Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Just took it for a spin. It's alright as it goes. Feels stable and quite fun to drive but the gearing is pretty short, even with 7 of them - then again it is a rally car so fair enough but it could do with being stretched a bit more. Also noticed the whole car has a kind of shine to it that looks a bit odd so I might do a config file for the skin and see if I can tone it down a bit. Otherwise it looks good to me ;) Glad I used some 4k logos as they came out nice and clear.

Excellent work on the skin, my friend! :cheers:
Well deserving of a couple action shots, if you ask me!

01.jpg

02.jpg

As for the car itself, well, I think it functions just fine when used for it's intended purpose ;) Actually handles quite nicely on Kanniranni

Excellent work on the skin, my friend! :cheers:
Well deserving of a couple action shots, if you ask me!

View attachment 900103
View attachment 900104

As for the car itself, well, I think it functions just fine when used for it's intended purpose ;) Actually handles quite nicely on Kanniranni

Thanks mate :D

Love that first shot - maybe I should have taken it off road instead of round a track lol. Not sure I've got Kanniranni so thanks for adding a link.

I'm writing fairly detailed here just to be sure. :)

The filter comes in a zip file called "assettocorsa.rar". Unpack it. You will have a folder called assettocorsa (not to be confused with your game install folder). Below it is a system folder. Copy that folder to your actual assetto corsa game folder.

Confused yet? :lol:

Example: Let's say you unpack the assettocorsa.rar (the mod) to c:\mods\
Let's say your game install folder is c:\games\assettocorsa

Now copy c:\mods\assettocorsa\system folder to c:\games\assettocorsa
It should not ovewrite anything in your game folder's system folder.

Then start up CM. Go to Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Video. Under Post-Processing select "RTFX 2020 ACC" in the Filter dropdown.

Then go to Drive and select one of the SOL weather types. Now start the game.

Open the Sol Config app in-game. Increase blacklevel compensation (value depends on yout monitor). On my the default (0) is way too dark. Then set colors whitebalance to 3. Again, this depends on your taste. 0 and below is blue-ish. Above 0 is warmer.
Then go to page 1 (at the bottom of the Sol Config app) and disable ppfilter load basic custom config (although I'm not quite sure if this is necessary). Then just play around with ppfilter brightness and ppfilter contrast until you are happy. I set them to 110 and 95 respectively. Overcast was a bit too dark on my monitor by default. 110 makes it look a bit more like a bright day.
Thanks for the long and detailed instructions, but I know how to install and activate the PP filter, I just wasn't sure if the corresponding presets needed activating too somewhere. I'm guessing they get applied automatically, then can be tweaked in the Sol configuration app as normal.

I don't think I made myself clear in the first place. As I said, it's been a while since I'd messed with PP filters so wasn't sure if something had changed. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the long and detailed instructions, but I know how to install and activate the PP filter, I just wasn't sure if the corresponding presets needed activating too somewhere. I'm guessing they get applied automatically, then can be tweaked in the Sol configuration app as normal.

I don't think I made myself clear in the first place. As I said, it's been a while since I'd messed with PP filters so wasn't sure if something had changed. Thanks anyway.
Yeah sorry about the over-explanation. I sometimes do that because I like clear instructions myself, even if I'm quite proficient with a computer just like you. :)

Also, there might be others reading it who could benefit from the instructions and who are not very proficient.

Last edited:
The A3PP filter was my favorite before this arrived.

I compared them side by side and wow, this filter wins hands down in all the weathers I usually use (clear, few clouds, scattered, broken, overcast). It's a bit too blueish (for my taste) by default, but a few clicks to the right on the colors whitebalance setting fixed that. I use 3 or 4 there now.

In addition I increased the black level compensation and brightness and slightly decreased contrast. Lighting nailed!!

Trying to get there meanwhile.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-16_2-44-27.png
    upload_2020-3-16_2-44-27.png
    97 KB · Views: 50
  • upload_2020-3-16_2-44-51.png
    upload_2020-3-16_2-44-51.png
    80 KB · Views: 52
  • upload_2020-3-16_2-45-22.png
    upload_2020-3-16_2-45-22.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 51
  • upload_2020-3-16_2-45-51.png
    upload_2020-3-16_2-45-51.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 49
  • upload_2020-3-16_2-46-12.png
    upload_2020-3-16_2-46-12.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 50
Never ran into this with any car, not sure what the answer is. Correct tire walls (Fstones, not VRC tyre) are there for the 2018 road version.
But when going into race session, selecting (red) softs, just defaults back to VRC red wall tyres. You can see the Firestone underneath on-track :D
But in showroom, yeah.

