Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,218 comments
Select the plastic strip, get the txdiffuse from the 3 dots next to the texture image, paint it red and put it back in the skin folder.

Bonus point : It might paint all plastic surfaces red... Maybe. Can't know for now :)
I did exactly what you said, but it didn't work. It works on the body color and wheels, but I can't do it on this plastic strip."

I did exactly what you said, but it didn't work. It works on the body color and wheels, but I can't do it on this plastic strip."
it may be that the shader value for that plastic is set to low which makes the colour you put on there basically black anyway

its a pretty common thing

Last edited:
"I'm just starting to learn these things and I'm a beginner. How can I do what you said?"
that's ok, we all have to start somewhere.

click on the platic trim and click the 3 dots next to "material" and then hit "change values" and change the very first value "ksambient" it will probably be 0.1 or something. as you enter a value it will automatically change. If you get it where you want it hit save and thats that

Screenshot (614).png

Screenshot (613).png

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with the Istanbul track know if the gravel is this yellow on the real life track? And what about the saturated green strip. Is that accurate as well? They stand out so much that i'd love to change them unless that is actually how they look.

gravel.jpg

Anyone familiar with the Istanbul track know if the gravel is this yellow on the real life track? And what about the saturated green strip. Is that accurate as well? They stand out so much that i'd love to change them unless that is actually how they look.

View attachment 1370204
Google maps say no. F1 2021 onboard too. No grass, no astroturf, but kerbs and tarmac

Last edited:

View attachment 1370204
It is definitely not like this. Here is an example, albeit an old one.

Saved by me 6 months ago

Last edited:
Google maps say no. F1 2021 onboard too. No grass, no astroturf, but kerbs and tarmac

After watching the video, I wonder where the track creator got the idea that those things should be those colors. Unless it's based on the track prior to 2021 and they used to look that way. Guess I got some color editing to do. Thanks for the video.

@Ale2Passos
I would not recommend the update, I've just spend at least an hour trying to figure out why suddenly all my Kunos cars were updated (as shown by the green dot in CM)

It will reset all your custom previews and other changes you've made to Kunos files! Luckily I have a good backup system, so was able to rollback. It also gave me the opportunity to see what has been changed compared to my backup.

The update changes the following files:

\content\gui\NationFlags\TWN.png has been changed to the correct flag (Republic of China)
\launcher\themes\.base\ac.utils.js on line 1036 "TWN": "Taiwan", has been changed to "TWN": "Taiwan, China",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.chs.js line 535 "Taiwan": "
台湾", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中国台湾",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.cht.js line 538 "Taiwan": "
台灣", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中國臺灣",
\launcher\themes\default\modules\profile\profile.html line 283 value="TWN">Taiwan has been changed to value="TWN">Taiwan, China

Very weird that Kunos has decided that Taiwan is now part of China (People's Republic of China). A very controversial topic!

To only interesting change is in to the following files:

\acs.exe file size was 22.918.296 is now 22.890.776
\acs_x64.exe file size was 21.921.880 is now 21.895.384

If anybody want these changed ACS files, let me know and I'll upload them!
I'd love those files because China can get screwed

that's ok, we all have to start somewhere.

click on the platic trim and click the 3 dots next to "material" and then hit "change values" and change the very first value "ksambient" it will probably be 0.1 or something. as you enter a value it will automatically change. If you get it where you want it hit save and thats that

View attachment 1370201

View attachment 1370198
Thanks for the tip. It helped a lot and I got the result I wanted :cheers:

__custom_showroom_1720204741.jpg

It's better but it's not without it's faults. Two biggest being:

1.) It's looks wavy in it's pattern. That one I can probably fix.

2.) To eliminate a grass strip that runs between the kerb and the fixed area, I needed to edit the kerb texture and remove the grass part. Unfortunately that creates a concrete strip along the curved astro patch at the bottom. That one i'm not sure how I can fix.

gravel2.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who wants to try it, i've uploaded a test version of the changes i've made to Instanbul Park so far. It's a full track version because it's easier for me to test and change things this way. Don't worry, it's a standalone track for now and won't interfere with your original version. You can safely delete it if you don't like it. In your track list, it will come up as 'Istanbul Park Test'.

Istanbul Park Test

List of changes I can remember:

-- New grass textures.
-- New VAO patches.
-- Jumbotrons are live via a track skin. They can be turned off by disabling the skin.
-- Fixes to some of the shader and material entries. No value changes, but a bunch of them had the same names which disabled a lot of the lights that were supposed to come on.
-- Added some trees and treewalls to hide some dead space areas.
-- Other little tweaks here and there.

