Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,907 comments
What are you using to drive the car? I didn't have such issues.
Don,t worry, it is not the car. It is the track. I just tried a handful of similar cars including VRC 2002 version. They are all the same on this circuit. Just drove on a Fat Alfie track and it cornered like on rails. By the way, thank you for putting all the effort you have into this mod for free and i like many others are very grateful. Damn, i have been following this forum for a couple of years now and have learnt a lot from most of the guys here but after having a bad day, i could no longer keep quiet about the winging and moaning a few contributors have to spew. Sorry, i will go back to just following for now. Anyway, thanks again

Don,t worry, it is not the car. It is the track. I just tried a handful of similar cars including VRC 2002 version. They are all the same on this circuit. Just drove on a Fat Alfie track and it cornered like on rails. By the way, thank you for putting all the effort you have into this mod for free and i like many others are very grateful. Damn, i have been following this forum for a couple of years now and have learnt a lot from most of the guys here but after having a bad day, i could no longer keep quiet about the winging and moaning a few contributors have to spew. Sorry, i will go back to just following for now. Anyway, thanks again
Berganzio is a good friend of mine on this site. Just curious what the differences were between what I experienced and him. Thanks for the compliment on my efforts.

Here are some of the latest releases/updates from D1ablO, more of his edits can be found in the private "Assetto Corsa Mod Central" group on Facebook, direct link to his posts: click me.

I haven't driven all of them yet and they don't aim to be perfectly realistic in terms of driving physics, but they're usually lots of fun for casual driving.

Abarth 595 Hellspec (Motorbike Engine Swap)
Download:
Google Drive
View attachment 1171489
Data replacement for the Abarth 595 to hide the driver head plus wipers shake added to ext_config.ini:

Skins:

I was meaning to release this soon as possible when i saw someone was working on the same car. I did think about abandoning it but I did to much work on it to just delete the car. More still can be done but I think it is a lot better than the original now and this is a list of what I did so far

Lancia Delta S4 Stradale
by unkown + FaB
v0.9

added external AO
added internal AO
added internal glass
added green skin
added mirrors to plastic AO
added CSP lights - reverse, turn signals etc
added particles to exhaust + flames (flames can be removed by editing ext_config.ini if desired)
made cockpit_hr
made set of LODs with low-res cockpit
animated wipers
adjusted many shaders for more natural look
applied material texture to seats
accurate engine power and curve
improved gauge textures a little
better collider
fix mapping on internal door body and more places
migliorare alcuni dettagli della trama
abilitato tutti i quadranti con temperatura olio CSP e altro ancora
orologio analogico funzionante sul cruscotto
corretta precisione dell'ago RPM
l'auto è verniciabile in CM Paint Shop

e molto altro ancora che non è stato registrato!

Mi piacerebbe finire più cose come targhe e più funzioni csp ma non so se ne varrà la pena. Se vengono rilevati bug, sono felice di risolverli, fammelo sapere

View attachment 1171535

View attachment 1171536

Really great work! I hop you will continue with it! :)

I'm getting holographic reflections on all the glass now in VR - anyone else?
No VR here, I can´t see any holographic reflections, sorry.
You can get rid of these reflections, imo by commenting out the code, as I have already done here.
Look at this from line 200:
INI:
;[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
;ACTIVE=1
;DESCRIPTION= glass corrected shader settings
;MATERIALS= $Glass__track
;SHADER= ksPerPixelSimpleRefl
;BLEND_MODE= ALPHA_BLEND
;CAST_SHADOWS = 1
;CULL_MODE= OFF
;IS_TRANSPARENT = 0
;;DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
;SEMITRANSPARENT_SHADOWS = 1
;PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.225
;PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.175
;PROP_... = ksSpecular, 0.50
;PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 150
;PROP_... = ksEmissive, 0
;PROP_... = fresnelC, 0.25
;PROP_... = fresnelEXP, 500
;PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.6
;PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, 0.5
;
;[LOCAL_CUBEMAP_...]
;ACTIVE=1
;MESHES = material:$Glass__track, pitbldg_01_SUB5, pitbldg_01_SUB10,
;POSITION = 100, 1, 10
;OFFSET = 0, 0, 0
;EXCLUDE = material:$Glass__track, pitbldg_01_SUB5, pitbldg_01_SUB10,
;CLIP_PLANE_NEAR = 2
;HIGH_RESOLUTION = 0
;LOW_RESOLUTION = 0
;IS_DYNAMIC = 0
;DYNAMIC_FAST = 0
;STATIC_FACES = TOP, LEFT, REAR, BOTTOM
;INCLUDE_SKY = 1
;INCLUDE_CARS = 0
;DYNAMIC_LIGHTING = 0
;DEBUG = 0
;DEBUG_CLEAR = 0

Last edited:
Fixed again, this time I had to remove the balloons. New version given 2.01, please re-download.

Win10Pro defender: no issues this time, thanks.

