Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,933 comments
If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything, but you entirely missed the point, and nothing I said to RJ was unfriendly, I even said it wasnt his fault. I am well aware what this forum is like, I don't need you to tell me. You obviously have an issue with me, because this isnt the first time you have attacked me for no reason. You want to have a crack at me in public, but expect me to PM you, the hypocrisy runs wild within you. I do agree that the forum is great, other than one bloke (look in the mirror you will know who I mean)

@Masscot I wish I knew how, if I did I would let you know. My comment was never intended as an attack on anyone or anyones work, was merely an observation. Somehow that has been taken as being unfriendly.
I’m complete unaware on how I did attacked you, but reading your anger, it seems it hurt you a lot. I can not remember on what I did write down in GTp forum that I did bully you. Assumed it was rude.
Sorry if my choice of words where rude or humiliating you. I can only say, my intentions here is only asking for help, helping others and checking out mods.
I hope the air is now cleared between you and me.

Next time be more friendly in your answer, as this is a great forum with nice members who wanting to help each other’s.

This is the bit I think is the issue.

it's interesting that there are hot air balloons in the sky at night lol. i know that's not your doing though

Clearly that post is laughing at there being hot air balloons in the sky at night...nothing more, nothing less and they even put the comment that they know its not Joe's tinkering that has done it.

If they were lower it would be cool to have them burning every so often, if you have never seen Bristol Balloon Fiesta or anything similar....it is epic!
I have been to the Fiesta twice and there is something really special about watching what the balloon pilots do in the night glow.

shi
Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park v1.0

View attachment 1368342
Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park, O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis, and Lucas Oil Raceway) is an auto racing facility in Brownsburg, Indiana, about 10 miles (16 km) northwest of downtown Indianapolis. (wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-Only Oval layout
-43 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Track by Team Tchacha
-I have tried to contact him but have not been able to. I thank him for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
Lights were taken from a previously converted Colorado 24.
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Denver Thurston.

FANTASTIC SHORT OVAL!
Screenshot_ac_legends_ta_mustang_1965_lucas_oil_raceway_29-5-124-18-12-47.jpg

Is there any way to get the 2018 version of the Formula RSS 2 V6? (the one with the smaller wheel rims)
The Formula RSS 2 is free but that is the Dallara GP2/11, Formula RSS 2 V6 2020 is for sale but that is the Dallara F2 2018 with 18-inch wheels, Im look for the Dallara F2 2018 with 13-inch wheels.

Folder name of the available car is rss_formula_rss_2_v6_2020 but the one I am trying to find is rss_formula_rss_2_v6.

danke, but how can i change inside the control panel the settings for ac?

I dont have an Nvidia card these days, but from memory when I had a 1050ti there is a place in the Nvidia control panel that lets you sets specific settings for specific software. Think it is under the 3D settings menu on the left, then in the right pane where the settings are you have two tabs, Global Settings and Program Settings. Program Settings lets you make changes to AC and any other software so Nvidia control panel will auto apply the settings when you launch AC or whatever

it's interesting that there are hot air balloons in the sky at night lol. i know that's not your doing though
They are long gone on my personal version of the track. One of the first things I do on every track I download is eliminate or reduce all of the stuff in the sky. I just don't care for them, especially when there are a ton of them like on Sonoma.

Last edited:
When someone has a chance, could you give this new lights setup for rt_sonoma a try and let me know if I overdid it or where I should add more. Please make sure to backup your existing extension folder first to be safe. Also, any thoughts on the light brightness. They should be the same brightness as the stock config had, but with the added lights, everything may seem too bright now. I'm considering lowering the brightness for the lights around the grandstands, but leave the track side lights the same as the default brightness.

Thanks for any help. You can PM me any opinions to avoid cluttering up the board.

Attachments

• rt_sonoma_lights_test.zip
    940.7 KB · Views: 1
If you (or anyone else) know of a way to make them automatically disappear at night, please shout.
Maybe there's a way to link their disappearance to track lights coming on?
IDK. Maybe someone who knows more about track modding and configs can help?
But yeah, they do look daft at night, and manually renaming the kn5 every time the sun goes down obviously isn't an option.
Might be worth asking John on SRP, Seeing as he has spent half a decade working on that mod surely he has figured out a way to hide things during certain time of days etc. But maybe not.

I am a little bit confused. I lost my melbourne Track and want to download this new. But there a so many different ones, so i dont know how to decide. What is the best track for the pyers melbourne extension?

I am a little bit confused. I lost my melbourne Track and want to download this new. But there a so many different ones, so i dont know how to decide. What is the best track for the pyers melbourne extension?

Quick google gives you this video from Pyyer with everything you need:

When someone has a chance, could you give this new lights setup for rt_sonoma a try and let me know if I overdid it or where I should add more. Please make sure to backup your existing extension folder first to be safe. Also, any thoughts on the light brightness. They should be the same brightness as the stock config had, but with the added lights, everything may seem too bright now. I'm considering lowering the brightness for the lights around the grandstands, but leave the track side lights the same as the default brightness.

Thanks for any help. You can PM me any opinions to avoid cluttering up the board.
Absolutely stunning!! Lowering the brightness around the grandstands sounds like a really nice idea too, but I wouldn't lower them too much. It already looks fantastic. Thank you so much for what you do for this community!

Absolutely stunning!! Lowering the brightness around the grandstands sounds like a really nice idea too, but I wouldn't lower them too much. It already looks fantastic. Thank you so much for what you do for this community!
Good timing. I was just about to make a post with an updated test version that lowered the grandstand lights a little. Download the file again and see if you like the changes.

