Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,726 comments
As I was going through the various spa versions: (didn't get to kunos' track, I'm in the past right now...;) )

Spa-Notes.jpg

All of his tracks, due to the fact he not use CSP, needs some tweaks for CSP users. Like Santorini missing for us the sea meanwhile he has it. All his tracks needs proper config for us or a proper fix for vanilla version.

Maybe it's time to live in 2024, modding stuff as if were still in 2009 is cool and all but if I wanted some rfactor looking tracks well I'd play rfactor.

Same thing applies to SD bringing so many old F1 mods with hexagonal exhaust pipes or our dear friend GTSubpar converting F1C Group C cars that, if they were humans, could drive themselves when you look at their age lmao

Maybe it's time to live in 2024, modding stuff as if were still in 2009 is cool and all but if I wanted some rfactor looking tracks well I'd play rfactor.

Same thing applies to SD bringing so many old F1 mods with hexagonal exhaust pipes or our dear friend GTSubpar converting F1C Group C cars that, if they were humans, could drive themselves when you look at their age lmao
No idea why he's refuse using CSP. Maybe he can't run on his machine. No idea tho. For sure, as today, AC for me is barely usable without CSP, but anyone is free to play as he likes

I have no idea who made the VRC 2007 cars. Does he frequent this community?

All I can say that they are by far the most enjoyable modern F1 cars I've driven. With Nuzzi's blue flag app, very good season champs settings and rain DLC I have managed to create probably the best AC F1 season ever. For myself anyway. Even the chaotic Nurburgring rain race felt amazing. This F1 season was one of the best ever and KImi got his well deserved title. It all climaxed in the last race at Interlagos.

These cars are so enjoyable to drive. They're a bit on the easy side but they make you feel like you're a master sim racer. LOL. I have added mandatory pitstops and driving with Raikkonen and I swear, I've had so amazing and tight battles between Hamilton and Alonso (and sometimes Massa). Super enjoyable.

Thanks (whoever made these cars). Amazing!

Check out this Silverstone video I made. First lap is overtaking the backmarkers, second one is just a fast lap (well for me a mediocre sim racer it was fast LOL). Who cares about AC2 when you can drive masterpieces like this?

PS: Not a huge modern F1 fan but 2016 was a cool rivalry between Nico and Lewis. I might create a 2016 season next as I've played all 80's and best 90's years to death. Is there a good F1 car mod for 2016? Or some other particularly good mod year between (2008 and 2024)? I have 2022 though.

Last edited:
No idea why he's refuse using CSP. Maybe he can't run on his machine. No idea tho. For sure, as today, AC for me is barely usable without CSP, but anyone is free to play as he likes
I thought CSP actually improves performance compared to clockwork vanilla Assetto Corsa?

I thought CSP actually improves performance compared to clockwork vanilla Assetto Corsa?
CSP does infact improve your performance. But it also takes it away if you decide to enable to many things that are often pointless.

If they have performance issues with CSP then they should probably look into their PC and do some proper deep cleaning cause it makes no sense otherwise lol.

Last edited:
Really love this car and apprciate all the work gone into it, thank you!

One thing I noticed with this update is that the rolecage, exaust and front headlights all use the same texture, so one can't change the color without effecting all three parts.

Is there a way to change this?

Rear diffuser is also a bit bright now.
Shader replacements (ext_config.ini) can be used to assign different textures to different meshes.
This is useful if you cannot (or do not want to) edit the 3D model.
You can also change the brightness values for each skin using Shader replacements.

I have no idea who made the VRC 2007 cars. Does he frequent this community?

All I can say that they are by far the most enjoyable modern F1 cars I've driven. With Nuzzi's blue flag app, very good season champs settings and rain DLC I have managed to create probably the best AC F1 season ever. For myself anyway. Even the chaotic Nurburgring rain race felt amazing. This F1 season was one of the best ever and KImi got his well deserved title. It all climaxed in the last race at Interlagos.

