Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,525 comments
[WIP] 1996 SKIN for Melbourne2019 by ACU (upd. by patrickpat and Sliderman)

It's always hard to adapt billboards but I try do my best with a nice result.
I'm not able to create new extension as Pyyer. Only I overwrite the existing textures.

Imola 1996 skin for RMI 1995-2005 is done and you can find it on Breathe's list.

View attachment 1281864
View attachment 1281977
View attachment 1281978
View attachment 1281979
View attachment 1281981
View attachment 1281982
NICE! I was thinking about doing 1996/97 broadcast cams for acu_melbourne, as I was gonna drive Hill's Arrows on it. This will be perfect.

Last edited:
Nothing happens also with CTRL+C

edit: car automatically use R gear

I'm on a starting line.
Sometimes it happens :boggled:

@DaWallace The gillett vertigo does something strange at the start. In practice, as soon as I start a race session, the car doesn't place itself on the starting grid normally but as soon as it touches the ground, it flies into the air like a reaction spring. Sometimes he lands like a cat, sometimes he mimics Guido from Cars. I don't know if it's a physics bug, but I wanted to let you know. Well, I don't deny that everything happens to me at the start... :(

1692708771933.png

NICE! I was thinking about doing 1996/97 broadcast cams for acu_melbourne, as I was gonna drive Hill's Arrows on it. This will be perfect.
Ahh I don't feel the need to add any TV cams here, as the included camera_8 does the job brilliantly. :D

another day another random issue, i have a feint green box that appears on my screen, first noticed it in the game and realised that it is not game related i can see it on a white background on my desktop. Does anyone know what this could be? it only appeared today i have updated my graphics drivers to no effect.

i also would love to take a pic and show you but i can't seem to get it to show in a picture.

anyone had this issue before?

Last edited:
Have tried the 4K Version and I noticed it too. Also noticed some huge anomalies on the tracks surface, easier noticable when watching replays than when driving (for example at the "Adenauer Forst" corner). Don't know if it's the same with the 8K version though
Running 8K version here with the treeFX from RD (20K trees) and the trees are correct on my end BUT I do have the "shinier/weird" tarmac at some places...

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_nordschleife_22-7-123-16-53-26.png
    Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_nordschleife_22-7-123-16-53-26.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 17
EDIT: can I make you a request? Can someone create a camera facing to have people in the stands? Thanks in advance!!! 😇
I threw one together for you, but it's not complete. There are a couple of grandstands that crowds don't seem to work right on because the seats are not a separate mesh, or I just don't know how to do it right. When placed on the stands, they hang over the edges. For those, i'd have to make a new kn5 file with a transparent mesh to place the people on where the seats are. You can try it if you want. At least most of the stands have people. Let me know if there are too many people or not enough.

Hopefully I used the right version of the track to make this. I forgot how cool this track is. Going to have to turn some laps on it tonight.

Attachments

• camera_facing.zip
    440 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:
Anyone know if they have this issue with the Sol Planner?

I try to set the weather to "Windy" before starting the event, but if I ever exit out to switch to a different car, it always reverts back to default, meaning I'd have to set it up on Windy again. Anyone know what's going on?

Pure 0.190, CSP 1.80preview346.

I threw one together for you, but it's not complete. There are a couple of grandstands that crowds don't seem to work right on because the seats are not a separate mesh, or I just don't know how to do it right. When placed on the stands, they hang over the edges. For those, i'd have to make a new kn5 file with a transparent mesh to place the people on where the seats are. You can try it if you want. At least most of the stands have people. Let me know if there are too many people or not enough.

Hopefully I used the right version of the track to make this. I forgot how cool this track is. Going to have to turn some laps on it tonight.
@JV82

Better version. This one adds crowds to the main grandstand on the front stretch, but still leaves some empty until I get a chance to do all of them. I think it will hold you over until I can do this properly. Shouldn't take long. Be advised, it adds a new kn5 file to the track and alters the models.ini file. I included the original to easily revert back.

Attachments

• melbourne_2019_people.zip
    124.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
It's not the first time it has happened, people have been using our work from GTL/GTR2/rF1 since the day AC released, plenty of my stuff (the F1 1965 mod just to name one) was stolen and sold by SimDream and/or other scammers and claimed as theirs, Bazza has used (some, not much) stuff of mine and of other people as well in the past and the list goes on. I don't mind Bazza that much, he and Donnie (goes by SmallBlockHero, don't know if he's still active) used to be part of our various communities many years ago and they've been very open about where they source their stuff from, Rainmaker from this very same forum is another one that was around at the time as well and I remember him well; it's everybody else that should just walk off of a cliff.

In any case, this is the original full package of liveries that I made for the short nose version of the D-Type, covering the complete WSC history of the car, from 1954 to 1958. Given that some seem to be missing, might as well add them all and make a comprehensive package.