As accurate a GPL version gets. I dont have data of banking stuff. But the new version will have a new roadmesh.
Thank you - I did some digging, to see if maybe there's some info on the GPL version.

And there is, though surprisingly recent!

These guys basically corrected a bit of elevation on the iconic Stadium jump, narrowed the run to the hairpin and the section from Griego to Vias.

They published this on Oct 31, 2020 - I noticed your 1.01 version is from March 2020.

Have you changed this as well in this 2.01 version?

Edit: On looking further, I'm not sure there were two jumps. Cameras didn't pan from the S/F straight, and the hairpin cam always shown just "a" jump, close to the hairpin itself.

Last edited:
I was going to wait, but I couldn't stand it being empty. Would this work for most people until I can teach myself how to make a .lua file to display what should be on this display board?

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_ks_vallelunga_11-6-122-16-35-51.jpg

Anyway to adjust the beam width in config.ini?

Attachments

• Screenshot_jgtc300_mooncraft_shiden_ks_red_bull_ring_11-6-122-18-46-29.png
    Screenshot_jgtc300_mooncraft_shiden_ks_red_bull_ring_11-6-122-18-46-29.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 14
Hey all! Longtime lurker, first-time commenting here. Want to share what I've figured out in case anyone else is having the same issue I was.

While racing some Can-Am cars around historic Laguna Seca, I was having issues with cars launching themselves off of the embankment at the Corkscrew. Tried adding AI Hints and sidelines to no avail. I noticed that the only cars doing this were the McLaren Elva and Chapparal 2e from Legion. Turns out the STEER_GAIN value in the AI config for the car was set at 3.75. I set it to 2.20, similar to what it is in aphidgod's Lola T70 and the problem instantly went away.

Has anyone tried these from 1ST Studio Racing? they sell for R$ 15 about U$ 2.85 each and I wonder if they are worth the price?
They seem converted from AMS1/2 ? I am a big sucker for these Volks, but still on the fence to buy them.
1st studio 1.png
1st studio 2.png
1st studio 3.png
1st studio 4.png

Last edited:
Putting these here for now. Eventually they will end up on RD.

Update of the Vallelunga mod I posted on RD this afternoon, but this adds lap number and time of day on the display board. Not what should be there, but at least it's something for now.

KS_Vallelunga mod v0.98

First draft of my Mugello mod that does the same thing as the Vallelunga one. Working flag lights and display boards (again, not accurate). A couple of vegetation and ad board skins, but they are not very good right now. There are better ones out there, but you can try them out. Maybe you'll like them better than I do.

Mugello mod v0.98

You need CSP for both of these...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried these from 1ST Studio Racing? they sell for R$ 15 about U$ 2.85 each and I wonder if they are worth the price?
They seem converted from AMS1/2 ? I am a big sucker for these Volks, but still on the fence to buy them.
View attachment 1171728View attachment 1171729View attachment 1171730View attachment 1171731
1ST Studio Racing seems also to have free mods, according to some members here. Try these first, if it is below your level of quality, then you know you should not buy them.

This advice I can recommend for everyone when going for an paid track or car, to much bad made paywall mods on the web.

Last edited:
Putting these here for now. Eventually they will end up on RD.

Update of the Vallelunga mod I posted on RD this afternoon, but this adds lap number and time of day on the display board. Not what should be there, but at least it's something for now.

KS_Vallelunga mod v0.98

First draft of my Mugello mod that does the same thing as the Vallelunga one. Working flag lights and display boards (again, not accurate). A couple of vegetation and ad board skins, but they are not very good right now. There are better ones out there, but you can try them out. Maybe you'll like them better than I do.

Mugello mod v0.98

You need CSP for both of these...
Thanks for the config, Mugello needed an update long ago.

Hey,

I am pitman, founder and one of the admins of THR - THRacing.

Discord_Icon_200.png

THR is a community of passionate fuelheads, gentleman drivers, SimRacing enthusiasts who love to race raw, vintage cars. We mostly race in Assetto Corsa. The heart of THR is the GPL Mod for AC (1967 F1 cars), that we regularly race in different championships. Besides that we race all types of F1, touring and GT cars from the most iconic eras of racing history.

In the past years we held over 150 events and many different championships.
This year we raced Bazza´s F1 1975 Mod.
While planning the championship, I stumbled over rmi-wood´s Silverstone 1975. I liked the flow of the track, but it feels like it needed some more 'life'.

Therefore I made a THR layout with the following improvements:
  • pitboxes added
  • starting positions aligned to track
  • realistic road mesh
  • sticky fences fixed
  • shortcuts closed
  • 3d people added in the pits
  • spectators added to the stands
You need to install rmi_wood´s base track and can simply drag the THR layout file into Content Manager.

Silverstone75_small.jpg

THR´s championship race took place on the first of May and our drivers liked the improved track a lot.

