Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
VheEth's Cascavel

Here are some of the new changes:

fixed road physics, there were too many bumps by @frankalexandre ;
fixed kerbs, lower cars would sometimes get stuck on the outside part;
moved and scaled sausage kerbs, they were too close to the track and you could avoid them by going on the outside;
updated UI.

Screenshot_formula_4_brasil_vhe_cascavel_27-5-122-16-15-28.jpg

Hope you like it, have fun. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi, it seems with pure when you go downhill on a track, that the far horizon looks like the see: it is darker. I'd expect the far horizon to be gradually lighter.

1656359968408.png

VheEth's Cascavel 2.1

Here are some of the new changes:

fixed road physics, there were too many bumps by @frankalexandre ;
fixed kerbs, lower cars would sometimes get stuck on the outside part;
moved and scaled sausage kerbs, they were too close to the track and you could avoid them by going on the outside;
updated UI.

View attachment 1166484

Hope you like it, have fun. Cheers!
Why don't you update the latest version of the track? There's already a version 2.1 by VheEth.

And your update of velopark also seems to be based on version 2.0 of the track, but the latest version by VheEth is 2.1.

Hi MrDK, I didnt understand how to write in the discord, so I'm asking here, The carbon doors inside of the car reflects the outside road/curbs/etc. How do I fix that?
I don't realy know, this is a common problem in ac and idk how to solve it
If someone know contact me please

Why don't you update the latest version of the track? There's already a version 2.1 by VheEth.

And your update of velopark also seems to be based on version 2.0 of the track, but the latest version by VheEth is 2.1.
I had no idea

You need a cockpit_hr node in your model. All internal meshes plus the steer_hr node (not including internal glass) must be located in the cockpit_hr node. This is all explained in your car pipeline document, I know I keep bringing this up, but it is all explained in there. Give me a shout if you can't figure it out 👍

hi guys, just a headsup of a new release (which i don't think i saw posted here already):
it's a beauty but unfortunatly not optimized enough (not fluent gameplay in VR with this one), but for others this may not be an issue.

i just tried turning FSR on (having SPS on already) , and it can be used together (no crashes or other weirdness)
but even on Quality 50 (Performance) setting all FSR gains me is 3 % approx GPU usage , but the resulting image is horrible.
So I turned FSR off again.

View attachment 1166291

edit : have a good image quality when setting to Ultra Quality (77%) ... and this seems to aid in some way to have less 'spikes' in cpu and gpu performance graphs, so prob will prevent some microstutters...
Where is this fsr setting located? I can't find cm

Game crashes when rs model is set as competitor. There is no problem with the rsr model. can it be fixed?

Critical error:

Cannot find FUEL_INDICATOR target

Updated original link to new version. Not a ton of significant changes. More like some little tweaks here and there.

1.) Fixed the terrain split in the area in front of the leaderboard\clock. Lots of other ones still around, but you really have to be looking to see them.
2.) Added start\finish lights and flag lights in a few spots around the track (thanks @gunnar333 ). Would love to know if you think I should add more.
3.) Some object flickering fixes. One significant one is still present (the race control building), but there is a temporary fix if it bothers you. If you open up the ext_config file and scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a section named Hidden Objects. If you set 'Hides Old Race Control Building' to ACTIVE=1 and 'Hides New Race Control Building' to ACTIVE=0, it will replace the race control building with the one from Reboot Team's Lime Rock Park, which doesn't flicker. You might wonder why I don't just use that one instead. It's because I like the original building better and hope to solve the flicker problem eventually. I know what's wrong, but lack the knowledge to fix it.
4.) Added an ai_hints file to try and get the ai faster through the last turn. If the ai starts to get messy in that turn, just delete the file and things should go back to the way they were in previous track versions.

Probably did some other fixes, but these are the only ones worth mentioning. Open to any critiques or suggested improvements.

Last edited:
Updated original link to new version. Not a ton of significant changes. More like some little tweaks here and there.

1.) Fixed the terrain split in the area in front of the leaderboard\clock. Lots of other ones still around, but you really have to be looking to see them.
2.) Added start\finish lights and flag lights in a few spots around the track (thanks @gunnar333 ). Would l...

Probably did some other fixes, but these are the only ones worth mentioning. Open to any critiques or suggested improvements.
Your efforts on this track are much appreciated. I always loved the idea of the track and would drive it on rare occasion, but other than layout it didn't have much. Now, I frequent the track (usually in Group C cars) and have a riot. Can't win, but loving the action...

You need a cockpit_hr node in your model. All internal meshes plus the steer_hr node (not including internal glass) must be located in the cockpit_hr node. This is all explained in your car pipeline document, I know I keep bringing this up, but it is all explained in there. Give me a shout if you can't figure it out 👍
Thanks mate, apparently simpligone was repaired so I had the lods done so in any case I have to do it
But thanks for the suggestion

Game crashes when rs model is set as competitor. There is no problem with the rsr model. can it be fixed?

Critical error:

Cannot find FUEL_INDICATOR target
This is strange, I tried but there is not the same problem for me, is it with one of my skins or one made by you?

Your efforts on this track are much appreciated. I always loved the idea of the track and would drive it on rare occasion, but other than layout it didn't have much. Now, I frequent the track (usually in Group C cars) and have a riot. Can't win, but loving the action...
I could say the same thing to you. As happy as I am with how things have turned out so far in how the track looks, your ai is just a blast to race against. Being an offline racer, the tracks I frequent the most are the ones where the ai works reasonably well and I can get some competitive races. Honestly, i'm finishing bottom 10 most of the time against your ai, but enjoying every second of it.

Pessiogarage just dropped his latest creation on RD :D

View attachment 1166697
ninja'd by 2 days...

Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed 2004 Release

Download:

Comverted Forza Motorsport 4 By Peter Crill ,3d help/work by @norms
-Color Pack
-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Lods Norms
-Physics work Vr Driving
EXTRA A:Front Fog Ligths
EXTRA B:Rear Fog Ligths
Credits:
-General help ,3d help , settings help @norms
-Lods By norms
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help norms,@takum1,@Mascot,and others
Direct Download-https://www.mediafire.com/file/ljlzncdxm9akhe6/maz_rx8mazdaspeed_04_1.0.rar/file

View attachment 1165963View attachment 1165964View attachment 1165965View attachment 1165966
@petercrill could you have a look at the leather textures again? Most of them have the uv multiplier set to 40x where they should be 15-20x instead.

Last edited:
Hi, it seems with pure when you go downhill on a track, that the far horizon looks like the see: it is darker. I'd expect the far horizon to be gradually lighter.

View attachment 1166506
Who doesn't love the sea? ;)

Really cool race car. Loads of skins. Found whilst looking for something else.

It's not just a re skinned RX3 from bazza's TCL pack. Bit beefier.

View attachment 1166575View attachment 1166576

thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back