Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,387 comments
For me the links works perfectly (app and web on PC). Thanks for sharing.
That’s strange. Tried it on my pc and iPad and phone. Don’t know why it’s not working for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0507.jpeg
    IMG_0507.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The Viper with v1.6 doesn't has the fix, because i fixed it after v1.6.😉

As i know "Postprocess Filter" has nothing to do with CSP added lights, like at the Vertigo with "refracting lights" effect. PPF are modify the rendered image, so they improve and enhance the image. However, this has no direct influence on the features that you add with the extension config, apart from some extra effects like extra_fx_emissive, i.e. the effect like the lighting up of the driver's gloves by the RPM LEDs.
And as i know, if you drive in VR the Postprocess effects are even off, because CSP is currently unable to implement the PPF in VR. This means it doesn't matter if you leave the option on or off, because it is generally not available in VR. 🤔
And btw. i'm driving with a much older graphic card on VR, my settings are even adjusted for good FPS, but i can see the brakelights of the Vertigo.🤔
very weird , for me Post Processing works in VR (but gives a performance hit) and it definitely makes a difference when PP Effects is on or off ... 🤷‍♂️

To be clear, I CAN see the brakelights on the Vertigo , but it's when the car lights are turned on that they are hardly visible anymore...

no brake:
1722700841958.png

with brake:
1722700898114.png

I can only see the difference by looking at the light that is reflected off the track... but looking at the lights themselves, there is hardly any difference with brake on or off (again, this only when the lights of the car are turned on, otherwise there is no issue)

Last edited:
Hardly a proper request, but i transfered all my files from one SDD to another and ****ed up a few replay files.
I'm working on the Nordschchschchlefeie specifically for some dedicated settings, and i can't find a replay working on my computer.

Could someone send me a replay file, preferably fun and fast, with a bunch of cars fighting, so i could work on it during my holidays on the laptop? Won't use it apart from private use, i'm on the go crying because i won't be able to record a new replay to work on lol...

Any help deeply appreciated

very weird , for me Post Processing works in VR (but gives a performance hit) and it definitely makes a difference when PP Effects is on or off ... 🤷‍♂️

To be clear, I CAN see the brakelights on the Vertigo , but it's when the car lights are turned on that they are hardly visible anymore...

no brake:
View attachment 1377924

with brake:
View attachment 1377925

I can only see the difference by looking at the light that is reflected off the track... but looking at the lights themselves, there is hardly any difference with brake on or off (again, this only when the lights of the car are turned on, otherwise there is no issue)
Correct, Post Processing Filters (PPF) very much work in VR. Within CSP all of the “ExtraFX” are not able to be used in VR, so even if they are enabled or disabled it will not have an effect on FPS. What I have noticed is some modders use PPFs with excessive bloom and so turn down the effect of the taillights and brake lights, which then makes it difficult to see for other users who use more toned down PPFs or no PPF at all.

One question for the group, does anyone know which setting adjusts the distance for which track details get blurry in front of the driver? Is it LOD Bias? For instance on every track the white lines at the edge of the track surface get very blurry very quickly around 20m in front of the car. Not a deal breaker but if I can improve it it would just be one less annoying nitpick. Cheers!

Correct, Post Processing Filters (PPF) very much work in VR. Within CSP all of the “ExtraFX” are not able to be used in VR, so even if they are enabled or disabled it will not have an effect on FPS. What I have noticed is some modders use PPFs with excessive bloom and so turn down the effect of the taillights and brake lights, which then makes it difficult to see for other users who use more toned down PPFs or no PPF at all.

One question for the group, does anyone know which setting adjusts the distance for which track details get blurry in front of the driver? Is it LOD Bias? For instance on every track the white lines at the edge of the track surface get very blurry very quickly around 20m in front of the car. Not a deal breaker but if I can improve it it would just be one less annoying nitpick. Cheers!
i started noticing the same artifacts with grass on the road sides. They get abruptly blurry at 20meters range for some reason. Apparently on specific tracks, not everwhere. The LODS sliders in Graphic adjustments do not solve it, i'm still randomly looking for some settings to tweak

For instance on every track the white lines at the edge of the track surface get very blurry very quickly around 20m in front of the car.
perhaps this is a problem with anisotropic filtering, to check, set the value for it to 16 (maximum) in the settings, if the blur does not disappear, then the problem is elsewhere.

Hello everyone,
can someone give me the link with the list of all the tracks for AC? I don't remember the name of the author (a great one), I had it in my favorites and now I can't find it anymore. Thanks a lot in advance

yes must be something like that... anyways I think I will as a workaround switch PP effects on , and go from 80Hz to 72Hz to keep the needed headroom to not have any hickups. (but then again w the headache of which PP filter to use... )

i started noticing the same artifacts with grass on the road sides. They get abruptly blurry at 20meters range for some reason. Apparently on specific tracks, not everwhere. The LODS sliders in Graphic adjustments do not solve it, i'm still randomly looking for some settings to tweak
some say better turn off Anisotropic filtering in AC/CM , and turn it on in NVIDIA control panel instead...

