Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,726 comments
Do you use Pure LCS and pureCandy ppfilter?

Otherwise it is related to the CSP fake shadows. If its set to higher than 1.0 this is the effect then.
That mistake i made is solved with the new Pure 2.1 and its reworked pureCandy ppfilter.

If you use a different ppfilter + script, you could search for:
"ac.setWeatherFakeShadowOpacity(...)" - it must be 1.0:
ac.setWeatherFakeShadowOpacity(1.0)
Yes, Pure LCS and pureCandy was the culprit. Thought I had messed up some settings.

Thank you.

🤣 I got the link right now

Yep that'll do it, it took me some time to get my head around a few things but once you get it its a lot of fun, and i never personally found skinning in 2D 'fun'. I do a lot of modding of model sources that don't have great Maps, so its been a god send.
Look at this map for example...

yellow.png

preview.jpg

Yep that'll do it, it took me some time to get my head around a few things but once you get it its a lot of fun, and i never personally found skinning in 2D 'fun'. I do a lot of modding of model sources that don't have great Maps, so its been a god send.
Look at this map for example...

View attachment 1387954

View attachment 1387955
Yeah I like the logic of the whole process, thinking of converting myself. Only thing to me is drawing straight lines and stuff, feels like the tools aren't as advanced as say Gimp, but I do agree, for cars with bad mapping its far easier to use.

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/circuit-chambley-par-race-system.71904/

If you want to correct the tree shadows with @Masscot's fix (and hide the baloons "wall") add the following lines to ext_config.ini

;unfeck borked tree normals
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION= lighten/darken trees after normal fix above
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.12 ; 0.3 up or down
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.12

; hide ballons
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
IS_ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = OBJ61, OBJ61.001
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Before After
View attachment 1387764View attachment 1387763

second one... please, please 🤩
That is one way...
You can also ust the Sissou, converted by shin956 version (which looks more lively and has two layouts.)

Last edited:
Speaking of, I refurbished some of these cars with 4K skins but they're still rough asf. Should've never been converted to AC lol
View attachment 1387224
View attachment 1387225View attachment 1387226View attachment 1387227
We need a brand new (and good) studio like RSS/VRC/URD for those monsters since the models must be done copletely from scratch. But it takes time and those studios that I've mentioned earlier have a lot to do with GT3s and LMH/LMDh (and Formulas😓😒) yet. I remember LTK doing almost a thing like this (even tho he worked on converted models from games such Forza or Gran Turismo). Let's see if someone will come up with this...

Please F302 open a free patreon so I don't get lost with all your mods and update. It's easy to see them rather than check here or on an FB group. You can even create collections for each car or group or era🙏

We need a brand new (and good) studio like RSS/VRC/URD for those monsters since the models must be done copletely from scratch. But it takes time and those studios that I've mentioned earlier have a lot to do with GT3s and LMH/LMDh (and Formulas😓😒) yet. I remember LTK doing almost a thing like this (even tho he worked on converted models from games such Forza or Gran Turismo). Let's see if someone will come up with this...
Is this the gt3 2023-2024 cars ?

Last edited:
Thanks to @Rainmaker87 for the Ahvenisto edit. Never played the map because it felt... off for some reason, it's now a favourite for slower cars. Such a blast in rainy conditions now that the physics work!

If i was to be picky, i would go for a little less saturation/vibrance on the scenery, but that's something i can edit directly in the ppfilter.

Good job mate, keep going👍

Hey Tetri, I recently tried some of your provided NeckFx settings, these are really great and awesome. Thanks for providing them here (this is your WIP one, "ultimate"). Maybe add some more vibration which comes from the road, then it would be perfect. But this could also be that Baku is flat like a pan. But, driving through the streets of Baku like this and you feel like a jet pilot. The immersion is intense! Great job!

Yeah I like the logic of the whole process, thinking of converting myself. Only thing to me is drawing straight lines and stuff, feels like the tools aren't as advanced as say Gimp, but I do agree, for cars with bad mapping its far easier to use.
A little tip for that, make in gimp or paint.net or whatever a decal that is say a thickish line in white. Then in blender open as a decal and you can position it anywhere like a decal and change to whatever colour you want.
Same with circles, or any shape.
If you go with the idea that everything that goes onto the car is a decal and scrap trying to use the blender lines pretty much.

A little tip for that, make in gimp or paint.net or whatever a decal that is say a thickish line in white. Then in blender open as a decal and you can position it anywhere like a decal and change to whatever colour you want.
Same with circles, or any shape.
If you go with the idea that everything that goes onto the car is a decal and scrap trying to use the blender lines pretty much.
Actually that's a very good tip, thanks!

I am experiencing troubles when I try to race at OSRW Nurburgring GP Layout. Does somebody have a fix for this issue?

View attachment 1387962View attachment 1387961
For "0 CARS IN RACE.INI" you can take a look here:

For the "missing texture" issue, no clue, sorry... I don't know if the two warnings are caused by the same reason.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back