Is the tire in the kn5 to default back to VRC's?
zpvs.png

dl8n.jpg
wzqh.jpg

Last edited:
Never ran into this with any car, not sure what the answer is. Correct tire walls (Fstones, not VRC tyre) are there for the 2018 road version.
But when going into race session, selecting (red) softs, just defaults back to VRC red wall tyres. You can see the Firestone underneath on-track :D
But in showroom, yeah.

Is the tire in the kn5 to default back to VRC's?
zpvs.png

dl8n.jpg
wzqh.jpg
Make sure in your extensions folder you have replaced the textures shaders patch uses :)

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 25
Here's the the fix for Okutama's AI dam bridge crash problem, both forward and reverse layouts. The forward layout is a copy of what I upped preciously. I decided to put them both in the same package.

Okutama - new track limits imported to both fastlanes + AI hints for reverse layout.rar 4.1 MB
https://mega.nz/#!SxQyCKSS!SRSAsA9feYmjtKU1ldelUa7n9pikJiwnk1q5pJXpAXY

Many thanks to@Masscot and @RobertFlagg for the track testing

I'll be getting to these other less major problems that @Masscot told me about in a while:

Forward:
the left-hander before the right-hander over the bridge: lots of crashes into the wall as the cars carry too much speed into the left hander.
the tree-canopy run down to the tunnel. Lots of wall clipping and spinning and lots of crashes immediately before the tunnel.
Reverse:
The uphill windy tree canopy bit immediately after the tunnel: again, lots of wall clipping and spins.

I'll probably end up making some more AI hints to correct these issues.

Last edited:
The A3PP filter was my favorite before this arrived.

I compared them side by side and wow, the Blackcelica's filter wins hands down in all the weathers I usually use (clear, few clouds, scattered, broken, overcast). It's a bit too blueish (for my taste) by default, but a few clicks to the right on the colors whitebalance setting fixed that. I use 3 or 4 there now.

In addition I increased the black level compensation and brightness and slightly decreased contrast. Lighting nailed!!

Would it be a bother if I ask for a screenshot of you contrast, blacklvl compensation etc settings? I am using this filter right now and looking for some good settings :)

Last edited:
Would it be a bother if I ask for a screenshot of you contrast, blacklvl compensation etc settings? I am using this filter right now and looking for some good settings :)
I don't have access to my gaming rig right now, but I can give them in text.

NOTE!!! In my post further up I forgot to mention that I'm using Benq Motion Blur (strobing), which reduces monitor brightness significantly. So these settings will probably not be good for those with regular always-on displays (most LCD monitors). The takeaway here is to just play around with these settings until it looks good on your monitor.

Sol config app page 0:
blacklevel compensation: 25. Very high, but I had to put it that high otherwise some trees etc. still looked too dark. On a normal (non-strobed) LCD I would probably start on 5 and go from there.
colors whitebalance: 3. Use 0 and below if you want a more blue-ish tone and 1 and above if you want a warmer tone. For my eyes 0 was too blue-ish.

Sol config app page 1:
ppfilter brightness: 110. On a normal (non-strobed) LCD I would probably start on default 100 and go from there.
ppfilter contrast: 95. On a normal (non-strobed) LCD I would probably start on default 100 and go from there.

In summary: There aren't really any objectively "good" settings. It all depends on your monitor and your personal taste. All settings can be adjusted on the fly so it should be easy to see immediately what looks good to you. :)

Also, given that my monitor uses strobing I guess there is no point in me posting screenshots to show how good my game looks with these settings. Because that screenshot will probably look like **** on a normal (non-strobed) monitor. I.e. way too bright.

Last edited:
If you want to give it a try, this is a filter I made that I'm using for quite few months now:
BLM PP Filter

It comes as a MOD so you can enable/disable it via CM (it won't overwrite anything)
View attachment 900152

Select it under SETTINGS > ASSETTO CORSA > VIDEO > Post-Processing > Filter
View attachment 900151

Set Saturation to around 85%
Can I ask why it's done as a MOD and not the usual way that PP filters are installed/used?
Just curious about the reasoning, what advantages it brings etc.