These cars are so enjoyable to drive. They're a bit on the easy side but they make you feel like you're a master sim racer. LOL. I have added mandatory pitstops and driving with Raikkonen and I swear, I've had so amazing and tight battles between Hamilton and Alonso (and sometimes Massa). Super enjoyable.

Thanks (whoever made these cars). Amazing!

Check out this Silverstone video I made. First lap is overtaking the backmarkers, second one is just a fast lap (well for me a mediocre sim racer it was fast LOL). Who cares about AC2 when you can drive masterpieces like this?

PS: Not a huge modern F1 fan but 2016 was a cool rivalry between Nico and Lewis. I might create a 2016 season next as I've played all 80's and best 90's years to death. Is there a good F1 car mod for 2016? Or some other particularly good mod year between (2008 and 2024)? I have 2022 though.
VRC is a big studio, normally yyou pay for their mod but they do have some free one
CSP does infact improve your performance. But it also takes it away if you decide to enable to many things that are often pointless.

If they have performance issues with CSP then they should probably look into their PC and do some proper deep cleaning cause it makes no sense otherwise lol.
Nonesense!!

Mate, I refuse to use CSP is because newer and newer versions are coming out and tracks made for older versions need constant correction. If a CSP finished version comes out, I'll use it... maybe. I added rain reflection and night lights in GTR2... these will definitely not need to be improved or corrected in the future, because there is no such thing as GTR2+CSP.

Albion Valley night lights.jpg

Last edited:
Heads up, the link has just been updated by Peter with some fixes, including new driver and shifting animation, exterior black trim/black glass fix, and a cockpit sunlight encroachment fix.

Edit: these new B, C and D LODs need adding to the car folder to match the new exterior trim values. Overwrite the existing ones.
Hello, is the link up to date?

It's the same as the old version. I don't get any improvement.

Hey Tetri, I recently tried some of your provided NeckFx settings, these are really great and awesome. Thanks for providing them here (this is your WIP one, "ultimate"). Maybe add some more vibration which comes from the road, then it would be perfect. But this could also be that Baku is flat like a pan. But, driving through the streets of Baku like this and you feel like a jet pilot. The immersion is intense! Great job!

Do you not struggle with neckfx? I find where it shifts your perspective right at the moment where you need your perspective to be spot on (Corner entry) to be quite distracting. I find I'm compensating and concentrating for and on the movement it brings rather than just looking at the apex.

Mate, I refuse to use CSP is because newer and newer versions are coming out and tracks made for older versions need constant correction. If a CSP finished version comes out, I'll use it... maybe. I added rain reflection and night lights in GTR2... these will definitely not need to be improved or corrected in the future, because there is no such thing as GTR2+CSP.

I think it's your information that might be out of date.
Not sure why you think that "tracks made for older versions need constant correction" when even original Kunos content (created years before CSP even existed) look and work just fine, as do tracks created since that do utilise CSP features.
If what you say is true then the AC modding scene would be in total meltdown, with content needing updating with every new CSP release. This simply is not the case.
There are many good reasons why people use CSP and why tracks (and cars) are now created to take advantage of it.

Not sure why you think that "tracks made for older versions need constant correction" when even original Kunos content (created years before CSP even existed) look and work just fine, as do tracks created since that do utilise CSP features.
If what you say is true then the AC modding scene would be in total meltdown, with content needing updating with every new CSP release. This simply is not the case.
There are many good reasons why people use CSP and why tracks (and cars) are now created to take advantage of it.
I follow the forum posts here... there are many problems, whether car mod or track mod - the community helps, the first question is always: which CSP version are you using. I also see when uploading some new mods that the creator indicates which CSP version it works with. My experience as an interested observer shows that AC+CSP is constantly about solving problems...

Nah, he's not wrong. Just recently I updated to the latest version and suddenly tracks I had been playing no problem were all getting "GPU errors" and stuff like that. And most often solution are "downgrade the CSP to X". I think more the trick is to stick to the latest "stable" version rather than constantly changing to the latest untested ones.

