Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,058 comments
general ffb in car.ini
suspension geo in suspensions.ini

and if you use cphys then SAT can be tinkered with in tyres.ini

are you editing the suspensions.ini file directly (particularly [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]) or just using cm showroom to make the changes?
Thanks for the reply @Short_Circut ,

I always edit the suspensions.ini directly, making changes to the numbers, and watching the effect it has on the car in the showroom display. I normally only play with the wheelbase and CG locations. I've never touched the graphic offsets, frankly I've never had to. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again.

I'm going to be releasing one last update to my VIR mod in the not too distant future but i'm wondering if I should do it like some of my recent mods, as a standalone track. My past versions were all setup to be used as an addon to the original. So standalone track or addon?

I really hate to keep doing these as standalones because I feel like i'm stepping over the line. I try to make it clear on all of these that all credit for the tracks go to the original track maker, but I still feel uncomfortable about it for some reason.

Ever since first posting some excellent track skins, you've been very modest and I don't think anyone would mistake that, but probably reach out to the track's author Darren Blythe on that one and check with him.

Thanks for the great looking Longford updates and the AI - that last corner causes very similar issues to Mulsanne corner at Le Mans; long straight into 90 degrees the AI either seems to stop well before or not bother braking at all. Not tried them out yet, but certainly will when I get a chance.

Last edited:
Not sure if it'll help you but have you got Fake Shadows FX active?

View attachment 1223946

Shadows look OK to me.

View attachment 1223947
The car in your image seems to be itself in shadow, so its own shadow won't be relatively strong.
What does it look like in direct sun?

@Fall Guy was this of any help?
Don't know if it helped @Fall Guy , but it sure helped me. That's been bugging me for so long now. The cars get about 4 car lengths ahead and all of a sudden the shadow under there car would disappear. Disabling Fake Shadows seems to have fixed it.
Ever since first posting some excellent track skins, you've been very modest and I don't think anyone would mistake that, but probably reach out to the track's author Darren Blythe on that one and check with him.

Thanks for the great looking Longford updates and the AI - that last corner causes very similar issues to Mulsanne corner at Le Mans; long straight into 90 degrees the AI either seems to stop well before or not bother braking at all. Not tried them out yet, but certainly will when I get a chance.
I tried to fix that last corner in so many ways and just couldn't get the ai to quit coming to a complete stop right there. I even tried the track's original ai and it does the same thing. I finally gave up on it for the time being and released the track with that one ai problem. I don't know why it happens. I've re-recorded the line so many times making sure I did not stop or brake hard in that area and the ai simply won't stop doing what you describe no matter what I do. Maybe there is an ai expert here who knows a way to get them to glide through that turn better.

Guys can you Tell me please - is the CPU or GPU More responsible for SOLs 3D clouds?

Yesterday i tried the SKY ppfilter SOL Version which comes with a SOL preset which includes 3d clouds.

Earlier i used 2d clouds.

Now with the Filter and his Settings the Game looks brilliant but my FPS are lierally killed!

I lost about 30 fps or more….

At some points only 45fps with a rtx3080 is wild (noVR)

Guys can you Tell me please - is the CPU or GPU More responsible for SOLs 3D clouds?

Yesterday i tried the SKY ppfilter SOL Version which comes with a SOL preset which includes 3d clouds.

Now with the Filter and his Settings the Game looks brilliant but my FPS are lierally killed!

3d clouds are realy heavy, esp. in Sol. Sol has a not so good code base. But you can switch back to 2d clouds. Just set "clouds render method" in Sol Config app ingame.

Last edited:
Maybe try to change the lumirank to a different one, like 24hrs or WEC style? What happens then? Is that the 2019 crsh 911 GT3 R?
that's correct, crsh 911. but this happens with other cars with lumirank. 24h is already set.
would you be so kind to tell me, do you have the same picture or you have properly lit lumirank?

3d clouds are realy heavy, esp. in Sol. Sol has a not so good code base. But you can switch back to 2d clouds. Just set "clouds render method" in Sol Config app ingame.
Yeah but do i only loose the "clouds look" or do i loose some better overall lightning caused by the 3D clouds :confused:

Thanks for the reply @Short_Circut ,

I always edit the suspensions.ini directly, making changes to the numbers, and watching the effect it has on the car in the showroom display. I normally only play with the wheelbase and CG locations. I've never touched the graphic offsets, frankly I've never had to. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again.
yeah, wheelbase will move the wheels longitudinally (bringing front/rear close together or farther apart).

moving the wheel on x-axis either by adjusting track or by graphics offset

also keep in mind the showroom positioning is not always the same as in game (for instance, you can bork the tie rod and in showroom it may look fine but in game the wheels will likely collapse)

Porsche Cayman R 2012 Release
Free Download
Comverted From Forza Motorsport 4 By Peter Crill
AO inside and out done
-Dashboard wip-CSP Settings
-Physics BY VRDRIVING -Working Wipers
-Self Ligth
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@takum1,@Mascot,and others
EXTRA A =FOG FRONT
EXTRA C =HIDE FRONT PLATE

Other mods

View attachment 1223589
Amazing work. Thanks !
Is it possible to have silver rims?

Oh, very helpful, thanks a lot for helping out!
What was wrong (asking to increase my learning curve)?
:bowdown:
The AIs gears were wrong the UP value was higher than the cars RPM range.

For example - If you look into the cars engine.ini file in the data folder and see under [ENGINE_DATA] LIMTER=5900, but the AIs gears are higher in the ai.ini under [GEARS] and say the RPM is UP=6900 the car won't move because the AI wants to shift at 6900 RPM, not at 5900.