Attachments

• rt_sonoma_lights_test.zip
    940.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Good timing. I was just about to make a post with an updated test version that lowered the grandstand lights a little. Download the file again and see if you like the changes.
I adjusted the angle of the lights being thrown on the track a bit. I also lengthened how far light travels but dimmed it a bit. Finally, I fixed that weird reflection that was on the road at certain angles. The road fix is the last lines of the config. It is a shader adjustment.

Attachments

• Sonoma_Lights_Chas.zip
    959.7 KB · Views: 1
I adjusted the angle of the lights being thrown on the track a bit. I also lengthened how far light travels but dimmed it a bit. Finally, I fixed that weird reflection that was on the road at certain angles. The road fix is the last lines of the config. It is a shader adjustment.
Thanks for the updated config. I like the light setup overall except for one problem. Most of the poles have lights facing both ways. The angle setting you chose only casts light in one direction and it can look odd. Admittedly it's only noticeable if you are looking at a still image. I imagine most people wouldn't pick up on it, but the OCD part of me looks for those kind of minute details and it was something I noticed right away.

Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_rt_sonoma_29-5-124-22-18-23.jpg

Impressive, wonderful, magnificent... My experience with this addition is simply amazing; to an already fantastic mod improved with Climax F1 textures, this spectacular night lighting is added which, at least with my system, presents astonishing realism and also does not affect the fps rate as much as with other mods in which it is impossible to maintain a fluid image if driving at night... With three 2k monitors, a RX 6700 XT and 30 cars on the track, I maintain an average of 65 fps...

What I said: A-MA-ZING.

Last edited:
If anyone else is fed up of Steam refusing to start minimised and hijacking your whole desktop when launching AC following recent updates, just change the Start Up Location from 'Store' to 'Library' in Steam Settings/Interface.

View attachment 1272967
if you want Steam to boot minimized to the taskbar when you turn on your PC go here:

"C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

And add this to the shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent

I've been using it for a long time.

Last edited:
Last test version of the additional lights for Sonoma. This test includes three different ext_config files with different light configurations you can try. There is my original version, the @chas1723 version he posted earlier and the new default version which falls somewhere between my original and the @chas1723 version. To try out each one, you just need to rename the ext_config files in the extension folder. I also added @chas1723 reflection fix and @Cozy61 rain_fx to each config version.

Between all three options, i'm sure there has to be one you will like. If not, too bad. Just kidding. I'm still open to suggestions for improvements if anyone has any.

sonomalights.jpg

Last edited:
Last test version of the additional lights for Sonoma. This test includes three different ext_config files with different light configurations you can try. There is my original version, the @chas1723 version he posted earlier and the new default version which falls somewhere between my original and the @chas1723 version. To try out each one, you just need to rename the ext_config files in the extension folder. I also added @chas1723 reflection fix and @Cozy61 rain_fx to each config version.

Between all three options, i'm sure there has to be one you will like. If not, too bad. Just kidding. I'm still open to suggestions for improvements if anyone has any.

View attachment 1368732
full on group effort here it seems. This with the Climax skin gives the track new life. For some reason, if the shader replacement is not at the end, it does not take effect. Something must be overwriting it. also, these are the materials "MATERIALS = ROADD, ROADPIT, ROADRNM"

Edit: The rainFX addition is causing an issue for me. I will see if I can figure out why the road looks wet at the start of a session unless I save the config again.

Last edited:

View attachment 1368732
Hate to do this, but I had to fix a problem with my rt_sonoma lights mod. Not the mod itself, but a track problem. There was a patch of road going up the first hill that had incorrect normals and at night when the headlights hit it, it was overly bright. Should be resolved now. I also corrected the material names in @chas1723 shader addition.

Hopefully this will be the last update. I'm confident enough that I took the 'test' out of the zip file name and i'm calling it a finished mod for the time being.

Attachments

• rt_sonoma_additional_lights.zip
    777.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hate to do this, but I had to fix a problem with my rt_sonoma lights mod. Not the mod itself, but a track problem. There was a patch of road going up the first hill that had incorrect normals and at night when the headlights hit it, it was overly bright. Should be resolved now. I also corrected the material names in @chas1723 shader addition.

Hopefully this will be the last update. I'm confident enough that I took the 'test' out of the zip file name and i'm calling it a finished mod for the time being.
Noticed with this one that the lights at the main grandstand are going on and off when I am at the section between T7 and T9

EDIT: Has anyone ever posted a better/faster AI for this track? On the WTCC Layout I'm almost 2 sec faster than the P2 car in Quali...!

Last edited:
Guys, can you help me on this. Can't find definitive info on my question.
Trying to set up an NGT class group in AC like GTR2 had; but I'm unsure which of the GTR2 cars were part of the NGT class. I know a few, but perhaps you can help me narrow it down:

Here is a list of the 27 models originally included in GTR2:

• BMW M3 GTR
  • BMW Z3 M Coupe
  • Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
  • Chrysler Viper GTS-R
  • Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
  • Ferrari F360 Modena Challenge
  • Ferrari F360 Modena GT
  • Ferrari F360 Modena GTC
  • Ferrari F550-GTS Maranello
  • Ferrari F575-GTC Maranello
  • Gillet Vertigo Streiff
  • Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
  • Lister Storm GT
  • Lotus Motorsport Elise
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • Morgan Aero 8R
  • Mosler MT900R
  • Nissan 350Z GT2
  • Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
  • Porsche 911 GT2 Bi-Turbo (996)
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (996)
  • Porsche 911 GT3-R (996)
  • Porsche 911 GT3-RS (996)
  • Porsche 911 GT3-RSR (996)
  • Saleen S7-R
  • SEAT Toledo GT
  • TVR Tuscan T400R
Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back