Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
Version 2.0 Final - 26th January 2020

All the credits for the 3D model go to s3r1u5

82962485_489358325103714_3487565868722814976_o.jpg

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new engine and turbo configs
- new suspensions setup
- new tyres v10 (street 90s, semislicks)
- new textures and shaders
- corrected car polar inertia
- tweaked ffb power multiplier
- corrected steer lock and ratio
- changed fuel tank position
- tweaked differentials
- tweaked gearbox values
- changed max brake torque
- adjusted collider values
- added LODs .kn5 files
- added damage
- added deforming bonnet (only with Shaders Patch)
- emissive headlights now work
- adjusted lights
- added extra interior lights
- new onboard cameras
- updated ambient shadows
- updated skins preview

DOWNLOAD HERE
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1juebu9l4pd46ed/Peugeot_205_Turbo_16_%281985%29_v2.0.7z/file

I tested your car out, and you did an amazing job, the steering feels heavy on my wheel but nothing crazy or bad and if i remember correctly i don't think that car had power steering in real life, so heavy is probably correct. and i love how it feels at high speed when the lift kicks in and the car starts getting slightly floaty, it kept me on my toes and made driving it exciting. for an old car this thing packs a punch and has some grip. You did a really nice job on the suspension and Aero, more detail than you typically see these days:tup:

I tested your car out, and you did an amazing job, the steering feels heavy on my wheel but nothing crazy or bad and if i remember correctly i don't think that car had power steering in real life, so heavy is probably correct. and i love how it feels at high speed when the lift kicks in and the car starts getting slightly floaty, it kept me on my toes and made driving it exciting. for an old car this thing packs a punch and has some grip. You did a really nice job on the suspension and Aero, more detail than you typically see these days:tup:

Thank you very very much! :) That's what I try to achieve, something believable!
Really glad you appreciate this rework!

Yes, the 205 T16 didn't have power steering, and a youtube car review confirmed that the steering was pretty heavy!

If you want, you can try also the BMW 2002 Turbo, IMO one of the funnier car to drive of my reworks!
Here's the link.

Last edited:
View attachment 885108

Is anyone planning on creating the 2020 skins for the GT Planet DPi's I mainly noticed that the Rollovers version is getting more attention than the GTPs.

P.S: which is the better Model variants for the DPi's GTP or rollovers :confused:
Hello, you can just rename the DDS file and the skins will work on the GTP car as well.
I renamed the files now for you and others.
all 4 skins that raced this weekend.
https://we.tl/t-B2UcIBG6MY

Alright eagle update after another night into it, got around to tires. the daytona record listed that it ran in quali trim at 1000hp was 1:33.398
i just ran the best i could on 98% track grip (fast) and 78 degrees out. i figured thats realistic since daytona is a well kept track, so 95% grip seemed too low and 100% means not a single spec of dust is out there so thats too high i think, im not an expert on track grip so who knows, maybe grip is written into the track itself and at 98% i'm just making it worse. there has to be a full second to be had out there to hit that record. I'm not super familiar with daytona road course like i am nurburgring so i cant tell. im hoping its me that's too slow, not the car.
upload_2020-1-27_5-50-46.png 1:33.398 is record for eagle irl

edit: also @AC Modder i tried your bmw 2002 turbo out and the way it over steers feels really natural. catching slides in that thing is amazing, i tested it on laguna seca. just as good as the 205 T16 in terms of quality, any car you do ill be trying from now on :cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 885108

Is anyone planning on creating the 2020 skins for the GT Planet DPi's I mainly noticed that the Rollovers version is getting more attention than the GTPs.

P.S: which is the better Model variants for the DPi's GTP or rollovers :confused:

Rollovers. I have asked a guys yesterday at their Discord to update the package visually if possible. In rF2 there is a DPi IMSA mod by RSS (Real Series Simulation) offering a significant visual improvement over the Rollovers version in AC, especially visible on the Mazda RT24-P.

@Peterwxm : Link for the Rollovers pack: http://therollovers.it/american-endurance-pack/

I looked at my collection, my 3 versions are superb, i have some new skins on these tracks, well i don't know.

The same thing for this track, the trees are very beautiful and it’s not the FVR version.

Hey mate, since you seem to back - :D - a little reminder about Phillip Island and Townsville ?
Still hoping for better ones (though @slider666 has already reworked the V8SC version to look a bit more decent)...