Make sure to lower the RPMs than the limiter, otherwise the AI is just going to keep shifting at the limit and you can hear it keep bouncing off the wall and making an annoying sound every time it shifts. So make sure to lower the RPM range of the AI when that happens. Personally I would put somewhere like 5800 or 5750, it depends on the car sometimes. I had to do the same thing with the Ford GT GT1 and now the AIs moving, although it's making that annoying wall bang sound like I said, so yeah.

- Hope this don't sound too confusing...

Does anyone know how this works?

I didn't get the point Number 6...

Did anyone test it with CSP 1.80.p115?

yeah, wheelbase will move the wheels longitudinally (bringing front/rear close together or farther apart).

moving the wheel on x-axis either by adjusting track or by graphics offset

also keep in mind the showroom positioning is not always the same as in game (for instance, you can bork the tie rod and in showroom it may look fine but in game the wheels will likely collapse)
Well, it didn't work - but I had fun discovering a new set of variables to play with. It turned out the doner car I'd started with was borked. I started over from scratch, and all is fine now. Thanks again for your help :)

I have an 11 year old PC at the moment (and it wasn't even top of the line then) and for me, 3d clouds or 2d clouds barely makes a difference in performance at all. Certainly shouldn't cost 30 fps! The difference between different filters is also tiny. Maybe 1-4 fps between the ones said to be lighter (like Natural) and those said to be heavy hitters (like Exquisite). Now, no filter vs filter makes a very noticeable difference. But the choice of filter? Pretty much a matter of preference on my PC.

For this to kill your fps this way, I suspect the culprit aren't settings that have to do with SOL or the filter. SKY comes with a preset for CM and CSP which crank up details! ExtraFX, etc. If you used those, they're probably what destroyed your fps. Not SOL, not the filter. I would check there first.

If you scroll down on the various CSP plug-in pages, there's a Reset button that appears if changes have been made. It gives you back default settings. You may want to start with that, see if things improve. Then go through it yourself and crank up details as you see fit. Good luck!

I have an 11 year old PC at the moment (and it wasn't even top of the line then) and for me, 3d clouds or 2d clouds barely makes a difference in performance at all. Certainly shouldn't cost 30 fps! The difference between different filters is also tiny. Maybe 1-4 fps between the ones said to be lighter (like Natural) and those said to be heavy hitters (like Exquisite). Now, no filter vs filter makes a very noticeable difference. But the choice of filter? Pretty much a matter of preference on my PC.

For this to kill your fps this way, I suspect the culprit aren't settings that have to do with SOL or the filter. SKY comes with a preset for CM and CSP which crank up details! ExtraFX, etc. If you used those, they're probably what destroyed your fps. Not SOL, not the filter. I would check there first.

If you scroll down on the various CSP plug-in pages, there's a Reset button that appears if changes have been made. It gives you back default settings. You may want to start with that, see if things improve. Then go through it yourself and crank up details as you see fit. Good luck!
I have to disagree a bit. I am familiar with CSP stuff and have running almost everything on within extra.fx and other stuff. I had already good results with a RTX 2070s and the RTX 3080 even made things obviously much better. However my CPU is already 4y old (Ryzen 2700x) and is bottelnecking for sure. But its ok for me running stuff at 90fps even i could run it much higher with a modern cpu.

I have tried various filters, csp configs and other stuff but never experience those performance hit like with the SKY filter including SOL.ini

Now i solved it and can live with the results. Switched back to 2d clouds and reduced SOLs rendering distance and rendering quality to 150% (config came with 195% each). If you belive me or not, just these 3 options brought back about 25fps.

PS: Another question at this point: Is CSP motion blur also "expensive" ?

Last edited:
that's correct, crsh 911. but this happens with other cars with lumirank. 24h is already set.
would you be so kind to tell me, do you have the same picture or you have properly lit lumirank?
Sorry, no issues here with the Porsche
Screenshot_crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance_ruapuna_park2012_19-0-123-22-44-1.png

Anyone here know anything about doing VAO patches? I think I may have been naming some things incorrectly.

Does the vao patch get named after the track .kn5 file name or the track's folder name? And should the track folder name match the main track .kn5 file name?

I have a question regarding the track lighting along the tri-oval on Reboot Team's Daytona Road Course. Is it just my setup or is it really dark along that section of track during the night hours. I was watching some videos of past Rolex 24 and that tri-oval, pit area is pretty well lit up at night and was wondering if its the track or my configuration that makes it so dark?

20230119-165322-rt_daytona-rollovers_cadillac_dpivr.jpg

I have a question regarding the track lighting along the tri-oval on Reboot Team's Daytona Road Course. Is it just my setup or is it really dark along that section of track during the night hours. I was watching some videos of past Rolex 24 and that tri-oval, pit area is pretty well lit up at night and was wondering if its the track or my configuration that makes it so dark?

View attachment 1224189
it's dark because as far as i remember there's no light, but the level of darkness is also due to the ppfilter you use (and/or) (if present in the config) the LIGHT POLLUTION settings

Anyone here know anything about doing VAO patches? I think I may have been naming some things incorrectly.

Does the vao patch get named after the track .kn5 file name or the track's folder name? And should the track folder name match the main track .kn5 file name?
you can have if done on the .kn5

trackname.vao-patch

or if done on the models.ini

models.vao-patch

View attachment 1224189
This is the 'darkest' part I could find.
I do remember we sometimes had issues with track lighting in the test phase, but now it should be clear enough to even drive without lights (as in my picture).
NIght, with SOL few clouds and sol_extra filter.
Must be some setting since your sky is also very dark.

rt_daytona_night.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back