Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
This mad Hillman in Legion's site, is quite hard to drive but fun tho.

upload_2020-3-15_19-10-0.png

In these locked up indoor times of sim racing heaven, I reworked a car last night that was pretty fun. Thought I'd share it.
DTM/Group A Nissan Skyline GT-R R32
Suspension and car reworked not to feel like an understeering brick going down the track. BoP'd to run with Kunos early 90's touring group. BMW M30 GrA, Mercedes 190E, Alfa, throw that Sierra RS500 in there too if you have it. Fit really well in the AI mix.
Warning, extra skins but skins are LARGE files even after being compressed. I didn't make this car, you know who did, I only made it usable. Car has my tags and my brand that I use to group racing grids, you can change any of that. Have fun!
preview.jpg

|This is a car|

My guess is some of the skins are being applied to the lower LOD kn5's. Don't know how that happens...

Just delete or rename the ext_config.ini contained in the skin for the car you want to use, that reverts everything back to normal. Quicky fix until Legion fixes.

That seems to fix it, at least I haven't noticed any issues so far... just checked once I saw your post!

I dunno if you gents have tried this PP filter but I think it's absolutely the best one out there and I've tried a BUNCH of 'em...
With the latest version of SOL/CSP it's brilliant... Far better IMO than the A3PP filters (though the no chromatic one is a close second). Install is a snap. nothing is overwritten. check it out...

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...setto-corsa-realistic-looking-ppfilter.31291/
The A3PP filter was my favorite before this arrived.

I compared them side by side and wow, the Blackcelica's filter wins hands down in all the weathers I usually use (clear, few clouds, scattered, broken, overcast). It's a bit too blueish (for my taste) by default, but a few clicks to the right on the colors whitebalance setting fixed that. I use 3 or 4 there now.

In addition I increased the black level compensation and brightness and slightly decreased contrast. Lighting nailed!!

Last edited:

I compared them side by side and wow, this filter wins hands down in all the weathers I usually use (clear, few clouds, scattered, broken, overcast). It's a bit too blueish (for my taste) by default, but a few clicks to the right on the colors whitebalance setting fixed that. I use 3 or 4 there now.

In addition I increased the black level compensation and brightness and slightly decreased contrast. Lighting nailed!!
upload_2020-3-15_23-44-50.png

the difference is clear, Blackcelica's 2020 is much more realistic

I compared them side by side and wow, this filter wins hands down in all the weathers I usually use (clear, few clouds, scattered, broken, overcast). It's a bit too blueish (for my taste) by default, but a few clicks to the right on the colors whitebalance setting fixed that. I use 3 or 4 there now.

I'll give this a go - I tend to use the default Sol ones but I'm ready to be impressed.
Anything to do except install it and select it? What about the Sol presets that come bundled, do they need selecting somewhere?

I'll give this a go - I tend to use the default Sol ones but I'm ready to be impressed.
Anything to do except install it and select it? What about the Sol presets that come bundled, do they need selecting somewhere?
there is sol presets yes

Theres a million pp's out there obviously, the only way people are going to get the results of the author usually, is they have to have the same monitor brightness, contrast etc. Then in CM, saturation etc. And in SOL's config pp's brightness,contrast,black levels, warmth etc. To many variables.

SolACC tweaked and in SOL config, make it warm to remove the blue tint. Works for me.
f2a6.jpg

View attachment 900068
the difference is clear, Blackcelica's 2020 is much more realistic
Oooops, I'm not sure if you interpreted my post the way it was meant (or maybe I was unclear).
Just to be clear, when I said "this filter wins" I meant Blackcelica's. So we agree. :)

Last edited:
Me neither, tbh. I'm pretty sure it's sitting in my backlog though, so I'll let you know

Just took it for a spin. It's alright as it goes. Feels stable and quite fun to drive but the gearing is pretty short, even with 7 of them - then again it is a rally car so fair enough but it could do with being stretched a bit more. Also noticed the whole car has a kind of shine to it that looks a bit odd so I might do a config file for the skin and see if I can tone it down a bit. Otherwise it looks good to me ;) Glad I used some 4k logos as they came out nice and clear.

Which settings did you change on that PPFilter?

I'm writing fairly detailed here just to be sure. :)

The filter comes in a zip file called "assettocorsa.rar". Unpack it. You will have a folder called assettocorsa (not to be confused with your game install folder). Below it is a system folder. Copy that folder to your actual assetto corsa game folder.

Confused yet? :lol:

Example: Let's say you unpack the assettocorsa.rar (the mod) to c:\mods\
Let's say your game install folder is c:\games\assettocorsa

Now copy c:\mods\assettocorsa\system folder to c:\games\assettocorsa
It should not overwrite anything in your game folder's system folder.

Then start up CM. Go to Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Video. Under Post-Processing select "RTFX 2020 ACC" in the Filter dropdown.

Then go to Drive and select one of the SOL weather types. Now start the game.

Which settings did you change on that PPFilter?

EDIT: NOTE!!! I forgot to mention that I'm using Benq Motion Blur (strobing), which reduces monitor brightness significantly. So these settings will probably not be good for those with regular always-on displays (most LCD monitors).
The takeaway here is to just play around with these settings until it looks good on your monitor.

Open the Sol Config app in-game. Increase blacklevel compensation (value depends on your monitor). On mine the default (0) is way too dark. Then set colors whitebalance to 3. Again, this depends on your taste. 0 and below is blue-ish. Above 0 is warmer.
Then go to page 1 (at the bottom of the Sol Config app) and disable ppfilter load basic custom config (although I'm not quite sure if this is necessary). Then just play around with ppfilter brightness and ppfilter contrast until you are happy. I set them to 110 and 95 respectively. Overcast was a bit too dark on my monitor by default. 110 makes it look a bit more like a bright day.

(EDIT: Corrected spelling)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back