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new suspensions setup
- tweaked differentials
- tweaked gearbox values
- added LODs .kn5 files
- added damage
- adjusted lights
- new onboard cameras
- updated skins preview

DOWNLOAD HERE
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1juebu9l4pd46ed/Peugeot_205_Turbo_16_%281985%29_v2.0.7z/file

Aww nice one for doing this 205. It's always been a massive favourite of mine in the real world but the current version just never quite felt right (though that version is the EVO 2 and is setup for rallying but still doesn't quite cut it)...I just saw your reworked version has had the @megolito seal of approval so even though I haven't tried this yet I know it's gonna be good. Looking forward to driving this later

Last edited:
Hey mate, since you seem to back - :D - a little reminder about Phillip Island and Townsville ?
Still hoping for better ones (though @slider666 has already reworked the V8SC version to look a bit more decent)...
Yes Yes Philip Island Please!!!
I tried this track too. It has very nice flow and I think it will have some good races. But too bad the graphic is really not to date. Looking forward to an update versions with CSP support.

Yeah last time, i lost everything on my computer (the reason for my long absence) I think his version is better than what I had to offer you. Now I have better to propose, my last mod is more important than this poor circuit (Townsville). My latest works are multi-years of Paul Ricard, Laguna Seca and more (secret for the moment)... and especially my last Porsche 962c with many new improvements and many new skins. Nothing like what's available on Racedepartment. I hope you're not insensitive to that. :)

I go back to the 1.25preview140, the helmet movements takes my head !!! ^^
You talk about the fact that at some distance the non-animated model of the driver is displayed, and then it is replaced with an animated model, and it looks strange, it sharply pulls its head at this moment... You mean that, or something else?

I don 't keep up with CSP:)))

Just updated to latest CSP version (0.1.38) and tested the native (default) weather FX and... wow, what a boost in performaces compared to Sol!
I also visually like it (still using my beloved overcst/broken clouds wheathers from Sol)

Note: on a Quest, Oculus Link encode res@2912
I'm probably missing something obvious here, but how do you select the new built-in weather instead of Sol?
Edit: nvm, just change the weather script to 'Sol 2' in WeatherFX settings.

Last edited:
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new suspensions setup
- tweaked differentials
- tweaked gearbox values
- added LODs .kn5 files
- added damage
- adjusted lights
- new onboard cameras
- updated skins preview

DOWNLOAD HERE
Thanks - not sure if you are aware but the wing mirrors are flipped (well, 3D mirrors in VR are, anyway).

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new suspensions setup
- tweaked differentials
- tweaked gearbox values
- added LODs .kn5 files
- added damage
- adjusted lights
- new onboard cameras
- updated skins preview

DOWNLOAD HERE
looks great. I look forward to trying this. Do you have any other French Hatchbacks in the works? :)

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new suspensions setup
- tweaked differentials
- tweaked gearbox values
- added LODs .kn5 files
- added damage
- adjusted lights
- new onboard cameras
- updated skins preview

DOWNLOAD HERE

Quite a quirky little car, thanks for this one! Any chance you'll be doing anymore little hatchbacks at all?

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but how do you select the new built-in weather instead of Sol?
Edit: nvm, just change the weather script to 'Sol 2' in WeatherFX settings.
Mmmm... Early stages I know, but some clouds are very odd shapes, they look too close in VR (especially ones that are supposed to be off on the horizon), and lighting in cockpits now strobes slightly. Think I'll stick with Sol until Sol 2 is refined a little. Interesting concept though.

Mmmm... Early stages I know, but some clouds are very odd shapes, they look too close in VR (especially ones that are supposed to be off on the horizon), and lighting in cockpits now strobes slightly. Think I'll stick with Sol until Sol 2 is refined a little. Interesting concept though.
what is the difference between "built in weather sol2" and sol normal in terms of like the overall goal it's trying to achieve. is the goal to like have better performance or something? I've always seen the built in weather thing said "coming soon" and i always wondered what it was supposed to do. It looked like sol was doing anything imaginable already.

what is the difference between "built in weather sol2" and sol normal in terms of like the overall goal it's trying to achieve. is the goal to like have better performance or something? I've always seen the built in weather thing said "coming soon" and i always wondered what it was supposed to do. It looked like sol was doing anything imaginable already.

Looks like "Sol2" has nothing to do with the original Sol from Peter Boese and is just an expansion of CM's default weather script. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/page-165

Also sounds like it's at a very early stage of development for now as well so prolly best to just stick with SOL....although i haven't managed to get time to play AC today so can't comment on what it looks like lol

From what I can gather performance is supposed to be better (I've not benched it myself) and the clouds actually are affected by wind and cast proper shadows when they pass in front of the sun. Clouds also form organically like in classic time-lapse videos of cloud formations as they move across the sky.
It'll no doubt be great once it's refined a bit but atm looks quite odd to me due to the weird shape of the clouds and how close they feel in VR with stereoscopic vision, especially the ones that are supposed to be off in the distance. Sol looks a lot better to me at the moment, as far as a visually believable sky goes. Sol 2 is in very early stages though so this is probably just proof of concept right now.

away for work for a week so I can't check my pc, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use 'sol2' but 'default'

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back