I would like to thank rmi_wood for his track and his great work that I could use as a base!
And I also want to thank him for the permission to upload my THR layout to RD!

To all who download and install the track and my track layout >>>
I wish a lot of fun and awesome races!

Your
THR pitman

P.S.: I have also made improvements to other vintage tracks. When I get permission from the modders I will publish them too.

P.P.S.: A small donation would be very cool, to keep vintage racing at THR running.

Credits:
@RMi_wood for the base track and the permission
@Sergio Loro for the people and spectators

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/improved-layout-to-rmi_wood´s-silverstone-1975.52348/

Hey,

I am pitman, founder and one of the admins of THR - THRacing.

Discord_Icon_200.png

THR is a community of passionate fuelheads, gentleman drivers, SimRacing enthusiasts who love to race raw, vintage cars. We mostly race in Assetto Corsa. The heart of THR is the GPL Mod for AC (1967 F1 cars), that we regularly race in different championships. Besides that we race all types of F1, touring and GT cars from the most iconic eras of racing history.

In the past years we held over 150 events and many different championships.
This year we raced Bazza´s F1 1975 Mod.
While planning the championship, I stumbled over rmi-wood´s Silverstone 1975. I liked the flow of the track, but it feels like it needed some more 'life'.

Therefore I made a THR layout with the following improvements:
  • pitboxes added
  • starting positions aligned to track
  • realistic road mesh
  • sticky fences fixed
  • shortcuts closed
  • 3d people added in the pits
  • spectators added to the stands
You need to install rmi_wood´s base track and can simply drag the THR layout file into Content Manager.

Silverstone75_small.jpg

THR´s championship race took place on the first of May and our drivers liked the improved track a lot.

I would like to thank rmi_wood for his track and his great work that I could use as a base!
And I also want to thank him for the permission to upload my THR layout to RD!

To all who download and install the track and my track layout >>>
I wish a lot of fun and awesome races!

Your
THR pitman

P.S.: I have also made improvements to other vintage tracks. When I get permission from the modders I will publish them too.

P.P.S.: A small donation would be very cool, to keep vintage racing at THR running.

Credits:
@RMi_wood for the base track and the permission
@Sergio Loro for the people and spectators

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/improved-layout-to-rmi_wood´s-silverstone-1975.52348/

Is it possible to join your league and, if so, how would we go about doing so?
I've seen a lot of posts from people on various forums asking what leagues are out there to join, and vintage racing seems like something a little different.

View attachment 1171728View attachment 1171729View attachment 1171730View attachment 1171731
I have all of those, got them the other day.

All worth the money IMO, but be aware data is encrypted so any personal tweaks are not possible which did annoy me a tad.
Also lacking skins, although you can bend automobilista skins onto the Gol

Screenshot_fsr_gol_brasil_autodromo_di_franciacorta_24-5-122-20-44-4.jpg

They all look really nice even on track. Beetle is great fun.

Last edited:
Is it possible to join your league and, if so, how would we go about doing so?
I've seen a lot of posts from people on various forums asking what leagues are out there to join, and vintage racing seems like something a little different.

Sure, you are welcome.

Our website is https://tracing.de and our main communication happens in https://discord.me/thracing

See you on track!

Following on from this, if you think they are expensive then look at this.

504-3.jpg

£25.
Really tempted as I just like the look of it.
But having a go at bodging my own one...

__custom_showroom_1657565767.jpg

Thank you - I did some digging, to see if maybe there's some info on the GPL version.

And there is, though surprisingly recent!

These guys basically corrected a bit of elevation on the iconic Stadium jump, narrowed the run to the hairpin and the section from Griego to Vias.

They published this on Oct 31, 2020 - I noticed your 1.01 version is from March 2020.

Have you changed this as well in this 2.01 version?

Edit: On looking further, I'm not sure there were two jumps. Cameras didn't pan from the S/F straight, and the hairpin cam always shown just "a" jump, close to the hairpin itself.
My version is a conversion of the rF track. I think it´s more the old 2007 track then the new 2020. I did not know that one until now.

Fixed again, this time I had to remove the balloons. New version given 2.01, please re-download.

I also want to add some background to rainmakers Montjuich 2.0.

While planning our F1 75 championship I tested Montjuich 75.
I liked the flow and the track itself, but the track mesh was not good (sorry rainmaker ;-) ).

So I started to improve it.
I fixed some issues and applied a ´more realistic´ road mesh to it.
To fit our communities needs I also raised the number of pitboxes to 34.

We raced the track in our F1 75 championship a month ago and our drivers liked the improvements very much.

I talked to rainmaker and planned to release my version after my vacation.
But I was not aware that DaBaeda made another version.

Cause he was faster with his publication rainmaker decided to put his original version and my and DaBaeda´s version together.

I hope you all enjoy the improved version!

THR pitman
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/pitman.129379/

P.S.: Many thanks to rainmaker for the permission to improve the track.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back