NOTE!!! In my post further up I forgot to mention that I'm using Benq Motion Blur (strobing), which reduces monitor brightness significantly. So these settings will probably not be good for those with regular always-on displays (most LCD monitors). The takeaway here is to just play around with these settings until it looks good on your monitor.

Sol config app page 0:
blacklevel compensation: 25. Very high, but I had to put it that high otherwise some trees etc. still looked too dark. On a normal (non-strobed) LCD I would probably start on 5 and go from there.
colors whitebalance: 3. Use 0 and below if you want a more blue-ish tone and 1 and above if you want a warmer tone. For my eyes 0 was too blue-ish.

Sol config app page 1:
ppfilter brightness: 110. On a normal (non-strobed) LCD I would probably start on default 100 and go from there.
ppfilter contrast: 95. On a normal (non-strobed) LCD I would probably start on default 100 and go from there.

In summary: There aren't really any objectively "good" settings. It all depends on your monitor and your personal taste. All settings can be adjusted on the fly so it should be easy to see immediately what looks good to you. :)

Also, given that my monitor uses strobing I guess there is no point in me posting screenshots to show how good my game looks with these settings. Because that screenshot will probably look like **** on a normal (non-strobed) monitor. I.e. way too bright.

Have you altered the following?

upload_2020-3-16_12-52-27.png

Blackcelica has advised to activate all 4 points here but I think if these are activated, they are altered by SOL which is quite the opposite?

Can I ask why it's done as a MOD and not the usual way that PP filters are installed/used?
to be able to easily enable/disable/delete it not having to dig through the various folders.

Obviously you can manually install it taking the file from the MODS folder to the main AC folder

edit: @Masscot I forgot to tell you is also aimed at VR users because is less heavier on fps without losing quality

Last edited:
I always install everything as mods, including CSP, SOL, filters, cars, tracks etc.
Main benefit is that it's really simple to just remove the whole mod. It's also easier to update the mods. Just click Disable and the whole mod is removed from the install folder. Then you just update the files in the MODS folder and click Enable again. So that way you just need to update the files in one place instead of browsing under different folders in the install folder.
EDIT: Ooops, tree'd by Blamer.
Have you altered the following?

Blackcelica has advised to activate all 4 points here but I think if these are activated, they are altered by SOL which is quite the opposite?
I played around with those but couldn't see any difference. Will test some more, thanks!

Here are the blackcelica´s recommended settings (copied from RD):

Page 0 blacklevel compensation 30 (depends on your monitor) colourwhitebalance -2
Page 1 ppfilter modify all on
Page 5 sky blue preset 10, sky smog % 150
Page 6 cloud render 1 (3D)

Also, set ingame saturation to 85% (vanilla AC settings).

N.B.: sky smog is quite tarting, don´t know if that will be everybody´s darling but I like it.

Here are the blackcelica´s recommended settings (copied from RD):

Page 0 blacklevel compensation 30 (depends on your monitor) colourwhitebalance -2
Page 1 ppfilter modify all on
Page 5 sky blue preset 10, sky smog % 150
Page 6 cloud render 1 (3D)

Also, set ingame saturation to 85% (vanilla AC settings).

N.B.: sky smog is quite tarting, don´t know if that will be everybody´s darling but I like it.
Thanks, I'll test the sky preset and smog. :)
Haven't used 3D clouds yet because I'm worried it will affect fps too much. And colors whitebalance -2 is way too blue on my monitor.

Many thx for the great work !

Just minor thing here, the front tire seems not touching ground in showroom.

alright the v1.5 ver of the MC F1 LM
we fixed the gauges it took us so many hours just to find clear ones and crop them into the F1 LM project. The only part were its rough is in the fuel gauge part but otherwise its the same gauges as the Real F1 LM we also made a new skin for it kenneth did it for Unkowinindydriver otherwise known as Dragster666.
Edit if the gauges stay the same try the yellow skin.

View attachment 899971
View attachment 899972
some upcoming projects:
Bugatti EB110 it will include a Dauer carbon fiber version
View attachment 899973
SLS AMG Electric because why not?
View attachment 899974
And the XJ220S this one will be a tricky one to do.
View attachment 899975

Sol config app page 0:

Sol config app page 1:

Tried your settings with some of my personal adjustments and I like the effect :)
I do indeed like this filter more than A3PP now. It is more realistic

B67VBAr.png

btPdouC.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back