You really must think that people are stupid. It is fairly obvious that whoever this "Velo" person is, acted in bad faith as in order to bring this car to AC they had to:
-Find the website
-Register an account because visitors can't see anything otherwise (and thus can't even search for anything like "D-Type")
-Find the mod
-Not spend even just 5 seconds to at least copy & paste the names of the original creators (myself and MG421982)

The original mod was only released on one (1) forum, unless you knew it existed, you wouldn't have known where to even start looking for it. Meaning, this sorry excuse of a "modder" Velo deliberately chose not to include any mention of this mod being a conversion stolen from us, even though it would've been fine to just credit us otherwise.

Because even by giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming that this Velo person went the long way around and somehow got his hands on the original raw assets from Simraceway, they still have had to complete the steps above to find my skins because they had not been released anywhere else. And in the same place where he found those, he also had to scroll past our names to get to the download link.

This is not at all like casually browsing Reddit or Telegram and clicking on random download links with little to no information as to who made what. If you download the skins from my Mega link above, you will find a .txt file paired to each skin indicating not just which race/year it competed in, but also contain my own name next to it. Which is just another example of doing it in bad faith.

I don't care what you do with my work in the sense that it's out of my hands the moment I release it and that goes for everybody making mods. But it's just sad and disrespectful to see your name being erased from your own work and for no good reason other than perhaps trying to hide where you got the stuff from and pass it off as your own.

All in all, that's all I've got to say. Have a pleasant day.
Having reviewed the comments about me 'stealing' the Jaguar 'D' Type from GTR2 I would like to inform the ill informed that no theft took place. The mod was already converted from GTR2 to AC and partially worked on when it was passed onto me by a very prominent modder. I was asked to finish the car. I hade no idea of its origins at the time. I later learned it was a GTR2 car, but confess I was negligent in never following up on the credits of those concerned for it's original creation. Five or six years ago mod piracy was at it's peak and no-one took much notice to adding credits where due. I have just joined GT Planet today to apologize to ChaosZeroJK for using his skins without permission.
I do find it hypocritical that some of those on GT Planet take shots at me on a regular basis and willingly and without question support those that 'rework','update' or by any other name NEVER contact me for permission on mods that i have spent hours working on. I might not be or ever have been the 'best' modder out there but I am sure that my contribution to the AC community has been very consistent over the years. I do not expect any thanks for my efforts especially from GT Planet. I wish to apologize for transgressions re credits, even though this one was not primarily of my doing. I have updated the skin files on my website with the credits to ChaosZero within the skin folder.
I hope this is the end of the matter, but if there are further credits required please let me know.

Having reviewed the comments about me 'stealing' the Jaguar 'D' Type from GTR2 I would like to inform the ill informed that no theft took place. The mod was already converted from GTR2 to AC and partially worked on when it was passed onto me by a very prominent modder. I was asked to finish the car. I hade no idea of its origins at the time. I later learned it was a GTR2 car, but confess I was negligent in never following up on the credits of those concerned for it's original creation. Five or six years ago mod piracy was at it's peak and no-one took much notice to adding credits where due. I have just joined GT Planet today to apologize to ChaosZeroJK for using his skins without permission.
I do find it hypocritical that some of those on GT Planet take shots at me on a regular basis and willingly and without question support those that 'rework','update' or by any other name NEVER contact me for permission on mods that i have spent hours working on. I might not be or ever have been the 'best' modder out there but I am sure that my contribution to the AC community has been very consistent over the years. I do not expect any thanks for my efforts especially from GT Planet. I wish to apologize for transgressions re credits, even though this one was not primarily of my doing. I have updated the skin files on my website with the credits to ChaosZero within the skin folder.
I hope this is the end of the matter, but if there are further credits required please let me know.
Hey Velo (Paul)!
Firstly, welcome to GTP (sorry it is for all the wrong reasons). I will offer my apology for not asking you for permission directly (I was not aware you could be contacted and stupid me is joind already on your FB without realization).

Please feel free to include my additions to any update for the Jag's. (I also just did the physics and extension for the _mt version, unreleased, if you are interested)

cheers!

@JV82

Better version. This one adds crowds to the main grandstand on the front stretch, but still leaves some empty until I get a chance to do all of them. I think it will hold you over until I can do this properly. Shouldn't take long. Be advised, it adds a new kn5 file to the track and alters the models.ini file. I included the original to easily revert back.
Great! Much better! Finally we are no longer alone when we run! I always hated empty stands!
Thank You for you work!

@Breathe don't miss this fix for the excel file

Last edited:
Hey Velo (Paul)!
Firstly, welcome to GTP (sorry it is for all the wrong reasons). I will offer my apology for not asking you for permission directly (I was not aware you could be contacted and stupid me is joind already on your FB without realization).

Please feel free to include my additions to any update for the Jag's. (I also just did the physics and extension for the _mt version, unreleased, if you are interested)

cheers!
No problem. My comments were not specifically aimed at you. Yes , sure. You could post the update link here for the _mt version

I've got an odd problem with bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc. I seem to have exhaust pipes sticking vertically out of the doors. What's odd is that I don't see these in the CM Showroom.

