Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
TVR update.

Over the last few days I've been trying to smooth out all the imperfections on the essential 3D elements I'd left behind. I managed to repair the rear bumper after destroying it with a boolean modifier in the past. I added some (bad) seat belts and some other details like the endurance lights used on the Le Mans 2005 chassis. I redid the splitter, the front air intake, the diffuser and the rear wing. Even though they were not mounted on this chassis, I still created the other set of rims used on the T400R (from what I understand they should be, or at least similar to, the OZ Chrono). In addition to the 3D and physics work, I'm also creating a sound from scratch. There will be two sound packs: the standard GTR2 one for the nostalgic and the Speed Six one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-19-44.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-19-44.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-16-51.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-16-51.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-16-55.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-16-55.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-17-11.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-17-11.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-17-53.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-17-53.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-18-5.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-18-5.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-18-12.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-18-12.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-18-49.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-18-49.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-19-31.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-23-19-31.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-16-31-22.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_monza_1-11-123-16-31-22.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 18
I bought a couple of Samsung Bar Plus 256GB USB 3.1 sticks for something like £17 each recently (metal, waterproof, shockproof, xray proof, magnet proof), just to keep on keyrings as portable storage.
Why not get something like that to ease the pressure?

View attachment 1308255
I'm running out of space too. I have AC mods folder HUGE, AMS1, AMS2, rF1, rF2, GTR, GT Legends, ACC, RBR Rallysimfans.hu mod, DR2, new EA rally game, etc. etc. My gaming PC is literally full of driving games and nothing else.

Wouldn't want to open my desktop case. Is there some USB-linked portable drive that is fast enough to use for playing?

Maybe a stupid question. I'm bad with computers. :D

Last edited:
Extra Storage is not the problem. The problem is my exclusive Assetto 128gb ssd which is always full. Including all the stuff i am currently using.
I am affraid to "touch it" and move the whole thing one day to the main 1TB drive.
Why the fear about moving it?
Copy it and ensure there's nothing wrong with the new archive before deleting the old one.
Totally risk-free.

Thinking along the lines of Breathe's excellent track mod reference and link list, has anyone made one for cars?

I'm running out of space too. I have AC mods folder HUGE, AMS1, AMS2, rF1, rF2, GTR, GT Legends, ACC, RBR Rallysimfans.hu mod, DR2, new EA rally game, etc. etc. My gaming PC is literally full of driving games and nothing else.

Wouldn't want to open my desktop case. Is there some USB-linked portable drive that is fast enough to use for playing?

Not sure about the other games, but AC doesn't stream from disk during gameplay, so transfer speed is only really important for reducing loading times in AC.
But external USB 3.2 SSD disks are pretty cheap these days, aren't they? 50-odd quid for 1TB or something?
edit: example £51 1TB, up to 800MB/s.
Or 2TB for £87.
edit 2: stupid forum keeps turning an Amazon link into an invisible image.
Search Amazon for Crucial X6 1TB Portable SSD - Up to 800MB/s - PC and Mac - USB 3.2 USB-C External Solid State Drive - CT1000X6SSD9

Last edited:
WSC60's Pack - Release planned for Friday 8 december 2023

This mod is a tribute to the 60’s era of Sportscar and Prototype racing, featuring 20 all time classics from multiple classes.
Over 350 historic skins were created by Pasta, Ben Nash, ValentinK and Parillia. We tried to create historical correct physics, with accurate aero, fuel usage etc. The Chaparral has a moving wing which you can operate manually, DRS 60's style :D

Cars included in the pack:
1967 Chaparral 2F
1967 Chevron B6 BMW
1964 Ferrari 250 LM
1967 Ferrari 330 P4 Berlinetta
1967 Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder
1965 Ford Gt40 Mk1
1966 Ford GT X1 Roadster
1966 Ford GT40 Mk II
1967 Ford GT40 Mk IV
1965 Iso Grifo A3/C
1966 Jaguar XJ-13
1967 Lola T70 Mk3 GT
1966 Lotus 47 GT
1964 Maserati 151/3
1967 Nissan R380-II
1965 Porsche 904/8
1966 Porsche 906-E
1964 Shelby Daytona Coupe

3d Models:
  • Built from scratch: MacedoSTi (Chaparral), DobriD (Chevron, Maserati), Yamabushi (Lotus)
  • Conversions / updates/ add-ons: Mr X & Gadu (250 LM), Sergio Cepeda, Velo, MacedoSTI, Norms, Mac Ten and DrDoomslab.

View attachment 1308200

View attachment 1308202
View attachment 1308203
View attachment 1308207
View attachment 1308208
This is the "single best news of the year" award winner, without doubt. It obliterated competition.

Last edited:
Hi all, I downloaded the Pagani Utopia R from Assetto World and in VR the view out of the window has taken me back to the LSD in the 60's. You can't see out and when you move your head you a mirrored streaming image affect.
Is there a quick fix for this sort of thing or throw it in the bin.