I follow the forum posts here... there are many problems, whether car mod or track mod - the community helps, the first question is always: which CSP version are you using. I also see when uploading some new mods that the creator indicates which CSP version it works with. My experience as an interested observer shows that AC+CSP is constantly about solving problems...
So you haven't actually tried it yourself? Might be worth giving it a go rather than using anecdotal hearsay from others. You might be pleasantly surprised.
If CSP was as problematic as you seem to think then nobody would be using it. There is a 'recommended' version (although this is very old... not sure why the recommended version never gets amended. CSP have been very stable for ages now).
In my own experience of always updating CSP when available, issues are fairly minor aesthetic ones and rarely (if ever) gamebreaking.
It's not as if vanilla AC is without it's problems either. Didn't one of your non-CSP tracks recently lack any water at all?
All I'm saying is, if you were scared off CSP several years ago and haven't used it since, give it a go - you might be pleasantly surprised by the visual updates, the new features and the increase in performance.

Another thought: if you don't use CSP because you think it'll break some tracks or cars, then how do you use content that actually needs CSP to look and work properly?

Last edited:
Nah, he's not wrong. Just recently I updated to the latest version and suddenly tracks I had been playing no problem were all getting "GPU errors" and stuff like that. And most often solution are "downgrade the CSP to X". I think more the trick is to stick to the latest "stable" version rather than constantly changing to the latest untested ones.
Cant say for tracks, but cars that do pop that error are bad mods anyway, generaly badly optimized to run

So you haven't actually tried it yourself? Might be worth giving it a go rather than using anecdotal hearsay from others. You might be pleasantly surprised.
If CSP was as problematic as you seem to think then nobody would be using it. There is a 'recommended' version (although this is very old... not sure why the recommended version never gets amended. CSP have been very stable for ages now).
In my own experience of always updating CSP when available, issues are fairly minor aesthetic ones and rarely (if ever) gamebreaking.
It's not as if vanilla AC is without it's problems either. Didn't one of your non-CSP tracks recently lack any water at all?
All I'm saying is, if you were scared off CSP several years ago and haven't used it since, give it a go - you might be pleasantly surprised by the visual updates, the new features and the increase in performance.

Another thought: if you don't use CSP because you think it'll break some tracks or cars, then how do you use content that actually needs CSP to look and work properly?
I don't use tracks that absolutely require CSP. A great modder friend of ours is now converting an old track of mine, sending it for testing, but I can't check it... no problem, I accept the situation and trust the modder friend. By the way, see the above comment from BruceD.

The reason mods have a version of CSP that is mandatory is due to the fact the mod is using features that were added to csp in that release. CSP is quite stable now. The reason for asking which CSP version when helping people is due to people using obscenely old versions and expecting them to look like the current versions.

The reason mods have a version of CSP that is mandatory is due to the fact the mod is using features that were added to csp in that release. CSP is quite stable now. The reason for asking which CSP version when helping people is due to people using obscenely old versions and expecting them to look like the current versions.
Worth mentioning too that a lot of issues seem to be triggered by users clicking tickboxes and messing with settings that they don't properly understand. If you use CSP's default settings and actually research what various options do before implementing them (the descriptions aren't great, that's something that has always been a barrier) then you'll have an easier and more streamlined experience. There are plenty of YouTube guides to help, but if suitable caution is exercised and you don't act like a greedy kid in a sweet shop then things will go a lot smoother.

Anyway, at the end of the day if anyone doesn't want to use CSP then that's fine.
I think they'll be missing out on a LOT of benefits though and be stuck with a 10-year-old game that shows its age in vanilla form but plays like a modern sim with CSP.

Last edited:

Attachments

• models_nurburgring_osrw.ini
    552 bytes · Views: 1
  • models_nurburgring-sprint_osrw.ini
    559 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:
Cant say for tracks, but cars that do pop that error are bad mods anyway, generaly badly optimized to run
So far when I've had the error, I've changed the car to a different track and had no problems. But I could believe that cars give a similar issue.

I think at the end of the day its about finding the version that gives the least issues for your hardware. And like Masscot says, not going mad on every new setting just "because its there to tick"

I wouldn't avoid it completely, but its not 100% bulletproof.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back