In game:
1692767154084.png

CM Showroom:
1692767261980.png

Is there a fix for this? Or possibly a more recent version?

F1 1996 IMOLA TRACKSKIN BY JV82
For Imola 2001 by RMi_wood

I would like to re-share this my skin, now on RD.

@Breathe if you want to update the link please use this new one.

A great season is coming back...

Thanks

JV82

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-1996-imola-trackskin-by-jv82.63119/

View attachment 1282146 View attachment 1282147
View attachment 1282148 View attachment 1282149
View attachment 1282150 View attachment 1282151
View attachment 1282152 View attachment 1282153
View attachment 1282154 View attachment 1282155
direct link for Imola 2001 (1995-2005)

No need to edit the driver3d.ini. A simple driver replacement with ext_config.ini should do the trick too.
Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME = driver_sabineOG
Untested tho!
BUT I do have the "shinier/weird" tarmac at some places...
I have both versions (4k and 8k) installed myself too. And because of those messy textures Ive made some changes to the textures to fix it. Problem now, since both versions are patreoned I cant share'em public.

Watch the replay of my test run with DaWallace Z4 and tell me if those textures would be more to your liking:

I am releasing middle-up 90's 24h LM skins on RD for those who are interested in fill their grids
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/marcos-lm600-gt2-1997-le-mans-24h-skins.63121/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-mans-1997-pilot-racing-4-skin-for-f333sp.59517/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-gt1-993-1997-le-mans-24h-skins.63120/

If someone else is interested in working on it, I'm very busy these days trying to get finished some pendant works.
Still up to start Mark Skaife's Adidas/Newcastle Lister and some other golden pieces that I can't comprehend how are not they done yet.

I wonder if is there any mod for 993 Porsche Gt1 better or more updated than ag_porsche_993_gt1 from assettogarage (for some reason I suspect that is taken from legion, but I couldn't find legion's one if it longer exists).

Last edited:
I am releasing middle-up 90's 24h LM skins on RD for those who are interested in fill their grids
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/marcos-lm600-gt2-1997-le-mans-24h-skins.63121/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/le-mans-1997-pilot-racing-4-skin-for-f333sp.59517/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-gt1-993-1997-le-mans-24h-skins.63120/

If someone else is interested in working on it, I'm very busy these days trying to get finished some pendant works.
Still up to start Mark Skaife's Adidas/Newcastle Lister and some other golden pieces that I can't comprehend how are not they done yet.

I wonder if is there any mod for 993 Porsche Gt1 better or more updated than ag_porsche_993_gt1 from assettogarage (for some reason I suspect that is taken from legion, but I couldn't find legion's one if it longer exists).
@JK1977 is working on one

Thank you Short Circut, and RMi_wood. Both your slightly different suggestions worked and 'applied' a darkening effect to the billboard that changes depending on lighting conditions, so it should be working now. Unfortunately I am facing an unexpected challenge where the actual normal map is not being applied.

Looking at the Object Inspector reveals that the normal map my config is pointing to is apparently <missing>
Thank you for the help RMi_wood. In the end the difference between the normal map file being <missing> and working perfectly was just deleting the space after the = sign on the last line, before the file name. Funny I had noticed that peculiarity in one of the sample config files I had poured through when looking for ideas, but at the time I tried that alternative I don't think I had yet added the file to the extension folder.

This works :):

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = XXXX
SHADER = ksPerPixelNM
RESOURCE_... = txNormal
RESOURCE_FILE_...=XXXX.dds

XXXX of course being the relevant MATERIAL and normal file name, and with the NM texture placed in the extension folder, even if the ext_config is in a skin folder. Hope this helps anyone else who likes things rough...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-23 101312.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-23 101312.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 13
Nissan R32 JTCC Update&Livery skin Navan
View attachment 1282001

fixed all the errors

• Suspension
  • Doors
  • Model Refinement: removed any empty dummy elements from the model, resulting in a more optimized.
Fixed front wheels snap

Front Wheels Stability, the instability issue with the front wheels has been resolved.

-Now the front wheels won't break when you turn the steering wheel at a max rotation angle

Download update/skin GTPlanet
download version 8 if you got confused
Download Patreon
skin pack
!! Remember that the mod now comes only with the (test car livery skin) and you have to download the rest of the skins separately!!

Things got a little confusing, I know that I will try to fix them soon.
I don't have the time now
Now that it's working I love it, but I have a quick question : why aren't you using the PC2 wheels ? I've ported the PC2 model not long ago (and it is quite similar to yours) and the wheels look a tad better :

__custom_showroom_1692784798.jpg

Great! Much better! Finally we are no longer alone when we run! I always hated empty stands!
Thank You for you work!

@Breathe don't miss this fix for the excel file
Your welcome. I'll have a complete set for you by the end of the weekend most likely. Going to be more work than I thought, but I plan to go a little overboard and make some spots around the track for standing spectators as well.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back