One thing i've noticed with this track is a ton of z-fighting and flickering. So much that I wouldn't even know where to begin to try and correct them all. At first I thought it was something I did, but I tested an unedited copy of the original track and it does the same thing. Does anyone else have the same problem with this track or could I possibly have an older version?
New test version if you are interested. Use the link in the quote and delete the old track folder.

-- Removed the yellow sand and green rug and replaced them with tarmac textures as per @CrisT86 video. I'll be adjusting other areas as well once I go through everything I can see in the video.
-- Toned down the saturation of the green astro near the kerbs.
-- Changed the night light colors to be less red tinted. I can put them back the way they were if people prefer.
-- Some tree texture tweaks. Still trying to find a good replacement for the lollipop tree.

Last edited:
@Ale2Passos
I would not recommend the update, I've just spend at least an hour trying to figure out why suddenly all my Kunos cars were updated (as shown by the green dot in CM)

It will reset all your custom previews and other changes you've made to Kunos files! Luckily I have a good backup system, so was able to rollback. It also gave me the opportunity to see what has been changed compared to my backup.

<snip>
hmm... and how do you recon we do that?
Seems there is no option to turn off automatic updates ... (or is there a way?)

1720222384676.png

Now available for free at my Patreon... Enjoy :)

Haven't tried the new clio or the cupra yet (love the "old" versions), but thank you so much for this one! My IMSA grid got 1 car larger today :D

Feels just as great as the previous cupra you released. All your fwd cars translate the feeling through the FFB very nicely imho :cheers: Looks great too. I don't know what it is about that car, but a plain hyundai sedan in TCR race trim really does it for me :lol:

Screenshot_fw_elantra_tcr_2024_jr_road_atlanta_2022_5-6-124-23-42-9.jpg
Screenshot_fw_elantra_tcr_2024_jr_road_atlanta_2022_5-6-124-23-43-31.jpg

Last edited:
It's release Friday!

This time lets celebrate track number 100 with the most downloaded WIP track Daytona 1970!

DAYTONA 1970 release

This 3D-track was made for Grand Prix Legends by Sergio Loro and Ginetto. GTR2 conversion and enhancement by motorFX, Philrob and BillBro. It was converted by Rainmaker to Assetto Corsa. Thank you Philrob for the permission.

Features:
-both layouts road and oval
-competitive AI
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-replay cameras by DaBaeda
-support for time attack mode
-40 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
-night lights
-option for bumpy and smooth road meshes in extras folder, standard is bumpy

KNOWN ISSUES: Some corners are edgy in design.

Get always the latest version here:

View attachment 1370082View attachment 1370083View attachment 1370084View attachment 1370085

View attachment 1370086
This is track #100 released!​
whoa thank you so much! finally a proper pre 82 Daytona track, now that i am setting everything up i can do proper 60's, 70's and that one time in 82 or 85 that they raced pre-bus stop chicane.

whoa thank you so much! finally a proper pre 82 Daytona track, now that i am setting everything up i can do proper 60's, 70's and that one time in 82 or 85 that they raced pre-bus stop chicane.
Yeah I just ran the WSC '66 Jaguar XJ 13 there. That's the first time I've ever driven Daytona without the chicane. Pretty cool track.

Last edited:
@Ale2Passos

The update changes the following files:

\content\gui\NationFlags\TWN.png has been changed to the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee flag
\launcher\themes\.base\ac.utils.js on line 1036 "TWN": "Taiwan", has been changed to "TWN": "Taiwan, China",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.chs.js line 535 "Taiwan": "
台湾", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中国台湾",
\launcher\themes\default\js\ac.localization.cht.js line 538 "Taiwan": "
台灣", has been changed to "Taiwan, China": "中國臺灣",
\launcher\themes\default\modules\profile\profile.html line 283 value="TWN">Taiwan has been changed to value="TWN">Taiwan, China

Very weird that Kunos has decided that Taiwan is now part of China (People's Republic of China). A very controversial topic!

To only interesting change is in to the following files:

\acs.exe file size was 22.918.296 is now 22.890.776
\acs_x64.exe file size was 21.921.880 is now 21.895.384
\content\cars\ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro\data.acd inside this archive the ratios.rto file has been changed

Here is an archive with both the 'original' files and the files that have been changed in this update: https://modsfire.com/5833Ua9G5g0wG8o
Update didn't reset any previews or UI files on my installation.

Does anyone find it super odd that there doesn't seem to be any skins or skin packs floating around for the URD Radical SR10 XXR? I see plenty of SR3 XXR packs and tbf, it's free, but it's not like URD paid mods aren't an established thing
It is weird, let's hope something comes...

I also noted:
There's no Lotus Elise PBR for Elise Cups, which are still going on...
There is a two years old 1996 Elise Cup in beta. Or, there's the GUE Lotus Exige V6 CUP R behind a paywall, but needs some skinning love.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back