Just throwing this out there for anyone to try. I did the same thing for Nords' ai that I did for Monza. I re-recorded the sidelines to get them off the kerbs to try and get past the start of the race without a giant pile up. It seems to work pretty good. I didn't really touch the original ai line so they should race about the same as they do with the stock ai, but hopefully without the carnage. Some day I may actually re-record the racing line but for now i'm just happy to be able to run an actual race.

I included the original fast_lane and ai_hints file so there's no worries about reverting back to stock. You would just need to rename two files. I also included two of my own hints files with some additions because for some reason some of the modern GT3 car mods couldn't handle a few turns. If you find the ai still wrecks too much, try deleting the ai_hints file and rename ai_hints_alt to ai_hints.

I will admit that this wasn't thoroughly tested with all cars so your mileage may vary. I found it works great with the RSS GT cars and most GT3 cars even using a 95% +/- 5% aggression setting and i'm good with that. Even if I can only race the GT cars, i'm just happy to be able to race something. I was getting tired of driving solo laps all the time.

Nords AI mod

nords.jpg

Last edited:

Not sure about the other games, but AC doesn't stream from disk during gameplay, so transfer speed is only really important for reducing loading times in AC.
But external USB 3.2 SSD disks are pretty cheap these days, aren't they? 50-odd quid for 1TB or something?
edit: example £51 1TB, up to 800MB/s.
Or 2TB for £87.
edit 2: stupid forum keeps turning an Amazon link into an invisible image.
Search Amazon for Crucial X6 1TB Portable SSD - Up to 800MB/s - PC and Mac - USB 3.2 USB-C External Solid State Drive - CT1000X6SSD9
If you don't care too much about initial loading times, that's exactly what I'd recommend. Then use mklinks (example below) to connect your AC root folder to the external HDD/SSD.
Code:
mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content" "E:\assettocorsa\content"

@CMonroe @FlyingSaucer9 @Pez94

For Sergio's Elva FJ. The mesh is troublesome, there's a raised circle in the 3D model and the mesh will need to be split from the car body and edited, but it's a bit better than it was.

Drop the DDS in any skin folder you want to have the Elva nose badge.

Many thanks for this.

fix.png

FIXES for shadows cast on white/yellow lines, skidmarks etc, for the following REBOOT TEAM tracks:
rt_autodrom_most
rt_daytona,
rt_dubai,
rt_fuji_speedway
rt_misano
rt_mont_tremblant
rt_oulton_park
rt_port_newark
rt_suzuka
rt_zolder

Zip contains only the corrected ext_config.ini for the above mentioned tracks. Remove the .txt part, unzip and let overwrite when asked.
I think I didn't overlook anything. Feel free to report should you find another issue.

Attachments

• shadow_fixes_for_reboot_tracks.zip.txt
    65.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
If you don't care too much about initial loading times, that's exactly what I'd recommend. Then use mklinks (example below) to connect your AC root folder to the external HDD/SSD.
@Apocalypse211 That's exactly what I did, and it's been a game-changer for me (literally). Picked up a 5 TB external USB WD_BLACK game drive for less than US$150, linked it with the mklink command as @s-b-i illustrates (only just the cars folder for me at the moment), and now I don't have to worry about having to somehow free up space for new cars and tracks. It doesn't add all that much loading time, and it's more than worth it.

Ultima GTR v0.8
dw_ultima_gtr_v8_tav_moderna_03_14_10-accum.png

Changelog:

• adjusted suspension (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • whp data corrected (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • added some details (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • remodeled the new front parts (Ultima V8)
  • added new textures (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • reworked metal base interior ▷ was stretched on both door sides (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • reworked lowbeam headlight (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • changed gear settings ▷ 2 gear sets available (for now) (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • fixed internal windows reflection (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • adjusted interior soundsettings (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • reworked skins (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)
  • adjusted interior light (Ultima V8 & Ultima 3.2)

- delete previous versions and do a clean install -

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/file/hcpFQTSK#wecDsKqdgaeivZv7TKjMa92Qk8SqhEmhksiauRXFMhg

Last edited:
I don't know why, Wheels in RFC_ford_focus_mk1_02 and 04 versions look quite good on the showroom (white) and then when I am on track they look darker, more grey/silver than they are. Even having edited the rfcrimoz.dds
Someone told me something about the shaders, but I still dunno what they are, do and how to edit them. Is there a possibioity to know how can I detect the reason that produces this error, and eventually fix it?View attachment 1308084View attachment 1308086
where can you get the mod

2005 FIA GT1 skinpack v1.2...
WSC60's Pack...
Ohakea airport race track...
Porsche Boxster 2003 Public Release !!!!...
TVR update...
Just throwing this out there for anyone to try...
FIXES for shadows cast on white/yellow lines, skidmarks etc, for the following REBOOT TEAM tracks...
Ultima GTR v0.8...
group-hug-gif-6.gif

What an amazing community... 😚 (Cheesy Mode, Off)

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there for anyone to try. I did the same thing for Nords' ai that I did for Monza. I re-recorded the sidelines to get them off the kerbs to try and get past the start of the race without a giant pile up. It seems to work pretty good. I didn't really touch the original ai line so they should race about the same as they do with the stock ai, but hopefully without the carnage. Some day I may actually re-record the racing line but for now i'm just happy to be able to run an actual race.