But what works best for me to get rid of blurry lines as of +- 20m is setting Mip LOD bias to a negative value (-1.5 I have it set to).

(Assetto Corsa - VIDEO - System)
1722706178494.png

yes must be something like that... anyways I think I will as a workaround switch PP effects on , and go from 80Hz to 72Hz to keep the needed headroom to not have any hickups. (but then again w the headache of which PP filter to use... )

some say better turn off Anisotropic filtering in AC/CM , and turn it on in NVIDIA control panel instead...

But what works best for me to get rid of blurry lines as of +- 20m is setting Mip LOD bias to a negative value (-1.5 I have it set to).

(Assetto Corsa - VIDEO - System)
View attachment 1377937
Ahh yes I think it is the Mip LOD Bias! I've always had mine set at -0.75 so I'll do some experimentation, thank you!

As for PPFs I always end up going back to "Natural Mod", as it gives a really good natural look with minimal FPS impact from what I've found.

Edit: Mip LOAD Bias was indeed the culprit, thank you @jac0!

Last edited:
Ahh yes I think it is the Mip LOD Bias! I've always had mine set at -0.75 so I'll do some experimentation, thank you!

As for PPFs I always end up going back to "Natural Mod", as it gives a really good natural look with minimal FPS impact from what I've found.
Oh, i 've done a few variations for a suscriber of the Natural mod ppfilter. There's barely anything left of the original script nor color grading of the original, guy said they were awesome (and i still use them on a daily basis) but never got me more feedback. Since i've been fecking around with ppfilters for a while maybe you would tell me how they compare?

Here's the link to copy directly in your assetto folder, there are color grading LUTS that CM won't pick :

The "Tetri Baron 3" is the one i use the most, Baron 2 is a variation with less light/a bit more sadly realistic for Reshade.

To-do list left on it : adjusting the greens (it's always the greens), maybe install a "glaring" slider, and a few minor twitchs with sunbinding, fog adaptation etc. Same with night settings, haven't played with those yet.

I always use Reshade on final coat but if you could tell me if they work well just like this (you can tell me that they suck on your side as well) or if you find a fundamental flaw out of the box (too bright/contrasty/saturated etc) i would appreciate, never got feedback on those.

Last edited:

Edit: Mip LOAD Bias was indeed the culprit, thank you @jac0!
You're welcome!

ps:
I also just now found this Assetto Corsa TAA thing , but haven't tried it yet...
1722713901673.png

Anyone here did and can recommend?

Installing it, but the "Reshade" option is kiiling me. I'm reading the instructions veeeeeery slooooooowly
from little I read , that Reshade option is just that (an option) and so not mandatory...
I would try it without first. (when I have time)

Good luck and be sure to share your experiences/conclusions with us! :cheers:

from little I read , that Reshade option is just that (an option) and so not mandatory...

Tried it. Not as pretty as my top notch settings, and i have to see how Reshade can get the results better once i manage to make it work along (i've been using Reshade for the last year, not dropping it now lol).

Buuuuut. Damn. I knew ExtraFX was costly, but i get 30fps more using this. That could be a game changer.

I'll make a small vid comparition on the laptop to actually witness if it's worth it or not.

Last edited:

Tried it. Not as pretty as my top notch settings, and i have to see how Reshade can get the results better once i manage to make it work along (i've been using Reshade for the last year, not dropping it now lol).

Buuuuut. Damn. I knew ExtraFX was costly, but i get 30fps more using this. That could be a game changer.

I'll make a small vid comparition on the laptop to actually witness if it's worth it or not.
I would not recommend using it, because it forces you to disable FXAA. If you do this, all the CSP stuff is no longer working since custom shaders patch needs FXAA as an injector. Just my 2 cents...

can someone please help me finding a spefic skinpack for the rss 2022? i dont know the name of it anymore but still have some files of it laying around but i also sadly lost some of them and thats why i need it again. its not the 2022 community skinpack up on overtake, but maybe someone here has it. the detail it has that on top of the livery it said "f1 2022" just like the attacted one

Attachments

• livery.png
    livery.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 2
I would not recommend using it, because it forces you to disable FXAA. If you do this, all the CSP stuff is no longer working since custom shaders patch needs FXAA as an injector. Just my 2 cents..
Was made for it, and i' m always curious about new stuffs. I'll see if it interfeers with some CSP features (smoke, ambient occlusion, ldos etc)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back