonline into a car that can compete with some of the TCL cars! Just swapped over the MGA TCL mod. Chuffed.
Not accurate but hell adds another car for the AI.

View attachment 870661
Nothing wrong with that. Having fun is having fun. I know we like to be as realistic as possible but let's face it, AC is a tad dated in the physics and the best thing you can do is enjoy it anyway you want. I'm going to try and make some other turds drive-able again myself.

Next could be the MKIV

Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!LIgRXIJR!cdqJYPE_QnKzOdDQHKMFFS8p9FHPzlWjpVODM7l_Bfs

Leave comments
does not work. I could not turn it on

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back