I included the original fast_lane and ai_hints file so there's no worries about reverting back to stock. You would just need to rename two files. I also included two of my own hints files with some additions because for some reason some of the modern GT3 car mods couldn't handle a few turns. If you find the ai still wrecks too much, try deleting the ai_hints file and rename ai_hints_alt to ai_hints.

I will admit that this wasn't thoroughly tested with all cars so your mileage may vary. I found it works great with the RSS GT cars and most GT3 cars even using a 95% +/- 5% aggression setting and i'm good with that. Even if I can only race the GT cars, i'm just happy to be able to race something. I was getting tired of driving solo laps all the time.

Nords AI mod

View attachment 1308282
Awesome! Thanks! Does this also works for the Trackday mode on Nordschleife Tourist BTG etc?

Why the fear about moving it?
Copy it and ensure there's nothing wrong with the new archive before deleting the old one.
?
Made bad experience in the past with moving large modded content. Always something went wrong.
I am the guy - never change a running system

Code:
mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content" "E:\assettocorsa\content"
Where do I have to type the command line to?
@steam Ac game start options?

Maybe I will buy one and use those method 👌

Last edited:
Porsche Boxster 2003 Public Release !!!!
Download:
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings

View attachment 1308217View attachment 1308218View attachment 1308219View attachment 1308220View attachment 1308221View attachment 1308222
New driver posture and shifting animation should be issued soon, the car was released with the wrong ones.
@TonyBarracuda any reason for the 'turd' emoji on Peter's original post? Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Drive-by insults not so much.

Last edited:
Is half an hour and a totally different topic okay for two posts in a row? Hopefully so, I'm trying to be helpful and don't want this 911 confused with the Boxster above.

Really nice PDK and gated shifting 991.2 GT3 pack from Jerry Wei, both with RHD and LHD options.

1701515310639.png 1701515355113.png

Porsche 911 991.2 GT3 2018 Pack V1.0
Base model from Kunos
Converted by Jerry Wei
Sound by SCIBSOUND

• CSP Settings
  • PBR Materials
  • VAO

EXTRA A : Left door animation
EXTRA B : Right door animation
EXTRA C : Dome light

DOWNLOAD LINK : https://www.patreon.com/posts/release-porsche-92547703

Last edited:

Nords AI mod

View attachment 1308282
So you're telling me I'll finally be able to run to the ring without swearing every 20 meters? You are my savior :bowdown:

FIXES for shadows cast on white/yellow lines, skidmarks etc, for the following REBOOT TEAM tracks:
rt_autodrom_most
rt_daytona,
rt_dubai,
rt_fuji_speedway
rt_misano
rt_mont_tremblant
rt_oulton_park
rt_port_newark
rt_suzuka
rt_zolder

Zip contains only the corrected ext_config.ini for the above mentioned tracks. Remove the .txt part, unzip and let overwrite when asked.
I think I didn't overlook anything. Feel free to report should you find another issue.

One problem I 've noticed -at least on my end- is that the grove line becomes much more darker after applying the updated config files. I don't know if it could be a ppfilter-related-problem but that's how it looks like when applying the new ones compared to the original ones
Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_mont_tremblant_2-11-123-13-11-56.jpg
Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_rt_mont_tremblant_2-11-123-13-12-37.jpg

Awesome! Thanks! Does this also works for the Trackday mode on Nordschleife Tourist BTG etc?
I'm not sure. I'm guessing no since they are not the same layout. It's only for the 'nordschleife' layout. I guess I could try and make one for the tourist layout.
So you're telling me I'll finally be able to run to the ring without swearing every 20 meters? You are my savior :bowdown:
I'm not telling you that. The AI in this game is very weird. What works for me may not work for others. I'm simply saying that for me it seems to work great with the cars I tried. I'm simply throwing it out there for those that might like to try it with the hopes that others have the same results.

Last edited:
One problem I 've noticed -at least on my end- is that the grove line becomes much more darker after applying the updated config files. I don't know if it could be a ppfilter-related-problem but that's how it looks like when applying the new ones compared to the original ones
View attachment 1308389View attachment 1308390
Both of those images look super-dark to me. Thought I was wearing sunglasses. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back